As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
They floated you to tele? Good grief. One thing you need to remember, tho.....you aren't in Kansas anymore Dorothy. You don't have time to do Q2 or even Q4 assessments. You're lucky if you have time to review the 1100 VS and accuchecks that the PCTs did. lol

How many patients do you have?

They floated you to tele? Good grief. One thing you need to remember, tho.....you aren't in Kansas anymore Dorothy. You don't have time to do Q2 or even Q4 assessments. You're lucky if you have time to review the 1100 VS and accuchecks that the PCTs did. lol

How many patients do you have?

Hahaha! The Nephro just wrote an order for Strict I/O. Hahahahahahahahahah
It's not Kansas! There's no control around here. It's a wild animal.

I was just eating lunch and transport calls to take my patient to the nursing home asking me all kinds a crazy q'sz.

I'm like: Idk! Can you talk to me with your sexy phone voice while I stop eating lunch to find out?

I have 5 patients, 1 is leaving and then I'll get another and hey that's not bad for this place. They usually keep it to 5:1 ratio.

It's a hott mess but I'm like real cool. I can do anything for 12 hours. The MARs are all fucked up and you can't give one med without feeling scared. I skipped noon vitals on one patient cause I couldn't find a proper cuff size. :/

And I'm just rolling with it and these nurses are laughing at me talk some crazy shit. I am like: These are the days of our lives/ crush crush crush

The PCTs do the 1600 vitals. And guess what? There's no PCT today! Say what? The good news is my patients aren't real sick. :)

This 40 year old man patient just walks out in the room and asks me: You gonna make my bed or what?

I guess he doesn't have chest pain anymore.

This 40 year old man patient just walks out in the room and asks me: You gonna make my bed or what?

I guess he doesn't have chest pain anymore.

"and I would like fresh towels, a piña colada, and a deep tissue massage after you make my bed...no hurry, I will wait"

Hahaha! The Nephro just wrote an order for Strict I/O. Hahahahahahahahahah
It's not Kansas! There's no control around here. It's a wild animal.

I was just eating lunch and transport calls to take my patient to the nursing home asking me all kinds a crazy q'sz.

I'm like: Idk! Can you talk to me with your sexy phone voice while I stop eating lunch to find out?

I have 5 patients, 1 is leaving and then I'll get another and hey that's not bad for this place. They usually keep it to 5:1 ratio.

It's a hott mess but I'm like real cool. I can do anything for 12 hours. The MARs are all fucked up and you can't give one med without feeling scared. I skipped noon vitals on one patient cause I couldn't find a proper cuff size. :/

And I'm just rolling with it and these nurses are laughing at me talk some crazy shit. I am like: These are the days of our lives/ crush crush crush

The PCTs do the 1600 vitals. And guess what? There's no PCT today! Say what? The good news is my patients aren't real sick. :)

Strict I/O doesn't mean the same thing on tele. Strict I/O on tele means that you give your best guestimate. :D Drove me up the wall when I first started working tele!

5:1 isn't bad. That's doable. It's the 6:1 & 7:1 that turns me into a stark raving lunatic - especially when the boss chooses those days to tell us to add a bunch of new stuff to our already overloaded day. I've started telling her.....I'd LOVE to (fill in the blank with whatever bullshit task du jour some dumbass suit has invented)....as soon as my workload is cut down to a manageable size. It ain't happenin' today though!

Do you still use paper MARs or e-MARs? I want to go back to paper sooooo bad! The e-MARs scare the ever-loving shit outta me. I had one the other day that I showed a med neb treatment, but respiratory didn't have it on his MAR. I finally charted that I gave it - in order to get HIM to give it - then charted alllllll over the place that he actually gave it. ugh.

You'd fit in perfectly with our crew. We're a bunch of lunatics too. :D

"and I would like fresh towels, a piña colada, and a deep tissue massage after you make my bed...no hurry, I will wait"
HAHAHA! And people in Hell want ice water!

That's when I send in the big, mean, bruiser PCS to change your bed for ya and give your massage! :D

I keep threatening to hang signs in all the rooms that say: That big blue H outside doesn't mean Hilton!

HAHAHA! And people in Hell want ice water!

That's when I send in the big, mean, bruiser PCS to change your bed for ya and give your massage! :D

I keep threatening to hang signs in all the rooms that say: That big blue H outside doesn't mean Hilton!

"Excuse me, but I am sick. Your job is to make me feel better....Can you rub my legs....Now?"

I'd love to! I need to restart your IV though - so I can give you the medicines that will make you feel better! Just be REEEEEEEAL still. *pulls out an 18ga butterfly and a tourniquet*

Ya know, I think you need a catheter too. You're going to need at least a 24Fr. *nodding sagely*

I'd love to! I need to restart your IV though - so I can give you the medicines that will make you feel better! Just be REEEEEEEAL still. *pulls out an 18ga butterfly and a tourniquet*

Ya know, I think you need a catheter too. You're going to need at least a 24Fr. *nodding sagely*

"Would you mind rubbing my neck and then feed me hot soup?"

This is your lucky day! You're well enough to go home! I'll just put in a quick call to your doctor, then we'll break you out of jail in about 30 minutes!

This is your lucky day! You're well enough to go home! I'll just put in a quick call to your doctor, then we'll break you out of jail in about 30 minutes!

"Oh no...... I am not ready to go home yet. I am still not well.....would you draw me a hot bath?"

Guess what they did to me? They split up my group! That was fun! I gathered all my charts and made an announcement: Come find me for report. Ugh

Yeap, still using paper for MAR. I liked the eMAR at my old H because I never had to look for the bedside! Either way has issues.

Ooops I/O fail. I never even cleared my pumps!

Hehehehheheheheheheehe

Guess what they did to me? They split up my group! That was fun! I gathered all my charts and made an announcement: Come find me for report. Ugh

Yeap, still using paper for MAR. I liked the eMAR at my old H because I never had to look for the bedside! Either way has issues.

Ooops I/O fail. I never even cleared my pumps!

Hehehehheheheheheheehe
Nobody on tele clears pumps! :D Our system lets us enter the IV fluids as they're ordered. So if a pt's MAR says they're to have NS@125, the system automatically enters 125ml every hour. If they're supposed to get, say, PB vanco, it automatically puts in the 250ml over an hour and a half.

The problem with that is - especially just with plain IVF, we usually take them off the pump when we send them for procedures or whatever. We're supposed to change their entries for that time period. Do you really think we have time to even remember to do that? Let alone to actually DO it. LOL

Bed baths are a thing of the past. Now, ya get the little baby wipes and a pre-shampoo loaded shower cap. If the PCS gives the bath, you might get a decent bath. If the RN gives it, there's a good chance you'll just get a TPA bath.

nurse-ratched.jpg

Mister McMurphy, because of your behavior, the television set will be turned off for the evening.

Nobody on tele clears pumps! :D Our system lets us enter the IV fluids as they're ordered. So if a pt's MAR says they're to have NS@125, the system automatically enters 125ml every hour. If they're supposed to get, say, PB vanco, it automatically puts in the 250ml over an hour and a half.

The problem with that is - especially just with plain IVF, we usually take them off the pump when we send them for procedures or whatever. We're supposed to change their entries for that time period. Do you really think we have time to even remember to do that? Let alone to actually DO it. LOL

Bed baths are a thing of the past. Now, ya get the little baby wipes and a pre-shampoo loaded shower cap. If the PCS gives the bath, you might get a decent bath. If the RN gives it, there's a good chance you'll just get a TPA bath.
That's actually kind of cool about the I/O automatic streaming. In the unit we clear q 8 hours and make sure it matches the paper I/O flowsheet. Clearing the pump is mostly a guide. If the patient is q 1 hour I/O I don't clear the pump every hour- I mostly pay attention to the output.

In the unit we are still paper charting. Telemetry units document everything in the computer and the I/O is added up every 4 hours! Right!
---

I didn't bed bath anyone today. They all walked to the bathroom except one- and luckily the family did all the care. It was kinda nice to be able to talk to a patient, and get a response.

The unit nurses give complete bed baths because we have 2 sick patients and it is part of the routine. Honestly, the exception is the real hurt traumas. It's just not a good idea. They still get washed but it's less aggressive. The first time I helped turn, logroll and change the bed completely I freaked out when the nurses grabbed the hardware from the bilateral leg external fixators to help turn the patient. I was like WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back