RIP slyc

My only interaction with Slyc was during the last FAWC. He made it a rewarding experience and I'd been waiting patiently hoping he'd find the time to run another.

My condolences to his family and all those who loved him. Now I need to go read his stories...

Wow. So sorry to hear this. I was also recently thinking of him, and wondering when we might be able to do another FAWC.

Sympathies to all his family and friends, virtual or IRL.

:rose:
 
Damn I just saw this today!

I remember Slyc. He was kind and funny and a good author and we had a lot of fun together on the board. I appreciated him, and he'll be missed. Terribly sad.
 
Such sad news

So sorry to hear about Slyc. (It's been months since I was last on Lit.) I didn't know him well, but I always appreciated his wit and courtesy on these message boards. My condolences to you and your little girl. Slyc always wrote about you and your daughter with such love....:rose::rose:
 
I had to swallow hard around the lump in my throat.

Many authors here knew slyc_willie. He was a writer of stories and threads. He made many friends here. While he wasn't as active on the threads over the past year as he he once was, I know that those who knew him would want to know:

Slyc died of a pulmonary embolism which caused a heart attack on Thursday morning Nov 29, 2015. It was sudden and very unexpected. Wednesday he was fine and Thursday he was gone.

It is unbelievably hard for me to write this. So please forgive me if I don't say more. We all deal with loss in different ways. I'm not good at conversations about this.

He was an incredible man and was always quick with "hugs". He'll be missed.
 
I'm writing a blogpost about the FAWCs and slyc for when the new FAWC comes out. Just wanted to check that he published as Gabriel Daemon with Xcessiva, if anyone could confirm that for me.

:rose:
 
I, too, have fond memories of slyc willie and was very sorry to hear this news. Rest in peace, slyc.
 
I am just... :(

I didn't know, until today. I don't come to Lit much anymore, but a strange coincidental circumstance led me here to seek out this thread and find out what happened.

RIP. I'm honored to have his books published through my company, and will always remember him with love in my heart. :heart:
 
I didn't know... I don't come here very much anymore... Secret...I am beyond sad for you ... he was sweet. Resting with the angels now....forever rest in peace. :(:heart::rose:
 
Back
Top