Looking for editor - size, growth, romance, slice of life, fantasy

Abbigale

Virgin
Howdy do!

Apparently I jumped into the deep waters a little too quickly here. I submitted both first chapters of my ongoing stories here, and both of them were promptly Sent Back, with no advice given for what to change. So, I suppose I'm on the look out for an editor!

My current stories are about size, growth, transformation, but also slice of life and romance. If I can write an entire sex scene without using the words "fucking" or "spooge", then I've done my job. I try to focus on being sexy and intimate, rather than railing.

Howdy, and I hope to be here for a while!

Abbigale

So! The first one went up, and PEOPLE EVEN FAVORITED IT ALREADY! Yay!

I am looking for an editor for the centaur story, however, Cinnamon's First Date (Chapter 01 of... I am thinking 03). Not X rated yet, but plenty of R rating, and I want to make sure it won't skirt too close to any verboten territory.

Thanks!

I've worked through most of my backlog, so I should have some room for a new story soon. What is the wordcount of that first chapter? That's a very useful piece of information to mention, as it gives editors an idea of how much work it's going to be.

Apparently I jumped into the deep waters a little too quickly here. I submitted both first chapters of my ongoing stories here, and both of them were promptly Sent Back, with no advice given for what to change. So, I suppose I'm on the look out for an editor!
There's always a series of questions in any rejection notice - there are maybe half a dozen generic rejection responses, from what we can all figure out. You won't get anything specific to your story - they're standardised responses. Address the questions, and you'll soon figure out why your story was rejected.

So far as I'm aware, the rejection reasons cover:

- grammar and punctuation, especially in dialogue.
- underage sexual content, eighteen is the threshold for any detailed description of sexual activity.
- bestiality (fantasy critters like unicorns are okay. Ponies, possibly not, but pony-girls would get by. Forget about magical sheep).
- rape and non-consent. Did the victim ultimately enjoy it?
- snuff. Depiction of death will get by, providing it has zero sexual content and isn't gratuitous.

I think they're the main rejection categories. Others will chime in if there are more.

I've worked through most of my backlog, so I should have some room for a new story soon. What is the wordcount of that first chapter? That's a very useful piece of information to mention, as it gives editors an idea of how much work it's going to be.

Right. 10,400 words. I was advised that's a prime amount to shoot for per chapter (three Lit Pages).

Right. 10,400 words. I was advised that's a prime amount to shoot for per chapter (three Lit Pages).

Well the story sounds interesting and that's not too long... There's another story I have to finish up first, but I wouldn't mind editing it for you. Send me a PM if you're interested. If any of the possible rejection reasons EB just listed sound like they might be applicable to the story, let me know too so I know what I should be looking for. But if you don't have any idea, I'll just focus on grammar and spelling, and point out anything that seems to come close to breaking any of the rules.

Quick Question (rather than starting a whole new thread)...

I've heard it can take 5 to 7 days for a story to get accepted or rejected after submission. My first submission was rejected after 36 hours (and for good reason), and my second submission was accepted after 2 days.

I'm up to 13 days for one and 5 days for another, and I'm starting to get worried. Does this just 'happen' sometimes? Is there currently a backlog?

Thanks!

Quick Question (rather than starting a whole new thread)...

I've heard it can take 5 to 7 days for a story to get accepted or rejected after submission. My first submission was rejected after 36 hours (and for good reason), and my second submission was accepted after 2 days.

I'm up to 13 days for one and 5 days for another, and I'm starting to get worried. Does this just 'happen' sometimes? Is there currently a backlog?

Thanks!
It often runs slower this time of year. 5 - 7 days is pretty typical.

Check that your long queue story has in fact been submitted, and isn't still sitting in Draft. 13 days suggests it might have fallen through a crack. You could send a polite PM to Laurel, asking status. She won't reply directly, but the story will either go through or get rejected (with a set of questions which are the clue to the problem).

Nope, definitely been sent through. Nothing in Drafts.

Is her username just Laurel?

EDIT: Yes. Yes it is. :D

Ok, well... now I'm just confused.

"ear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

To prevent stories from being posted on the site more than once, would you like us to 1) replace the text and title of the old story with this one, or 2) remove the older story completely and post this one? We can also post this in addition to the current story, but we do caution that some readers do not like it when an already posted story is posted again as new."

What does this mean? What am I supposed to change? The story isn't posted more than once. The title of the story hasn't been used. There is no older story to remove.

Back