What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1077277-Clipart-Sitting-Gorilla-Monkey-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

:rolleyes:
 
We were supposed drive over the Fiscal Cliff, but nothing happened. Does anybody know why?

177_1000.jpg


"I think they named it to the George Bush Memorial Highway."

Okay, which one of you wise guys said that?"
 
obama is kind of the welfare, why should anyone expect the economy to improve?

we need to fire/impeach the obama and his regime
 
Anyone that breaks into tears so easily, weird.....

Just a thought but Boehner could be on some kind of meds that cause the crying Like blood pressure meds. I'm not a fan of his but for someone to cry as easily as he does my guess is it's meds....
 
Just a thought but Boehner could be on some kind of meds that cause the crying Like blood pressure meds. I'm not a fan of his but for someone to cry as easily as he does my guess is it's meds....

I don't think that's the case. Its just his makeup, I think he admitted that on 60 Minutes.
 
I don't think that's the case. Its just his makeup, I think he admitted that on 60 Minutes.

Really? Interesting. Used to be when a man in politics cried it ruined his career. I'm glad this has changed, although Boehner can be a PITA...
 
Having a great year so far, just had lunch at Mimi's. Did you stop off at 7-11?:rolleyes:

I already told you, guy...Unlike you, I don't go to places where my meals have been sitting under heat lamps, served to me on plastic trays and can be consumed in ten minutes, just so I can rush back home to get on the internet and continue derping spoonfed memes and other squawk.

You sure you're having a great year? Already the third and you've made two spectacular failure threads that feature you getting pressed and frustrated like it was your wedding night and you couldn't get it up.

See, for all our ball-busting on your cue ball, we worry about you, dude. At the rate you're going, this just might be the year you finally go over the edge. Best tell your shitstain bestie to nosh on your nutsack a little harder or something!

tumblr_mbe04nohFW1qgvyhk.gif
 
so you prefer McDonalds. got it

I already told you, guy...Unlike you, I don't go to places where my meals have been sitting under heat lamps, served to me on plastic trays and can be consumed in ten minutes, just so I can rush back home to get on the internet and continue derping spoonfed memes and other squawk.

You sure you're having a great year? Already the third and you've made two spectacular failure threads that feature you getting pressed and frustrated like it was your wedding night and you couldn't get it up.

See, for all our ball-busting on your cue ball, we worry about you, dude. At the rate you're going, this just might be the year you finally go over the edge. Best tell your shitstain bestie to nosh on your nutsack a little harder or something!

tumblr_mbe04nohFW1qgvyhk.gif
 
AND YET, COMPARED TO THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, HE’S SMALL CHANGE:


A few years ago, at a Las Vegas convention for magicians, Penn Jillette, of the act Penn and Teller, was introduced to a soft-spoken young man named Apollo Robbins, who has a reputation as a pickpocket of almost supernatural ability. Jillette, who ranks pickpockets, he says, “a few notches below hypnotists on the show-biz totem pole,” was holding court at a table of colleagues, and he asked Robbins for a demonstration, ready to be unimpressed. Robbins demurred, claiming that he felt uncomfortable working in front of other magicians. He pointed out that, since Jillette was wearing only shorts and a sports shirt, he wouldn’t have much to work with.

“Come on,” Jillette said. “Steal something from me.”

Again, Robbins begged off, but he offered to do a trick instead. He instructed Jillette to place a ring that he was wearing on a piece of paper and trace its outline with a pen. By now, a small crowd had gathered. Jillette removed his ring, put it down on the paper, unclipped a pen from his shirt, and leaned forward, preparing to draw. After a moment, he froze and looked up. His face was pale.

“Fuck. You,” he said, and slumped into a chair.

Robbins held up a thin, cylindrical object: the cartridge from Jillette’s pen.


Also, Robbins gives the stuff back.
 
Hey yo, CURRY

This is ONLY for you

Surprise: Obamacare-wary employers not hiring, cutting hours

The real knife twist in this USA Today piece is the money quote from Mark Zandi, The One’s go-to “independent” economist:

Many businesses plan to bring on more part-time workers next year, trim the hours of full-time employees or curtail hiring because of the new health care law, human resource firms say. Their actions could further dampen job growth, which already is threatened by possible federal budget cutbacks resulting from the tax increases and spending cuts known as the fiscal cliff. ”It will have a negative impact on job creation” in 2013, says Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Analytics…The so-called employer mandate to offer health coverage doesn’t take effect until Jan. 1, 2014. But to determine whether employees work enough hours on average to receive benefits, employers must track their schedules for three to 12 months prior to 2014 — meaning many are restructuring payrolls now or will do so early next year.
How widespread will the fallout be? Very:

About a quarter of businesses surveyed by consulting firm Mercer don’t offer health coverage to employees who work at least 30 hours a week. Half of them plan to make changes so fewer employees work that many hours. The health care law will particularly affect companies with 40 to 45 workers that plan to expand and hire. Many are holding off so they don’t cross the 50-employee threshold, says Christine Ippolito, principal at Compass Workforce Solutions, a human resource consulting firm in Melville, N.Y. Ernie Canadeo, president of EGC Group, a Melville-based advertising and marketing agency with 45 employees, planned to add 10 next year but now says he may add fewer so he’s not subject to the mandate…Others already over the 50-employee threshold plan to add more part-time workers or cut the hours of full-timers, says Rob Wilson, head of Employco, a human resource outsourcing firm. Many, he says, will hire more temporary workers, whom they won’t have to cover.

Nearly half of retailers, restaurants and hotels will be affected by the law, according to Mercer. They employ large numbers of part-time and seasonal employees, including many who work about 30 hours a week. Since such low-wage workers are widely available, it often hasn’t been cost-effective or necessary for employers to offer them coverage. Providing them benefits could be costly because employees must pay no more than 9.5% of their wages in insurance premiums, forcing employers to contribute significantly more than they do for higher-wage workers. ”I think you may see employees with fewer hours as a consequence,” says Neil Trautwein, vice president of the National Retail Federation.


So the law sets an arbitrary cap on the percentage of wages workers are permitted to contribute to their health benefits — the initial intent of which, presumably, was to compel employers to shell out to help cover more employees. But instead of complying with the mandate and spending money they either (a) don’t have or (b) need for other purposes, cash-strapped small business owners are planning to shave hours and provide less work for their employees. That’s not greed; it’s business reality in a stagnant economy. The clumsy and meddlesome heavy hand of Big Government strikes again, hurting many of very the people it set out to “help.” None of this should surprise anyone, of course. Obamacare opponents have long argued that this project would spike spending and debt, deprive Americans of liberty, and destroy jobs. These predictions are being vindicated with each passing day, hence the law’s enduring unpopularity. And as the article notes, many of the most onerous mandates don’t cycle in until 2014, so the pain is just beginning. For what it’s worth, the CBO has estimated that the president’s signature legislative accomplishment will kill 800,000 jobs.
 
PUSSYPELOSI told us it would create jobs, she not only lies, but did it so OPENLY

cause THE CUNT didn't even read the shit
 
Hey yo, CURRY

This is ONLY for you

Surprise: Obamacare-wary employers not hiring, cutting hours

The real knife twist in this USA Today piece is the money quote from Mark Zandi, The One’s go-to “independent” economist:

I think it will have some impact on jobs but it will be worth it.

But the 800,000 jobs thing is just a tired old Michelle Bachmann distortion. Why not read the CBO report and get your own facts rather than letting liars shovel you a load of crap?
 
Last edited:
I think it will have some impact on jobs but it will be worth it.

Also the 800,000 jobs thing is just a tired old Michelle Bachmann distortion. Why not read the CBO report and get your own facts rather than letting liars shovel you a load of crap?

show me the report:cool:
 
I'm not going to do your homework for you but I'm feeling generous enough to tell you that it was published in August 2010. Go get 'em tiger!

1-Show me

2-I know, you know, I know you know, I know WE ALL know, a "report" that dated is MEANINGLESS

3-SHOW ME, IF YOU CAN
 
1-Show me

2-I know, you know, I know you know, I know WE ALL know, a "report" that dated is MEANINGLESS

3-SHOW ME, IF YOU CAN


Nope, it's not my job to back your points. Your source is a citation-free opinion piece. Give a citation if you want your point to be acknowledged by grown-ups.
 
I don't care who ACKNOWLEDGES

or

doesn't

WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH


You cant show me, if you could, you would
 
Another conservative thinks it's other people's job to prove his points. What irresponsible cowards RW Litsters are...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top