Finally A Texan Speaks Out, Impeachment!

Of course the Democrat Senate will never try him, but it's a start:

GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control

Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman threatened Monday afternoon that he would file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama if he institutes gun control measures with an executive order.

Stockman warned that such executive orders would be “unconstitutional” and “infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.”

“I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment,” Stockman said in a statement.

At his press conference Monday, Obama floated the possibility of using executive action to enact policies aimed at reducing gun violence.

The freshman congressman, who served one term in Congress in the mid-1990s, further labeled the possibility “an existential threat to this nation” because, he said, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to allow the people to protect themselves from tyranny.

“Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible,” he added. “Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person — much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court.”

He concluded by claiming that an executive order would be not just “not just an attack on the Constitution,” but also an “attack on Americans.”

“If the president is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist,” he said.



Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/14/g...ecutive-action-for-gun-control/#ixzz2I0G9NjnN


attachment.php


Comshaw
 

Attachments

  • brains are awesome.jpg
    brains are awesome.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 74
Operation Impeach Teh Negar 2013 has been in full swing since last November.

I can see why it has enormous appeal to the sore-loser white trash demographic.
 
Can I just say that "Finally A Texan Speaks Out" is the funniest thing I've read so far this year in a thread title.

It's like declaring: "Finally, Hollywood has put out a movie that's merely mediocre..."
 
The freshman congressman, who served one term in Congress in the mid-1990s, further labeled the possibility “an existential threat to this nation” because, he said, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to allow the people to protect themselves from tyranny.

:rolleyes: Yes, that is known as the "insurrectionary theory" of the Second Amendment. The "militia" is meant to be an arm of the state, Congressman Peachum, not a countervailing force against it. The Constitution expressly does not tolerate insurrection or rebellion. (Definitively decided in the case of Grant v. Lee, opinion rendered at Appomattox Courthouse, Virginia, 1865.) The militia is supposed to put down insurrections, and is at the command of the President.


Article 1, Section 8:
The Congress shall have power To . . .

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;


Article One, Section 9, clause 2:
The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.


Article 2, Clause 1:
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States . . .


Had the Second Amendment been intended to overturn those clear clauses, it would have said so expressly.
 
Last edited:
I think you hear what you want to hear. You two should have paid attention, both of you. Here's what he said:

"But I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president. And where you get a step that has the opportunity to reduce the possibility of gun violence, then I want to go ahead and take it."

Like I said, what authority?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/14/se.01.html

Who knows. Lets wait and see shall we?
 
:)


I did listen to it. I think you've re-interpreted what he said because that's what you want to hear.

He does that quite often. Another one of his favorite little strategeries is substituting the word "all" for "some", "Some Republicans faced long wait times to vote" becomes "All Republicans yada yada".
 
So jf he did go through with a ban, he would be an evil liberal robbing you of your rights. But if he doesn't do it,it's because he doesn't have any balls.

No matter what, the sky is always purple.

You have got to be the most presumptuous sum bitch I ever did run into.....

No he doesn't have the balls because shit canning anything on the bill of rights via executive order is not only stupid but crazy as all fuck, and I don't think Obama is either of those. The only way to ban and take everyone's guns without starting a shit storm of epic proportions would be to go about it with a 100% by the book processed through congress and SCOTUS repeal of the 2A, THEN they can and would go for it but that just isn't going to happen. Maybe someday...but not today.

Which is why he did what he did, put a comity together to come up with what they think would be some effective measures to reduce gun violence, go democracy. And why I said this republican twat is just a windbag, he's the FNG trying to piss on his fire hydrant to make the sister fucking hillbillies back in TX all dreamy eyed for him, nothing more.

I just hope they cut the bullshit with these half ass'ed ineffective chicken shit laws like gun free zones and assault weapons ban's....every one of them has failed horribly, but I'm not holding my breath the forecast calls for a 99% chance of it raining horse shit nation wide.
 
And why I said this republican twat is just a windbag, he's the FNG trying to piss on his fire hydrant to make the sister fucking hillbillies back in TX all dreamy eyed for him, nothing more.

Nitpick: Not many hills in Texas.
 
I know it may seem hard to believe, but not all Texans are hillbillies.
 
Back
Top