Why do older men become bi-curious?

My wife is still very interested in sex, but, alas, the medications she takes ruin her ability to orgasm. So no sex for us. I love her, and don't want to have an affair with a woman. Two dudes helping each other out works fine for me. I know it's rationalizing, but, since there's no emotional attachment, I'm okay with the occasional man on man action.
 
I am a 64 y/o mwm and, over the last few years, I have become more and more bi-curious. In email exchanges with other men around my age, I have found that well over half of them are experiencing the same thinh. Is this a common phenomenon?
Having some jack off buddies when I was growing up was a lot of fun not only because I had ejaculations from their hands, I liked making them cum also and marveled at the fact that no two dicks are the same, soft or hard. I had only one instance where I had an erection in my mouth and I did not follow through and really suck it good.
Girls came into my life and the following decades sex for me was all about pussy. As I got older those long ago memories seemed to come to life. I began reading and watching bisexual porn and got up the nerve to start tasting my own sperm.
I liked it - a lot!
The taste, the taboo aspect, and the desire to suck dick grew stronger by the month.
I drank my own semen all the time then (and now) and it is thrilling when I give a guy a blow job and the first blast of warm thick cum shoots from his cock makes me feel wonderful. I absolutely love everything about giving head, licking and kissing balls, swallowing cum, and more.
So my memories led to the curiosity, which led to obsessive desire, which led to craving cock to the absolute NEED TO FULFILL THIS DESIRE.
Age is just a number, and male on male sex is my preference. Giving oral pleasure is the most intimate sexual act a man can give to another man in my opinion. I am now an avid cock sucker and nothing is going to change that.
 
One section of your post may hit on something that separates some of us from others. Your statement, "Giving oral pleasure is the most intimate sexual act...." For me, I have no desire for intimacy. Wonder where the rest of the thread lands on this?

I think taking a man's penis in your mouth IS an intimate act. I won't blow just to blow - I need to have some attraction/connection to the guy.
Not to mention if you get into swallowing . . .
 
I am 70 and early on, my wife and I think most women of our generation were not into giving a good BJ. So I discovered that a warm mouth is a warm mouth and love the feel of cumming in a warm mouth. That led to reciprocating which I found to be fun. I love to make someone cum - man or woman. Also I travelled on business a lot and was not into hookers or wanted to have an affair. Was not hard to find a fellow traveler who was into exchanging BJ's. Since I retired it has not been easy to find a time or place for a mutual BJ. Fortunately my wife has now decided it is OK to suck a guy off all the way.
 
Where do you land on the intimacy question? The act itself is inherently intimate but was your desire based on having an intimate act with another male or just getting your rocks off and moving on?

I think one can do anything without the passion it deserves. People have sex all the time without intimacy or passion. I do agree that it should be an intimate act. Many guys avoid the word "intimacy," though, because they don't want to be gay or bisexual, I think, and maybe they believe that's where the line is drawn. Personally, I don't want a blow job from a guy who isn't going to do it with passion any more than I want to fuck a woman who isn't fully into it. Sex should always be intimate, even if it's not romantic.


Edited to add: I don't know the answer to the OP's question. Maybe as we get older, we grow farther apart from the conditioning of our youth that told us it was wrong.
 
Last edited:
I am a 64 y/o mwm and, over the last few years, I have become more and more bi-curious. In email exchanges with other men around my age, I have found that well over half of them are experiencing the same thinh. Is this a common phenomenon?

Letting go of inhibitions to a point and the internet would be my guess. I found it pretty common here on lit.
 
I think

Letting go of inhibitions to a point and the internet would be my guess. I found it pretty common here on lit.

It is a mixture of things which have all be alluded to.
I know several men with families who have come out in their forties and fifties.
I think as teenagers we are conditioned to mate and especially so when we grew up.
There were no alternatives!
So if you had an attraction then it got surpressed and has come out now.
Now most youngsters seem to claim to be bi.

I have no interest in men at all, threesomes etc but I know for a fact that we are all made with parts of us gay, in different people it shows up more. I can see and admire a man if he . is handsome or well dressed so that is as far as my feelings go.

There must also be excitement of doing something taboo, sneaking out of your marriage, so probably at some level no intimacy is needed.
 
Curious all my life but didn't act on it until 5 years ago when circumstances allowed me more freedom to play. All the rationales previously stated can be applicable. I love giving pleasure in any form and enjoy or all.
 
Some great responses

Wow. There are some great responses and a lot of food for thought.

One problem I have encountered is the difficulty of finding someone live to speak with about this. If you go on Craig's List, you get bombarded by crazies. I would like to find one guy locally to talk with one on one about my feelings.

As I said, I have absolutely no experience. The only thing I am sure that I would be able to do is masturbate another man.
 
Wow. There are some great responses and a lot of food for thought.

One problem I have encountered is the difficulty of finding someone live to speak with about this. If you go on Craig's List, you get bombarded by crazies. I would like to find one guy locally to talk with one on one about my feelings.

As I said, I have absolutely no experience. The only thing I am sure that I would be able to do is masturbate another man.


That's the hard part, finding a buddy with the same interests... and safe and discrete
 
That's the hard part, finding a buddy with the same interests... and safe and discrete

Yes, that is the hard part. Lots of men seem interested, but in the end they decide to keep their fantasies as just that. To me, that would be a bit frustrating. I need to know if I'd like it or not
 
Yes, that is the hard part. Lots of men seem interested, but in the end they decide to keep their fantasies as just that. To me, that would be a bit frustrating. I need to know if I'd like it or not

Am I to understand you found out?
 
I turned 50 in 2015 and for the first time in my life I'm interested in sucking a cock. I haven't posted anything until this. For the past three weeks I'd come on here trying to think what to ask and never made a post about it or any post on any subject. I believe I know what helped trigger this but I'm still confused.
 
I would have described myself as straight until about 5 years ago when I started having m2m encounters. I'm 50 now.

I've also wondered why it is that so many guys start to get these urges in their '40s...could it be an evolutionary thing? - we still have a sex drive but the quality of our DNA is declining so nature turns our interests to other guys, leaving the young bucks to do the reproducing.
 
Back
Top