The Lament of the Lost Blurty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean, guy.

fail-wrongness-weather-dick.gif

tumblr_nq98q9gU9w1smjc75o1_500.gif

Sweet Zombie Jesus.

Last edited:
Nope. Most people weren't thinking it could get this bad. Honestly, I didn't either. I just needed a few things and decided to get most of the weeks shopping out of the way.

We get a lot of snow. Whenever the forecast is bad people panic and the shelves empty which I find hilarious since we have not had a storm that would keep people from the stores in...forever

We get a lot of snow. Whenever the forecast is bad people panic and the shelves empty which I find hilarious since we have not had a storm that would keep people from the stores in...forever

Here in the DC Metro area, the local news gears up for a millimeter by millimeter update on the snowfall. They have segments about what emergency supplies you need in your car: flares, extra clothes, food and water, a blanket, etc. I always figure that if I'm ever stranded in my car around here, I'll just get out and walk 300 yards to the nearest 7-11 and have a Big Bite and a YooHoo while I wait for rescue.

Here in the DC Metro area, the local news gears up for a millimeter by millimeter update on the snowfall. They have segments about what emergency supplies you need in your car: flares, extra clothes, food and water, a blanket, etc. I always figure that if I'm ever stranded in my car around here, I'll just get out and walk 300 yards to the nearest 7-11 and have a Big Bite and a YooHoo while I wait for rescue.

I lived a lot of my life in a very rural location in northern wisconsin. Our mailbox was two miles from our house... when we got snowed in it could be problematic getting to the stores...except we had a plow truck so if we needed to get out, we did. It's the city folk that panic that make me laugh

I've been gathering junk all day for a trip to the dump. I'm going to need a bigger truck.

If you pile it in the right place, will it just wash away?

Because of the rain? We didn't really get much here. It was just a run of the mill fall storm.

And the MoCo dump is a thing to behold. A place for everything and everything has a place. Lots of strapping young men there to help off-load and make sure it all goes in the proper waste stream.

I'm working on unloading the manse in anticipation of a change of locale.

Because of the rain? We didn't really get much here. It was just a run of the mill fall storm.

And the MoCo dump is a thing to behold. A place for everything and everything has a place. Lots of strapping young men there to help off-load and make sure it all goes in the proper waste stream.

I'm working on unloading the manse in anticipation of a change of locale.

I hear there's a nice blue tarp prepper shelter for sale.

My kids are drawn into cooperation only to tell me how much they dislike him. They broke my heart.

whether I agree with their verdict or not, this is their home and it should be their refuge.

whether I agree with their verdict or not, this is their home and it should be their refuge.

It's not a "verdict", it's just their reaction.

I'd say keep him out of their sight and lives for 6 months.

If he lasts that long.

My kids are drawn into cooperation only to tell me how much they dislike him. They broke my heart.

:rose:

under 18, and i think it's good to listen and hear them out. could be jealousy or selfishness. could be a valid reason. over 18 and they aren't paying rent, it's time for mom to live her life. my cousins ruined every relationship my uncle had when they were younger and even in college. my mom finally chewed them out for their sabotage. he has finally been able to settle down with someone he is madly in love with, and his family let her in. it took a long time for that to happen.

Neci is right. Listen carefully to their reasons. It could be jealousy, selfishness or a hundred other things. I don't know if their dad is in their life but it might be as simple as they're afraid that he wants to replace him? Or maybe no one is ever good enough for their mom. I was in a dating situation where a partner's child was mad because he thought it meant his parents would never get back together, even though the mom was married to someone else and had a baby by them. They aren't big on logic. If you can get to the reasons for their dislike, you might be able to find away to address their concerns and keep your relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back