Why Trump is kicking ass.

Watching from the outside, it seems that should Trump become your next president he will face exactly the same hostile Senate that will stall him at every turn.
Same as they did to Obama.

That's the way the system is designed to work.

But given the last two decades there is no reason at all to believe that Trump would be stricter than Obama on immigration save most likely on Syrian refugees which is ultimately cruelty for the sake of cruelty but won't improve the general economic situation.

Within the law.

Absolutely. He can rescind and/or modify any EO on the subject. He can close the border, start enhanced enforcement against employers, and begin wholesale deportation. The laws for him to do so are already on the books, all that has to be done is enforce them.

But given the last two decades there is no reason at all to believe that Trump would be stricter than Obama on immigration save most likely on Syrian refugees which is ultimately cruelty for the sake of cruelty but won't improve the general economic situation.

Cruelty? The US is NOT the dumping ground for every person on the face of the earth that doesn't like their own country.

Ishmael

Absolutely. He can rescind and/or modify any EO on the subject. He can close the border, start enhanced enforcement against employers, and begin wholesale deportation. The laws for him to do so are already on the books, all that has to be done is enforce them.

Cruelty? The US is NOT the dumping ground for every person on the face of the earth that doesn't like their own country.

Ishmael

He can only do what the law allows him to do, and laws can be changed. We are not yet at the point where a president can act like a dictator. Not quite.

He can only do what the law allows him to do, and laws can be changed. We are not yet at the point where a president can act like a dictator. Not quite.

Let me reiterate. The laws are on the books, he can do all I stated and more. Congress can change the laws, if they can over-ride a veto.

As far as the EO's go, he can do anything he wants as long as existing law isn't violated. And given Obama's precedents I'm not all that certain about that statement.

As it stands right now the president does have damn near dictatorial power when it comes to who is allowed in the country and who gets kicked out.

Ishmael

executive_order_chart.jpg

Last edited:

Ishmael

No, but places that aren't on fire are dumping grounds for every person on the face of the Earth who's country is presently on fire. It's being a twat for the sake of being a twat. At the end of the day it doesn't effect me so I dont' care but I know you're wrong.

People were talking about ALL the executive orders Obama has issued when he has issued many compared to other presidents.

No, but places that aren't on fire are dumping grounds for every person on the face of the Earth who's country is presently on fire. It's being a twat for the sake of being a twat. At the end of the day it doesn't effect me so I dont' care but I know you're wrong.

You don't KNOW anything. You merely THINK I'm wrong based on your own prejudices and beliefs. So don't try to bullshit me, more importantly don't bullshit yourself.

Ishmael

People were talking about ALL the executive orders Obama has issued when he has issued many compared to other presidents.

Which people? It's not the quantity, it's the content.

For a few of those presidents the reason behind the quantity is obvious. War time presidents will always be near the top of the list. And the decreasing numbers over years also make sense, presidents can build on the actions of those that came before.

My issue with Obama is not the quantity, it's all about the content.

Ishmael

For a few of those presidents the reason behind the quantity is obvious. War time presidents will always be near the top of the list. And the decreasing numbers over years also make sense, presidents can build on the actions of those that came before.

Ishmael

Your 80,000 posts say otherwise.

I heard a rumor that Jerry Brown would be run at the last minute as a freash horse after Hillary was taken out by the legal system and to take some heat off the Democratic party.

If I have to I will vote for Trump but I have to tell you that I am worried about Him, what he might do and how he might do it.

Dangerous times for our nation it is.:(

I heard a rumor that Jerry Brown would be run at the last minute as a freash horse after Hillary was taken out by the legal system and to take some heat off the Democratic party.

If I have to I will vote for Trump but I have to tell you that I am worried about Him, what he might do and how he might do it.

With good reason. He's running a populist campaign sparse on detail. He is a social liberal, but that doesn't bother me all that much as I lean towards the Libertarian agenda on those issues.

Ishmael

Ishmael

Then please be specific about which EOs were so terrible so we can play everybody's favorite game and point out ones from Bush and Reagan that were worse.

ROFL. Those were the same rumors that had Obama stepping down/being impeached/being primaried by Hillary. What you see is what you get. Accept it.

And no, our nation isn't in particularly dangerous times. We're just whiny brats.

Then please be specific about which EOs were so terrible so we can play everybody's favorite game and point out ones from Bush and Reagan that were worse.

Specifically immigration and gun control related EO's.

Oh, and I don't play the "but so and so did that' game.

Ishmael

At least in my opinion.

Ever since Reagan was elected damn near every Republican claims to be a conservative. As if making the proclamation makes it so. If you were to assemble every Republican lawmaker in an auditorium and ask, "Who's a conservative?", every one of those son of a bitches would raise their hand.

The Democrats have veered so far to the left it's laughable. They are the party of the 'fringe.' A coalition of minority whack jobs. They've managed to manipulate the budget to pay for every one of those votes, and convinced the 'conservatives' that they'll lose their ass if they don't go along.

In 2010 the republicans said, "Give us the majority in the House and we'll stop this shit." We did, they didn't.

In 2014 they said, "Give us the majority in the Senate and we'll stop this shit." We did, they didn't.

As I stated years ago, there's no difference between them. They're both frog marching us off a cliff, the only difference is the rate of advance.

Now comes Trump. Calling them both full of shit. He fights back and he fights back hard. The political counter-punching equivalent of Joe Frasier. He's not a conservative, and has never claimed to be so, but he's attracting conservatives. He's not an evangelical, but he's attracting them as well. Same with women and blacks.

For better or worse he's a refreshing breeze on the political landscape. Although he's running as a republican he's more of a third way. The Ross Perot of our time. And considering that BOTH of the major parties have been lying through their teeth to the public for nothing more than their own self-aggrandizement, is it any wonder that he's kicking ass?

He is transformative in a manner that Obama proclaimed himself to be. Obama is a poser, Trump is the real thing.

The problem with Trump is he's much like Julius Caesar. His true agenda is unknown and he's hated by the entrenched politicians of both sides. Which begs the question, "Can he advance his agenda, whatever that is, given the almost universal opposition?" I don't think he'd be assassinated in the forum, but he most likely be subjected to the political equivalent. Will he resort to the same tactic as the same current asshole and issue even more 'executive orders' to further his agenda?

Trump has tapped into a huge reservoir of anger and frustration. Where it goes from here is anyone's guess.

Ishmael

Trump is popular because he is preaching two messages, an anti-establishment message and a xenophobia message. So if you're sick of the way government works and/or you buy into the fear that politicians have sold for centuries to gain power, you will like him. Fear immigrants, fear ISIS, fear everything. It's sad how that same old trick still works on the masses.

However, he is the farthest thing from transformative and he would be an unmitigated disaster as President. A short-tempered, egomaniac who acts before thinking is hardly the person you want with their finger on the button.

Specifically immigration and gun control related EO's.

Oh, and I don't play the "but so and so did that' game.

Ishmael

Which ones specifically. And if you don't play that game then your argument holds no merit. You can't claim that the content of Obama's EOs are especially troubling and then claim that the content of other president's EOs are inadmissable as evidence.

Back