What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll vote in that direction, too, though a lot of folks know I have pretty much the same style, though not as nicely kempt.

In truth, that shot was taken within ten minutes of getting it trimmed. These days I just let it grow out for three weeks at a time and then let a pro do the work that I can't see clearly enough to do anyway.
 
It's the line between good and evil.

Many years ago I made a pact with the very debbil himself. We agreed that he would not take my soul (at which point I'd already profited because I don't actually have one) as long as I ate bread pudding every time I saw it on a restaurant menu. I still have my soul and it takes twelve hours of workout per day to tread water against my bread pudding fetish.

When a man and the Lord of Darkness have an agreement, it's not our business to interfere in the marketplace of eternal economics.

I wonder about these things, though. So anything with bread AFTER the descriptor is a bread: pumpkin, zucchini, etc. Except shortbread, right? What about a scone? Is it a bread, or a dessert?

Also, will the beard affect the sound of your voice when recording?
 
When a man and the Lord of Darkness have an agreement, it's not our business to interfere in the marketplace of eternal economics.

I wonder about these things, though. So anything with bread AFTER the descriptor is a bread: pumpkin, zucchini, etc. Except shortbread, right? What about a scone? Is it a bread, or a dessert?

Also, will the beard affect the sound of your voice when recording?
Short bread is made up of short people. Just don't tell anyone that I told you that secret.

Scones are best suited to guide traffic around construction sites.

To my knowledge, the beard is inaudible.
 
I just made arrangements to go to see an apartment tomorrow. It sounds lovely and the location is just perfect, it's a bit pricey, but something's gotta give. It's not easy to find an apartment here, where cats are allowed.

Now, please, let us have this one... Please.
 
Short bread is made up of short people. Just don't tell anyone that I told you that secret.

I had no idea. The Soylent Green of dessert/breads.


Unless you get the mic too far below your lower lip and the beard brushes against the protection grid (the little wire "cage") or the windsock. The more bristly the beard, the worse the result.

The dessert debate rages: voice actors and shortbeard.
 
Did a "soft launch" of the book and website last night, to family and close friends. Awoke to a full inbox, with tons of congrats and enthusiastic good wishes. :heart:
 
A lazy day and taking a nap. Since this is not something I ever do, I was surprised that I enjoyed it. I guess having a migraine was finally a good thing.
 
il_570xN.jpg
 
Lemonade stand vs. cancer

LA HABRA, Calif. -- When Max Igoe was 5 years old, breast cancer claimed the life of his mother's best friend, 37-year-old Beth Rorman. The little boy found himself expressing his pain with the kind of idea only a kindergartner might conceive: a lemonade stand.

"It's just the first thing that popped into my head," said Max, now 14.

Nicki Igoe, Max's mother, said her son was aware her friend was sick.

"He knew that she had something called cancer," she recalled. Rorman battled the illness for some 10 years.

Max told his mom he would set up a lemonade stand near their La Habra home, and raise money for breast cancer research. Maybe even help them discover a cure.​
I've cut some of the headline, and left the last half of the article out of this post, on purpose. I'd like y'all to click the link in the headline and read what a five-year-old started.
 
I just made arrangements to go to see an apartment tomorrow. It sounds lovely and the location is just perfect, it's a bit pricey, but something's gotta give. It's not easy to find an apartment here, where cats are allowed.

Now, please, let us have this one... Please.

Got my fingers crossed for you :)
 
Oh just rembering the first day of university. REM was playing on my brand new diskman as I walked 45 min across campus. So happy, so naive.

Shiny happy people holding hands..
 
I saw a sticker in the window of a clapped out old truck, "I heart Biters." I thought, hey, a kindred spirit!

Took me a second to realize the sticker was referring to fish.

J
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top