New Poetry Recommendations

A clear sailing Monday

Just a few pens today ... :eek:

Starting off the day , a veteran of the pen...

Non-Stick by neonurotic ©

One to make you smile and giggle ..didn't really get "carnotesandcreditcards" the point of that connection..stopped the flow...but , it was a hoTT one...
****
A warm welcome back to DC..been awhile since we haved read your witty, clever thoughts..good story in this one...I enjoyed the way you tied the end together..nicely done..

An Effect Of Power Unexpected by dcpoet44 ©



****
I don't know if I can remember back that far ;) if I lost mine or not....hum...I let ya know..cute words wrapped in a tight fit ...it was pleasing to the eye as an easy read...nice for a Monday ..don't want to think to hard today... :confused: ty


Losing My Ryhme by My Erotic Trail ©


Thats it for me...anyone else if forgot...someone remind us...
 
Tuesdays' reviews

Hello Poets. A day late, but still reviews the same.


MissJett gives a good metaphor in Derailed and does it nicely without cliche.

...Late nights with good friends
easy laughter rollin' strong and free
accompanying naughty innuendo
- hey babe, your panties or mine?
...​

I'm not going to suck yourr ass denis hale, but please keep submitting poems like Popeil In His Stepford Period on my day to review.

...In a moment my
cream-skinned assistant
with white-hot tripod body
will trace your lace cocktail doily
with fruity-licious sweat from
her lower lip, she will
...​

Also I'd like to mention Sex&Death's There Are Forces an Man Ray's RSPB —both are great reads.


Okay, that's it folks. I hope you all have a good rest of the week!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wednesday, 2006.03.08

Well, the sun's finally up here in suthrun California and it seems to be Wednesday again already. This morn there are an even twenty new poems up, many by new poets. Let's go for a little read, shall we?
  • The prolific and talented vampiredust has two new offerings of note today. I especially liked Moths. Sic transit Gojira mundi.
  • MistressJett is having problems with a former lover who keeps hanging around in Withdrawal. Give MJ some moral support.
  • Finally, Willing Angel SelenaKittyn has me humming old hymn tunes—Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee. Hmmm. Now I'll be thinking bad thoughts in church.
I hope that duckiesmut will drop by later and give you her take on the day's fare, but 'til then go read 'em all, vote and comment.

I must be off. My trade show :)() calls.
 
Tzara has done a lovely job of covering today's poems, so I suggest you scroll up a tiny bit and enjoy his take. But because I'm feeling blabbermouthy, see below also, if you'd care to. :)

There are two today that struck my fancy.

All his shirts are torn
by annaswirls

One thing I always relish is objective poetry that avoids having a clinical feel. It's being on one of those shaky rope bridges in a bad 70's movie. Fall off one side, and land in the soapy mishmash of sentimentality. Fall off the other, and into an episode of Law and Order. Get it right, stay on the bridge, and it's thoroughly delightful. This is one of those poems.

Moths
by vampiredust

This played with my imagination during an hour and a half of inventory variances. I kept picturing strangely warped moths growing and stretching into bizarre creatures that are so over-the-top it makes you giggle instead of scream. The creature, that is, not the poem. ;)


***
Have a splendid middle-of-the-week!
 
New Poems of Thursday March 9, 2006

There are 28 new submissions on this first March Thursday, and as I always do, I start off with a non-erotic "spinner" from the archives.

Today's Golden Oldie:
This work was posted in February of 2003, and I found this poem by Mythos50 on the third spin. This poet was only active, at least under this name, in February and March of 2003. I frankly do not remember him or her, but s/he submitted 50 poems and entered several Same Title Challenges. Does anyone know where this poet went or what the writer morphed into?

Use of Nature's Time

Natural Use of Time

The ache of time not passed burns within his soul
His yellow eyes search the sea crashing far below
For nature has been unkind to him this hollow day
His search has caused sweet time to waste away.

Still, nature keeps him bound to wind’s cold hand
In silence sits he where few could see from land
Same wind that blows up cliff’s disgruntled face
Blows scent of salt in sea and wetted sand to taste.

Within the yellow eyes the miles in scene miss few
Splash of waves, the sails of white, a mountain mule
Clouds that gather, block the sun, by eve not done,
And yet for home he shall await with food for young.

Sun breaks line in sky above the lifting swell falls free
Brown is cliff, white is foam, yellow crossing sea
Talons flash to grasp the stream of silver in the brine
Nature deals death once, in time, the other, to define.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

By Myth
2/15/03
***

There are quite a few illustrated poems today and a relatively new, but prolific poet is first on the list today with six new offerings, five of which are illustrated. MistressJett has 19 poems posted so far and all but two of them are still on the "New" list. Rather than mention any specific submissions, may I suggest that you click on the name above and go pick some for yourself. - I would like to add that I think it is a mistake for a poet to post too many poems at the same time. It is much better (IMO) to post only one or two poems a day rather than overwhelm the readers with so much work that the individual poems lose their identity and impact.

***

There are also illustrated poems today from My Erotic Trail and 4degrees. Both poets have two submissions, and respectively I prefer A Radiant Moon (because of some errors in the second poem), and injury because I find the other submission hard to read. It might be better if it were larger.

***

Moving on to today's non-illustrated poems, the first one I want to mention is a rather hard view of life by dcpoet44 titled Lifelines. I often find this poet's work more prose or journal-like than poetic, but it is just our tastes or styles that differ. Quality still is quality.

***

SelenaKittyn has a short erotic poem titled Tracker that is worth your reading time today. She shows that you do not have to be explicit to be erotic.

***

bluerains also eschews common street language with her piece of eroticism. Hard Liquor is worth a read.

***

The last one on the list is another illustrated poem. lindiana gives us an interesting visual display of her poem Angel. Go give it a look.

***

standard fishy disclaimer:
Taste is always an individual thing so there certainly may be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
Wooo..Monday Fills the airwaves with audio..

Put your feet up drink some coffee and listen to some sensual voices ..this mornings audio reads...I'll leave it at that...they stand alone in pleasing the ear.
LUCIOUSBI-WRITES4U**SELENAKITTYN:**MISTRESSJETT**and LINDIANA**

Provocative spin from ducks den of thought..reads well ..holds interest with some questioning images...

Saturn by duckiesmut ©


~~~~~
Another winner from one of my favorite poets..

I quit poetry once by sandspike ©

leaves one thinking ..about all the words written and never see the light of day...
I was a bit sidetracked with{trying to fly at new altitudes}slowed the flow...just a wee tad though..had to think to much for a Monday :eek:


~~~~~

There are several others worth the read..please comment if I missed one you like...
I enjoyed the nice voices from the female poets a lot...I know you will too...
til next time ...pen on....blue
 
tuesday

morning, poet-type people. today i'll bust outta my anti-social agorophobic shell and attempt to do some reviews. fortunatly i have not posted one today, or you'd have to put up with me plugging my own stuff. shameless, i know.

there are 17 today, and i liked several.

Sibilance by SelenaKittyn got to me with all the sss going on...i love that type of letter repetition in the right context. her poem made me want to pet my sssnake.

three submissions today from RedHairedandFriendly, the last of which really appealed to me. in Whispered Wind Blows to Me i can really see her growing as a poet and broadening her wordish horizons. its a lovely write.

mizz MistressJett has 2 today, In Dreams provokes me to go pull on some chaps, commando-style, and the prosey Superhero the 2nd makes me want to take them off. both good, sexy writes.

ode to a twenty car pileup from lobomao has some strong visuals and made me sit back and think, in a good way. i liked it much. and dcpoet made me think as well with his Spine-Tingling statement of how our poetry morphs, from one week, one season to the next. least that's how i took it. regardless, its a great write, too.

so, there are my uneducated and arrogant opinions. go read and enjoy this phenomenom we call poetry!

werd to yor mutha.
 
3.14

Hello, Poets-

I thought it would be nice (well, it wouldn't hurt) to add my own recommendations to those made by 4degrees. Purposefully, I haven't read his post and have no idea of which poems he thought were the best. You can cross-check the references and then go read all the poems for yourselves and tell us that we're both idiots for forgetting your favourite. ;)

It had been a while since I last had the opportunity to read all the offerings on the new poetry list, and so I was extremely (and pleasantly) surprised to find so many poems worthy of reference and more. I wish I had the time to leave detailed comments on all of them.

These are only some of those that caught my attention. Do yourselves a favour and at least scan the rest. You won't regret it.

Sibilance is a graphically erotic little poem that redeems itself with a consistent and consistently fresh use of alliteration.

A similar technique, albeit with a much more sophisticated usage, can be found in an early frost. The result is admirable. A must read (aloud). The same poet also brings us ode to a twenty car pile up.

Imprinted and Halo are two poems by another poet I wasn't familiar with, but the fresh approach and the careful language that are evident in these will keep me coming back for more.

Finally, The language - unvoiced caught my attention in a special manner; it felt from the start as something I could have (should have? wish I had?) written, in form and style if not always in content, and coming from a poet that hadn't posted anything to Literotica prior to today, I hope you all have the opportunity to read it.
 
Wednesday, 2006.03.15

Well, it's the ides of March and there are 22 new poems posted today. Not a single one about Julius Caesar, though.

Here's some reading suggestions:
  • First up is Racing by irishcatsmeow, an erotic poem that makes pretty good use of the metaphor of, uh, racing. Can't tell if its NASCAR or Formula 1, though.
  • The charmingly named new poet WeDanceInMisery streams some of her consciousness our way with Krabby Patty. Kind of prosaic, but rattles along like a caffeine buzz in the middle of the night.
  • There are two offerings today from f-cynyr, one erotic and one not. I find that a bit puzzling, since they seem similar in theme. Though I find the poems a bit uneven, there's some interesting language in both Moan of Creation and Epiphany.
  • Finally, for dessert there's a Tootsie-Pop by SelenaKittyn. Just right as a sugary, sweet-tooth finish. Good for staving off insulin shock.
Of course, there's a bagful o' other poems too. Surely some of the others will strike your fancy. Go give 'em all a read, folks.

'Ta.
 
New Poems of Thursday March 16, 2006

There are 20 new submissions on this third March Thursday, and as I always do, I start off with a non-erotic "spinner" from the archives.

Today's Golden Oldie:
This work was posted in August of 2002, and I found this poem by smithpeter on the sixth spin. I seem to hit a lot of this late poet's work, but I guess that is to be expected since he had over 800 poems posted on Literotica under eight different names. Whoever he wrote as he wrote well and is missed.

Fuck Punctuation

here are words in order
meant as poems or jokes
there is lightening
there is low pain
doctors never grimace
they love us

in time
we know all
there is a place
***

I only recognize two familiar names on the "New Poems" list today, Steve Porter who gives us the factory of manufactured tears which seems a rather straight forward poem for Steve, whose work I always enjoy, and Gaia_Lorraine who presents another work of a non-traditional spiritual nature titled Garden of Eden. Both poems are worth your reading time.

***

With respect to poems by unfamiliar voices, you are on your own today. I find nothing new to bring to you. ~ Go and see, then get back to me.

***

standard fishy disclaimer:
Taste is always an individual thing so there certainly may be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
Last edited:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 18, 2006

two poems posted this day...

Waterfall by Baron Waste a walk into nature with mystical charm.

Supplication by tn_greeneyez an eroticlly submissive trail of words.


have a quality week ;)
 
03/20 Review has filled the morning with

More audio murmurs..have to brew another pot of coffee I can tell this already...while I listen to.. MistressJett © and a oral rhyme by LuciousBi-Writes4U ©..give them both an ear.....

*****
The first poem
Lunch time with my wife by KOLKORE
is a touching pen of isolation in ones own realm and missing the moments of a loving hand reaching out ..lovely images..

*****
Not many mates want to miss this chance of lemon love..ships in the night need to anchor those sails..Nice Pen ..
it's the little things by Liar © ALSO

Tonguel
by Liar © leaves his mark in every port...hum...great images ...crafted in Liar form...ty


*****
I love it when one takes time to dedicate their time and ink to another soul in service to others..Reminded me of the movie I just watched "The Constant Gardener"
those who sacrifice time and blood for others..I know she would love this..hats off!
Ms O - A Tribute by lindiana ©

*****
There you have it! many more to choose...go read for yourself...jump in if I forgot anything...have a cup of joe and relax... :rose: blue
 
03/20 Review has filled the morning with

More audio murmurs..have to brew another pot of coffee I can tell this already...while I listen to.. MistressJett © and a oral rhyme by LuciousBi-Writes4U ©..give them both an ear.....

*****
The first poem
Lunch time with my wife by KOLKORE
is a touching pen of isolation in ones own realm and missing the moments of a loving hand reaching out ..lovely images..

*****
Not many mates want to miss this chance of lemon love..ships in the night need to anchor those sails..Nice Pen ..
it's the little things by Liar © ALSO

Tonguel
by Liar © leaves his mark in every port...hum...great images ...crafted in Liar form...ty


*****
I love it when one takes time to dedicate their time and ink to another soul in service to others..Reminded me of the movie I just watched "The Constant Gardener"
those who sacrifice time and blood for others..I know she would love this..hats off!
Ms O - A Tribute by lindiana ©

*****
George Thorogood and beer diets by sandspike © um...sand is pulling out the big guns ..getting his bod into shape for all those beach bunnies...just watch out for those horny ole snowbirds... :)


There you have it! many more to choose...go read for yourself...jump in if I forgot anything...have a cup of joe and relax... :rose: blue
 
3-21

hi poets and readers of. another stab at relating to you those new additions which i found personally appealing.

27 new ones today, nine of which are illustrated. MistressJett has 4 posted today. Shrapnel was to me, the stongest of the 4, relaying a heavy message of emotion that we all feel sometimes.

neonurotic has two, one illustrated and one in the non-erotic catagory. Coffee Code is hard-hitting in a subtle way, a great image concealing some possible passive aggression? A Morning Love Poem returns us to neo's well-known passionate wordiness. A beautiful poem, it is.

Tristess puts A Bone in the Leg using some great great verb type stuff, this short poem describing a scene I've seen many times is put together awesomely. And Snapshots & Video from sonofmydad is today's hot sexy example of lusty poetry. I dig it!

Ok, there are my limited and elementary opinions, go see for yourself what appeals to you today. And if you like something, let the poet know. Being appreciated is a great muse.
enjoyed. ciao.
 
Just a reminder to anyone leaving public comments, etc... if you are stuck at the public comment window, wondering what kind of critique a new poet is looking for, you can always check out their roll call information here:

Roll Call


( I started the darn thing and still I always forget to check! )
 
Last edited:
Keep an eye out for this new (to lit) poet:

KOLKLORE

read up if you are looking for a change of pace, a new voice,
two poems so far, both catching.
 
Wednesday, 2006.03.22

I'm feeling particularly dim-witted this week and seem to have twisted a knee, which isn't helping. So I'll be brief.

Twelve new poems today, a mixture of experienced poets and new talent.

  • Rybka, perhaps awakening from winter's doldrums, posts his first poem in some time. The Equinox Experiment is a metrically true (iambic tetrameter, I think) end-rhymed piece that has to my ear a Wordsworthian sound. A nice example of how to write regular rhymed verse without forcing either the meter or the rhyme.
  • One of my favorite Lit poets, dorksicle, posts another of her characteristically quirky poems, Nostalgia. Check out this offering from one of our most interesting stylists.
There are only twelve new poems today, so by all means check them all out and tell me about the ones I missed.

Vote and comment, too, of course.

Later. Gotta find the ibuprofen.
 
New Poems of Thursday March 23, 2006

There are only 11 new submissions on this fourth Thursday in March and I find none of them really exceptional. But since there are only 11 you should take the time and go read them for yourself. Always remember that taste is an individual thing so there certainly may be poems out there that you will thoroughly enjoy. When you find one you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about it.

As I always do, I present a non-erotic "spinner" from the archives, a poem I do like.

Today's Blast from the Past:
This work was posted in January of 2004, and it took 4 spins to find this poem by BrokenSoul1000. This is just a short four lines that would be a good tag on a gift card to a lover.
A million stars

A million stars
That know your name
But only I
Perceive your flame
***

Please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

I am feeling a little burned out and under the weather at the moment, so this will be my last review of a day's poems for awhile. Thursday is now officially up for grabs. Somebody please step forward and tell us which poems you like and why we should go read them.

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
hey dear Rybka--

I will take thursdays for a while, till you feel better, okay?

and, I was in here to recommend that y'all read this new poet, Hikari.

I read both her new offerings and she shows a lot of promise, I believe. I dont possess the technical skills to offer solid advice, so maybe someone who has time could, if she wants it..her two poems are good though, just need tweaking, and who knows what will come o f her skills? She has NO problem getting her message across, very talented at expression...

heres the link to her page..



Hikari


thanks to nostalgy prince for pointing out my link was wrong ;)
 
Last edited:
New Poems Review sunday's open forum

Soldier by Gia_Lorraine...

a salute to this poem and a wonderful dedication.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annie Lennox and Bare Feet by sandspike

I just love going bare footed. This poem is sprinkled with sands poetic charm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryhme Fairy had two poems out this day,
I found favor with this poem... Beach Time Lovin'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tits...Tits...Tits by LuciousBi_Writes4U

What can I say, a tit lovers poem <grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

call me infitessimal by seannelson

this poem ended with a beat that was almost like a song. infitessimal = (the three dictionarys I use did not have this word)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and last but not least, a cute poem that I found to be filled with wit, humor and intelletually simple. <grin

We Must Be In Montana Now by Sex&Death

New Poems List

read poetry and have a wonderful week.
 
Last edited:
Good Mornin'

I ran across a poem I thought might need mentioned.
I love this poets thought process and witty turn of phrase.
... Heartfelt write here, imho~

Emoceans~ By dorksicle

Have a Great One ~

:rose:
 
Last edited:
Monday Reviews!

Is a short one for me in between jobs..could not read all but, two are at the front of my viewing as favorite poetess...
first..

surely this has happened to youby annaswirls ©


to loose the ancient warrior within like a lion sleeping with the lamb...nicely patterned and I couldn't fine one thing that wasn't unique...great pen...
**
and RF gives one a welcome to her caresses and warm love in

Ready For Bed?by RhymeFairy ©

another keeper...
**
tis all I have time for anyone else has an opinion ...let the ink flow..later...blue
 
Back
Top