What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finally figured out that sometimes you have to work a little harder to make things happen, and sometimes you have to give up some comfort to make room for some happiness. (K, I know you've been telling me that for a while, but like any stubborn young adult I had to figure it out myself :rose: )

Thanks for your support. :)

No explanations necessary, Wenchie. Take your own journey, your own way, at your own pace. I just put the words out there because others were once kind enough to put them out there for me.

I wish you all you dream of and more! :rose:
 
Shared with me by her, and thus to you, this moving haiku about getting out of bed:

No, no, no, no, no
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
No, no, no, no, no.

Such imagery, such passion! :D
 
The fact that I am not the ‘late one’ to Sunday dinner anymore secondary to my brothers new girl. Cause see, my Ma won’t ever be mad at him for it, and we can all sit down and eat happy ever after.

Also, I threw on this old house dress and a baseball hat and still look good.

Yeah yeah hats off at the table, ya know? :rolleyes: So I am smiling.
 
:rose:You're always welcome, and yes, I too was one who had to find out for myself..and still am.:D






Awww, that is so sweet....and very wonderful for you.:) I remember those moments myself before I moved to the other side of the world so we could wake together.

Catalina:cattail:

*giggles*

No explanations necessary, Wenchie. Take your own journey, your own way, at your own pace. I just put the words out there because others were once kind enough to put them out there for me.

I wish you all you dream of and more! :rose:

You planted seeds to make me think, and I really do apreciate that. It just took some bigger things to happen for me to start sprouting. Namely I got so fed up with being unhappy at work I stopped caring if they fire me. Not for like poor performance or anything like that, but you know, for "failing to manage time properly" (read not willing to work off the clock to complete tasks)
 
When I woke up this morning, the very first thing I saw was one of my daughters hanging out with her mother beside me. She was looking right at me, and when I opened my eyes, she smiled.

You know how sometimes you get those perfect moments?... :heart:
 
24 hours of flying to get to my home airport... walking through the arrivals gate and seeing him standing there waiting to take me home with a big grin on his face. The long hug just past the arrivals gate. The sex when we got home.

And then - GOD - the 10-hour deep sleep!
 
My mates little girl. Her big brother Danny (aged 16) were filling out that wanky 'personal statement' bit of a job application. Now Danny's a lovely lad, proper good laugh, sharp wit, but he was lazy as FUCK at school. Spent all the time messing about and can barely fuckin read and write now (it's a shame really).

Anyway, he's filling out this application, and every two minutes he's looking up going 'Kayleigh, how'd you spell *whatever word*', and she's there sighing deeply as only 7-year-olds can, telling him how. Then eventually she looses patience, looks up and goes 'Danny, you know if the writings too hard you should just draw em a picture :mad:' and stomps off.

Me and my mate were proper breaking ourselves laughing at his face :D
 
Making pretty shapes out of my bruises. Reminds me of making shapes from clouds...ohhh that one looks like an apple :D
 
My own strength in the face of everything. A year ago (or five years ago or ten years ago or twenty years ago) I would not have been able to live through this shitfest with so little damage to my psyche.
 
My mates little girl. Her big brother Danny (aged 16) were filling out that wanky 'personal statement' bit of a job application. Now Danny's a lovely lad, proper good laugh, sharp wit, but he was lazy as FUCK at school. Spent all the time messing about and can barely fuckin read and write now (it's a shame really).

Anyway, he's filling out this application, and every two minutes he's looking up going 'Kayleigh, how'd you spell *whatever word*', and she's there sighing deeply as only 7-year-olds can, telling him how. Then eventually she looses patience, looks up and goes 'Danny, you know if the writings too hard you should just draw em a picture :mad:' and stomps off.

Me and my mate were proper breaking ourselves laughing at his face :D
Kids will always tell you the truth, bless 'em :)
 
The plup

plup

plup

plooka

plup

of meaty raindrops

creaking my timbers

as I pull on my checked shirt

and test the gangplank of this silly list

shuffling in the parlor light while the historic tour guide drones

one more empty-cereal-box town.

Perhaps I will turn left today

and follow a tangled earbud alley

though I know the way.

I won't wander far

but step cautiously

keeping the water on my right.
 
Last edited:
The ice cream stand and the pan cake place are open for the summer again. They're just a short stroll from where I live, in the harbor next to the bike path. They are the greatest thing about May, really. This means summer is right around the corner! :)

On the other hand, now I'll have to adjust my bike routes, because I possibly can't go past them about four times a day and never stop for at least a cup of tea at the pan cake place.
 
Knowing I'm doing what's best for me, and not fearing the consequences.

I'm cute, some one will adopt me if I end up homeless....right?
 
I have so been knee deep in this one too and wobbling a bit. Thank you for sharing this... You are inspiring! :)

So far I'm holding strong, and I've moved from just defending myself to taking offensive moves.

Expecting some back lash, but I have to show the higher-ups that my "lack of performance" isn't for me not trying, but because my work load is significantly more than any one should be, or is expected to do.

(I sent emails out today asking for other managers to come help train our newer ones so that I can have that task lifted off of me and I can focus on my actual job)
 
Finding the perfect something special and beautiful for our newly renovated bedroom...but most of all, listening to the Domly one's happiness after his first day on the new job.:)

Catalina:rose:
 
The company gifts us a new set of lingerie for our birthday each year, and even though the set I really really really wanted was over budget (we have a $200 limit& the set I wanted was just over $300), my boss figured out how to make it work.

White lace netting with silver and pink embroidery.... Happy happy happy!!!
 
The company gifts us a new set of lingerie for our birthday each year, and even though the set I really really really wanted was over budget (we have a $200 limit& the set I wanted was just over $300), my boss figured out how to make it work.

White lace netting with silver and pink embroidery.... Happy happy happy!!!

You know what they say: pics* or it didn't happen. ;)



*Catalog shots need not apply.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top