Pursued and Wooed - Closed for wombat9966

Amelia was embarrassed that he asked her this with her whole family sitting there. She loved Connor even more than she did before and that was because of the letter they wrote each other. She knows him better now than she did before and has learned so much about the type of person he is. But how is she to say all that in front of her family, she had to respond just had to keep it a bit more reserved.

“Yes, Connor, I will definitely be your wife, my feelings have not changed they became stronger.” Amelia said blushingly.

As Connor put the ring on her finger she was sure he could hear her heart beating so fast. She wished they were alone so he could take her in his arms and kiss her like they did in England. How she wanted to feel his lips opening hers and his body pressed against her, his arms holding her tight. She licked her lips as those thoughts ran through her head, her eyes meeting his and the warmth spreading through her body. Her breathing started coming faster and all she could think about is what it would be like to be married to Connor and sharing a bed. She shook her head slightly as she saw him smiling at her, it was almost as if he knew what she was thinking, but she knew that was impossible. She smiled back and blushed again.
 
Now that she had his ring on her finger Connor had formed a small but somewhat powerful psychic bond with his bride to be that would only grow stronger the longer they were around each other and the closer they became in body and soul. Of course at the moment it was all one way but from the thoughts he had picked up if she had her way, the bond would soon be becoming a lot stronger and she would soon be able to pick up any unguarded surface thoughts he had. Of course he had centuries of practice guarding his thoughts so she would only probably sense his emotions.

Turning to her Father and Mother he bowed low. "I trust we now have your full blessings Admiral or should I now say your Governorship as you have officially begun your duties. I will of course continue to pursue the matter in a gentlemanly manner but if you do not object and if Amelia does not I would prefer if the engagement is not a long one. Say a few months at the most. Believe me sir there is no reason for the haste except for the fact that I am deeply in love with your daughter and after being away from her for four months at sea I can't bear to be apart for too much longer when she is actually but a horse ride away. I will of course expect a chaperone on all or future dates and have no objections to her Brother being one if you so wish." He nodded to James and smiled. "I am glad to see that the voyage has left you looking well my friend."
 
“Well Connor, I have no objections. I have seen how my daughter was so happy when you figured out a way to keep communication with her through the voyage and how much she looked forward to getting your letters. I also saw how much time she put into responding back to you and noticed a few times how thick her letters were. I was surprised that the bird was able to fly at times!” Governor Walker said laughingly. “I would say that the answer to that would be up to Amelia and her mother and if they could put together a wedding that would meet with their approval in such a short time.”

“Well, that depends on Amelia actually and her wedding dress. I have my dress with me that we could alter and change a bit if she would like or we could have a brand new one made. Either way we have to find an excellent seamstress who is very diligent and proud of her work.” Mrs. Walker replied. She looked over at Amelia and saw the excitement and anticipation in her daughter’s face. “I am sure we can figure out something. Would three months be okay? I know you would like two, but I am not sure we could get everything ready in two and even three may be pushing it a bit. Not knowing much about this area puts us at a disadvantage time wise. If we were still in England I would say we could probably do it in two, but we are not in England. I will get started on finding the proper people…. That is if Amanda is okay with marrying you in such a short amount of time.” Her mother said jokingly.

“Oh yes, yes, as soon as possible! And I would love to wear your wedding dress Mother. I used to dream of it when I was a little girl. It won’t be as big of a wedding as it would have been in England since I don’t have any friends here, but that is okay as long as I have you!” Amanda said as she looked at Connor.

“The way she keeps looking at him may make my chaperoning a bit more challenging.” James teased and winked at his sister.

“Well, looks like we will be having a wedding in three months’ time. Let’s get things moving!” Governor Walker stated as he shook Connor’s hand.
 
Connor grinned as he shook Governor Walker's hand. He could wait three months if that was how long it took to make Amanda happy, but he could also help proceedings along a little as well. "If Amelia and her mother would permit me I would be glad to send a member of my household over. Her name is Florence. She is originally from France and she is an excellent seamstress and dressmaker. One of the reason's I brought her with me in fact, the other being she is an excellent cook. I am sure she would be willing to help you both in redesigning your dress and altering it with you."

He smiled at Amelia. "As for guests my dear, you will be amazed at how many new friends the Governors daughter and the head trader will make in three months. Why I will be surprised if at least half the town doesn't turn out for your wedding. I will have to find out what delicacies the local hunters recommend of course and stockpile them just for this event."

Turning to James he shook the young man's hand. "Now James, you know I would never do anything to destroy Amelia's reputation. Well at least not where you could see anyway," he whispered the last part into his ear as he leaned closer and then stood back and smiled at the boy.

He returned to the couch but this time sat next to Amelia and allowed his knee to rub up against hers and grabbed her hand and gave it a little squeeze before retrieving his piece of chocolate cake. "I will have to inspect the town and set up my shop first, but I would like to invite you out to dinner very soon my dear. I would say give me four days and then I will send a man over with a time and place. If there are no decent restaurants would my own place be acceptable?" he asked.
 
Last edited:
“Yes, please send Florence around in the morning and we can talk to her about the dress and discuss alterations, thank you Connor,” said Amelia’s mother. “Please excuse me, but I think I am going to call it a night.” She gave everyone a kiss on the cheek before she left the room.

“Well, I have a busy day tomorrow and have a few more things I have to finish in my office before I can call it a night. Please excuse me everyone and glad to see you made it here safely Connor,” Amelia’s father stated before heading to his office across the hall.

James picked up a book and crossed to the other side of the room to read it. He knew he couldn’t leave them alone, but he could at least give them as much privacy as possible. He liked Connor and knew he would do nothing to tarnish his sister’s good name.

“The ring is beautiful Connor. It matches my necklace,” Amelia said as she tried not to think about his knee touching hers. Her tongue darted out to wet her lips and she thought about how much she would like to kiss him again to find out if it was as good as she imagined or had she made it all up. “I am not sure about the restaurants in town, but I do know I would love to see your house, if that is acceptable.” Amelia admitted. She hoped it wasn’t too forward saying that she wanted to be in his house, but it wasn’t like they would be there alone, his staff and James would all be there.
 
Connor smiled at her. Good she was actually coming to love him. Perhaps he was finding someone he could spend eternity with. "Well then I will have to hope that no one has set up any decent restaurants yet and that we are left with no better options. I promise you that not only is Florence a magician when it comes to a needle and thread she is also one in the kitchen. Along with my staff I am sure they will be able to whip us up something with the local cuisine although we will probably have to attune our taste buds to whatever is on offer here. I have heard there are a lot of different food stuffs here that we do not get in England and Vice Versa. For example have you ever heard of Corn. My local people swear by it and say it is a remarkable vegetable and the taste is exquisite. Also instead of cow they eat a beast called Buffalo although they do not get many this far south. Instead they have white tailed deer down here just like at home and lots of different varieties of fish both fresh water and from the sea."

He allowed his hand to come to rest on her knee and he caressed her leg as they continued talking. "I know we will not have much time alone Amelia what with your Brother watching us closely and all but what time we do have I am sure we can make it pleasant and enjoyable together. I know I have been longing to see you again after four months of not laying eyes on you and please do not think that earlier I was being distant. It was just that if I had looked on you too much I was afraid I would not have been able to control myself and I needed time to calm myself before beholding your beauty again. Do not worry though my love I will give no one cause to doubt your virtue before our wedding night," he smiled at her.

He leaned in close and kissed her chastely on the cheek with James keeping careful watch on him. He whispered so only she could hear,"No matter how much I may wish it other wise," and he pulled back like nothing had happened. "I believe I had best be going Amelia. I do not want to keep you up too late or your brother stuck in this room guarding us all night. I will be in touch in four days and Florence will be here just after lunch tomorrow to discuss plans for your dress." He stood up and again took her hand and bowed over it kissing it delicately. "Until then my beloved I will bid you a goodnight." He backed away then turned and nodding at James he made his way to the front door he was let out were his horse was already waiting for him. He mounted and with a last look towards the house and a wave he began the trip back to his house.
 
Florence arrived the next day and she was an amazing seamstress and designer! She gave some excellent ideas for alterations to the gown that would look wonderful on Amelia. She also said she would make some nice new dresses for her to wear after she is married. They also discussed food and the wedding cake. Florence said she has already talked with many of the merchants in town and knows who she would trust to help her get this all put together and ready in time for the wedding. She also took Mrs. Walker’s measurements and said she would have a dress made for her that would not only be suitable for a mother of the bride, but also for a lady of her position in the town.

Preparations for the wedding made the days fly by. There were so many things to discuss: decorations, food, guest list (they decided to invite the whole town), seating arrangements, and find a person to marry them! Amelia had talked to a preacher, a priest, and a rabbi, they all were very nice, but now she had to talk to Connor and have him talk to them also to see which one he would prefer. She didn’t even know if he followed a certain religion. She sent a message with each of the names to Connor so he could set up a meeting with them and they could discuss when they had dinner together.

Next thing she knew four days had gone by and Connor was supposed to be getting in touch with her about their dinner date! She was so excited to see him again. She knew James would be there, but he also was very nice about giving them a little bit of space. She had picked out a special dress to wear just for Connor, it was a bit lower than normal, but she would just put a piece of lace across the front until she was out of her parents view, then she would remove it. She wanted to see how Connor would react to a little glimpse of what he will be getting once they are married.
 
Connor had been busy. He had seen that the little shop that he had now would not suit his plans for what he had in mind for his vision of his new venture. Luckily there was plenty of space around it and at the moment if you had the tools, resources and the will, you could do whatever you wanted, within reason with regards to building a business.

He was also fortunate that the weather lived up to it's reputation. It was indeed gloomy here a lot of the time, and he and the few vampires he had brought with him had little problems remaining outside most of the time. Their superior strength and speed enabled them to chop lumber, make planks and build the extension to the building he wanted in a fraction of the time it would have taken humans. Of course their ghouls also had increased strength and speed, nowhere near a vampires but at least double that of a normal human and that helped too. In 3 days his new store was almost complete. It was twice the size and it had a shed attached where he would sell wood and tools. Inside he would sell everything from food to furniture and have a mail service back to England. He would also have an order service for any goods he could not stock like dresses, hats, specialty foods etc. As soon as he had established the fleet, he hoped to have a turnaround of about two months on orders. He would also have to establish land routes to other colonies here as well as a few coastal boats to run up and down to trade goods. He was especially interested in this product called tobacco.

For now though things had been going well. He had gotten Amelia's list of religious men and had talked to each of them. Frankly he found the Christian minister pompous and full of himself, but the priest and the Rabbi where very decent men. Of course the Priest was a young man as they always seemed to be in these far off places and eager to convert as many people as he could, but he was also willing to accept that there were things his religion could not fully explain. A remarkable attitude in one so young and very refreshing. It didn't shake his faith though and Connor commended him for his faith.
The Rabbi was a good middle aged man and wise. They discussed religion for a while and then other things. Connor genuinely liked the man. He would have no objections to either the Priest or the Rabbi marrying them it would be up to Amelia.

On the fourth day he sent word that he would send a coach for her and James at 7 to bring them to his house for dinner. He had been unable to find a decent place in town that would rival Florence's cooking and she would be honored to cook for her. He hoped that would be acceptable but if it was not other arrangements could be made. The young footman who had delivered the message waited by the front door for her reply so he could tell his master.
 
Last edited:
Amelia informed the footman to let Connor know that she and James would be honored to join him for dinner and would be ready promptly at 7 pm. So Amelia worked on some more wedding preparations until it was time to get ready. She went upstairs and soaked in the rose scented water that was waiting for her. She pinned up her hair and had just a few tendrils hanging. The dress she chose was a nice dark peach color that showed off her skin and of course she tucked in an ivory colored kerchief to cover her cleavage, for now. She put on her necklace that hung delicately around her slender neck. As James knocked on her door to tell her it was time, she pinched her cheeks and then left her room. Her parents saw them off and told them to have a good time. Her father made sure to remind James the responsibilities of being a chaperone. When the carriage pulled away Amelia quietly turned away from James slightly and pulled the kerchief out of her dress to expose her cleavage. The rest of the ride she tried to keep her chest turned away from James so he wouldn’t notice and say something. When they arrived and he went to help her out of the carriage he noticed how much of her was showing, but before he could say something Amelia walked right past him and up to the front door where Connor was awaiting their arrival.

“Good evening Connor, I am looking forward to seeing your house. I have been looking forward to this day very much.” Amelia stated as she approached Connor.
 
Connor watched Amelia walking up the path to his porch and then as she got to the small ring of light afforded by the lanterns his eyes widened a little. She was being daring tonight by exposing the top of her breasts to his eyes. Obviously she had hidden this from her parents in some way before she left, and her brother in the carriage on their way over or she would not be here now. Well he would play along with her, and enjoy the view while pretending not to pay it to much notice until the moment was right.

"Amelia I hope your journey over was pleasant enough," he said leaning down and kissing her outstretched hand, As he straightened up he gave her breasts a long look and her a knowing smile, then he turned to James who was just now making it to her side and had missed the whole exchange. "James an Honor as always. So good of you to give up an evening for our sakes. I have arranged you some dinner company so you will not be too bored as Amelia and I catch up and talk about wedding plans. I left your last date back in London I am afraid but I hope you find this one just as engaging," he smiled. "Now come and I will show you around my home before dinner."

Connor led them inside and showed them the house starting with the study, then the drawing room, lounge, pointing out the kitchen area and telling them about the bedrooms upstairs as he led them towards the dining room. "There are also some small garden areas out the back that have not been tended to in a little while that I have yet to examine. Florence has informed me that the vegetable gardens can be saved with a little work but I will have to see how bad the actual gardens are before I see whether to start again or salvage them."

He led them to a beautiful room dominated by a large table easily able to seat twelve people but tonight it was set for four. No place was set at the head instead two places were set opposite each other. "Amelia we will sit on the right and James you and Naomi will sit on the left." As if her name had been a summons a lovely red headed girl walked into the room and bowed to Connor and then to James.
"Hello Sir. I have the pleasure of being your Date for this evening. My name is Naomi and at the moment I am studying under lady Florence as a seamstress and she is also graciously teaching me how to cook. I am nowhere as good as her however."
Connor again saw James eyes light up and he smiled as he knew Amelia and he would be able to talk in private a bit this evening and maybe even be able to get a bit of private time together.

Florence brought out a steaming silver tureen of soup. "First course is served. Seafood chowder."
 
Dinner was amazing! After the seafood chowder, Florence had prepared some of the corn that was native to this area. She had put lots of butter on it as she had been told by some of the people around here who have cooked and eaten it. She also made some venison steaks and some mashed potatoes. To finish off the meal she made some blueberry cobbler since blueberries were plentiful in this area. With each food that was brought out the different aromas filled the room and they all mingled together so delightfully. There was a nice white wine served with the dessert that seemed to make the blueberries taste even sweeter! After dinner they took their wine into the drawing room where a nice fire was started. James was totally infatuated with Naomi and didn’t even notice if Amelia and Connor were in the room.

“Wow, he seems totally taken by Naomi. You certainly know how to pick out the girls that would get James’ attention.” Amelia smiled shyly. She was a bit nervous now that James was not really paying attention to her and Connor. She totally trusted Connor to be a gentleman, but wasn’t so sure she trusted herself to be a lady.
 
"Well I thought if we were going to be talking about things privately he ought to have someone to talk to dearest," Connor smiled. He moved slightly closer to her on the couch until they were almost touching. "Now first things first. Florence tells me things are going well with your dress." At her gasp he held his hands up. "Do not worry my dear, she has said nothing about the design only that you look stunning in it and I will be a lucky man. She has also ordered a few things from England that will arrive in time so do not worry about that and assure your mother on that account as well. I must also discuss something with you. As you know I am from Scotland and a Lord there. As such for formal occasions I am expected to wear my formal attire which is full Tartan kilt and such my dear. I can forgo the claymore sword of course as it's a wedding but I do need your opinion on the rest. I will get married in something different for you my dear but I will leave it to you." He smiled at her. "I will tell you though that I am a proper Scotsman so there will be nothing under that kilt," he chuckled.

"As for who presides over the wedding I don't care as long as it is not that Christian Minister. That man is a pompous ass. If you need anything else for the wedding do not feel like you have to do it all on your own. My men and I are here to help you, and we are exceedingly good at building things and getting the little jobs done. We are also good at hunting so do not worry about the meat side of things for the meal. We will be providing that and Florence is keeping an eye out for where wild food is growing so we may be able to harvest that as well. You My dear just worry about yourself and the important things."

He smiled at her and looked at her hungrily. "Now let's discuss this rather risky dress you are wearing. Did you do this just for me, or did it make you feel good as well?"
 
Amelia blushed when Connor said he would not be wearing anything under his kilt. “Um, your kilt is fine” she stammered. “I kind of like the priest since I know nothing about the Jewish faith. As for my dress being risky, it isn’t any riskier than what other women are wearing. My parents just don’t keep up with fashion and have always made me dress like a fully covered nun! I did want to get your reaction so I would be able to tell if this is something you would mind me wearing or not. I have to admit it was kind of thrilling when I took the kerchief out in the carriage. I was so nervous that James would notice before we got here and either demand I put it back or have the carriage turn around. I hope he doesn’t say anything when we get home, but I doubt he will or father will want to know why he allowed me to stay after such behavior.” Amelia giggled nervously.

Her heart was beating faster as his leg had brushed against hers a few times while they talked. Amelia wrung her hands nervously in her lap afraid to look at Connor and lose all her composure.

“Are you going to kiss me again like you did before?” she whispered hesitantly.
 
Connor smiled at her. "Why Amelia, you are getting bolder aren't you. However I am yours to command. I will kiss you any way you want and once we are married I will be showing you a lot more ways two people can kiss, and a lot more things besides that, but for now we will have to satisfy ourselves with this."

He took a quick look over at James and Naomi but the girl had used a slight bit of Mesmer on the boy as he had asked and he would focus on her exclusively for as long as she wished. She flashed him a quick smile and he returned to looking at Amelia. He moved so he was sitting completely next to her, their bodies touching one another, then he grabbed her hips and leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. He continued doing this for several minutes before he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her against him and crushing her chest against his and he began to kiss her more deeply, opening his mouth slightly and licking her lips with his tongue waiting for her to allow it entry into hers. His hands roamed up and down her back, massaging it through the cloth of her dress as best he could.

Finally her mouth opened and his tongue snaked it's way inside and wrapped around hers, licking along it's length and then exploring the inside of her mouth. He saw her eyes widen then she began to return his kisses. One of his hands snaked around her body and began to gently caress the swell of her ripe breast before moving up to the part she had exposed and tracing it with a finger. He broke their kisses and looked her deep in the eye as his finger moved closer and closer to the edge of her dress. "Just think I could peek in here right now and I don't think you would mind." His finger moved across to the swell of her other breast though and continued swirling around. "However I prefer to wait. The anticipation make it that much sweeter. However on our wedding night my dear we give ourselves fully to one another, Agreed?"
 
Amelia couldn’t believe what she was allowing Connor to do, but it all felt so good. Her heart was beating rapidly and she was very nervous when his tongue slipped inside her mouth! She had never had anyone put their tongue in her mouth before, so at first she was shocked, but then she started to enjoy it and decided to explore his mouth with her tongue also. She didn’t even realize his hand moved to the front of her until he broke off their kiss and she could feel the heat wherever he touched. When Connor moved his finger closer to the edge of her dress, Amelia was frightened but also excited. She wondered what it would be like to feel Connor’s hand on her breasts. They were aching for him to release them from the dress but then he said, “However I prefer to wait. The anticipation makes it that much sweeter. However on our wedding night my dear we will give ourselves fully to one another, agreed?”

“Um, yeah, I guess so”, Amelia replied, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice. “Maybe James and I should be going.” Amelia was embarrassed that she allowed Connor to touch her in such ways. She hoped he didn’t think she allowed others to touch her that way.

“Connor, I want you to know that what happened here tonight had never happened with anyone else ever before. I don’t want you to think you are marrying a loose woman.” Amelia explained blushing.
 
"My dear Amelia, I know very well what sort of woman you are and that you would never allow another man to ever get this close to you without you landing a blow on him before he had actually gotten this close to you," Connor chuckled. "Never fear for your honor while I am around my dear. I know the line to go up to and the one never to cross."

He escorted her to the door and glanced over at Naomi and she casually brought James over like nothing was going on. "Thank you very much for Chaperoning us tonight James. If you had not agreed then Amelia and myself could never be together. Would you be willing to do it again a few more times before the wedding." He saw James glance over at Naomi who was making coy eyes at him and knew he was hooked.

"I do believe I could find it in my heart to accompany my sister here on a few other occasions or stroll along with you to keep you out of mischief. Perhaps you could find me some company so I am not so bored on these outings though?" he asked quietly.

"Why my dear chap of course. Perhaps Naomi would care to join us each time. This is her first time overseas and she has yet to make friends in the village. Perhaps you could actually introduce her around as we walk."

He smiled as he saw James try to hide a large smile. Turning back to Amelia he leaned down and brushed his lips over her hand. "Until we can meet again." He led them too their coach and lifted her up easily into it, then waited until she poked her head out again and gave her a quick kiss. "Don't forget about your veil across your breasts on your dress," he whispered just before they pulled out. He waved them down the driveway then walked back inside, He had things to plan.
 
Over the next few months Connor and Amelia saw each other as much as possible, but with the wedding plans and Connor getting his new business in order it wasn’t often. They had dinner at his house a couple times, a few times in town and one day he surprised her with a picnic lunch that they had down by the ocean. Connor never letting their kissing get too carried away even though he had a feeling that Amelia would have let it happen. He wanted their wedding night to be something amazing for her so he kept himself in control.

Suddenly it was the day before the wedding and things were all set. The dress was done, food was ready and guests were invited. The whole town was on the guest list since it wasn’t a very big town and they wanted to get to know everyone. Tonight they would do the rehearsal to make sure everyone knew what to do. Amelia was very excited and scared also, tomorrow she would be Mrs. Connor McGreggor! And then there was the wedding night, something she is looking forward to, but also very nervous about. She knows that Connor will guide her and be gentle, but so many of her friends in England would say how much the first time hurt after they got married and that it was not fun at all to do it after that first time either. Amelia didn’t think it would be that way with Connor at all, not if the way her body behaved around him was any indication.
 
Connor had not managed to be with Amelia as much as he had wanted to be, but in one way that had been a blessing. Whenever he had been around her he had found it hard to keep his passions in check, and by the time he had left her he had rushed off to the woods to hunt and slake his thirst on the larger animals he had found. His larder had been well provided for over those months and the store had several good pelts to sell after every date.

His business was going well and he now had five ships sailing from England constantly and was thinking of adding a Sixth. He could have goods delivered within two months of being ordered and he had also set up a mail service home. He had bought several local smallish sailboats and was using them to trade with other colonies up and down the coasts as well, bringing in furs from the Canadian posts, and fanciful goods from the French colonies. His store was fast becoming a favorite place for traders from far and wide as he paid good money and he had goods they could not get anywhere else. This was also helping the town and Governor Walker was pleased with that. In fact three more Families had moved over from England on his ships on recommendations from families already there and his sailors.

Tonight though was his rehearsal dinner. He got dressed in a good suit and walked to the church Amelia and her father had chosen. It was the church of the pleasant Priest and he greeted him warmly and once Amelia and her family arrived he led them inside. Connor had selected James to be his best man and he had rather hesitantly but then readily agreed. Now the Priest walked them through the ceremony. It would be rather easy he said, Groom and best man at the front. The maid of Honor walking down first then Amelia being walked down by her father. The couple together at the front, Amelia with veil on and then the vows. Then best man hands rings, final vows and Connor gets to lift veil and kiss his new wife.

They walked through it a few times but Connor was disappointed that he didn't get to kiss her at the veil part. Finally the Priest thought they had it all down well and he said he would see them all tomorrow. Connor approached Amelia and her family gave them a little bit of space. "Well miss Amelia Walker. This is your final night as a single woman. Tomorrow you will become my wife with all the privileges and duties that entails. I have to ask if you still want to do this or if you want to back out know. I love you with all my heart, and that is why I must give you this last opportunity. I would never marry someone that is not sure about marrying me, so are you sure this is what you want? Will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me tomorrow Amelia?"
 
Amelia looked at Connor shocked that he would think she would want to back out! She loved him with every fiber of her being and nothing could change that!

“Absolutely I will marry you! I guess I should give you the same opportunity to back out if you want to, but I am not sure I want to just in case you do. Okay, here it goes, Connor this is your last chance, do you still want to marry me tomorrow?” Amelia asked nervously.

Amelia held her breath waiting for him to answer.
 
"Amelia my Darling my very essence already sings to your presence. There is no force on this Earth that would stop me from marrying you tomorrow."

He leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek then whispered in her ear. "And then my dear I will finally have you all to myself in the wedding bed."

Standing upright again he bowed low to her and then approached her Mother and Father. Shaking his hand and kissing hers he bowed low to them as well. "I leave her in your capable hands until tomorrow sir when I am afraid I will be taking your daughter as my bride." He grinned at both of them. "Of course I don't think she will be too far away for us to visit very often." They both smiled back and he left the church with James in tow, leaving his heart behind until the next day.
 
Amelia left soon after with her parents. She was excited, nervous and a bit scared also. Even though she loved Connor completely, she was afraid of the wedding night. She had been told so many different things by people she didn’t know what to expect. A few of the older ladies said how much it would hurt and if she just laid real still it would all be over very fast. Some others said it was uncomfortable, but a necessary means to have babies. Amelia didn’t know who to believe, she knows how her body feels when Connor kisses her but it is not uncomfortable, it is more of a yearning to be closer. It almost feels like she wants to crawl inside him and be one, but she can’t say that to anyone or they would think she was crazy. Amelia laid in bed with these thoughts going through her head until she finally fell asleep.

The next morning her maid awoke her and started preparing her bath while Amelia went downstairs to have some tea and biscuits. She wasn’t allowed to eat too much for fear she wouldn’t fit into her dress! Florence should be here about the time she is finished with her bath and will help her put on her wedding dress and the veil she made for her also! Amelia didn’t even remember eating, taking her bath or getting her hair fixed, but when she turned around and looked in the full length mirror she just gasped. She never knew she could look so beautiful! Her face glowed with happiness and the dress clung to her in all the right places with just a slight hint of cleavage showing. The veil would flow behind her and one of the little village girls would hold it so she wouldn’t trip going down the aisle. As Amelia came downstairs her mother started to cry and her father just smiled as he comforted his wife. “Our little girl is all grown up and she looks gorgeous!” He said. They helped Amelia hold up her dress as she got into the carriage that would take them to the church.

The ceremony was amazing, but Amelia remembered none of it from the time she walked out and saw Connor waiting for her until the priest said, “You may kiss your bride”. At that time Connor took her in his arms and gave her a kiss on the lips that was appropriate for a wedding, well maybe just a little longer than usual. He then linked her hand through his arm and walked her down the aisle as husband and wife. They waited with the wedding party at the doors of the church so they could greet their guests and then proceed to the reception. Amelia couldn’t stop smiling and didn’t want to let go of Connor’s arm, but she did so that they could shake hands and give hugs to those who attended. After the last person left the church Amelia turned to Connor and said, “This is the happiest day of my life!” She then stood on tiptoes and kissed him on the lips.
 
Connor Gathered his new wife into his arms and returned her kiss with a passion, but he soon let her go. "We have guests waiting my dear and we wouldn't wish to disappoint them now would we."

He led her down to the waiting carriage and helped her in, making sure he dress did not get dirty or too wrinkled, then hopped in the other side and signaled the driver they were ready. He set off for Connors estate were the festivities were to be held. As they drove through the town people stopped what they were doing and waved to them to wish them well. Connor and Amelia waved back and Connor called out to remind them that they were all invited to his estate for dinner.

By the time they arrived it was getting close to dusk but the way had been lit by hundreds of torches and lanterns, some with colored glass. He had spared no expense for his own wedding.They pulled up in front of the house and once again Connor helped his wife out of the carriage and then escorted her inside. They headed to the ballroom and waited at the doors. People were mingling inside sipping refreshments while a string quartet played inside. Connor had made sure they instruments had arrived in good working order and the musicians were playing for him for free tonight in thanks. As they spotted them standing there they broke into the bridal procession and they walked into the room to polite applause.

Connor walked them to the center of the room and motioned to the band and they began to play a slow waltz. He and Amelia began to dance and they flowed together like they had been doing it all their lives, Connors natural grace and his sharpened Vampire senses and speed allowing him to quickly match himself to her rhythm.
"So my dear how does it feel to know be Mrs Connor McGreggor. Any regrets or do you just feel like the happiest person on gods great world like I do?" he asked as he spun her around the dance floor with a huge grin on his face.
 
Back
Top