The Living Works of Art Challenge

MsG thought I could do this. The pics have added light and toned down color to imitate the marble of the original, but maybe more like marshmallow in my case. As with others, I can't show much in the way of buff muscles, but as MsG says, the one bit is in a "David state."

Last edited by a moderator:
Im willing to fulfill that request for you tiny.

"David" from behind

http://www.imagebam.com/image/00e0c9500000915

Great rear view.

MsG thought I could do this. The pics have added light and toned down color to imitate the marble of the original, but maybe more like marshmallow in my case. As with others, I can't show much in the way of buff muscles, but as MsG says, the one bit is in a "David state."

I did wonder if MsG might convince you to give this challenge a shot glendale. I enjoyed seeing your David rendition. Well done.

I am so glad she convinced you, because this looks fantastic. Love the fact that you thought about giving a marble feel to the overall look.

I did wonder if MsG might convince you to give this challenge a shot glendale. I enjoyed seeing your David rendition. Well done.

So great to see you're back, Icy, turning the tables to look rather than show. Thanks for the compliment--always great to get that from ampics royalty.:heart:

I am so glad she convinced you, because this looks fantastic. Love the fact that you thought about giving a marble feel to the overall look.

Thanks for looking in and offering a kind word about the art too.:rose:

Great idea for a thread! I'm in. Soon as I find time to take the picture :p

Feeling bold tonight

Lost the fig leaf and played around a bit with some photo editing effects to make it more "artsy."

Here goes nothing:

Attachments

• IMG_2790 statue.jpg
    IMG_2790 statue.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
Lost the fig leaf and played around a bit with some photo editing effects to make it more "artsy."

Here goes nothing:

*Gasps*
Bravo. Everything about this photo is spectacular... love the light, love the black background, love the edit, love your body and love your daring.
Fantastic JRP. :kiss::rose:

Here goes nothing:

Good job on the bravery, the David pose and the editing. Very "artsy".

Here goes nothing:

Very, very good! Well-posed. Normally, I'd say that the white is too hot/bright, but I think it works in this. You haven't lost too much definition in the whiter portions. Bravo for feeling bold! :)

Ooh, very nice. I like the marble imitation very much.

Here goes nothing:

Oh yes. You absolutely nail the legs there, weight on one, the other to the side. You look very relaxed. Let me just look at it some more, to make sure... :devil:

Yay!! I'm so glad MsG got you to do this!! Fantastic looking photos and you ain't no marshmallow!! :devil:
Great idea for a thread! I'm in. Soon as I find time to take the picture :p
Hooray!!

Here goes nothing:

LOVE the lighting, this is wonderful, thank you!!

Here goes nothing:

Looks better and very much like an artwork.

I took the pic, but all the artwork is more than I could have done. I love the model, by the way.

Great pic! :)

Thanks, glad you liked it.

*Gasps*
Bravo. Everything about this photo is spectacular... love the light, love the black background, love the edit, love your body and love your daring.
Fantastic JRP. :kiss::rose:

*blush* I am so flattered. BTW, I love your body too :) :kiss:

Good job on the bravery, the David pose and the editing. Very "artsy".

Thanks Icy, you taught me well on the editing. ;)

Very, very good! Well-posed. Normally, I'd say that the white is too hot/bright, but I think it works in this. You haven't lost too much definition in the whiter portions. Bravo for feeling bold! :)

Thanks. If the lighting works, it is somewhat of a happy accident. I don't know much about photography and I'm working with a fairly low end automatic-everything camera. I keep playing around with the light source, but the camera keeps making its own adjustments that tend to negate what I do. I need to learn how to disable some of the automatic features.

Oh yes. You absolutely nail the legs there, weight on one, the other to the side. You look very relaxed. Let me just look at it some more, to make sure... :devil:

Cool, the marble look was what I was going for. Look as much as you like.

Yay!! I'm so glad MsG got you to do this!! Fantastic looking photos and you ain't no marshmallow!! :devil:

Hooray!!

LOVE the lighting, this is wonderful, thank you!!

Thank you, Tali :)

Looks better and very much like an artwork.

Thanks, MsG

Great pic. Really looks like a statue

Thanks. Appreciate the vote of confidence from a fellow participant.

Thanks, nice to hear the encouragement for my "art.":kiss:

I've enjoyed looking at your pics so often, so I'm glad to know you like this offering. Still, if you could squeeze, you'd find more marshmallow than marble.:kiss:

Challenge #2

Gentlemen,

The time has come for your next challenge, one in keeping with current events in Rio. Challenge #2 is “Discobolus” by Myron. No, not John Travolta in a white suit. That would be “Disco-ball-us”. No, we are talking about the ancient Greek discus thrower. While the original is lost, here are several copies:

http://archeoroma.beniculturali.it/sites/default/files/imagecache/grande/images/Discobolo_1.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...-Greek_statue_discus_thrower_2_century_aC.jpg

Good luck, guys. Hint: if you happen not to actually own a discus, a dinner plate works well ;)

My entry

I may try another later, but this is my first attempt

Attachments

• Discobolus BW.jpg
    Discobolus BW.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Gentlemen,

The time has come for your next challenge, one in keeping with current events in Rio. Challenge #2 is “Discobolus” by Myron. No, not John Travolta in a white suit. That would be “Disco-ball-us”. No, we are talking about the ancient Greek discus thrower. While the original is lost, here are several copies:

http://archeoroma.beniculturali.it/sites/default/files/imagecache/grande/images/Discobolo_1.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...-Greek_statue_discus_thrower_2_century_aC.jpg

Good luck, guys. Hint: if you happen not to actually own a discus, a dinner plate works well ;)

I may try another later, but this is my first attempt

Ooh you amped up the difficulty with this one but I like that there are minute variations in the copies which allow for greater creative space.
I like your interpretation as well.

Gentlemen,

Note to self - order a frisbee :D

Back