Literotica Forum Photo Posting Guidelines Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conformist

To err is human
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Posts
15
Originally posted in AmPics: https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=346199


NOTE: Admin has appended these. 6/29/2015

The gist is this: Please do not upload to our servers (as an attachment or user icon/profile image) any photographic images that
1) contain genital closeups or explicit sex; or
2) do not belong to you. To clarify: no, you cannot upload photos of your erect penis or wet pudenda, and you cannot upload photos that you found on the Internet.

You can post links to images found elsewhere on the Internet. HOWEVER, we reserve the right to warn or ban you if we feel you are
1) spamming/advertising for another site/product/etc. or
2) you repeatedly post linked images which stretch the screen.
We also will remove links to images upon request from copyright holder. If, after we do so, you replace the image, we may ban your account.



This post is just a friendly reminder about the rules for posting images on the Literotica forum. These rules can be found in the Literotica Site Faq. Because of some upcoming changes to U.S. photo recordkeeping laws, we are going to spend more time enforcing these guidelines.

As you all know, the size and activity on this forum makes is impossible to moderate every post/photo. Because of that, we continue to ask that you respect the guidelines and report any violations you find.

Here is a recap of the existing Lit photo guidelines:

*

The Literotica forum offers three different ways that you as a user can display your own images. Because of the massive size and high activity of the Literotica forum, none of these methods are pre-moderated. However, we will remove any images which are brought to our attention that violate our rules or any U.S. laws. The three methods of posting an image on the Lit forum are as follows:

1) Attachments. These are user-owned images which are uploaded to our server by users. All attachments must meet our guidelines or they will be removed if brought to our attention. Any account may be suspended for repeated violations.

2) Remote linking. These are images which are hosted on your server and displayed in your posts. As with attachments, they must always meet our guidelines.

3) Avatars/Profile Pics. These are your images which you can upload to display on your profile page and next to each post you make. As with the others, they are required to follow our guidelines.

The Literotica Forum Photo Guidelines have been created to conform to United States law in regards to content and copyright laws. If you disagree with the policy, please remember to cast your vote in any upcoming election.

Here are the basic Forum Photo Guidelines:

- Legally, we can allow soft nudity, but under current United States law, photographs (does not apply to non-photographic images) posted on this site may not contain "sexually explicit conduct", which the government defines as:

- Actual or simulated:
(A) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;
(B) bestiality;
(C) masturbation;
(D) sadistic or masochistic abuse; or
(E) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person.

- All persons in all adult-themed photographs must be over 18 years of age.
- Image must not contain URL or other advertisement.
- You must have a legal right from the copyright owner to post any images - i.e. photographs/drawings that you yourself created and/or have a license or other permission to post.


If you see any images which violate these guidelines, please report the post and we will review your report. Anyone caught repeatedly violating these guidelines may have their image posting privileges revoked. Literotica may remove any image for any reason without notice, and may periodically purge old images from the forums.

*

Thank you for reading this, and for helping keep Literotica going strong!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Respected Authors,

If you start a thread it should deal specifically with a story you have written, and you are asking for feedback. It doesn't matter what stage the story is in.

I have been getting more and more complaints and have seen more and more threads of just strictly pictures. For any picture thread you wish to start please go to the General Board and remember not to post copyrighted pictures.

I know a question that will come up will be about the Nipples thread. It has a story advertisement in the first post.

Your understanding in this is greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

The Conformist
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top