The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

O more so CG. And I'm a happy girl, Arsenal won 1-0, last minute goal. I've got to like Grid Iron too. When I was in Texas last year to meet my future in laws I had a tour of the AT&T Stadium. Sadly the Cowboys weren't playing when I was there but I've watched them on TV. BigRick is a fan of their's. I play rugby so I'm used to rough games. BigRick fixed it for me to train with a women's American Football group when I was there. They even said if I came back I could join the team. I'm more defence than attack.

Ok I've downed my Guinness and I'm off for an evening meal. Us girls are going to the Officer's TV lounge tonight to watch Poldark. If we're lucky the hunk will take his shirt off again (panting!).

HSG is by my side. Said she'll post tonight. But AFTET Poldark :cattail:
 
There was a Grid Iron match at Wembly today two NFL teams. So a bit of ours were on your side of the pond G G ;)

I slide a white wine over to HSG

Poldark is it now G G So you and HSG are panting for a bit of Beef Cake? :eek:
 
Poldark sounds like an interesting show. Sexiest Man in the World huh? I can see why you are in a hurry. :)


Morning CG, at least for twenty more minutes. How is your day going?
 
Its going well S F just lazing around her on an overcast day. The colors here in my mountains are becoming more brilliant by the day. The evenings a bit chilly and the days grow cooler. Soon the forest floor will be carpeted with a mantel of golds, crimson and blaze orange. and the trees will lif their bare limbs to the sky.
 
I noticed that my wildflowers have begun to die off. But tree leaves are still green. Lots of white and gray clouds in the sky, but it isn't supposed to rain. Very windy though. Even the smaller pines are swaying. It is very, very quiet here, no birds making any noise which is unusual. Saw a blue jay the other day, but not close enough to tell if it is a mountain jay or a regular one. The coyotes are howling at night now. Didn't hear them when I first moved in, but they have become regular noises in the last couple of weeks. I don't think they are all that close though. Sound is funny here in this little valley.
 
The coyotes call to their lover the moon, then they call to their families and tell of their love for the night and its shadows S F.


When I was in Santa Fe the fall crept slowly down from the high country to suddenly burst upon you,
 
I love hearing nature calling, birdsong, bats, foxes. There's an owl just outside our camp calling his mate. Wonderful sounds.
 
HSG the foxes bark to me has always been more of a yelp. I can remember Nordic skiing under a full moon through the woods and having a great horn owl come gliding so silently over my head to get his evening meal 30 feet down the trail. My heart stopped for a moment and then a smile came to my face, it was amazing:D.
 
Glances of nature in nature are amazing. Those are sights I will never forget. I have been lucky to see several: two humpback whales playing in the water of Maui, taking turns slapping the water with their fins and tails trying to see who could outdo the other. a herd of wapiti elk at 1 am, standing in the middle of the road at the crossroads of a tiny town. I stopped the car and we just looked at each other, while I waited for them to move. Eventually, they slowly sauntered down the road. An American bison a few yards from my car. Those things are humongous. My favorite was outside of Flagstaff on Route 66, two birds soaring above an open field. I was in shock and awe when I realized that they were bald eagles. This was back when the eagles were just starting to come back as a species. I pulled off to the side of the small two lane road and my brother and I watched them drifting on the air currents looking for food. Finally, one decided to check us out. He/she landed on the telephone pole across the road from us. I had binoculars but not a camera, so we took turns looking at the bird up close while it looked at us. We finally couldn't take it any more and drove down the road to see if the small store had a camera, they didn't and when we got back to the spot the birds were gone. But, oh man, I will never forget the look in that bird's face as he watched us watch him.
 
Come on Nursie! If that was one of your charges you'd frogmarch them down there! Physician heal thyself. I'll hold your hand if you wish.
 
HSG I fear you will have to take G G in hand and take her to the dentist.;)

S F nature is amazing and there to be seen if one just open their eyes. I have seen periquin falcons in major cities soaring through the concert and glass canyons.
 
She's made every excuse under the sun so I telephoned BigRick and left a message. This is the girl who faced enemy fire to save a wounded man.
 
Oh that is the easy part HSG.........Dentist are terrifying:eek:

I actually have a very good dentist yet I still hate the needles. yuch.
 
Oh that is the easy part HSG.........Dentist are terrifying:eek:

I actually have a very good dentist yet I still hate the needles. yuch.

I have never understood drug users or tattoos. Needles HURT. But toothaches hurt MORE.
 
Last edited:
S F I grit the Novocaine shot but taking care of your teeth is as important as an annual phyiscal.
 
Ok, Ok I surrender. I'll tell the MO tomorrow. But tonight I'm going to drown it with a Jamerson
 
Have you tried Jameson Castmates G G ? Rather good an helps to fortify ones resolve. ;)
 
Ok, Ok I surrender. I'll tell the MO tomorrow. But tonight I'm going to drown it with a Jamerson

As an American, I am glad to see the British surrender. :D

As a friend, I am glad all our caring nagging has made you see reason. Not to mention I am sure you are tired of the pain. :rose:
 
Oh SF BigRick had to call her and join in the bullying and today I had to ensure she went to the MO who ordered her to see the dentist immediately. We've got to go to Germany on Thursday and she has a trip to the States next week. She's got to be fit.

CG there is a bottle of Castmates in her cupboard so no doubt she's enjoyed it. If I'm nice she might let me have a swig.
 
As an American, I am glad to see the British surrender. :D

As a friend, I am glad all our caring nagging has made you see reason. Not to mention I am sure you are tired of the pain. :rose:

I love surrendering to a certain US Marine :devil:

Well you all gang up on me and I was ordered to go. I've got an abscess so I'm on antibiotics. So CG the Jamerson has to wait!
 
An abscess Young lady and you a nurse:mad:

I take G G into the security of my arms and give her a hug,


The Jameson's can wait........get better my friend. :rose::kiss:
 
O thank you for the hug CG. I needed that. I've got an abscess on the tooth root. I cracked the tooth playing rugby back in May. Will be ok. Good thing BigRick isn't here. Some antibiotics stop the contraceptive pill :mad:

Spent the morning interviewing for my W/O. I think I've found the one I want. Promote him so I can train him how I want.
 
Back
Top