Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Politics Board

Old 07-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #1
TheOlderGuy
Purveyor of Pleasure

Debbie Wasserman Schultz

I believe that she is more responsible than anyone, including Putin, for the mess this country is in right now. Make America White Again has unleashed a terrible scourge on the world. And it all began because she thought that her choice was better than the rightful choice of the Democratic Party.

The saddest part is, I don't think she has had a single moment of self-reflection about her corrupt abuse of power.

Comments???
The first man who, having fenced in a piece of land, said 'This is mine', and found people nave enough to believe him, that man was the true founder of civil society. From how many crimes, wars, and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to his fellows: Beware of listening to this impostor; you are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to nobody.

 Rousseau 1754

I'm TheOlderGuy -- http://theolderguy13.wordpress.com/ update 2/27/13

SRP Profile: http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...1#post42318890

Team PM

Old 07-08-2018, 10:38 PM   #2
KeithD
Literotica Guru

Comments? Yes. I don't agree with multiple elements of your post, and I doubt it would be constructive to try to discuss the issue with you.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:15 PM   #3
LincolnDuncan
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOlderGuy View Post
I believe that she is more responsible than anyone, including Putin, for the mess this country is in right now. Make America White Again has unleashed a terrible scourge on the world. And it all began because she thought that her choice was better than the rightful choice of the Democratic Party.

The saddest part is, I don't think she has had a single moment of self-reflection about her corrupt abuse of power.

Comments???
Nice bod on the chick in your av

I'm not a fan of hers, but I don't know that I'd put the entire fate of the world on her shoulders.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:40 PM   #4
KeithD
Literotica Guru

I'm not a fan of hers either, but I don't blame her a bit for supporting someone who is actually a Democrat and worked for Democratic candidates and party platforms for decades over someone who didn't really join the party at all and didn't do anything for the party. Most of those Bernie fans were/are just Bernie fans; they aren't real party members. The party does more than just work on a president's campaign. If I were a party staff member, I'd work in favor of the actual party member too. And, oh, by the way. The Democratic Party presidential candidate won the most votes in the 2016 election.

Any disgruntled Bernie fan who revenge voted for Trump or revenge didn't vote at all is more to blame for where we are now than Debbie Wasserman Schultz is. Does that finger you TheOlderGuy?

Last edited by KeithD : 07-08-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:06 AM   #5
BoyNextDoor
I'm so yuge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
I'm not a fan of hers either, but I don't blame her a bit for supporting someone who is actually a Democrat and worked for Democratic candidates and party platforms for decades over someone who didn't really join the party at all and didn't do anything for the party. Most of those Bernie fans were/are just Bernie fans; they aren't real party members. The party does more than just work on a president's campaign. If I were a party staff member, I'd work in favor of the actual party member too. And, oh, by the way. The Democratic Party presidential candidate won the most votes in the 2016 election.

Any disgruntled Bernie fan who revenge voted for Trump or revenge didn't vote at all is more to blame for where we are now than Debbie Wasserman Schultz is. Does that finger you TheOlderGuy?
Hillary lost because she believed her own press and stopped campaigning six weeks before the election. She was picking her cabinet instead of campaigning in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #6
KeithD
Literotica Guru

There isn't one reason why Clinton lost. Higher on the list than the reason you give, though, are that she's been Swiftboarded for two decades by the Republicans, the Russian's use of social media against her was more crucial than has yet to be acknowledged (Americans are manipulated by social media and the Russians went after it big time), and the FBI director put a thumb on the scales--rather than bringing a viable investigation of Trump to light, he chose to bring a false one of Clinton to light right before the election; he should have kept his mouth shut on both at the time.

She also won more votes than anyone else in that election. The biggest reason she lost is that the U.S. election system does not give each voter an equal say in the result.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #7
FEELINGLUCKYPUNK
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
There isn't one reason why Clinton lost. Higher on the list than the reason you give, though, are that she's been Swiftboarded for two decades by the Republicans, the Russian's use of social media against her was more crucial than has yet to be acknowledged (Americans are manipulated by social media and the Russians went after it big time), and the FBI director put a thumb on the scales--rather than bringing a viable investigation of Trump to light, he chose to bring a false one of Clinton to light right before the election; he should have kept his mouth shut on both at the time.

She also won more votes than anyone else in that election. The biggest reason she lost is that the U.S. election system does not give each voter an equal say in the result.
But popular vote don't count. Hillary knew the rules. Federalism lets states count votes any which way, but electors remain fixed. You can trt again in 2020

Last edited by FEELINGLUCKYPUNK : 07-09-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #8
KeithD
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEELINGLUCKYPUNK View Post
But popular vote don't count. Hillary knew the rules. Federalism lets states count votes any which way, but electors remain fixed. You can trt again in 2020
I haven't posted that she lost the election. I have pointed out that she won an "every voter equal" vote to counter posts suggestions she wasn't the nation's choice. She was. She wasn't the electoral system's winner--for reasons given, some of which explode what elections in the States are supposed to be doing.

I'm not the one posting threads to revisit the "who won" the 2016 elections.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #9
TheOlderGuy
Purveyor of Pleasure

Quote:
. . .

No, it does not, but you can go ahead and feel superior anyway.

I've voted every year for fifty years, and I voted for Hillary. But I certainly understand why those who saw the process corrupted, and their primary votes rendered meaningless or impossible to cast, decided to sit it out in 2016.

Bernie would have crushed Trump, and the petty argument that he wasn't really a Democrat just reinforces how corrupt Democratic Party politics are. The majority of Democrats wanted him leading their ticket. The majority of independents preferred him in the general election. He didn't carry the baggage that the Clintons do, whether deservedly or not. His ideas would have carried us into a very different era than we are now entering.
The first man who, having fenced in a piece of land, said 'This is mine', and found people nave enough to believe him, that man was the true founder of civil society. From how many crimes, wars, and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to his fellows: Beware of listening to this impostor; you are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to nobody.

 Rousseau 1754

I'm TheOlderGuy -- http://theolderguy13.wordpress.com/ update 2/27/13

SRP Profile: http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...1#post42318890

Team PM

Old 07-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #10
jaF0
Worthless Toad

I've said before ...

If the Cocker Spaniel hadn't perverted the Primary process early on, the Ds may have had a viable, competent candidate.

Then the Rs may not have gone into full hate/revenge mode and come up with a viable/competent candidate.

Possible O'Malley and Kasich.

Then we might have had a better choice between two viable/competent candidates. It still would have been a choice of bad or worse, but not to the extremes of the two worst possible candidates in all of US History.

I put it all on the Cocker Spaniel.

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #11
KeithD
Literotica Guru

Hillary Clinton was the most qualified candidate of both parties and the American people agreed by giving her the most votes. The rest is largely continued Swiftboating by the Republicans and Russians. They can't give up Swiftboating her now because they are still scared shit of her qualifications and what they have to lose if someone that qualified gets the job. (And I'm not that much of a fan of her as a person. I'm a lot less a fan of those Swiftboating her, or anyone else.)

Old 07-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #12
KeithD
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOlderGuy View Post
N
Bernie would have crushed Trump,
Bullshit. You don't understand where the U.S. voters are. And you are completely blind to what the Republicans would have done to Bernie (who has done very little in his political career and all of that a good distance to the left of the American center) if he got the nomination. Pie-in-the-sky naivete. (And I say that to be realistic. I'm an Eleanor Roosevelt Democrat, which probably puts me very close to Bernie in politics.)

Old 07-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #13
jaF0
Worthless Toad

Billary wasn't qualified to be dog catcher. One of the most corrupt ever to infest politics in any country.

I want the entire family fully disgraced so that thing of an offspring will never dare show it's face in politics.

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.