Can female domination addiction/fetishes be overcome?

The reason I care is, I don't want to be a pervert. I really don't. And yes, I DO care what other people think of me. For a long time I believed that "oh, it's just a kink, alternative sexuality, or whatever, it's healthy and okay" but it seems like a lot of people think female domination fantasies are some pathological condition only slightly less repugnant than pedophilia- and I never want to be lumped in with that.

So you think you are something better?

I also really don't ever want to judge what people are into.

Actually it seems you have no problem with that. You are just a whiny hypocrite.
 
If it disrupts your life, then don't let it come to the surface.

But don't let it die. Cherish it in solitude.

That would be my advice.
 
Interests do change over time.

Many men, including myself, have wandered over the thought territory you're in now. It's not unusual.

Generally I'd guess that each "I must have it" interest would narrow your possible candidates for partners. But being in a relationship where your emotional needs are met and you can talk openly about your interests might be enough to live with them, even if they aren't always realized in every encounter.

If you're feeling overpowered by your desires, that might be a sign to your own sense of self that things are out of balance and you need some tools to help yourself handle it...reason things. Sexual addiction is real and it's probably destructive...even if people tend to look at it as some sort of "human right". That might be therapy and talking to a stranger about it, or it might just be reading a few books on the subject. It depends upon how you assimilate information and apply it, hold yourself accountable. Being in a relationship is difficult when you're out of control or have no sense of value...emotional boundaries...can distinguish between fun and abuse, etc.

I should go...or maybe I have...read your stories. I'd probably enjoy them. And damn...if I wrote down the stuff in my head at times, I'm sure I'd have the same kinds of response.

The shame/purge cycle can be torture. Not much reason to punish yourself for things you want that you didn't choose. But I don't think there's anything wrong with using your head to decide what's best, either. I'm sure however, that there are a lot of stories of "I hid that away" and it worked for a while.
 
Back
Top