Anyone from Iowa?

Wow

Thread is hopping. Must be Spring and everyone is in heat. I know I am

Yeah

An a iowa lit get together. Yeah. That’s not gonna happen!

Born and raised in Iowa. Lived in MN for a bit but have recently relocated back to IA.

Anyone in 515 or zip 50312? Very new transplant.

I can't be the only person here in DES area. I am here only for a few months. I could use a little help. Where can I get a good bar burger and a beer? Where is the best pizza place? Any good sushi places?

PM if you don't want to post.

I've been here a few weeks sitting in a huge empty house (rented for me by a patients family) with a new bed and a small-ish TV. All the other bedrooms are empty and some of the bathrooms are outlandish. The only person I talk to (outside of work) is the Italian maid. I speak no Italian and she speaks no English. Many nods and awkward smiles. Now that I think more about it, she may not be speaking Italian. Possibly any other ethnicity which is fine but I still don't know a thing she is saying and I smile and nod and she smiles and nods. All this smiling and nodding has made no change in my situation.

I work many uneven hours but I'd like to get out for a meal instead of eating in the hospital ev-er-y - fuck-ing meal.

Not looking for hookup - but then again....

Whatever - I need to eat! So please throw down your recommendations!

Thanks

I can't be the only person here in DES area. I am here only for a few months. I could use a little help. Where can I get a good bar burger and a beer? Where is the best pizza place? Any good sushi places?

I've been here a few weeks sitting in a huge empty house (rented for me by a patients family) with a new bed and a small-ish TV. All the other bedrooms are empty and some of the bathrooms are outlandish. The only person I talk to (outside of work) is the Italian maid. I speak no Italian and she speaks no English. Many nods and awkward smiles. Now that I think more about it, she may not be speaking Italian. Possibly any other ethnicity which is fine but I still don't know a thing she is saying and I smile and nod and she smiles and nods. All this smiling and nodding has made no change in my situation.

I work many uneven hours but I'd like to get out for a meal instead of eating in the hospital ev-er-y - fuck-ing meal.

Thanks

Sam & Louie's has great pizza and sandwiches in Clive. Fong's Pizza does too.

I don't have a favorite burger place, so I try them all. :D

Go to the I-Cubs if you can. Great entertainment and lively.

Thanks

Zombie burger is kinda cool, decent burgers but the fried Brussels sprouts are best.

Smokey D’s is the BEST BBQ, don’t waste your time or money on Jethros especially if you like brisket.

Spectators in Altoona has the best Mac and cheese and cornbread.

Bar Louis over by Jordan Creek has delicious tortilla soup.

Fuzzy’s Tacos in downtown is probably my favorite place to eat.

Hope this little list helps. I live nearby but not in the 515.

Zombie burger is kinda cool, decent burgers but the fried Brussels sprouts are best.

Smokey D’s is the BEST BBQ, don’t waste your time or money on Jethros especially if you like brisket.

Spectators in Altoona has the best Mac and cheese and cornbread.

Bar Louis over by Jordan Creek has delicious tortilla soup.

Fuzzy’s Tacos in downtown is probably my favorite place to eat.

Hope this little list helps. I live nearby but not in the 515.

Sam & Louie's has great pizza and sandwiches in Clive. Fong's Pizza does too.

I don't have a favorite burger place, so I try them all. :D

Go to the I-Cubs if you can. Great entertainment and lively.

Thank you very much for the suggestions! I truly appreciate this information.

Not from Iowa but I'm down in Missouri, doesn't seem to be much activity from Missouri on here either.

New to Iowa City

Just found this thread after moving to Iowa City about 6 months ago. Was wondering if there was much chatter on here as other places I've lived tended to be more active on reddit and the now gone craigslist.

Good to see this thread and nice to get to know some of you through reading these messages.

Des Moines area here. West Des Moines to be exact. Moved back a couple of years ago after a long absence and love being back.

Back