What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work with a very autistic young man who lives in his own world much of the time. Today was different, today he chose to interact with me in a way that was fun to him, and for the first time in a year of working with him, I saw him laugh until tears came, I saw the biggest ear splitting smile on his face, and it lasted for 30 mins before the walls came down again. I love my job!

I work with a very autistic young man who lives in his own world much of the time. Today was different, today he chose to interact with me in a way that was fun to him, and for the first time in a year of working with him, I saw him laugh until tears came, I saw the biggest ear splitting smile on his face, and it lasted for 30 mins before the walls came down again. I love my job!

Fantastic story! How rewarding for both of you. :rose:

My smile? I swear L and I have the best landlord karma possible. With a few minor exceptions, we have always been treated so well, and so kindly, by the folks we rent from. Our current landlords have gone above and beyond to help us out and make us feel welcome, including an open invitation to raid their delicious garden!

Meanwhile, back in Nelson, our landlord there agreed (very happily) to let us sublet our suite while we're on the island. That takes a HUGE financial strain off us.

Good people abound and I am grateful. :)

HUZZAH!

Pop the bubbly and give us details!

(Ain't it a great feeling?)

Thanks. I don't want to give too much away, but I'd be suspicious of the butler, if you get my drift.

Actually, this is a work project that I started this spring and that I hope to self-publish before the end of summer. It's a book about teaching, sort of.

Yay! :nana:

Well done :D xx

Awesome! And that story made me smile. :)

I belong to a historic re-enactment group. Today a good friend of mine got a Big Deal award and official recognition for several years of hard work and service. Whee!

Thanks. I don't want to give too much away, but I'd be suspicious of the butler, if you get my drift.

Actually, this is a work project that I started this spring and that I hope to self-publish before the end of summer. It's a book about teaching, sort of.

Cool, hey you might want to check out ACX. This is Amazon/Audible's new indie audio book venture. There are a lot of narrators listed on there, it's a growing business, and a guy with a mellifluous voice might do well. Just a thought. ;)

http://www.acx.com/

My writing partner and I are going to do a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for an (good quality) ACX audio book of Warpworld. I have a really good feeling the audio book market is going to boom.

Some days you can actually palpate your life efforts paying off. Today was one of those days for me.

Last edited:
A while back J bought some candy online that you can't get in any stores here. He's been eating them little by little, really savoring them, and been completely obsessed with them. It's some childhood thing, a stroll down the memory lane of Grand Canaria ca. 1988 or someting.

So today, I'm in the bedroom, listening to music with my headphones on and completely concentrated on writing. I hear the front door open when J comes home from work, but keep on writing because I was in a perfect headspace for that. Less than a minute after I had heard the door, J comes and knocks on my shoulder, his face looking really panicky. My heart immediately leaps into my throat, because clearly something awful has happened.

J: Where's the candy jar? It's not on the living room table where I left it!
me: It's on the kitchen counter, I put it there when I was cleaning earlier today.
J: Good, good, I was really worried. *walks away looking relieved*

One of those "you had to be there" comedic gems. I was certain somebody had died, and in reality he was just worried I had eaten his special order candy. And it was the first thing he said to me when he got home. :rolleyes:

One of those "you had to be there" comedic gems. I was certain somebody had died, and in reality he was just worried I had eaten his special order candy. And it was the first thing he said to me when he got home. :rolleyes:

I totally relate to this. If someone had moved my dark chocolate while I lived on The Rock? Oh man...I would have probably called 911.

I can't believe that series didn't include what I have long considered one of THE most iconic tennis faces of the past 50 years! (Monica Seles, for those not a fan of women's tennis.)

THAT is the face I would have made if I'd found out someone took my chocolate. *See above.

We had a good laugh at work as I tried to encourage our telephone operators to answer everyone's call except their managers - and forward any call from their manager to my cell phone, where I would answer in different voices and languages. I then did some of the voices and languages, much to their amusement.

I belong to a historic re-enactment group. Today a good friend of mine got a Big Deal award and official recognition for several years of hard work and service. Whee!

I've wanted to join one of these groups for ages. If nothing else I'd have more people to make pretties for.

Still not at the point where I feel comfortable joining alone. Especially since corsets are a bitch to lace by ones ownsome. :eek:

1) I discovered today that The Men might be right... I might just have an aptitude for this new job thingie.

2) I discovered today that I am capable of squealing over the new job thingie particulars, just as much as I do when playing with lingerie.

3) Simeone at the new job thingie has already jokingly described my enthusiasm as "orgasmic"... Which would be why The Men (and others) all encouraged me to take the job. :eek:

Just a few more 14[+] hour days, and one chapter will close as another opens. I really, really, really hope things work out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back