Man jailed for 3 years in Egypt for saying that SOME wives are whores

His words being true hold no bearing on the danger it puts women in.
The statement he made was true, therefore it is factual. It's not the same as calling for women to be killed.

Words still have consequences in the real world. And not all the men in Egypt called women whores or have killed. Besides we can't do anything until they break the law.
The statement he made was true, therefore it is factual. It's not the same as calling for women to be killed.

I'm okay with being a fascist for you. Just like you're okay with sacrificing women so you can feel better.

You seem to separate truth from putting people in danger as if the two are mutually exclusive which they are not.

This article shows that there's more to this guy than a non-PC person who just shoots off his mouth; he apparently has an agenda.
And apparently the authorities only decided to take action against him after a few months, and after many complaints (from women And men) on social media about his overall activities. So it wasn't just this one-off incident that led to such a drastic action.

A man in Egypt could be sent to three years in jail for slandering women
https://alexandrakinias.wordpress.com/tag/diaries-of-a-suffering-man/

"As his fame escalated, Sobky launched a pro-polygamy campaign in January 2015. Ignoring the uproar from women rights and feminists groups, he launched another page on FB, “Polygamy Campaign.”
- The campaign that he hoped to eventually register as an NGO, would assist underprivileged married men to remarry a second wife. Should this campaign succeed in the future, he would form a political party with a representation in the parliament.

He proceeded that once elected a parliament member, he would campaign to repeal the divorce law that grants women the right to divorce. He blamed the law for the escalating rates of divorce in Egypt and the social problems caused by it.

For anyone who watched carefully the events as they unfolded in the last few years will notice the astounding similarity between his objective and that of the Muslim Brotherhood."

Last edited:
Wow. Looks like I accidentally stumbled against a good blog. Good to see things from an insider's perspective, as opposed to just western media (be it L or R) like I generally do.

https://alexandrakinias.wordpress.com/about/
"Alexandra Kinias is the co-author of the controversial movie Cairo Exit. Banned from screening in Egypt, Cairo Exit won Best Non European Film in the European Independent Film Festival in 2011. Her screenplay ‘Leila’s World’ was short listed in Rawi Screenwriter’s Lab in 2010.
The fiction novel Black Tulips reflects Alexandra’s experience as a woman growing up in Egypt. It is told through the eyes of four Egyptian women sharing the same hardships of living in a male dominant sharing the same hardships of living in a male dominant society."

You seem to separate truth from putting people in danger as if the two are mutually exclusive which they are not.
So you're in favor of censoring the truth. That's how Stalin and Hitler held onto power.

A free society never censors the truth - but then you don't want a free society, you want a gynocracy.

Wow. Looks like I accidentally stumbled against a good blog. Good to see things from an insider's perspective, as opposed to just western media (be it L or R) like I generally do.

https://alexandrakinias.wordpress.com/about/
"Alexandra Kinias is the co-author of the controversial movie Cairo Exit. Banned from screening in Egypt, Cairo Exit won Best Non European Film in the European Independent Film Festival in 2011. Her screenplay ‘Leila’s World’ was short listed in Rawi Screenwriter’s Lab in 2010.
The fiction novel Black Tulips reflects Alexandra’s experience as a woman growing up in Egypt. It is told through the eyes of four Egyptian women sharing the same hardships of living in a male dominant sharing the same hardships of living in a male dominant society."
Censorship hurts women as well as men. Whodathunkit.

So you're in favor of censoring the truth. That's how Stalin and Hitler held onto power.

A free society never censors the truth - but then you don't want a free society, you want a gynocracy.

Yes I am in favor or censoring the truth when it directly puts lives in danger. I don't care if that's how Stalin and Hitler stayed in power. It's how civil society is held together.

No such animal as free society exists or can exist so we can skip past what I want and deal in reality.

Yes I am in favor or censoring the truth when it directly puts lives in danger. I don't care if that's how Stalin and Hitler stayed in power. It's how civil society is held together.

No such animal as free society exists or can exist so we can skip past what I want and deal in reality.
The truth never puts people in danger. It's the idiots who commit crimes who put people in danger.

Throwing that man in jail never saved one single woman's life. Not even one.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

The truth puts lots of people in danger. And you cannot separate the idiots who commit crimes (and in Egypt it's only barely a crime) from the motivation. Such is dishonest.

We don't know if throwing that man in jail saved a woman's life or not. Saved anything are ridiculously difficult to quantify. What we do know however is that adulterers get stoned and worse in the Middle East.

Revolutions are paid for in blood.

The truth puts lots of people in danger. And you cannot separate the idiots who commit crimes (and in Egypt it's only barely a crime) from the motivation. Such is dishonest.

We don't know if throwing that man in jail saved a woman's life or not. Saved anything are ridiculously difficult to quantify. What we do know however is that adulterers get stoned and worse in the Middle East.

Revolutions are paid for in blood.
The truth never puts people in danger. It's the idiots who commit crimes who put people in danger.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

You're wrong, I'm right, that ends this. You've been shut down.

You're wrong, I'm right, that ends this. You've been shut down.

You can repeat that lie all you like but it doesn't change the fact that the truth puts people in danger. Idiots who commit crimes because they heard the truth would not have done so otherwise. IT is impossible to separate one from the other.

I dont' know if a life was saved by throwing that man in jail. It doesn't really matter.

Revolutions, true revolutions are bloody. So the you are talking about putting lives in danger. Whether or not it's justified is ultimately immaterial. I have not been shut down. What i have been is able to force you into a feedback loop because your logic doesn't hold up.

Hitler did not immediately call for killing jews. First, he said things about them, some of those things might have been true for some Jewish people, but not all. The goal: killing Jewish people.

Hate speech is often a route to power for those who then limit speech.

Within a free society I have no actual qualms with hate speech. Go on, let your bigotry fly. What I have a problem with is putting people in danger because your being pissy. In Nazi Germany pointing at someone and screaming 'Jew' was pretty fucked up. . .and those guys weren't criminals!

You can repeat that lie all you like but it doesn't change the fact that the truth puts people in danger. Idiots who commit crimes because they heard the truth would not have done so otherwise. IT is impossible to separate one from the other.

I dont' know if a life was saved by throwing that man in jail. It doesn't really matter.

Revolutions, true revolutions are bloody. So the you are talking about putting lives in danger. Whether or not it's justified is ultimately immaterial. I have not been shut down. What i have been is able to force you into a feedback loop because your logic doesn't hold up.
My logic holds up flawlessly. There is no further point in going on with you because I am 100% right and you are 100% wrong. You want special protections for women that men are never given. You are an enemy of freedom. The truth never puts people in danger. It's the idiots who commit crimes who put people in danger.

You're wrong, I'm right, that ends this. You've been shut down. And yes, I will just keep repeating this forever because you're wrong and I am right.

Within a free society I have no actual qualms with hate speech. Go on, let your bigotry fly. What I have a problem with is putting people in danger because your being pissy. In Nazi Germany pointing at someone and screaming 'Jew' was pretty fucked up. . .and those guys weren't criminals!
So we should be able to put feminists in jail because of their hate speech. Oh wait those are women and you want special privileges for women that you'd never afford men.

Show me the clear and present danger presented by these feminists and be done. Being safe is not a privilege I would never afford to men. It's one I would demand. You simply think that male feelings are superior to female lives.

I know I'm an asshole for waiting until Sean Renaud got himself so deeply committed before I posted this, but...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-sentences-blogger-to-3-years-for-insulting-women/
“We can criticize or reject the comments he made, but he did not commit a crime,” said prominent rights lawyer Gamal Eid.

Under President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, authorities have waged crackdowns against Islamists, then left-wing activists and finally against broader dissent. But lately, many activists say harassment and threats have broadened even to people with no connection to politics or activism.

Artists, writers and intellectuals have expressed fear over the future of free speech and creativity in Egypt following a two-year sentence handed by an appeals court last month against author Ahmed Naji for violating “public modesty” through publishing an excerpt of his novel containing a sex scene in an Egyptian literary magazine.

Naji’s detention in a Cairo prison following the sentencing hit Egypt’s artistic and intellectual community hard as it followed recent sentences handed to the TV presenter and researcher Islam Behery, who is serving a year-long prison sentence for “defaming religious symbols” and the writer Fatma Naoot, who has appealed a three-year sentence for defaming Islam.
So basically this wasn't about defending women at all - the same sentence was handed down for defaming Islam and religious symbols.

It's about badmouthing entities that the powers that be deem important. With the next administration, women might fall out of favor and defending women could get you thrown in jail for 3 years.

That's what you get when you abolish freedom of speech.

Sean, you had it all wrong about what went on here, dude. Fess up, you goofed.

Show me the clear and present danger presented by these feminists and be done. Being safe is not a privilege I would never afford to men. It's one I would demand. You simply think that male feelings are superior to female lives.
I think freedom of speech is more important than anything, ever. If this guy's factual words were to hurt men's lives you wouldn't say shit. Men don't matter to you.

Yes, free speech and the right to tell basic facts is more important than any human life. Men's or women's. Your other big mistake here is thinking this is all about women.

Well your wrong. Life is more important than your personal feelings. That's just how it is. And if this guys words were to put any lives in danger I'd react exactly the same way. You can claim otherwise all you want but its no less true.

This is about women, and life. Free speech is nice and all but it has limits and more importantly every society is different as far as what your reasonable limits are.

Well your wrong. Life is more important than your personal feelings. That's just how it is.
"Because I said so" isn't a privilege you have to wield around with me.

And if this guys words were to put any lives in danger I'd react exactly the same way. You can claim otherwise all you want but its no less true.

This is about women, and life. Free speech is nice and all but it has limits and more importantly every society is different as far as what your reasonable limits are.
So it's either any lives or it's about women. Which is it? You love to contradict the hell out of yourself.

And the case in Egypt wasn't even about women. It was about what their current supreme leader finds offensive. Women are on the same level as religion and religious symbols: objects, favored by the current regime.

How does it feel to be so thoroughly snookered?

Actually because I said so is a privilege all humans have to wield. And it's more powerful when a group of us does as they do in this case.

There is no contradiction in anything I've said. This is about lives for me, and women for you.

Really, the current regime of Egypt is pro women? Citation is needed on that. it's not impossible mind you but I find that unlikely.

You're right. Honor killings are nonexistant in Egypt.

Actually because I said so is a privilege all humans have to wield. And it's more powerful when a group of us does as they do in this case.

There is no contradiction in anything I've said. This is about lives for me, and women for you.

Really, the current regime of Egypt is pro women? Citation is needed on that. it's not impossible mind you but I find that unlikely.

You're right. Honor killings are nonexistant in Egypt.
Your reading comprehension fails you as usual. I said the case in Egypt wasn't even about women. And I said "So basically this wasn't about defending women at all".

You on the other hand played the misogyny card all over the place.

This is going to end much in the same way as your claim that I wanted women to be breeding mares. Remember how you fled from that one?

Your reading comprehension fails you as usual. I said the case in Egypt wasn't even about women. And I said "So basically this wasn't about defending women at all".

You on the other hand played the misogyny card all over the place.

This is going to end much in the same way as your claim that I wanted women to be breeding mares. Remember how you fled from that one?

And you lied about it not being about women so I ignored it and carried on. I guess if thinking women shoudl be treated as equals is mysogyny we should just heap that on the list of things I am.

You do want women to be breeding mares. I never once fled from it, you simply got bored and started looping.

And you lied about it not being about women so I ignored it and carried on. I guess if thinking women shoudl be treated as equals is mysogyny we should just heap that on the list of things I am.
It ain't about women - it's not even about lives. It's about being offended. The documented facts support me, not you. The fact that Egypt has so many honor killings shows nobody gives a fuck about actual lives. What they care about is jailing you for offending someone. If they really cared about women then those honor killings would be more important an issue than someone screaming "WHORE!!!"

But for you it's all about women. You'd never have posted here if someone went to jail for slandering men.

In fact, between you and me, I am the only one who ever posts about injustices that happen to women. Funny, that.

You do want women to be breeding mares. I never once fled from it, you simply got bored and started looping.
Nah, I pointed out to you that I want to see sex robots and artificial wombs. When I called you out to show how someone can want women to be breeding mares in light of wanting women to be taken out of the breeding loop entirely, you tuckered the fuck out. Now you are the one looping with an accusation you cannot hope to back up.

Back