Beyond Star City: The Heroes in the Shadows of Tomorrow OOC

No Chas all is good with that post. I can totally work with it and he would normally have sensed her presence and all, but he was hunting and concentrating so much on the familiar's scent and hearing inside the room that that scenario is entirely plausible.

I may use Shrieve a little and Have a little chat. Blue is not going to be immediately hostile. He has not been brought up to speed on S.H.A.D.E. events, so as far as he is concerned she is still a member and a partner to him. He will be the one to suggest they team up then she can ask for a ride to Seattle via the bar.

That sounds like a plan.

I'm still feeling out Shrieve's voice, do you mind if we back-and-forth the dialogue rather than your taking her over?
 
Yeah no problem. I just used her in not blowing off Danny's head when he turned around LOL. I try not to put words in other characters mouths anyway.
 
Awesome, that works.

Her not turning his brain to scrambled egg with the holy water in her bullets certainly dovetails with our agreed-upon plotline. XD

I should have a reply up in a few.
 
No problems. Take your time and feel free to move him around if you wish.
 
Aussie, did you have stuff in mind for the runes in the room, or should I employ judicious artistic license?
 
Go for it. I was planning on them being dormant for now, but being linked to several more throughout the city. Maybe this being a master Rune and the others being the other colors thus why it is so rich. Why they are different colors and what they do I have not thought of yet. Thought it might be a plot point, Or something for me to continue on with later. :D.
 
Cool. Cool-cool-cool.

Should have my reply up tonight or tomorrow morning, US EST.

Did Danny hear Shrieve's comment about going after Ollie on account of her dad, because that was italicized and therefore intended to be just her internal thought process. :/
 
Oh damn...Didn't see that it was Italicized. I will go back an edit that out then. Can't have him reading thoughts. That's not one of his powers :D
 
No worries, Aussie.

It's actually kind of funny, I got two replies the same day that made the same mistake.

The other one, I decided to go back and edit my post to make it spoken, because it was in character and funnier that way.

But Shrieve telling Danny right out that she wants to go poke holes in a superhero who tortured her dad and set him up to get shot by another guy, however inadvertently... that's counterproductive to her right now.

So.

Thank you for being understanding!
 
The "lycan made of lichen" idea comes from Neil Gaiman's unused concepts for The Wolves of The Woods, which he would have used in "Swamp Thing" if DC editorial hadn't been dicks.

The same concept also influenced my idea for "Redwood," Rose's "plant-based Wolverine" ectype in the main thread.
 
When I read it I laughed out loud then did a double take thinking that would actually be a pretty good idea.

I was thinking instead of silver bullets they would be filled with a concentrated weed killer like Glyphosate or incendiary bullets.
 
When I read it I laughed out loud then did a double take thinking that would actually be a pretty good idea.

I was thinking instead of silver bullets they would be filled with a concentrated weed killer like Glyphosate or incendiary bullets.

"It began with The Wolves of The Woods, padding silently out of the forests, thorns on their feet instead of claws..." Neil Gaiman tantalizingly mentioned in an intro to his anthology "Midnight Days," and you can't tell me that's not some eerie-ass awesome "Princess Mononoke"-level shit.

I like the way you think! Yeah, when Miranda took out Grandpappy Shrieve, the cropduster was the perfect combo of weedwhacking propeller, spray tanks full of defoliant, and gas tanks full of fuego. Not enough to take out someone like Swamp Thing, but enough for a lesser entity of The Green like Matt Shrieve Sr. had become.
 
Yeah old swampy always replenished himself with whatever greenery was around him, but I am thinking the wolves would not be able to do that. However natural bullets, Ha pass straight through, no harm done. Even weedwhacking, maybe as long as parts are close they could grow back together. Might take awhile, Day or so but could be done. So flame or pesticide best option.

Of course these things are not just going to stand there and let you do that too them :D
 
Happily, Redwood has a regrowth factor closer to that of Swamp Thing, as additionally influenced by the "Ben 10" aliens Wildvine and Swampfire.

But yeah, these ain't no slow-moving Ents! Maybe they're not as fast as Vashta Nerada, but tread carefully--

THESE.
ARE.
OUR.
FORESTS.
 
Hey, Lunar?

Sorry to pester.

But does Blue's scrying thing work right? Do you have any specific data we should add to our responses?

I was gonna post, but then I didn't want to jump any kind of gun.

PM us if it's stuff you don't wanna spoiler for the rest of the class.
 
I have a confession to make, I've become somewhat afraid to post in this thread. Well, not this thread, but the IC thread. I'm not sure where things are headed and Craft is sort of off on his own in Chicago. I'm not sure where he needs to go, or how to make him a part of the overall story arc. Not really sure what the overall story arc IS anymore to be honest. So I haven't been posting,
 
To be honest I am just launching the beginning of an arc to bring the team together. Everyone is currently kinda off on their own and Constantine is about to find the beginning of why he needs to bring together this team of supernaturally powered peoples to save the world from a set of threats typical "Capes" are useless against.
 
To be honest I am just launching the beginning of an arc to bring the team together. Everyone is currently kinda off on their own and Constantine is about to find the beginning of why he needs to bring together this team of supernaturally powered peoples to save the world from a set of threats typical "Capes" are useless against.

Okay, good, then I'm right where I need to be. Except Frank Craft really doesn't have powers. Just really weird luck.
 
We're all a bit scattered yet.

Liv and Shrieve were in Seattle before Time brought them to New York, Lori's still in Ohio...

I'm going, God willing and the crick don't rise, to start my characters towards upstate New York, which is where Constantine and Franken!Chas are headed. It may take a certain amount of quasi-divine intervention, but I'm getting it into motion.

We can talk out a way for Craft to start heading in that direction if you want, Nev.

(If we're looking for a specific location in upstate NY, I suggest the town of "New Carthage." In the comics, it was the home of Hudson University, which in the televised Flarrowverse is now in Central City (so therefore California), but the one in Central could be a satellite campus like we've done with Ivy University in the main thread, putting the main Hudson University campus in New Carthage like in the comics. Or we could disinclude the "college town" aspect and just have it be generic little small town. I suggest that it be geographically somewhere in Westchester, so it can be near Sleepy Hollow where Shrieve has another family armory.)
 
Funnily enough--

--Shrieve needs to get back to Seattle, and it turns out there's a bar called "Oblivion" in Star(ling) City, Sarah worked there for a bit, I had forgotten about that reference. They included the name in the show as an Easter Egg for Shadowpact fans, but now that we've got the actual Oblivion Bar in our shared universe, maybe that's the Star City entrance to the magical version of things? Gotta walk across all those peanut shells to get to the magic funny business behind the curtain...

Another Easter Egg I'd missed was that a few times in The Flash and Arrow, there's adverts for "Blue Devil" movies. Of course, this could well be Danny in the suit before he became demonic...

...Aussie, would that fit with your timeline? There were ads for "Blue Devil II" during Season 1 of The Flash, so 2014/2015, about ten years before our thread's current "present." If it doesn't fit, we can just blame offscreen time-travel shenanigans, but if it does fit, that's friggin' fantastic.
 
Funnily enough--


Another Easter Egg I'd missed was that a few times in The Flash and Arrow, there's adverts for "Blue Devil" movies. Of course, this could well be Danny in the suit before he became demonic...

...Aussie, would that fit with your timeline? There were ads for "Blue Devil II" during Season 1 of The Flash, so 2014/2015, about ten years before our thread's current "present." If it doesn't fit, we can just blame offscreen time-travel shenanigans, but if it does fit, that's friggin' fantastic.

Yes that sounds about right. The history goes past the point we are at but the movie he was working on when he was turned into the Devil was Blue Devil. So that would have been around 2000. Then he was offered a better deal by Neron to make a comeback as a movie star again that caused the death of his good friend Marla Bloom. That was when he sacrificed himself and became a full demon.

So time wise it is very good and matches up well. May not match up perfectly (and he was not supposed to have made a second movie), but studio's could have made the movie without him as there was a lot of Buzz about it and he was offered a lot of roles.
 
Back
Top