Handmaid's Tale files

Moar religion in government!

The Extremist Right Religious will not be pushed around by members of the minority communities, LGBT, or women! Jeff Sessions is standing with them.Jeff Session will lie for them!

Kaili Joy Gray
@KailiJoy
·
39m
Also, I would like to point out that Jeff Sessions is a shameless liar: “We’ve seen nuns ordered to buy contraceptives."

Nope. Not true. Never happened. But he said it anyway.


7:56 PM · Jul 30, 2018

The nuns were never ordered to do any such thing. They wanted to opt of providing health care that covered contraception, but they refused to complete the simple form that would allow them to do so.

They rather absurdly insisted that even filling out a form somehow violated their religious beliefs.

(Now, huge multinational corporations are able to weasel out of providing women with sexual health care coverage, birth care, hormone treatments for difficult and life threatening reproductive organ conditions. Thanks to the nuns that took the case to the Supreme court, and the men that decided corporations were"people.")


Department of Health and Human Services announced the creation of the so-called Conscience and Religious Freedom Division. That division seeks to protect the “conscience” of health care providers by allowing them to, for example, deny health care to transgender patients, or turn away women who are seeking birth control or abortion care.



https://shareblue.com/jeff-sessions-religious-liberty-task-force/amp/?__twitter_impression=true



Jeff Session's task force-

It aims to “protect” religious groups from “persecution” by prioritizing the rights of religious people in the DOJ’s policies and legal battles. And by religious people, Sessions really means Christians who don’t like gay people.

In May, President Trump signed an executive order to ensure faith-based groups have “strong advocates in the White House.” And in January, the Department of Health and Human Services created the “Conscience and Religious Freedom Division.”

https://splinternews.com/jeff-sessions-did-another-bad-thing-1827980583

“The event was clearly designed to advance the Trump administration’s twisted and dangerous view of religious freedom, one that uses religion to discriminate and harm others. This event exposed the administration’s real agenda: to preserve the power of Christian fundamentalists.”

-Rachel Laser, president and CEO of Americans United

In a closed door session, nothing was heard from the people who have been denied services or health care because of someone else’s religion.

"Far from seeking to safeguard religious freedom, Trump, Sessions and their allies are hard at work trying to destroy that precious right by favoring the religious views of a select few at the expense of religious freedom for all Americans,” said Laser. “They seek religious freedom for some, not for all.”

https://www.commondreams.org/newswi...liberty-summit-offends-true-meaning-religious

U.S. ATTORNEY GENERAL JEFF SESSIONS SPEAKS AT THE RELIGIOUS LIBERTY SUMMIT AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE JULY 30, 2018 IN WASHINGTON, DC.

Monday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the Justice Department has formed a task force to implement religious liberty guidance it introduced last year. Sessions made the announcement during a “Religious Liberty Summit” at Justice Department headquarters.


The Attorney General standing shoulder-to-shoulder this morning with anti-LGBTQ extremists tells you everything you need to know about what today’s announcement was really all about.”

-Sarah Warbelow,Human Rights Campaign Legal Director

https://thinkprogress.org/jeff-sessions-announces-religious-liberty-task-force-8c264c763081/

Sessions told a crowd attending the Religious Liberty Summit at the Department of Justice headquarters that there was “a dangerous movement” eroding religious liberties.


Jeff Sessions announced that the task force would be co-chaired by Jesse Panuccio, acting associate attorney general, who was a lawyer for supporters of Proposition 8, the California ban on same-sex marriage, and assistant attorney general for DOJ Office of Legal Policy, Beth Williams. Williams has decried “limitless injunctions” and “the dogged determination” with which she said they have “been employed against this President.”

The Department of Health and Human Services recently created a new division within the Office for Civil Rights, called the Division of Conscience and Religious Freedom. This division was created to ensure health care providers don’t have to provide services they object to morally or religiously. Roger Severino, who is in charge of the Office for Civil Rights, once said health care providers shouldn’t have to help transgender people transition.
 
Discontinuing the “Let Girls Learn” program is another slap in the face from the Trump administration to the women of the world since he took office. Just three days after his inauguration and two days after the record-breaking global Women’s Marches, Trump signed an executive order that that bans U.S. aid to overseas non-governmental organizations that provide or advise on abortions.

Last month, on #EqualPayDay, it came to light that Trump had rescinded President Obama’s Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces order, the rolling back of which negatively impacts women in terms of fair pay and harassment suits.


http://www.advocate.com/women/2017/5/01/trump-deals-blow-michelle-obama-all-women

This guy is without conscience, without humanity, and a proven, admitted misogynist. I have never been more frustrated with Republicans who are mostly still pleased with this jackass in chief.

Science fiction was a common medium for Soviet writers to introduce concepts that would get them killed if argued directly. Atwood did the same, here, I think. No other class of oppressed humans are so intimate with their oppressors nor so snared by complexity.
 
Jay Sekulow remains in the picture.

Rudy Giuliani waves his arms and shouts. Giuliani does his duty, and performs a disinformation effort to distract from the Paul Manafort trial in Alexandria, Va.


July 31, 2018

Earlier this month, the judge denied a bid by Manafort to move the case out of Alexandria. The defense had worried voters in Northern Virginia leaned more Democratic than in the western part of the state in 2016, but the Reagan-appointed judge said that was not the standard to assess whether a defendant could receive a fair trial.

"On the basis of the record presented thus far, there is no reason to believe that fair and impartial jurors cannot be found in the Eastern District of Virginia," the judge concluded.

When Yanukovych fled to Russia, Manafort and his business partner Richard Gates experienced a severe cash crunch, and the men allegedly began leveraging real estate to take out new loans, providing false or incomplete profit and loss statements and other data to banks.

Gates has since pleaded guilty and agreed to help prosecutors with their case, as one of the government's star witnesses. That leaves Manafort, 69, facing charges that could keep him behind bars for the rest of his life.

http://www.wbur.org/npr/630865101/m...irst-defendant-in-mueller-probe-to-face-trial

(Rudy) Giuliani was indeed moving the goalposts, arguing that anything short of concrete proof tying Trump to the Russians’ theft of Democratic e-mails wouldn’t amount to anything. But what about his reference to two meetings at Trump Tower ?

Giuliani's basic answer was that he feared the other side—Cohen and his lawyer, Lanny Davis—were trying to get journalists to write about the two meetings, and he was trying to get out ahead of the story. “There are two different meetings, one of which has leaked out, and the other of which has been given to three reporters, and Jay Sekulow and I have been successful, I think, in beating it back,” he said.


If he’s telling the truth, and can provide some backing for his claims, then nothing Giuliani says will make much difference. So why is he out there making an ass of himself, and, by extension, the President, on a regular basis?

Most likely, there are some people in the White House asking this question, too. But don’t expect Giuliani to be silenced anytime soon. Convinced that the special counsel, Robert Mueller, will never indict a sitting President, Trump and his closest allies see this whole thing as a political battle that will be decided in the court of public opinion.


https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-is-rudy-giuliani-talking-about

July 31, 2018

Paul Manafort is set to go on trial Tuesday, but it won’t be for conspiring with Russians to help elect President Donald Trump


Mueller also has reason to avoid charging Manafort now with crimes that might involve conspiracy with Russians. (Though “collusion” is not a crime, prosecutors could bring conspiracy charges against Americans involved in disseminating emails or data stolen from Democrats.) Doing so would require Mueller to publicly share evidence for those charges, which would mean exposing information important to his ongoing investigation.

(wow! So many Russians.)

Manafort was ousted from the Trump campaign on August 19, 2016, but he reportedly continued to advise Trump informally through the election and into 2017. In addition, Gates, Manafort’s righthand man, not only retained a senior campaign position, but also was in contact with Kilimnik in the fall of 2016, according to a February 20 court filing by Mueller’s team.


There’s more that connects Manafort to possible Russian collusion. He attended the infamous June 2016 Trump Tower meeting where a Russian emissary was supposed to supply dirt on Hillary Clinton provided by the Russian government.

The meeting recently gained new attention based on a reported claim by President Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, that Trump knew of the meeting beforehand. Manafort also knew of efforts by a Trump campaign aide, George Papadopolous, to arrange contacts between the campaign and the Kremlin, seemingly okaying the outreach in an email that urged using “someone low level in the campaign” to handle contacts with Moscow.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/07/paul-manafort-donald-trump-russia-collusion/



Cohen alleges that he was present, along with several others, when Trump was informed of the Russians' offer by Trump Jr. By Cohen's account, Trump approved going ahead with the meeting with the Russians, according to sources.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/poli...-trump-june-2016-meeting-knowledge/index.html
 
HELL. NO. To Shackling Pregnant Women, JESUS CHRIST.

Earlier this month, BuzzFeed brought us yet another disgusting development in the New Cruelty: Pregnant women in Border Patrol and ICE detention were miscarrying after being shackled, sometimes across their bellies, because that's how the "Pro-Life" Trump adminstration is. In a fairly quick turn-around for legislation following up on an outrage uncovered by the media, Democratic women in both the House and Senate have introduced bills to end the practice. They're going with the classic: HELL. NO.

The BuzzFeed piece is horrific, detailing how women were ignored in detention facilities even as they were clearly miscarrying. Four women described

" their CBP and ICE-contracted jailers as unwilling or unable to respond to medical emergencies, and recounted an incident of physical abuse from CBP officers who knew they were dealing with a pregnant woman. Those descriptions were backed by interviews with five legal aid workers, four medical workers, and two advocates who work with ICE detainees."

:)
 
July 31, 2018

Congress could, if it wanted, outlaw abortion nationwide in one fell swoop.


In the days and weeks following the fall of Roe, countless medical facilities would be shuttered, leaving millions of women with no meaningful access to clinic-based care. It’s also quite probable that women who procured abortions in states that outlawed the procedure would be risking criminal prosecution.

This is a truth that pro-life advocates like to obscure.

Irin Carmon explained in a chilling, thorough Washington Post article last year, it would be impossible to enforce a ban on abortion without prosecuting a huge number of women. That means there is no way to oppose abortion in 2018 without supporting the punishment of women who terminate their pregnancies.

https://slate.com/human-interest/20...ngly-something-a-woman-can-do-to-herself.html


April 28, 2017

If abortions become illegal, here’s how the government will prosecute women who have them


Conservatives say they would punish only doctors. With new medicines, there are none

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...ve-them/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0ae79cfee0c5


Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming each have only one abortion clinic.

May 23, 2017

January, seven states have just one abortion provider left. (An eighth, Arkansas, has only one full-service provider offering both medication and surgical abortions.)

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/paz4bv/last-clinics-seven-states-one-abortion-clinic-left

New medication to end early pregnancy

Mifepristone is so carefully regulated that health care professionals must receive special certification before they can dispense it. A compulsory label warns patients that the drug may only be legally prescribed through this “restricted program.” Misoprostol is not regulated quite as rigorously in the U.S. and, unlike mifepristone, is available in generic form. When prescribed for ulcers, it must include extensive warnings about the dire risk it poses to pregnant women when used off-label without a doctor’s counsel.

If Roe falls, state prosecutors, most of whom are elected, will face pressure to go after anyone who facilitates abortions. Prosecutors have sweeping authority to investigate and intimidate women who might procure, share, or use misoprostol. They have already targeted women hospitalized for illegally induced miscarriages.

https://slate.com/human-interest/20...ngly-something-a-woman-can-do-to-herself.html

The Supreme Court is the final defense against dangerous and unconstitutional attacks on basic rights and freedoms that affect the most important parts of our lives. Kavanaugh is an extreme judge who has the highest number of dissents per year of any judge on the D.C. Circuit. One of those dissents was in the highly-publicized “Jane Doe” case last year where Kavanaugh tried to block an undocumented minor in government custody from exercising her constitutionally protected right to an abortion.

We need a Supreme Court justice who will honor established precedent, including the constitutional right to privacy and Roe v. Wade, and that is not Judge Brett Kavanaugh. We urge Senators to carefully scrutinize Kavanaugh’s record, and vote against this nominee, as he would jeopardize the lives and health of women and families in America.


https://prochoice.org/need-supreme-court-justice-will-honor-established-precedent/
 
Sekulow, an attorney for President Donald Trump, said Sunday that he made a mistake by denying Trump was involved in a misleading statement last year on Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian attorney.

"I had bad information at that time and made a mistake in my statement," Sekulow said on ABC's "This Week."

The question is how would [the meeting] would be illegal," Sekulow said on ABC's "This Week." "You have to look at what laws, rules, regulations, statutes are purportedly violated here."

'"Well, they've actually pointed to several, including conspiracy to defraud the United States," host George Stephanopoulos retorted. "That would be one of the possible charges, aiding and abetting conspiracy."

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...-potential-trump-tower-meeting?rnd=1533477298

ABC's "This Week" — Jay Sekulo

STEPHANOPOULOS: How would that be legal?


SEKULOW: Well, the question is, how would it be illegal? I mean, the real question here is, would a meeting of that nature constitute a violation -- the meeting itself constitute a violation of the law? And what you have is a situation -- and I've said this well over a year.

You have to look at what laws, rules, regulations, statutes are purportedly violated here. And when you really look at this, George, and you look at the comments that the president made this week via Twitter, if you look at the comments that my colleague Mayor Giuliani has stated, they're, in one sense, rather unremarkable in that the idea that this has been going on now for well over a year, let's be honest with the American people, there are irregularities in this investigation, the likes of which we have not seen.

And so when you look at, you know, whether the president was -- I think the phrase you used was frustrated, the fact of the matter is who would not be concerned that the lead investigator on your counterintelligence investigation -- and we now know was going on for well over a year before Robert Mueller was put in place -- was making the statements that he made to Lisa Page showing bias.


How would you not be concerned that Bruce Ohr, the number four at the Department of Justice wife, Nellie Ohr, worked for Fusion GPS, which is the organization that put together with Christopher Steele the dossier. How would you not be concerned that that individual, Bruce Ohr, was still working for the Department of Justice and his wife actually --

working on the dossier.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-18-jay-sekulow-gov-john-kasich/story?id=57041025


Trump first denied Saturday’s reports that he was worried about his son being ensnared by the probe. He then acknowledged that the infamous June 2016 meeting between Trump Jr. (and other top campaign officials) and a Kremlin-linked lawyer was indeed about obtaining dirt on Clinton — only the president insists he didn’t know about the meeting, and that it was still “totally legal” and something that’s “done all the time in politics”:

President Trump’s other claim in his Sunday tweet — that he did not know about the Trump Tower meeting with the Russians — may also be exposed as a lie. Last week, CNN reported that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen has claimed that the president did know about the meeting in advance, and that he was willing to tell the Mueller investigation about it. Cohen has reportedly said he was with Trump when he was told about the meeting — and that the then-candidate gave his approval to proceed.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...es-son-sought-clinton-dirt-from-russians.html
 
All of the women that are supporting Trump, are willing to throw America's women, girls, and female babies under the bus.


Why ?

The Feminist Resistance knows who they are.


Warning Communities About Fake Clinics, One Sidewalk at a Time


August 23, 2018

Armed with chalk, Southwestern Law School students like Haley Pollock are drawing attention to the dangers of crisis pregnancy centers in their community—literally

Crisis Pregnancy Centers (CPC) - What are they ? Liars

CPCs, which are often religiously affiliated and funded by anti-abortion extremists, purposefully mislead and deceive their patients, who are typically seeking out comprehensive health services, with medically inaccurate information in an effort to coerce them out of accessing a full range of services.

CPCs lure in vulnerable patients by opening up in low-income communities and near high schools and community colleges—and sometimes even next-door to real abortion clinics—and publicly advertise using language like “Pregnant? Need Help?” while offering free diapers, pregnancy tests and ultrasounds to get people inside their doors.

Although an individual once called the police on Pollock and her group, she mentioned that the majority of folks are receptive to their messages.

The ruling, Pollock said, “inspires us to work harder, faster, more visibly than we were before.”


http://msmagazine.com/blog/2018/08/23/warning-communities-fake-clinics-one-sidewalk-time/


Supreme Court ruling which gave CPCs further license to manipulate and deceive their patients

June 26, 2018

The Supreme Court Stood with Fake Clinics

The U.S. Supreme Court today pushed forward the goals of the anti-abortion movement in a 5-4 decision declaring California’s Reproductive Freedom, Accountability, Comprehensive Care and Transparency (FACT) Act unconstitutional.

Supreme Court gave CPCs permission to manipulate, deceive and ultimately endanger women—and deny them the full access to reproductive health care that they deserve.


At the heart of the National Institute of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA) v. Becerra case was a California law requiring crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs) to inform pregnant patients that they are unlicensed medical organizations not recognized by the state.

CPCs misleadingly call themselves “women’s’ health clinics,” brazenly outfitting their employees in scrubs or lab coats as medical personnel even though some are staffed and managed by individuals who do not have any medical experience or background.


http://msmagazine.com/blog/2018/06/26/supreme-court-stood-fake-clinics-fight-facts-goes/

Fake" health centers were able to secure their victory thanks to the "stolen seat" inhabited by Justice Neil Gorsuch, noted groups including NARAL Pro-Choice America.

"Five male Supreme Court justices gave crisis pregnancy centers the right to lie to women today," said Heidi Hess, CREDO Action co-director, in a statement. "Rather than affirm women's right to control their bodies and their lives, the Court voted to control women, and to set the stage for even more attacks on our reproductive rights."


After a anti-abortion fanatic murdered women in a Boston medical clinic, it was agreed that there would be a safety barrier around women's clinics.

The Pro-Christian Supreme Court did not give a fuck about dead women, dead doctors, dead pregnant women. They took the barrier away.

https://www.commondreams.org/furthe...-and-haters-and-devout-plastic-fetus-throwers

Aug 21, 2018

Senator Susan Collins of Maine met with Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh


Just 28% of women in the United States support his nomination, according to a new poll. Because women are still so underrepresented in the Senate, Senator Collins represents not only the state of Maine, but the voices of women throughout the United States. She must consider the overwhelming opposition by women to Brett Kavanaugh. We’re calling on Senator Collins to join with women across the country in firmly rejecting the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court of the United States.

http://feminist.org/blog/index.php/...r-susan-collins-meeting-with-brett-kavanaugh/
 
Rolling back protection for students attending university or college

Loans are more predatory than ever, and sexual predators on campus are more free, than ever.

A top federal official in charge of handling complaints about student loans stepped down on Monday, blasting the Trump administration for protecting predatory lenders at the expense of borrowers.

Student Loan Watchdog Quits, Saying Trump administration harming students

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/27/business/cfpb-frotman-student-loans.html

As we approach the one-year anniversary of #MeToo


Education Secretary Betsy Devos wants to protect college campuses from complaints of sexual misconduct, in particular making schools accountable “only for formal complaints filed through proper authorities and for conduct said to have occurred on their campuses.”


Betsy Devos started rolling back laws that protect victims of campus sexual assault almost as soon she took over the Department of Education; most notably, last November, after spending what was surely quality time with several men’s rights activist groups, she rescinded guidelines for colleges put in place by the Obama Administration meant to ease the burden of proof on victims.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/fucking-betsy-devos-is-up-to-her-old-tricks-1828700654


New U.S. Sexual Misconduct Rules Bolster Rights of Accused and Protect Colleges

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos is preparing new rules that will expand protections for students and staff accused of sexual misconduct, including assault, harassment, and rape, while protecting the schools and colleges they attend.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/us/politics/devos-campus-sexual-assault.html


“The proposed rules,” The New York Times reports, “narrow the definition of sexual harassment, holding schools accountable only for formal complaints filed through proper authorities and for conduct said to have occurred on their campuses. They would also establish a higher legal standard to determine whether schools improperly addressed complaints.”


The Education Secretary’s new rules would literally allow an accused rapist to cross examine his or her alleged victim.

These new rules would also allow “victims and their accused perpetrators to request evidence from each other,” The Times adds. “The rules also allow the complainant and the accused to have access to any evidence obtained during the investigation, even if there are no plans to use it to prove the conduct occurred.”

That could lead to very personal information or belongings – say, text messages, photographs, or underwear – being shared with someone accused of sexual misconduct, harassment, or assault.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/be...les-protect-accused-rapists-sexual-harassers/
 
Everyone on the Judiciary Committee understands the deceptive game that he and Republican senators are playing on this subject. And that’s probably why Lindsey Graham felt secure in just making a speech to the galleries. But it seems to have given Brett Kavanaugh an uncomfortable moment, before he remembered the script he will follow until he is safely on the Supreme Court.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...to-get-wary-kavanaugh-to-criticize-roe-v-wade

LINDSEY GRAHAM GRILLS BRETT KAVANAUGH ON VALIDITY OF ROE V. WADE, ARGUES FOUNDING FATHERS NEVER TALKED ABOUT ABORTION



9/6/18




https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-graham-brett-kavanaugh-founding-fathers-never-said-abortion-1109727

Some very pointed questions, this week.
 
September 6, 2018

For most people, who are for most of their lives not pregnant, the difficulty of accessing an abortion when you need it can sometimes come as a surprise. That’s how these things work. It is also a consequence of living in a media, public polling, and political landscape in which the question of reproductive justice often seems to begin and end with a single court case even though abortion laws, in practice, have little to do with the right affirmed in Roe.


https://theslot.jezebel.com/brett-kavanaugh-will-kill-abortion-rights-with-a-smile-1828829832


September 4, 2018

Brett Kavanaugh could have the opportunity to rule on as many as 13 abortion-related cases in his first year on the Supreme Court bench if he’s confirmed following this week's hearings.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/pawjy8/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-confirmation-hearings
 
People protested at the Kavanaugh hearings.


https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/gabrielsanchez/protests-supreme-court-kavanaugh-hearings-photos


They are sounding the alarm.


Senator Kamala Harris asked the second to last question of the night. She asked Kavanaugh if he knew of any laws “that the government has power to make over the male body."


After she finished, the entire room was silent for three seconds, before Kavanaugh replied: “Um … I’m happy to answer a more specific question, but …”

“Male versus female, ” Harris responded curtly. Kavanaugh fumbled a few more moments before Harris repeated the question.

“I’m not aware of any right now, Senator,” Kavanaugh finally responded.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/kamala-harriss-abortion-questions-left-kavanaugh-speechless.html


Wednesday night when Sen. Kamala Harris asked whether Kavanaugh was aware of any laws “that give the government the power to make decisions about the male body.” It was not a legal question. It was simply a way to make concrete what has been happening all week.

Kavanaugh’s response—“I’m not thinking of any right now, senator”—was perfectly truthful.

There are none.

That’s why a roomful of men talking about undue burdens in Planned Parenthood v. Casey isn’t a sporting event for these spectators. When Sen. Lindsey Graham smugly told the nominee on Thursday morning that “the last time I checked, liberty didn’t equate to abortion,” that wasn’t a threat. That was a promise

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...nfirmation-hearing-protesters-roe-v-wade.html

"abortion on demand"

Kavanaugh denied using an anti-abortion “code word” in his ruling in the Garza v. Hargan case, which involved an undocumented teenager in federal custody who wanted an abortion in October 2017. The teen had already received permission from a Texas judge to end her pregnancy.

By forcing the teenager to wait for a sponsor, Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin argued Wednesday, Kavanaugh ignored the fact that she’d already followed Texas law, and pushed her closer to being unable to get an abortion at all.

In his own discussion of the decision, Blumenthal zeroed in on Kavanaugh’s use of the phrase “abortion on demand,” which Blumenthal called “a code word in the anti-choice community.” Blumenthal said Kavanaugh’s words amounted to “a signal to the Federalist Society and the Heritage Foundation,” which helped prepare lists of potential Supreme Court nominees for President Donald Trump. (Trump has promised to only appoint justices who would overturn Roe v.

Kavanaugh was speechless when asked how the government regulates male bodies. Sen. Harris started off her questions about abortion access by asking Kavanaugh on Wednesday, “Do you believe the right to privacy protects a woman’s choice to terminate a pregnancy?”

Then Harris asked Kavanaugh, “Can you think of any laws that give government the power to make decisions about the male body?”

After a pause, Kavanaugh replied, “I’m happy to answer a more specific question.”

“Male versus female,” Harris said.

“There are, um, medical procedures — ”

“That the body has the power to make a decision about man’s body?” Harris asked.

“I thought you were asking about medical procedures that were unique to men,” Kavanaugh asid.

“I will repeat the question. Can you think of any law that gives the government the power to make decisions about the male body?”

“I am not thinking of any right now, Senator.”

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-talk-about-abortion
 
For the 20 years, a system operated under the worst of patriarchal guidelines. Silence was worth money.

Young women stayed silent.

Silence is golden ?
Silence is worth gold.


After the scandal went through the court system, USA Gymnastics, made settlements that had nondisclosure agreements. Break the NDA, and it would result in a fine of $100,000.00


Why did USA Gymnastics revoke a $100,000 fine on gymnast McKayla Maroney ?

International model Chrissy Teigen offered to pay the fine for the gymnast, according to ABC News.

Bad publicity ?


Update: January 17, 9:45 AM. USA Gymnastics responded to Tuesday’s uproar over Maroney’s possible fine, confirming in a statement to USA Today that the organization would not seek any damages should Maroney choose to speak publicly about her ordeal.


https://thinkprogress.org/mckayla-maroney-fine-d37639db4f6e/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/usa-gymna...ayla-maroney-chrissy-teigen/story?id=52400598


September 9, 2018

Sixty Minutes interview

Aly Raisman, Olympic winner- now 24 years old

She won six Olympic medals, three of them gold.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/aly-ra...-medal-gymnast-i-am-a-victim-of-sexual-abuse/


CORRESPONDENT
Jonathan LaPook


Kerry Perry quit her job as CEO of USA Gymnastics This Week

September 4, 2018

Asked what strides USA Gymnastics was making, Perry’s answers were canned and offered little specifics.


There is still a lack of urgency behind addressing how we protect young people from physical and emotional abuse while maintaining the amateur status that allows young people to compete,” Dingell said.


Biles addressed that lack of urgency before the U.S. Championships in Boston last Monday, taking Perry to task when asked if it was time for the head of the organization she competes for to speak up.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e8-8b53-50116768e499_story.html?noredirect=on

SEP 4, 2018

Nine months later, Kerry Perry was forced to resign from her position, after a disastrous reign marked by her refusal to talk to the press, lying to Congress

Misleading statements...

https://thinkprogress.org/usa-gymnastics-president-kerry-perry-resigns-3a789526313f/


What happened to Steve Penny ?


Jun 5, 2018

Former USA Gymnastics CEO Steve Penny invoked his Fifth Amendment right when questioned.

Steve Penny resigned in March 2017


Upon his resignation, Penny received a $1 million severance package, the Wall Street Journal reported in June 2017.



https://www.cbsnews.com/news/aly-ra...-medal-gymnast-i-am-a-victim-of-sexual-abuse/



Christine Brennan

@cbrennansports
As former USA Gymnastics CEO Steve Penny leaves the Senate hearing after pleading the Fifth six times, former gymnast Amy Compton, herself a victim of abuse, yells “Shame!”

4:14 PM - Jun 5, 2018

#MeToo 2017


Fear, Pain, Abuse

Isn't this what caused the scandal ?

Why did nothing change ?

AUG 30, 2018

USA Gymnastics president Kerry Perry finally gave a press conference — her first in her eight months on the job — and filibustered questions with empty platitudes about progress, change, and accountability...


USA Women’s Gymnastics appointed Mary Lee Tracy, the president and head coach of Cincinnati Gymnastics Academy, as its new elite development coordinator.


Tracy been accused of questionable coaching practices in the past — including over-training and under-nourishing her athletes, an accusation eerily similar to the charges leveled against other USAG officials by several Olympic gymnasts...

https://thinkprogress.org/usag-appoints-nassar-defender-da858af6a6d6/
 
The original - Tarana Burke

15 Jan 2018


Alyssa Milano had stumbled on the phrase, unaware of its origins, and urged survivors of sexual aggression to use it. Nor could she know that, in the coming weeks, the Me Too hashtag would be used more than 12 million times, resulting in an extraordinary outpouring of pain, and a handful of high-profile men losing their jobs. All she knew that night was that someone was using her slogan and this wasn’t good. “Social media,” she says, laughing at the understatement, “is not a safe space. I thought: this is going to be a fucking disaster.”


https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/15/me-too-founder-tarana-burke-women-sexual-assault


Alyssa Milano
@Alyssa_Milano

If you’ve been sexually harassed or assaulted write ‘me too’ as a reply to this tweet


4:21 PM · Oct 15, 2017
 
What happened to the Good Ol' Old Men's Club, that kept everything under wraps, and out of the public eye ?

They could not keep this quiet!


September 10, 2018

Sunday, embattled CBS chief Les Moonves resigned from his post, effective immediately—following new assault and harassment claims from six women, which were published in The New Yorker. Meanwhile, a battle has begun to rage, over the former C.E.O.’s severance package, which has been rumored to be as high as $100 million dollars.

According to CBS This Morning, the CBS board has announced that $20 million from Moonves’s severance package will be donated to one or more organizations that support the #MeToo movement, effective immediately. Over the weekend, it was reported that Moonves himself would receive nothing—but it appears things might not be so definitively decided.


https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...bs-this-morning-sexual-misconduct-allegations

Power-tripping arseholes, abusive jerks, and rapists

(Sounds like the offices of the Republican Congress)


September 9, 2018

Leslie Moonves Negotiates His Exit from CBS



September 9, 2018

Six additional women have accused the television executive of sexual misconduct, as the board of the CBS Corporation weighs the terms of his departure


Update: Three hours after the publication of this story, CNN reported that Moonves would step down from his position at CBS. Later the same day, CBS announced that Moonves had left the company and would not receive any of his exit compensation, pending the results of the independent investigation into the allegations. The company named six new members of its board of directors and said it would donate $20 million to organizations that support the #MeToo movement and workplace equality for women. The donation will be deducted from any severance payments that may be due to Moonves.


A number of individuals whom the firms have asked to interview said that they were concerned about the independence of the two firms, given the large amount of legal work they do for CBS. “If you knew how much money these firms were making from the mergers and acquisitions and the business side of CBS, there’s no way you’d think they’re impartial,” one former executive who occupied senior positions on the CBS and Viacom legal teams told me. (No comment!)


https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...women-raise-new-assault-and-harassment-claims
 
Facebook creep, Mark Zuckerberg, knows which side his bread is buttered on. He is backing up the Fascists, just in case the tRump Reich murders Democracy.


"Not fair," cried the Fascists.


Facebook knuckled under to rightwing whining that the organizations it had contracted with to do fact checking -- Snopes, the Poynter Institute's Politifact, and Factcheck.org -- suffered from "liberal bias" because they keep calling out rightwing crazy stuff as lies. So Facebook added the Weekly Goddamn Standard to its panel of fact checkers, even though unlike the other three it has an open ideological agenda. Facebook, in its wisdom, declared this a solution in what one insider insisted was an "effort to appease all sides," because everyone at Facebook is an idiot and will be awarded no points for making us all stupider.


https://www.wonkette.com/to-save-am...gets-fact-checks-from-weekly-fucking-standard



So, Zuckerberg caved, and allowed truth to be murdered by Fascists.


Liberals and Progressives are now censored by Fascists. The Fascists now judge if Liberals and Progressives are being truthful.


Because of fairness, of course.


Over the weekend, ThinkProgress's Ian Millheiser wrote a story explaining how Brett Kavanaugh tacitly admitted during his confirmation hearings that he would almost certainly vote to overturn Roe v Wade.

Weekly Standard ran an article pretending to be a "fact check." How good a fact check was it, really? Pretty fucking bad! It made no mention at all of Millheiser's actual argument, which as we note, involved some subtle decoding of legal logic (and, on Kavanaugh's part, a very false assumption that the "Glucksberg" test is binding in the first place), and instead declared the headline false on the face of it, because after all, Kavanaugh did not literally say "I will overturn Roe." That earned ThinkProgress this badge of dishonor on its Facebook page:


Fasle Rating of Content Shared By ThinkProgress

ThinkProgress has shared content that's been reviewed by The Weekly Standard

(blah, blah, blah, neener, neener, Facebook is kissing tRump's arse)

ThinkProgress removed the post with the disingenuous "false" label and created a new post that linked to the article instead, an awkward workaround at best.



https://thinkprogress.org/brett-kav...-week-and-almost-no-one-noticed-c0e98494b06d/



SEP 9, 2018


Kavanaugh believes that the way to determine whether the Constitution protects a particular unenumerated right is to apply the test the Supreme Court laid out in Glucksberg. And the judge also thinks that “even a first-year law student could tell you” that Roe is inconsistent with Glucksberg.


What is Glucksberg, Precious ?



“Glucksberg” means Washington v. Glucksberg, a 1997 Supreme Court decision holding that the Constitution does not protect a right to physician-assisted suicide. According to Chief Justice Rehnquist’s opinion for the Court in Glucksberg, the question of which unenumerated rights are protected by the Constitution should be answered by asking which rights are “deeply rooted in this Nation’s history and tradition."


We don’t have to guess, however, whether Judge Kavanaugh thinks that a constitutional right to abortion is grounded in this Glucksberg test, because he’s already answered that question. As law professor Jim Oleske points out on Twitter, Kavanaugh said in his 2017 speech to the conservative American Enterprise Institute that “even a first-year law student could tell you that the Glucksberg’s approach to unenumerated rights was not consistent with the approach of the abortion cases such as Roe vs. Wade in 1973, as well as the 1992 decision reaffirming Roe, known as Planned Parenthood vs. Casey.

For what it’s worth, Kavanaugh’s statement that “all roads lead to the Glucksberg test as the test that the Supreme Court has settled on as the proper test” is incorrect. As law professor Jamal Greene first pointed out on Twitter, Glucksberg was “explicitly disavowed in Obergefell,” the Supreme Court’s 2015 marriage equality decision.




https://thinkprogress.org/brett-kav...-week-and-almost-no-one-noticed-c0e98494b06d/



Jamal Greene
@jamalgreene
·
Sep 8
This. Kavanaugh also repeatedly said Glucksberg is the guiding opinion in SDP cases. Glucksberg is not mention in Lawrence (except Scalia's *dissent*) and is explicitly disavowed in Obergefell. He was as clear as anyone gets on this stuff in a modern confirmation hearing

8:46 PM · Sep 8, 2018



Eric Segall
@espinsegall
Kavanaugh explicitly sided with White and only White in Griswold. White went on to dissent in Roe and write Bowers

2:01 PM · Sep 8, 2018


Melissa Murray
@ProfMMurray
If you don't believe the email, just read his decisions

8:55 AM · Sep 8, 2018



Yahoo News
@YahooNews
Susan Collins downplays Kavanaugh email about abortion rights

8:55 AM · Sep 8, 2018


For example, it is one thing to talk about Roe v. Wade as an “important precedent,” as Kavanaugh did in his testimony; it is another to find that it is “not an undue burden” for the government to place barriers in the way of an undocumented teen-ager seeking an abortion, as Kavanaugh wrote in his dissent in Garza v. Hargan. “Undue burden” is a standard, under Planned Parenthood v. Casey, that is supposed to protect women from government restrictions on their right to choose; the fear is that a Court with Kavanaugh on it will come to define “undue” so narrowly that women will lose access to abortion without Roe even being overturned.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dail...-other-distractions-at-the-kavanaugh-hearings
 
"We Can't Stop Here! This is Handmaids country."

*Apologies to Hunter S. Thompson*

WASHINGTON–This was written by NOW President Toni Van Pelt and published on NOW’s official blog, Say it Sister, on September 16, 2018.


The National Organization for Women (NOW) is firm in our demand that Brett Kavanaugh withdraws his name from consideration for a seat on the Supreme Court.


With respect to the recent charges of abuse, it appears that Kavanaugh’s handlers — in anticipation of the allegation — collected endorsements from 65 high school girlfriends including several who knew nothing about the alleged sexual misconduct. More importantly, NOW trusts Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif) and believes that sexual coercion occurred.

We call on every U.S. senator, every pundit, every voter to heed and respect the basic fundamental right to confidentiality that all survivors of domestic and sexual misconduct, harassment, assault, and rape deserve. Feinstein stood up for that principle, respected the request for confidentiality and released the letter to the FBI only after leaks to the press caused a furor. Anyone who condemns her should put themselves in the shoes of the accuser. Yes, she signed that letter sent in July and talked to an attorney who told her the consequences of going public. So, she changed her mind and asked for confidentiality when she was alerted to the reality that: she would be accused of partisan political manipulation, lying, alcoholism, and much more; she will be tortured for details, witnesses, proof and asked why she didn’t reveal these accusations earlier; she was reminded of the lines predators have used “You won’t tell anyone because no one will believe you. They’ll take my word over yours. I will make you sorry you ever opened your mouth. This was a good learning experience for you. I did this because I care about/love you.”


She probably remembered why she hadn’t told earlier. Anita Hill “told” the whole world on national TV and Clarence Thomas was still seated on the Supreme Court. Monica Lewinsky told her friend and Bill Clinton got re-elected. The college wrestlers told, the students at Penn State told, the young women Olympic gymnasts told, the altar boys and seminary students told, female clerks for judges told, actresses and secretaries and hotel maids and construction workers and inmates and many more told and yet few of the predators were held accountable and cover-ups were legion.


https://now.org/blog/kavanaugh-must-no-longer-be-a-nominee-for-the-supreme-court/

https://now.org/say-it-sister/

gsgs comment-

Truth cuts both ways

She took time to decide.

In the end, the accusation would come,
that she suppressed the truth.
When it was she, that put truth on the table.

"Why tell the truth, now," they asked her.

(And her, and her, and her, and her, and her, and her, ad infinitum)
 
The Whore That Tempted Him/him


They did not protect Anita Hill.

1991 Repeat Performance of Sen. Orin Hatch

As if nothing has changed, in 27 years.


The attacks made on Anita Hill's reputation-

She is a liar.

She is making it up.

It is her fantasy.

Her delusions.

Carrie Severino of the conservative Judicial Crisis Network

Carrie Severino, chief counsel and policy director for the Judicial Crisis Network

(No, we will not tell you where are funds come from, or who is paying millions of dollars for ads.)


Carrie Severino, whose group has spent a reported $4.5 million already on the campaign to get Kavanaugh confirmed, said Monday's Senate hearing will be useful "so we can figure out what those allegations are."


https://www.thenewcivilrightsmoveme...rmation-minimizes-sexual-assault-allegations/

"My Little Head is more powerful than My Big Head, that houses what drunken, drugged mush, that is accepted as my brain. I have Roid Rage. So, what ? How do you expect me to keep my position on the (sports) team ?

"So, I raped her. She was stupid enough to trust me. She should STFU. Her reputation will be in shreds. My dad has friends. She will regret it if she talks. Her whole family will pay for her lack of "school spirit."

"Go Team!"



Christianity tells women- It Is Your Fault, No Matter What, But, Christianity tells women they are lesser beings, and males are superior to women. Ingrained in Christian culture, that women that must defer to male authority figures. The rules are that the community will protect the leader. Everyone else will be sacrificed, to the needs of the leader. Buck the pecking order, and she will get hurt.

Right Wing Watch

@RightWingWatch


Mississippi Republican Senate nominee Chris McDaniel tells the AFA's Bryan Fischer that he proudly stands with Brett Kavanaugh: "These allegations, 99 percent of the time, are just absolutely fabricated."

4:43 PM - Sep 17, 2018

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...d-black/221339


Josh Marshall

@joshtpm
Kavanaugh spokesperson/activist says it's not clear that the incident was attempted rape as opposed to just "rough horseplay".

11:35 AM - Sep 18, 2018

Carrie Severino, a lawyer for the Judicial Crisis Network, a top activist group behind Kavanaugh, suggests that despite any permanent damage Ford says she suffered, Ford may have incorrectly registered the alleged incident. According to Severino, what actually happened may have simply been “rough horseplay” between two teenagers.



Judge, a self-described alcoholic, wrote a memoir saying he often drank to the point of blacking out during high school


https://www.motherjones.com/media/20...ugh-horseplay/


He could not rape her, because she was wearing a one piece bathing suit under her clothes, and he was too drunk to pull off her clothes. He was too drunk to notice she could not breathe, when he covered her mouth.

His buddy said stop, then repeatedly jumped on the bed, and jumped on them, during the rape attempt.


Was this the same night that he vomited in someone's car, and passed out ?


Brett Kavanaugh’s character witness Mark Judge has extremely disturbing views about women (and Black and gay people)


Judge wrote that he was “thankful that there was no social media to capture” he and his friends’ antics in high school. Relating a get-together he had with friends from high school, Judge wrote, “When my high school buddies and I got together and exchanged memories of that time, we found ourselves genuinely shocked at the stuff we got away with."


http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2..****-fabricated/



Ryan Goodman

@rgoodlaw
One year after alleged sexual assault, Kavanaugh’s friend and alleged accomplice (Mark Judge) thought it great to associate himself with this quote in their high school yearbook 1983:

"Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs"

(h/t: @riotwomennn)

9:29 PM - Sep 16, 2018

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2...disturbing-views-about-women-and-black/221339
 
Surfing in Shark Infested Waters

Republicans Refuse To Provide Shark Spotters


Republicans are trying to set up the exact same situation for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford—and scare her away from testifying


Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley

Grassley has refused to allow any other witnesses except Ford and Kavanaugh, thus setting up a he said/she said bit of Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas cosplay.


Mitch McConnell is arguing that Dianne Feinstein should have outed a rape victim who came to her in confidence.


In the Anita Hill case, of course, then-Judiciary Chairman Joe Biden choked and declined to allow two other women to appear who would have explained how Thomas had harassed them similarly. This time, it seems, Grassley and the majority side are working to prevent that option even from being available to Dr. Ford and her attorney.


https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...a-hill-christine-blasey-ford-brett-kavanaugh/

Death, Sex, and Videotape


Trump Won't Order FBI To Investigate Kavanaugh: 'They Don't Want To Be Involved'

9/18/2018


Trump also suggested that he would not allow the FBI to vet the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.

“I don’t think the FBI should be involved because they don’t want to be involved,” he insisted.

The FBI is reportedly unable to look into the allegations because the White House has not ordered the agency to do so.



White House sources: FBI is being blocked from vetting Kavanaugh sexual assault claims because Trump won’t order it

September 17, 2018

White House has not given a green light for the FBI to investigate Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations that Kavanaugh groped and assaulted her. The sources said that the FBI can not move forward with an investigation without the permission of the White House.


Democrats Want FBI To Investigate Kavanaugh Allegations. It Likely Won't


September 18, 20181

Democrats are calling for a full FBI investigation of the allegation before a hearing, saying Monday is too soon.

Democrats complained that there was not a thorough FBI investigation of the allegations that took place, and no major witnesses other than Hill and Thomas who were called. Monday's planned hearing seems to be following a similar pattern.

Democrats argue that other witnesses could provide context and verify or refute parts of the stories that either person tells. For example, a friend and neighbor of Blasey Ford's told the San Jose Mercury News that Blasey Ford told her of the incident in 2017 before Kavanaugh was nominated.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/18/6490...estigate-kavanaugh-allegations-it-likely-wont


The Republicans Have Their Letter, with 65 women willing to perjure themselves for the sake of the Republican party


The woman surfing with a pool of sharks, has her very own letter, from supporters that are confident in her testimony.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09...year-before-kavanaugh-nomination-friends-say/

Anita Hill was robbed of her two witnesses, that would have backed up her claims.
 
Trump says the FBI should refrain from further probing his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh

"They don't want to be involved," the president said, according to CNBC. "It's not really their thing."

However, on the FBI's official website, the government agency clearly declares: "'Investigation'" is what we do — gathering facts and evidence to solve and prevent crimes.

Trump and his supporters have accused the so-called "deep state" of improperly surveilling his campaign by keeping tabs on Carter Page, and have claimed that bureau officials like Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page were all biased against him and motivated to pursue an investigation for that reason.

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/18/tr...ng-his-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh/
 
FFS

Does everything that involves (Turnip Head tRump) end as a farce that has tragic repercussions ?

SEPTEMBER 18, 2018


Intercept Report Reveals Senate Ignored Federal Court Employees Willing to Testify Against Kavanaugh


https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/18/intercept_report_reveals_senate_ignored_federal

Just as well, that Kavanaugh's "character witness, Mark Judge will not testify. (He could be charged with perjury.) The letter he has sent, and a scrubbed record from Georgetown Prep will serve Republican purposes.


'What happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep' comment missing from Kavanaugh transcript


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...orgetown-Prep-comment-missing-from-transcript
 
Sexual aggression, sexual harassment, and rape, remain popular jokes among Republican men


South Carolina Congressman makes joke about Supreme Court Justice and sexual assault at debate


Sep 20, 2018


S.C. Congressman Ralph Norman, a Republican up for re-election, told a crowd of people at a debate Thursday in Rock Hill, that Ruth Bader Ginsburg, an associate justice of the Supreme Court, said she had been assaulted by Abraham Lincoln.

https://www.heraldonline.com/latest-news/article218735465.html

A screenshot from a debate between U.S. Rep. Ralph Norman, R-Rock Hill, and Sumter Democrat Archie Parnell on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018. Norman opened with an off-color joke suggesting that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg claimed to have been groped by Abraham Lincoln


“Did y’all hear this latest late-breaking news from the Kavanaugh hearings?” Norman, R-Rock Hill, said at a Kiwanis Club debate. “Ruth Bader Ginsburg came out that she was groped by Abraham Lincoln

https://www.postandcourier.com/poli...cle_aa70b77c-bcf5-11e8-a7c7-ff6a511cd2db.html


What a victory for Republican men! She may be a US Supreme Court Justice, (her 25 years as Supreme Court Justice) but he has crushed Ruth Bader Ginsburg under his heel !


Reduced Justice Ginsburg to someone that was not worthy of respect, consideration, or dignity.

A joke about reducing a woman's self esteem and self assurance. Is Congressman Ralph Norman (R- S.C.) informing us that Notorious RBG did not have the support and protection of a powerful political tribe ?

Is Rep. Palph Norman man-splaining that nothing could force a man reconsider his addiction to stealing a bit of an ego boost, accomplished by degrading a woman ?

Is Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is just another faceless sexual assault victim.?


Was Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg used, to gratify a man's need to demonstrate his sexual aggression ?

It is possible.

Some men are rapists.

She could not have endured a sexual assault attack enacted by President Abraham Lincoln. She was born in 1933. Lincoln was born in 1809. He was 56 years old when he died in 1865. Lincoln was rotting in his grave for 68 years, before she was born.

Ha-ha he made an age joke.

The assassin discharged his Derringer pistol into the back of Lincoln’s head. Major Rathbone tried to tackle Booth down but the assassin overpowered him by slashing his arm with a dagger. Historians, as they are wont to do, bicker over whether Booth yelled “Sic Semper Tyrannis!” (“Thus always to tyrants!”) before or shortly after he shot the president (Aside from the controversy over the timing of Booth’s exclamation, some have claimed he said “The South is Avenged!”, “Revenge for the South!” or even “I have done it!”) We do know that Booth jumped from the box to the stage, caught his spur in the curtain, and may have broken his left shin (another source of contention among historians). He somehow managed to limp away and exit through the stage door, thus initiating one of the most intense manhunts in American history.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/april-15-1865-tragic-last-hours-abraham-lincoln


President Abraham Lincoln could not come back as a Zombie President.

I am very doubtful he would return as a vampire with a sex drive, with those injuries...


:rolleyes:


Is this South Carolina arsehole telling us that President Abraham Lincoln demonstrated to Ruth Bader Ginsburg, that it was possible that he could rape her ? A sexual assault is a threat, a demonstration, that she is weak, powerless, and inferior, unprotected, and alone.


2018

“I’m now 85,” Ginsburg said. “My senior colleague, Justice John Paul Stevens, he stepped down when he was 90, so think I have about at least five more years."

http://time.com/5352530/ruth-bader-ginsburg-five-years-supreme-court/



View image on Twitter

Center for Reproductive Rights

@ReproRights
💪 RBG ALERT🎉 25 years ago today, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice. We need her notorious strength, fearlessness, and guidance now more than ever. Learn more about her record on reproductive rights!


1:27 PM - Aug 10, 2018
 
*shivering from cold feeling*


Sen. Susan Collins, from Maine, will not be marching with women that would like to keep their rights.

https://splinternews.com/heres-how-susan-collins-gets-to-vote-yes-on-kavanaugh-1829279275


Alaska's Sen. Lisa Murkowski's Vote on Brett Kavanaugh Is Looking Tougher Than Ever


A startling incident in her home state brings things into focus—and ramps up the stakes


Does Senator Lisa Murkowski really want to be the vote that helps Brett Kavanaugh to a lifetime seat on the Supreme Court?

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...ki-brett-kavanaugh-vote-alaska-assault-metoo/

Women Do Not Seem To Have Much Value in Anchorage, Alaska



On August of 2017, Justin Schneider, in the middle of the day, offered a ride to a woman. He choked her until she was unconscious and then ejaculated on her. The grand jury called it an "offensive contact with fluids."

Schneider, while choking the victim with both hands, told her he was going to kill her.

"The man told her that he wasn't really going to kill her, that he needed her to believe she was going to die so that he could be sexually fulfilled," APD Detective Brett Sarber wrote.


Mr. Grannik and Mr. Schneider came to a deal and Judge Corey gave it the stamp of approval. Schneider will not serve time in jail.

Schneider has been going to counseling to get over his need to choke a woman half to death in order to get himself off. The judge and DA apparently think that's adequate to put him back on the streets of Anchorage.

Mr. Schneider doesn't have to register as a sex offender. His crime wasn't deemed sexual enough.

The judge and DA absolved Schneider of his crimes.


https://www.adn.com/opinions/2018/0...-attack-plea-deal-gives-a-pretty-good-answer/


Justin Scott Schneider


No immediate time behind bars after approving a plea deal that dismissed the most serious charge against Schneider — kidnapping — and involved a conviction only on second-degree assault.


August 2017, Schneider picked up a 25-year-old woman at a gas station at Spenard Road and Minnesota Drive before parking, choking her, and masturbating over her unconscious body, according to charging documents. She said there was no sex or money involved, and she was just looking for a ride to her boyfriend's in Muldoon.

Schneider "immediately and violently grabbed her neck in a front choke hold with both hands and told her if she screamed, he'd kill her," Anchorage police detective Brett Sarber wrote in a sworn affidavit. "The man kept squeezing her neck harder, and then told her that he was indeed going to kill her."


The kidnapping charge was dismissed because proving it "requires that the victim be 'restrained' or moved against his or her will," the department statement said.


Because the woman willingly got into Schneider's car and drove to the attack location, the criminal charge of kidnapping "could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

The act of ejaculating on an unconscious victim is not a sex crime under Alaska law.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/cri...he-law-in-plea-deal-that-has-outraged-public/

The victim did everything she was expected to do, after Justin Scott Schneider did this to her.
 
I would feel sympathetic towards Republican women, if it were not for the fact that they are selling American women out, for piece of the Republican franchise.


Sexist ? Extremely sexist.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mit...e-blasey-ford-female-assistant-234518408.html



Laurie Garrett

@Laurie_Garrett
Hilarious. The panel of old white men will seem less odious questioning Dr. Ford because a "female staff assistant" will ask the questions.
Let me spell it our for you, @Republicans: C-O-N-D-E-S-C-E-N-D-I-N-G M-E-N




Kamala Harris

@SenKamalaHarris

Dr. Blasey Ford isn’t on trial. This hearing is to determine whether Kavanaugh is qualified to sit on the Supreme Court. By hiring a private attorney to cross-examine Dr. Blasey Ford, Republicans are trying to intimidate her and avoid being held accountable by voters
 
September 27, 2018

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...avanaugh-hearing-republicans-white-male-rage/

CHARLES P. PIERCE WRITES


Brett Kavanaugh's hearing devolved into an exhibition of furious contempt for those who would keep him from what he's entitled

The Hour of Angry White Male Rage had come 'round at last.

What emerged on Thursday was a stunning outburst of wounded privilege and raging contempt for people who would deny him that to which he was entitled.



CHARLES P. PIERCE

Senator Cory Booker pinned him on whether or not he thought Dr. Ford was part of a "calculated and orchestrated political hit," Kavanaugh as much as crawled under the table. He smarmily retreated to the notion that something really bad may have happened to Ford, but that his alleged grinding on her while Mark Judge giggled and turned up the stereo wasn't it.


And "(Democrat's) revenge on behalf of the Clintons"?



“This is a circus,” Kavanaugh said at one point, his voice rising to a pitch. “The consequences will extend long past my nomination. The consequences will be with us for decades. This grotesque and coordinated character assassination will dissuade confident and good people of all political persuasions from serving our country and as we all know in the political system of the United States in the early 2000s, what goes around comes around.”

https://thinkprogress.org/brett-kav...raw-widespread-criticism-online-912c64cfb31f/


CHARLES P. PIERCE

Oh, and that threat right there at the end? The going around and the coming around. He will overturn Roe now, not merely because he thinks it's bad law, but because the circus made him do it. He will have his revenge on all these drones who put him and the kids through this "hell," and it will come from the highest court in the land.


https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...avanaugh-hearing-republicans-white-male-rage/
 
Back
Top