ABSTRUSIONS: A Bohemian hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colleen Thomas said:
Afternoon all. I need a big pot of coffee & a sammich. got to get to writing :0

-Colly

New story?

How about a mega pot of coffee and a foot long sub?

or do you want the "Writer's Special"....an IV drip of coffee and a platter of mini sandwiches?

Colleen Thomas said:
Afternoon all. I need a big pot of coffee & a sammich. got to get to writing :0

-Colly

Damn, sometimes I really wish I drank coffee. I could do with something to keep me awake.......badly. Been trying to finish a story for 3 days now. How long can it take to write 3 damn paragraphs !!!???

*yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnn*

*dropping my arms on the table, head following......*

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Colleen Thomas said:
Writer's special please, I have 6 stories open & am working on them all :)

-Colly

Aww, hell. I have two going at the same time, and thought I was bad.

*bows to Colly*

matriarch said:
How long can it take to write 3 damn paragraphs !!!???
Sometimes three hours, or three days, Mat. Don't give up.

Surprize! I'm here cos Colly mentioned to me that I don't visit very often. Presuming it's virtual, I'll have a Tangueray and Schweppes, please. (Really at work, so no one need mind me.)

Perdita :rose:

Colleen Thomas said:
Writer's special please, I have 6 stories open & am working on them all :)

-Colly

6??!! How do you keep them straight in your head? I had 4 running at the same time a while ago. I had to circular file one of them cuz my brain was going into meltdown whenever I tried to work on one of them. :confused:

perdita said:

Surprize! I'm here cos Colly mentioned to me that I don't visit very often. Presuming it's virtual, I'll have a Tangueray and Schweppes, please. (Really at work, so no one need mind me.)

Hi Perdy, nice to see you here. Its a good place to work actually. I have a regular table in the corner, perfect for writing, people-watching, or just snoozing.........like now.

I won't give up, I never do, I just can't get my sleep-deprived head in gear, so rather than write gibberish, I'm not even going to bother tonight.

Tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.

I'm almost as good as Colly (don't be silly, of course I'm joking), I have 6 stories. I, however, being mortal, can only work on one at a time. (She is just going to HATE me for saying that.) ;)

Mat :kiss:

PS, Perdy, I am currently listening to an album made by Anne Sofie Von Otter, in collaboration with Elvis Costello. An unlikely pairing I know, but incredibly good listening. Called 'For the Stars'. I watched a tv doc about the making of the album, and had to get it. Its been on my 'chill out' list for quite a while. Fave track? 'Like An Angel Passing through my room'.

:kiss:

cheerful_deviant said:
6??!! How do you keep them straight in your head? I had 4 running at the same time a while ago. I had to circular file one of them cuz my brain was going into meltdown whenever I tried to work on one of them. :confused:

The cahracters from each are just speaking to me now and I am trying as hard as I can to get all they have to say down before they go silent on me :)

-Colly

Colleen Thomas said:
The cahracters from each are just speaking to me now and I am trying as hard as I can to get all they have to say down before they go silent on me :)

-Colly

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

perdita said:

I love when you pop in P. and don't worry, we won't tell the boss.:cool:

Thanks, Abby. And thanks, Mat. for the CD recommendation. I like both EC and A-SvO. P. :)

perdita said:

Hey Dita :)

Glad you decided to drop by :)

:rose:

Hey, Colly. Let me know if you get hungry, I'll go for take-out baked potatoes :) . P.

perdita said:
Hey, Colly. Let me know if you get hungry, I'll go for take-out baked potatoes :) . P.

Don't see how you could be any sexier, but show up with a good baked tater & you might just get attacked :)

-Colly

I need an island vacation or just a beach house on a remote shore where I can be lulled by the sound of the waves.

I want to walk on the beach in water up to my ankles while a breeze blows through my hair and there is no sound other than the ocean, the birds and my thoughts.

I want to hear the occasional ship's horn off in the distance as I sit on the deck and watch the sun set while sipping my coffee.

I want to curl up in a soft feather bed, the window open and the night air sweeping away any thoughts of nonsense that invade my brain.

I want to wake up the next day and do it all over again.

ABSTRUSE said:
I need an island vacation or just a beach house on a remote shore where I can be lulled by the sound of the waves.

I want to walk on the beach in water up to my ankles while a breeze blows through my hair and there is no sound other than the ocean, the birds and my thoughts.

I want to hear the occasional ship's horn off in the distance as I sit on the deck and watch the sun set while sipping my coffee.

I want to curl up in a soft feather bed, the window open and the night air sweeping away any thoughts of nonsense that invade my brain.

I want to wake up the next day and do it all over again.

*as I look out of my 3rd story office window, overlooking a city street and a construction site*

Sounds good to me babe. Want some company?

cheerful_deviant said:
*as I look out of my 3rd story office window, overlooking a city street and a construction site*

Sounds good to me babe. Want some company?

Sure, you can build us a fire on the beach and we can watch the stars at night.

perdita said:

Can't speak for anyone but myself, but...even if you're at work...how could we *not* mind you? (Especially if you're at work and making you chuckle or grin might be more of a challenge.<g>)

<slipping over to fix a drink, just in case the bartender is busy or you've already finished the first one>

I don't really care for gin, but will have a screwdriver with you...if that's alright, that is...

Remec said:
I don't really care for gin, but will have a screwdriver with you...if that's alright, that is...
Very alright, Rem. Yes, I'll have another; I've faked work before ;) . Shall we talk about Grendel's mum?

Perdita

cheerful_deviant said:
Can we make smores? :p

But of course!!! and some weenies on a stick and cold beer. Damn, let's go to vella's place, then she can wait on us while we talk about the universe.

ABSTRUSE said:
But of course!!! and some weenies on a stick and cold beer. Damn, let's go to vella's place, then she can wait on us while we talk about the universe.

Mmmm... debating the meaning of life and the nature of the universe over an ice cold Corona on the beach... sounds like a little peice of heaven. :)

Think Vella has any Coronas?

matriarch said:
PS, Perdy, I am currently listening to an album made by Anne Sofie Von Otter, in collaboration with Elvis Costello. An unlikely pairing I know, but incredibly good listening. Called 'For the Stars'. I watched a tv doc about the making of the album, and had to get it. Its been on my 'chill out' list for quite a while. Fave track? 'Like An Angel Passing through my room'.

I know that song...or at least that phrase. They use that as the main part of the chorus in an ABBA song.

Long awaited darkness falls
Casting shadows on the walls
In the twilight hour I am alone
Sitting near the fireplace, dying embers warm my face
In this peaceful solitude
All the outside world subdued
Everything comes back to me again
In the gloom
Like an angel passing through my room

Half awake and half in dreams
Seeing long forgotten scenes
So the present runs into the past
Now and then become entwined, playing games within my mind
Like the embers as they die
Love was one prolonged good-bye
And it all comes back to me tonight
In the gloom

I close my eyes
And my twilight images go by
All too soon

Is that the same song? I always loved it. Will have to look into checking the other out. (For Elvis Costello's involvement as well, have almost all of his albums.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back