Any female gamers/geeks out there?

Oh yeah, this thread is awesome! I'm a real gamer and almost have no other hobbies. My female friends hate my birthdays because they never know what to get me XD

I have all consoles and portables (going from nintendo 64 to ps4) except for the Wii U and the Xbox One. Sony fangirl here so I will only get the Xbone if it's cheap. I love the Wii and plan to get a Wii U because it's the console that my female friends will play games with me on (Mario et cetera). I remember I made twelve of them take turns at playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3. Greatest time I ever had and they were enthusiastically hacking away against giant slimy worms.

I love (J)RPGs and adventure games the most: Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest. The only shooters I like are Borderlands and Killzone (dutch yay). I love tactical games like Fire Emblem. Pokémon stays my favorite game of all time, damn I want a cute pikachu tatoo on my butt, kidding. I hate horror games... I'm a real scaredy-cat and somehow my male friends want me to play that shit (like silent hill).. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have so many more games to mention but I'll end with creative ones like Little Big Planet, Minecraft, Terraria and Starbound ^^

Oh yeah, this thread is awesome! I'm a real gamer and almost have no other hobbies. My female friends hate my birthdays because they never know what to get me XD

I have all consoles and portables (going from nintendo 64 to ps4) except for the Wii U and the Xbox One. Sony fangirl here so I will only get the Xbone if it's cheap. I love the Wii and plan to get a Wii U because it's the console that my female friends will play games with me on (Mario et cetera). I remember I made twelve of them take turns at playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3. Greatest time I ever had and they were enthusiastically hacking away against giant slimy worms.

I love (J)RPGs and adventure games the most: Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest. The only shooters I like are Borderlands and Killzone (dutch yay). I love tactical games like Fire Emblem. Pokémon stays my favorite game of all time, damn I want a cute pikachu tatoo on my butt, kidding. I hate horror games... I'm a real scaredy-cat and somehow my male friends want me to play that shit (like silent hill).. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have so many more games to mention but I'll end with creative ones like Little Big Planet, Minecraft, Terraria and Starbound ^^

*high five* for Dragon Quest!

Oh I forgot! I play FIFA at work everyday and I beat my Boss his ass with it hihi ^^

Oh I forgot! I play FIFA at work everyday and I beat my Boss his ass with it hihi ^^

I prefer cooperative play. I assist my employees in Monster Hunter often. They call me a cool boss.:)

Anarchy Online. I dont think that other one existed 13 years ago?

Sweet and nope atlantica online is more recent (sort of). Played Anarchy online for quite a bit. Though never got to max out my toons. Enforcer was around 140, soldier was around 130 and keeper around 110.

omg you guys get to play games at work?! hire me! lol

Lol, yup I do play/fool around browser games at work....sigh now if only BB got their act together and stabilize the servers properly.

We hijacked some guy's thread didnt we.....

Last edited:
Not a fan of console games (damm controllers are distracting) but PC games oh yes. Lean heavily towards rts and tbs.

I play a few pc games, usually rts and recently swtor. Stick mostly to consoles tho. Just more reliable for me.

Sweet and nope atlantica online is more recent (sort of). Played Anarchy online for quite a bit. Though never got to max out my toons. Enforcer was around 140, soldier was around 130 and keeper around 110.

Took me literally years to max out my fixer, and then some to fully deck her out. In the end, when Xan got out, I could self-cast that highest long HoT, a name eludes me now, I still remember arguing over the forums how impossible that was for soli. Had all ql 300s but eye, full CC, set of best towers, everything the game had to offer at that point. So much time and effort but I had so much fun.

There was that bug in Xan with instance perma spawning mobs that gave you AI xp, I remember how we slept in shifts because somebody had to be up killing them all the time, took days :D

All the games after that felt like kiddie walk in a park. You level up in no time, you kill stuff and get the best loot in no time, nothing like ages of farming, collecting and calculating in AO.
I understand "casual" but there was something ridiculously satisfying in those old hard tedious games :)

Monster Hunter is fun ^^ It's kinda co-op though. I hosted a tournament at work (1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2). Me and my partner won so he had to quit smoking and from then on I was called the FIFA Queen. I also kicked the guy who won 1 vs 1 to the loser bracket first :p

I used to play Bayern Munchen, 5 defenders, 3 midfield defenders: defend like crazy and then counter with Robben and Ribery. Now I just play PSG, Zlatan kick!

i feel like trying an mmo - maybe wow... anyone want to play with me?
anything else easy to learn?

Bleh... WoW...

I hear Wildstar is pretty decent.

I, occasionally, feel like going back to FFXI... but I just don't have the time to devote to it any more...

i feel like trying an mmo - maybe wow... anyone want to play with me?
anything else easy to learn?

You feel like trying yet you pick the pay to play solution?
I would recommend:

LotRO (awesome story if you like Tolkien, easy for starters, decent mature community, very fun mounted combat, f2p for enough levels to see if you like the game and are willing to pay to play it further)

Tera (takes more eye hand coordination and developed reflexes to play but its not so hard and ultimately tons more fun than tab target combat system, amazing graphics, sometimes vicious but straightforward and honest community, naked babes, awesome PvP, f2p)

TSW (top game for horror/mystery/fantasy fans, deep and interesting skills system you can spend hours on developing even out of game, again awesome graphics, class-less system forcing you to adapt and change the way you play your character with every new zone, f2p)

Each of them is graphically prettier, more challenging and more fun to play than WoW.

Last edited:
i didn't think about the monthly paying thing to be honest haha. Good call. I usually just try whatever games by BF plays - he has a wow account but hasn't played in a long time.

i didn't think about the monthly paying thing to be honest haha. Good call. I usually just try whatever games by BF plays - he has a wow account but hasn't played in a long time.

You are a girl?
You would probably like LotRO then, its pretty, easy, and there are really a lot of couples playing that game together. The stories are great, you can immerse in them and even shed a tear now and then. Cosmetics are quite nice too, can play dress up with decent looking armors, almost no nudity. You can even dress up your horse!

Tera is flooded with girls too, most of them play elin priest tho (cutesy), its graphically amazing at its own way but you need a bit better graphic card for it.

TSW skip unless you like to be scared. There is that one quest I love doing over and over again, never ceases to amaze me, I feel like somebody put me right into a horror movie. If you like that kind of thing do ask your BF to give you a hand now and then, can be quite challenging to solo.

I'm enjoying FFXIV again after some time off from it. No one's mentioned it yet though? Do people not like it?

Took me literally years to max out my fixer, and then some to fully deck her out. In the end, when Xan got out, I could self-cast that highest long HoT, a name eludes me now, I still remember arguing over the forums how impossible that was for soli. Had all ql 300s but eye, full CC, set of best towers, everything the game had to offer at that point. So much time and effort but I had so much fun.

There was that bug in Xan with instance perma spawning mobs that gave you AI xp, I remember how we slept in shifts because somebody had to be up killing them all the time, took days :D

All the games after that felt like kiddie walk in a park. You level up in no time, you kill stuff and get the best loot in no time, nothing like ages of farming, collecting and calculating in AO.
I understand "casual" but there was something ridiculously satisfying in those old hard tedious games :)

Arent they. First and only game that didnt feel had to rush to max. level, mini-raids all through the lvling process. Granted AO had LOTS of bugs when launched that didnt get fixed for a long while, that graphics werent all that super awesome. But the effort it takes to figure things out is rewarding. Figuring out talents wasnt that much of an issue but trying to get those ql 300s in or equipping AI weapons, looking around for that 1 more damm point.

Though as usual the grind is the same, hated that part. That continuous and monotonous circle in SL to lvl up, dont remember the 3 area names but remember the circuit lol.

3 faction raids for the beast/hound....inspite of lag fest fun, AI city/zone raids, SL raids. Never played Xan though. The server I was playing on (was on omni side) the SL raids were usually in early morning hours and not a fan of pvp all that much, so stopped playing.

Waiting to see how it would be playing slayer (Tera)....even if the character is elin, most likely will stop after an hour or so. Can only stand for so long playing a female character..feels odd lol.

Last edited:
Arent they. First and only game that didnt feel had to rush to max. level, mini-raids all through the lvling process. Granted AO had LOTS of bugs when launched that didnt get fixed for a long while, that graphics werent all that super awesome. But the effort it takes to figure things out is rewarding. Figuring out talents wasnt that much of an issue but trying to get those ql 300s in or equipping AI weapons, looking around for that 1 more damm point.

Though as usual the grind is the same, hated that part. That continuous and monotonous circle in SL to lvl up, dont remember the 3 area names but remember the circuit lol.

3 faction raids for the beast/hound....inspite of lag fest fun, AI city/zone raids, SL raids. Never played Xan though. The server I was playing on (was on omni side) the SL raids were usually in early morning hours and not a fan of pvp all that much, so stopped playing.

Waiting to see how it would be playing slayer (Tera)....even if the character is elin, most likely will stop after an hour or so. Can only stand for so long playing a female character..feels odd lol.

Bugs are FC trademark. They make some really amazing games but always plagued with bugs. At one point I remember asking Means about the 9 years old bug (was something about Burst or Fling Shot cant remember now) and he admitted they dont have anyone who knows how to fix that anymore.

Grind is grind is grind :D I tend to leave games when they start to feel too grindy. You probably wouldnt like Tera much at endgame if you dont like grind and PvP. The last I played it the entire endgame consisted of running 3 minibosses in single instance, 3-5 minutes, to get 1-5 pieces of Masterwork Alkahest which you needed 14 for single enchantment try. Since the enchantment has like 1 in 50 chance to succeed and you have 3 "stages" of it.... now count how many times you have to kill mentioned 3 minibosses to get something fully enchanted to +12.
I asked once a genuine question about state of Korean mind that makes such games.

Combat is so fun in Tera though I managed to max 5 characters (and even equip pretty decently due to PvP being really fun for me). Only 1 is Elin and that just for giggles, she is a lancer and every her "badass" tanking move made me fall of my chair laughing. Its a bit tedious though because BAMs are really huge, she get lost under them and playing without seeing your char is a bit tricky in Tera.
Frankly, if it wasnt for the grind I would probably still be playing it :)

Bugs are FC trademark. They make some really amazing games but always plagued with bugs. At one point I remember asking Means about the 9 years old bug (was something about Burst or Fling Shot cant remember now) and he admitted they dont have anyone who knows how to fix that anymore.

Grind is grind is grind :D I tend to leave games when they start to feel too grindy. You probably wouldnt like Tera much at endgame if you dont like grind and PvP. The last I played it the entire endgame consisted of running 3 minibosses in single instance, 3-5 minutes, to get 1-5 pieces of Masterwork Alkahest which you needed 14 for single enchantment try. Since the enchantment has like 1 in 50 chance to succeed and you have 3 "stages" of it.... now count how many times you have to kill mentioned 3 minibosses to get something fully enchanted to +12.
I asked once a genuine question about state of Korean mind that makes such games.

Combat is so fun in Tera though I managed to max 5 characters (and even equip pretty decently due to PvP being really fun for me). Only 1 is Elin and that just for giggles, she is a lancer and every her "badass" tanking move made me fall of my chair laughing. Its a bit tedious though because BAMs are really huge, she get lost under them and playing without seeing your char is a bit tricky in Tera.
Frankly, if it wasnt for the grind I would probably still be playing it :)

there is more content now in tera new raids and stuff.

Yeah, I know, I have friends who still play it. But new content is new grind again, even more tedious because you can never sit and relax and say "I am finally done at least for a while" in that game. New gear gets out before anyone who cant play 24/7 managed to collect old one.

Tell me "there is less grind in Tera" and I will come back running. New content, meh.

Heh yup that kind of grind is never fun. Stopped playing my zerker after hitting 50, not really a pvp fan so I know wont continue for long. But yeah combat is sweet in Tera. Will most likely play it again for about half a day or so to see how much fun slayer would be.

Frankly after playing quite a few MMOs seeing end raid content, crafting, farming mats and all that jazz doubt will ever get hooked onto one ever again. Browser rts games, TCGs keep me occupied and give me the fix I need. If feel the urge super strong will simply replay CoH or Civ or Dead space series. None of them get old or repetitive, for me anyway.

Back