Geek Pride Day! Official Support Thread

I've held back long enough....take this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

I had a feeling that was going to make an appearance sooner or later! :D

However, I would just point out that there is a difference between the Geek and Nerd subcultures. Although it is not all that unusual to see some cross-pollination, not all belonging to one subset will feel at home with the other. :cool:

Here's what Burr Settles (obviously Nerd) has to say about it.

Of course, if you just let the thing roll at the end of the video, then you get the end of the movie, where the nerds win.

The hilarious part, to me at least, is despite being both a Geek and a Nerd (and occasionally a Dork), I was also a Jock. :eek:

Basically a shorter version of Ogre.

Or maybe an athletic Ewok. Although, I will neither confirm nor deny any wild speculation about a specific linebacker who may or may not have yelled "Yub yub!" after particularly vicious hits. :eek:

I had a feeling that was going to make an appearance sooner or later! :D

However, I would just point out that there is a difference between the Geek and Nerd subcultures. Although it is not all that unusual to see some cross-pollination, not all belonging to one subset will feel at home with the other. :cool:

Just you explaining that puts you in the nerd category;)

I was the only kid who road a motorcycle to the D&D club a friend had started. :D

I was the only kid who road a motorcycle to the D&D club a friend had started. :D

My husband simplified that chart for me yeeeears ago: "Difference between Nerds and Geeks? Geeks get laid."

He was right about that...until this certified nerd leapt upon and wanted to lay the geek. Which I suppose made us both geeks that night.

I think he had the motorcycle and getting plastered in football (not baseball) in common with you, but discovered D&D hardcore going into the military. :D There's some chart-baffling irony for you.

I am an onion. I have layers.

And, no. Not a cake, so don't start that again! ;)

Kidding aside, I've started one that may or may not get finished out this time. The old brain in the jar gag I originally tried for GoldenMaia's "Spring Fling" a couple of years ago before either deleting or losing it.

But, I don't know. I'm really feeling the love for a gang of adventurers meeting up at an inn to go dungeon diving for some reason.

Or maybe going all "Spelljammer" cross-pollinated with a trans-dimensional rift trope to steal someone from Earth to right the various wrongs with their (as yet unnamed) world which has both magic and blasters...

Although, there is something to be said for the nerdette who sets out to build a better man and gets more than she bargained for from her robot's dual piston-driven dildo dongs. :devil:

I know there is still ten more days of the April Fools contest as well as Etaski and other being e-vited to the... What was this one again set to roll out next week? Mysteries wasn't it?

But, I figured that we could get the Geeks amongst us (and a few Nerds like Lovecraft68 :D) feeling the love for our Geekdom. Say rather that I was trying to self-motivate and got pranked (or punked) by Laurel into organizing.

Whether you choose to sound a battle cry here or lurk in the darkness like a leather-clad assassin waiting for the right moment to spring, if you are reading this, the e-vite was meant for you too to contribute to our mutual love of Geekdom in all it's myriad guises.

Or maybe going all "Spelljammer" cross-pollinated with a trans-dimensional rift trope to steal someone from Earth to right the various wrongs with their (as yet unnamed) world which has both magic and blasters...
SPELLJAMMER!!

From the nerdific genius of a very creative pal, I managed to fit an Astrosphinx into my setting through my necromancer's patron Greylord. :D

Therefore, every word you just said CAN be DONE!

Although, there is something to be said for the nerdette who sets out to build a better man and gets more than she bargained for from her robot's dual piston-driven dildo dongs. :devil:
ROFL! XD The visual!

I know there is still ten more days of the April Fools contest as well as Etaski and other being e-vited to the... What was this one again set to roll out next week? Mysteries wasn't it?
"Magical Mystery Tour" Event. :)

https://www.literotica.com/s/coming-soon-the-magical-mystery-tour

I've finished my Mystery-within-a-crime-investigation-within-an-erotic-horror/thriller". *ahem* There may also be a bit of the heart and soul of Geek Pride Day within the story as well. No, I didn't overdo it. ;D

Whether you choose to sound a battle cry here or lurk in the darkness like a leather-clad assassin waiting for the right moment to spring, if you are reading this, the e-vite was meant for you too to contribute to our mutual love of Geekdom in all it's myriad guises.
CHAARRRRRGE!

You might need to nag Clearwater directly - you know he has a lot in common with kittens at Christmas...
Indeed, I might. Though I understand he may only need to be tied up by a naked, mud-covered, and mildly psychopathic Elf-woman to focus. How hard can it be? :D

"Back in the basket, kittens!"

Indeed, I might. Though I understand he may only need to be tied up by a naked, mud-covered, and mildly psychopathic Elf-woman to focus. How hard can it be? :D

He may still be recovering from beta reading the only GM scene I've written which is pretty much a violent hate fuck featuring a guy who hates that he likes lady boys and pretty much takes it out on the lady boy...:eek:

He may still be recovering from beta reading the only GM scene I've written which is pretty much a violent hate fuck featuring a guy who hates that he likes lady boys and pretty much takes it out on the lady boy...:eek:

Christ on a bike, LC, that's cruel. No wonder he's a gibbering wreck right now.

Check with John Ringo to see if Bast is available. She pretty well fits that description. :cool:

I'm writing a SciFi tale right now that could be ready for that show, but my story isn't nearly geeky enough. I'll try to get it out earlier.

Ah, the familiar "denial becomes compulsion becomes self-loathing to commit murder"... *sad shake* Don't think that particular darkness is different whether it's straight or gay.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Maria Brink songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurkREc-q4I

"Let me tell you something, baby
You love me for everything you hate me for."

Love that woman, and her rock-scream voice.

Poor Jase, though. Maybe that's when the plushy blankets and hot drinks come out, instead. Psychopathic Elf women can wait. :D

Ah, the familiar "denial becomes compulsion becomes self-loathing to commit murder"... *sad shake* Don't think that particular darkness is different whether it's straight or gay.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Maria Brink songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurkREc-q4I

"Let me tell you something, baby
You love me for everything you hate me for."

Love that woman, and her rock-scream voice.

Poor Jase, though. Maybe that's when the plushy blankets and hot drinks come out, instead. Psychopathic Elf women can wait. :D

That song, and Maria even more so flat out rocks, love her. Had this song in my mind when I wrote parts of my BDSM novel Black Friday.

Check with John Ringo to see if Bast is available. She pretty well fits that description. :cool:
There Will Be Dragons. Great title about a fantasy book rediscovering war. :D

Hmm. I've liked most depictions of Bast...will have to try this one.

Christ on a bike, LC, that's cruel. No wonder he's a gibbering wreck right now.

No, he's out back practicing with his Vollmer VK-12 before we head out.... he has not time to gibber, because if he does, Chloe is gonna kick his ass....

I’ve already got an idea involving a couple of guys who are Tolkien/Star Wars fanboys in the early ‘90s.

I’ll put it in First Time; it’ll be about how they lost their virginity.

They’ll be 34 years old...

No, he's out back practicing with his Vollmer VK-12 before we head out.... he has not time to gibber, because if he does, Chloe is gonna kick his ass....

Damn Goddamn Straight. There is no gibbering. There is only carnage. I've ended many a life with the VK-12. Mostly when two other players are busy murdering each other and low on health, where I drop down from the behind the second story pot plant and finish both of them off with a few shotgun blasts to the face. It's a perfectly valid strategy.

Indeed, I might. Though I understand he may only need to be tied up by a naked, mud-covered, and mildly psychopathic Elf-woman to focus.

I mean. That would help. You know. If any psychopathic elf-woman was of a mind to help a guy concentrate...

I could be into it I have had a fantasy thing in my head for a little while now and writer's block happening in my current series. Might be a good excuse for a change of pace :)
See how I go for time :)

Nice idea Puck-it Thanks :)

I won't write anything for this but some great material should be posted. Looking forward to other's submissions. Hope all are ready to roll for initiative.

I too conflated geeks, nerds, and dorks (though I wasn't considering the last). Trekkies seem to fit the geek mold. It's not enough ton merely invoke Super-Science; it must be the life of the subject. Then when she or he accidentally invents a Sex Ray, everything comes together, or falls apart, or whatever.

Just to clarify: this is for real-world smut about geeks too, right? Not just dragonfuckers from Planet Zorg?

Like, I hope I’m not the only one sketching out a dirty story with mere human nerds. If not, I might need to rethink this and uncork a Spaceman Spiff celebrity story...

Just to clarify: this is for real-world smut about geeks too, right? Not just dragonfuckers from Planet Zorg?

Like, I hope I’m not the only one sketching out a dirty story with mere human nerds. If not, I might need to rethink this and uncork a Spaceman Spiff celebrity story...

I was pondering this, too, and I'm hoping either qualifies. I'd like to read some stories about Geeks in "real life" being their geeky selves.

I'd also like to read that particular, bizarre concoction of Stylized Geekery that can be seen in any of the indulgent fantasy fiction that geeks write.

Hell, some of the best "fan-made" movies about D&D I've seen tell a story within a story. You're in this ridiculous fantasy tale, then something happens to break the fourth wall, and you're suddenly sitting at the table with a bunch of geeks arguing over the rules. ("You can't backstab someone with a Ballista!" / "Where in the rules does it say I can't??")

Or, God! This one is too real:

"You know what? Fine. Fucking fine. Roll Diplomacy to seduce the Dragon.
You sick fucks."

Please let us know if there's one favored over the other? :D

Back