Where is my Captain America?

Marajade_

Experienced
Joined
Jan 14, 2019
Posts
46
Chapter One


****
You gasped for air and rolled to your side. Aching for air, you attempted to crawl toward the one source of light. It was hard to breathe while smoke and ash filled the air. Your ears were ringing from the artillery blasts and your vision was blurred from the impact. You cough and grasp at the air in front of you. The last thing you remember is seeing a red and gold metal hand reaching towards you. “Eve!”
****

It had been a few weeks since the attack on New York. The red and gold hand belonged to Aunt Pepper’s boyfriend, Tony Stark aka Iron Man. When the aliens started pouring from a huge hole in the sky, you had the sense to stop your Music Appreciation lecture at NYU and make everyone head for the lowest level. Unfortunately, the music building took a huge hit and just as you were running down the last flight of stairs, a large chunk of the ceiling collapsed, bringing down five baby grand pianos right onto your head. The only reason you survived was a piece of the east wall wedged between the stairwell and the south wall creating a cave for you to lay unconscious for the next four hours. That, and Aunt Pepper calling Tony to tell him where you’d last been seen.

A generous donation from the Stark Cooperation had begun the rebuilding efforts on the NYU music department, but your PhD was temporarily on hold. The fact that your apartment was also laying in ruins didn’t help to cheer you up. At least Aunt Pepper was close. She wasn’t your actual Aunt; not by blood at least. Pepper and your older sister, Layla, were best friends in high school and college. Layla studied literature and history and went on to earn her PhD in Ancient Norse Theology and Linguistics. You frown thinking about her funeral two years earlier. You had called her to tell her about your acceptance to the PhD program at NYU but she had been talking non stop about a discovery she’d made while on vacation. Layla never mentioned what it was, but three days later she was reported missing by her colleagues. Her body was never found and the case was still open.

The late summer sun was slowly heating the streets of Manhattan. Even at 8am
The sweat was starting to pool in your sports bra. There were days when you cursed the naturally big breasts that ran in your family...especially when you tried to run. Despite your frustration, you feel a sense of calm as you turn off the overcrowded sidewalks and into the lobby of Stark Tower. You breeze past the security desk and turn towards the elevator on the far right. You place your palm against the panel next to the door and the extra thick door slide open.

“Eve!” Pepper exclaims, looking up from her futuristic phone like device. “I’m glad I ran into you. Come on, I’ll ride up with you.”

“Hi Aunt Pep, what’s going on?” You pull the ear phones out of your ears and shoot her a quizzical look.

“The Gala is Saturday night and Renee Fleming had to cancel. We need you to fill in.”

After a moment of silence, you look at Pepper. She was dead serious. You cough out a laugh before saying “No!”

“Please! Her rep called just a few minutes ago and said she has a terrible cold and is on vocal rest for two weeks. We have an orchestra lined up too, so you’ll only need to do a few songs.” Pepper talked so fast you could hardly understand her. Sure, you’d performed plenty of times but never in place of THE Renee Fleming. That would be like asking your neighborhood garage band to fill in for Aerosmith. Shaking your head you plead with her.

“Aunt Pepper, you know I’d do anything for you, but seriously? Who wants to hear me sing in place of a Met Opera diva?”

“Come on Eve, you’re wonderful! Tony agrees it’s perfect. You’ll be our poster child for the benefit!”

Before you could even answer her, the elevator slowed and the door slid open. Pepper was making her way out and already on another call. “You’ll need a gown!” She shouted over her shoulder. “Go to Bergdorf and ask for Jenny. I’ll tell her you’ll be there by ten. Put it on Tony’s account.” Then, in a dizzying second the door slid shut and your mouth is left hanging open.

“Well shit!” You stomp your feet and hit the button for the residence floor. It was going to be a long day. As you wiped your face and neck with the sleeve of your jacket, the doors opened again. In a whirl of frustration and post workout adrenaline, you rush out and slam into a solid brick wall.

Not literally. It was Steve Rogers aka Captain America. You’d been introduced to all the Avengers when Pepper and Tony gave you a tour of the place. Thor was back in Askguard,Clint was never there, Natasha was kind but reserved, Dr. Banner was always in the labs, and Captain America was usually in the gym or reading a book in the lounge. When you met him, his warm handshake and genuine smile made your breath catch. You had to cross your arms to cover up your nipples that hardened the second he touched your hand. He was only one close to your age...at least you thought. The whole frozen in ice situation threw things off.

“Oh! Sorry!” He apologized as though you weren’t the one slamming into people while slathered in sweat and looking like death warmed over. You peek up at him and realize your hands are on his rock solid pecs making your cleavage very noticeable from his angle. So, you back up and side step to avoid further embarrassment.

“No, I’m sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going. I’m in such a rush.” You tuck a stray blonde hair behind your ear.

“I heard. Pepper is giving you orders too?”

“Yeah, she wants me to sing at the gala and I guess that means I need a gown. The aliens blew up all my evening wear.” Your lame attempt at a joke as you back away from the first avenger. Surprisingly, Steve laughed and with that killed smile said
“Me too. Pepper has me going to Bergdorf at ten, too. I had to have a custom tux made and they need me for the final fitting. We could walk over there together and keep each other company.” Stunned, you manage to say: “Uh, sure. Let me grab a shower and some coffee.”

“I think there is a Starbucks on the way. We could grab one there. Meet in the lobby at 9?” He said checking his watch and holding open the elevator door.

“Uh, yeah. Ok. See you then.” He smiled as the door closed and you are left totally baffled.

Chapter 2

After a quick shower and blow dry, you’d fixed your hair and put on some makeup. It was 8:55 and you’re still standing in a bra and panties in front of your closet. A pile of discarded outfits laid on the bed. Fuck if, you thought. Sure, he was ridiculously handsome and made you wet with just a smile, but this wasn’t a date! He is just being nice. You throw on a pair of summer wedges, cropped boyfriend jeans, and a trendy light pink tank top. The color flattered your skin tone and you felt confident in your favorite shoes, not to mention the new bra you bought last week made your boobs look amazing!

Steve was waiting for you in the lobby. Jeans, T-shirt, baseball cap, and sunglasses. Bless his heart, he tried to disguise himself in public, but let’s face it, every female and gay guy in a 3 block radius could pick that ass and those biceps out of a line up.

“Hey!” He smiled and straightened up from his leaning posture against the security desk. “Ready?” You both head towards the door and turn onto the busy sidewalk.

His strides are long and purposeful, so you practically have to skip to keep up. Every woman (and some men) seem to burn holes into his jean with their stares. “Thanks for coming with me, I know it must be hard getting out of the office.” You break the silence as you take a huge step forward to match his stride.

He laughed and slows his gait, “I should be thanking you! Pepper has been on my back to get this done and I waited until the last minute, of course.” You both pause at the crosswalk and wait for the crossing light. “So you’re going to perform Saturday night?” He asked, looking down at you. It’s not like you’re short, 5’10”! But his 6’2” frame seems to dwarf you.

“Yes. I can’t believe it. I need to coordinate my rehearsal with the pianist. I have to pick some arias too.” Just like magic, your phone dings: Rehearsal tonight 6pm. You can use the piano in the lounge. Tomorrow 12pm at the venue. Be ready by 6pm.

“Speak of the devil...” You curse Pepper in your head. However, this could be a real opportunity for you! Plus, you’re getting some one on one time with Steve.

“Green light.” He says and places a hand on your back pressing you forwards. The sensation of his arm against you makes your spine tingle and you indulge in a brief flicker of a fantasy. His lips against yours, sheets tangled, your nails along his back.

“What’s your drink?” Steve asks, ripping you back to the muggy Manhattan concrete jungle. The Starbucks was just up the block.

“Grande iced Americano with a splash of cream.”

“I figured you for a frothy, complicated, caramel type of girl.”

“No, I like it simple and a little sweet.” You realize the last bit of that sentence nice oozed sexual innuendo, and blush as you both enter the building. Steve either missed the whole thing, or was ignoring it. “I’ll get it! I have a free drink reward.” You hurriedly pull out your phone and open the app. “What will it be, Cap?”

He looked right into your eyes and without missing a beat: “Simple and a little sweet sounds pretty good.” You could have ripped off your clothes right then, but the barista interrupted you.

Since there was still time before your appointment, you both took a spot on a bench near a small grassy area that Non-New Yorkers wouldn’t consider a park. It had a tree, a bench and a little iron fence. In Manhattan, that was enough to be called a park. You both sipped your drinks. Steve looked ridiculous drinking from the Starbucks cup. He seemed like he’d be better suited to a giant jug of water or stein of beer.

“How’s the drink?” You ask.

“I actually really like it. Usually I drink just plain black hot coffee...but I could get used to this.”

“It’s refreshing, isn’t it?” You slowly and not so unconsciously wrap your lips around the straw before taking a sip. Steve nodded and finished his drink quickly. He glanced at his wrist and said

“We better go.” He stood up and reached out for your hand. Was it out of instinct? Chivalry? It didn’t matter, you took it. Despite the Ice cold beverage he has just been holding, his flesh was hot. Literally. He ran warmer than most people, which caused you to flush and a little bead of sweat dropped down your back. He dropped your hand once you stood up and reached for your now empty cup. “I’ll take that.” He tossed the cups into a nearby recycling bin and you headed down the street to Bergdorf.

The cold AC blasts you both when he pulls open the huge glass door. The smell of expensive colognes and perfumes and real leather wafts over you. You see the formal wear department and take a deep breath. Steve does the same thing.

“I take it you’re more comfortable in jeans than a tux?”

Steve laughs and says “Yeah, I think Tony is the only one who really enjoys this stuff. What about you? I thought all women liked to dress up!”

“It’s ok, but it’s more the performance that I’ll be doing in said gown that makes me uneasy.”

“Hey! Pepper would never ask you to do it if she didn’t think you were going to succeed.”

You sigh and nod as you both head towards formal wear. A woman in a snug black skirt and crisp white shirt saw them. Clearly she knew Steve from her purposeful pace and outstretched hand.

“Mr. Rogers! So glad to see you again. I assume you’re here to see Felix for your final fitting? And this must be Eve, I’m Jenny.” She turned her attention to you. “Pepper filled me in. I pulled a few things that I think would work.” She was already turned on her heel and off into a sea of racks covered in tulle and silk.

“Good Luck!” Steve waved as you began to follower her. He headed in the direction of headless mannequins in suits and tuxedos.

You find Jenny in front of a rolling rack bursting with fabric. She pulls it over towards a large three sided mirror, pedestal, and what looked to be a spacious dressing room. “Mmmm....” She mused, eyeing you up and down, like a show poodle. Then she quickly turned and removed a champagne colored gown from the rack. It dripped in beading and looked to weigh at least 50 pounds. “I think we should try this one first. Just indulge me.” Obviously she could see the skepticism in your face. Jenny ushered you into the dressing room and hung the gown on the wall. “I’ll be right here to help.”

It was heavy. It was tight. It washed you out. You obliged her by letting her zip you up and see you stand in front of the mirrors and lights. You both made a face. Jenny quickly unzipped you and handed you a deep red dress that looked like a blood soaked cupcake.

It was also a flop.

You tried on a few more dresses and some were not too bad. Jenny tried to get you into a hot pink jumpsuit (apparently it was “so in fashion”) but you put your foot down.
“I know we’ll find something for you! You’re gorgeous and I have great taste. Damn! We need a drink.” Jenny blurted out. She hustled over to a phone on a desk and 5 min later a bottle of champagne arrived. “Pepper and I always sip a little bubbly when we can’t decide on an outfit.”

You gladly accept the hooch and take a slow sip. Jenny had graciously provided a silk robe to wear between gowns. That, and a corset like contraption that made your waistline at least 3 inches smaller and your boobs pop right up like you’d had an instant lift! She drifted off to find another couple of dresses and you finished your glass. You poured another and by the time Jenny returned, you’d almost finished that glass too. She handed you a few dresses and gasped,”Oh my God. Shoes!” She dashed to the phone again and before you could even zip up the next dress, 5 boxes of high heels had appeared.

“I knew it!” Jenny shrieked as she zipped you up. The dress fit like a glove. Strapless, midnight blue with a mermaid skirt. The top part was intricately folded and stitched and it looked almost like armor. Jenny pulled a box of shoes and had you step into a pair of silver strappy heels. You couldn’t believe it, this was totally a Cinderella moment. You gapped at yourself in the mirror, pulling up your hair and imagining it expertly pinned into a delicate bun. A voice from behind startled you, “Wow, you look stunning.” Maybe it was the champagne on an empty stomach, or the reflection of Steve in the mirror, but you felt instantly dizzy. You turned around quickly and practically fell off the pedestal where Jenny was taking final measurements for the hem. Once again you find yourself pressed against Captain America, but this time in a $3,000 gown. His large hands grasp your waist and keep you from actually falling, but instinctively you placed your hands outward and your palms melt against the warm steel like pecs of Captain Steve Rodgers.
“I didn’t mean to scare you!” Steve said as he lifts you the rest of the way off the platform. Jenny sighed a sound of relief as she inspected the dress.
“No damage!”
 
Steve had dreaded this day, he dreaded any day of pomp and circumstance and this was only the preparation for an evening of pomp and circumstance. In a week moment, he had allowed Pepper to cajole him into attending, even somehow managed to get him to Bergdorf's and do an initial fitting. He had frowned as the tailor took an inordinate amount of time to measure him. The neck, shoulders and arms had been bad enough but as his hands began to measure up the inseam, and uncomfortably linger and rub on the large flaccid organ that ran halfway down his right thigh, that was enough. "Listen dude, I am not that guy, trust me." And with that the session promptly ended, but today he had to go back and meet with Mr. Wandering Hands.

He was pleased to run into Eve, the old saying "misery loves company" could play out here, and she was sweet, equally uncomfortable, yet extremely beautiful company. At first blush he had seen her almost like a guy, sweaty, uneasy, this would be helpful to have company. However, the woman that showed up at the counter, was, well...a babe! He instantly regretted the invitation. It had been years, 80 since he had been with a woman or anything closely resembling a date. Of course, this was no date, but it also wasn't shopping with a sweaty buddy

They took off, and suddenly it was natural, both of them clearly uneasy about the night ahead, and both unwilling, even unaware, of how incredibly attractive they each were. He heard the comment about the drink, "Simple and a little sweet sounds pretty good". He knew that definition described them both, so he did flirt, to the extent he was even capable and returned the line. It was really nothing, almost like an exchange between too virginal teenagers trying desparately to test what it felt like to flirt with the opposite sex.

The moment passed, and once they were inside the store, they were quickly separated. Much to Steve's relief, the tailor had done an excellent job and the suit fit like a glove. "Are they really supposed to fit this tight?" The style today was extremely tight, but the look on the tailor's face was all too pleased. Nevertheless, Steve took the suit and headed off to see Eve. However as nice as she had looked in her jeans and pink t-shirt, he turned the corner into the designer fitting area, he blurted out without thinking, she almost took his breath away at the metamorphosis, “Wow, you look stunning.”

Suddenly she was spinning and falling, he was grabbing and catching, and she was grasping, and he was holding her. This was not a normal Captain America save, this had a lot of Steve Rogers, and his awkwardness with almost any woman. He felt guilty and awkward, “I didn’t mean to scare you!” That was the truth, the other truth was he hadn't let go yet, and found himself staring. This was different...he didn't know why or how...but this was just...so different.
 
Eve slid down from Steve’s arms and caught her breathe.
Jenny bustled around, hanging dresses back up onto the racks and gathering shoes into boxes. “Steve, can you get her zipper started? I’ll be right back!” Before either could protest, she was gone and lost amongst the rows of gowns.
Eve turned slightly and pulled her hair out of the way, “I’d do it myself but I cant reach.”
“It’s no problem. But I’ve never been good with these things...” Steve laughed.
She exhaled and held the thick fabric against her chest. Suddenly his warm hand was against her back and she felt his large fingers find the clasp and zipper. Slower than necessary, he pulled down the zipper, exposing her back.
“I think I can get the rest.” Eve said with a slight rasp in her voice. “I’ll be right out!” She held the gown up and rushed to the fitting room. She felt as though his fingers had burned into her flesh and now her chest was red too. Get a hold of yourself Eve! she thought to herself.
After handing the gown over to Jenny with sincere gratitude and some cheek kisses and hugs, she was finally free.
“Where to now?” Steve asked her. She was caught off guard, thinking they were heading back to Stark Tower.
 
“Steve, can you get her zipper started? I’ll be right back!”

And she was off, she must be joking. Steve made a single step in Eve's direction, she couldn't be comforable with...suddenly she was slowly turning her back to his, “I’d do it myself but I cant reach.” Welp, that answered that. Steve was a superhero, a fantasy of nearly every woman, and an uncomfortable number of men, and perhaps one of the least experienced men in the world when it came to women, any aspect of them, any interaction, other than saving damsels in various states of distress. He had loved one woman and the had a total of one night together, and a few incredible dances that he would never forget.

Those memories were dancing in his head as he reached to hold the back of her dress, to give it tension and steady his none to steady stance. He had faced barrages of bullets and attacking aliens with no where near the dread and fear he felt at this moment. Of course it wasn't just fear, it was also interest, a disconcerting, but enjoyable tingle shooting through his body as his flesh touched hers. 'Oh God did I just shock her, she didn't wince, or did she just do that to me?'

Okay, it wasn't so much a shock as a tingle, a most enjoyable tingle...straight from his fingertips to his thoroughly underutilized cock. 'Well that was kind of nice' His smile broadened, and then he slapped himself awake. How long had he been holding this zipper? C'mon Cap, get the job done. He slowly unzipped the zipper, careful beyond reason to insure he did not catch her skin. He watched as her back became more and more exposed, realizing he would enjoy seeing more. His little enjoyment was shattered with a single comment, “I think I can get the rest.” He jerked his hands away, had he been inappropriate, he felt guilty and embarrassed as he watched her rush off.

He was still embarrassed and flustered, not Captain America, but like the little weaking nerd he was in his youth. He didn't know what to say, he felt the world spinning a bit, he was SO not used to this type of interaction and banter with a woman. He almost blurted it out, "Where to now?" Oh God, had he just...asked her to do something with him...she who he had just offended and made run off due to his clumsy ineptitude...."It is warm...perhaps would you like to get some ice cream?" Was he blushing as he said it, please God, he hoped he wasn't blushing...
 
(Eve with be called Anna from now on.)
As soon as the words “ice cream” left Steve’s lips, his phone buzzed and pinged; alerting him to a text. You watch him furrow his brow as he read the text. It made you smile on the inside watching this “man out of time” hold this tiny smartphone in his large hands. Hands that could crush bones and yet looked so awkward grasping technology. He held the phone in his left hand and typed with his right pointer finger. A small giggle slipped from your lips.
Steve looked up. “What?” His brow still wrinkled.
“Sorry! Nothing....I mean the way you text. It’s...ummm...adorable.” Steve looked down at his hands.
“Oh, yeah. I know it’s odd. But my thumbs don’t work like that!” he said with a half smile and shoulder shrug.
This made you blush slightly thinking how is thumbs could work...on your body. Quickly, you drag yourself back to the present.
“Tony needs me back at HQ.” He said with a sudden melancholy in his voice. He raised a hand to hail a cab he added “Apparently it just can’t wait.”

After a very short ride back to Stark Tower, you’re met by Natasha in the elevator.
“Anna, nice to see you.” Natasha says with a quick smile. She turns to Steve and says “Dr. Banner needs to talk with you. Oh, and Thor is back.” You hadn’t met him yet. Thor, God of Thunder, and incredibly hot. But he wasn’t your type. Huge muscles and handsome, sure, but a God? No. Too much for your

The door slid open to your floor. Steve held it open for you as you turned. “Thanks for going with me Steve. I had a much better time than I expected.” You smiles and waved as you stepped back.
“Yeah, me too.” Steve said. The doors began to slide closed but suddenly a hand appeared. “Anna! Do you mind if I watch your rehearsal tonight?” Natasha’s face was bemused and she looked as though she could read my every thought.
“Of course. 6pm in the lounge, ok?”
He smiled a goofy grin that made your knees week and then the doors shut.
You head to your room and collapse on the bed. Does he like you? Is he just being nice? Your thoughts drift off to your upcoming rehearsal. You slide off the bed and sift through sheet music, humming and reciting lyrics.
 
Steve, had been disappointed to get the message from Tony, but he went back as requested. He was thinking about the day and how much they enjoyed their brief time together. Once back, he was about to walk away, and let the elevator close behind him. No, he thought, I want to see her a bit more, so he stuck his hand in the door, “Anna! Do you mind if I watch your rehearsal tonight?”

He saw the look on Natasha's face, but he ignored it. He didn't know exactly what he was thinking or if this might even be a date, he hadn't had one in decades. But he just knew he had something to look forward to, and he did.

Even Tony noticed the upbeat mood of Cap, "What in the hell got into you? Pepper said she forced you to go try on your monkey suit, and I thought you would be pissed, but instead you are humming and smiling around her like a schoolboy". Cap paid him no mind, he just did the work they needed to do. He spoke with Banner, and they discussed some concerns Banner was feeling, premeditating potential danger. Cap sensed none of that, but perhaps he was distracted.

Finally it was almost 6, "Okay guys, gotta go" and before anyone could raise an objection he hustled out. He was there in the lounge before she was, and he started to think...Is this a date? Well not exactly, but he made 9 PM dinner reservations anyway. Even if it wasn't a date, they could still have dinner, he had enjoyed her company...he had really enjoyed unzipping that dress!
 
Back
Top