Writer's Menagé (closed)

She curled into him, and he dropped to the ground, curling his massive body around her, letting her rest on his soft fur. The chair was gone, but she was shaken. The big cat did what came naturally, stroking her with his massive paw and givin her soothing licks.
 
She was slowly calming the overwhelming feelings and emotionally charged almost violent energy. Her hand sliding through the fur around her as she stayed there.

So much pain and anger and fear... Guess I was kept around mortals too long. Sorry about that not really sure what happened just... Yeah...
 
He could tell she was experiencing some sort of nightmare or flashback..but not necessarily hers, it was like she was reliving someoneelse’s Memory. But whose? Which of ancestors? Which witch? He smiled at the word play.

She balled into his chest and arms, and he held her protectively. She seemed helpless, not like the woman of such powerful magic. More like any woman, he could hold, and protect. She felt so nice there, that before he knew it, from deep inside, out came an unmistakable

Purr
 
Last edited:
Finally she realized what was going on and hugged the massive feline.

I'm fine... Just wasn't ready for the true blood and magic connection to the house. It's been a little overwhelming since I first saw it but that... That was intense... And I am guessing part of why the sent the children away so long ago.

She snuggled up not really caring to explore any more just to relax and feel safe and tickled by the purr and fur.

I do like the ideas you said... What I heard of them... The ancient oak around here would be nice.
 
He held her, slightly rocking her, her hands playing in his fur. “I like that” he said soothingly, and he did. He felt her coming back, but did not pry into what she might have seen. If she wanted to, he was there, but as much or more than anyone, he respected personal privacy.

“Yes, I think the oak could be beautiful, I will worn you, that it will require much greater care than granite would....what do you think of my building you an island?”

As he looked around him, there was much to be done throughout the house, to get it updated. Luckily, he had time, and he liked something about this witch...
 
What about Granite?

She paused could that have been something he said that the missed when she saw the chair?

Granite could work and redo the cabinets with the oak and the island... I like that idea. Perhaps we should look at the rest of the house? See if there are any more surprises?
 
He chuckled, “I think natural granite, with polished finished tops, but natural jagged edges would be beautiful. I can build new cabinetry from the ancient oaks, and I should be able to replicate some of the ancient carvings in these antique cabinets”.

As a were, Keiko stood nearly nine feet tall. The danger passed, he transformed back. He saw some disappointment in her eyes and laughed. “Be careful, once you go cat, you never go back” he teased, but felt suddenly self conscious standing there naked. He saw a towel in the pantry, and covered himself. Where the hell was Ambrose anyway.

“Yes, let’s go see the rest of the house...”
 
Why so modest now?

She was glad.to be distracted and smiled teasingly at him. Walking into the living room and looking at all the ancient furniture and furnishings and smiled.

Well this will take a lot of cleaning.
 
He honestly didn’t know why he was suddenly modest, so he just smiled.

Yes, there is a lot of clutter, but you might want to look through this first for family heirlooms. Then I will be happy to throw the rest out.

So...where is your bedroom? The women of your family supposedly had some interesting hobbies...
 
I don't know many of the family stories from here. Mom didn't even want me to know about our witch blood but that didn't last long. Write a story for school with some random pen I found in my grandmother's desk and the camp fire in the story appeared in my room
 
Keiko laughed, "that is how you found out?" he looked into her eyes, suddenly he realized she may be far different than the legends suggested.

"Do you have any idea of your full powers or are you still learning? Leena, is that what brought you here?"
 
Yeah I was 8. The fire appeared. I freaked Mom freaked grandmother laughed and said you wrote it you you finish it.


She shrugged as they walked moving towards the stairs.

I came here one for the writing retreat and two I was told a little bit about the fact that the family was from here by my grandmother after she died and then an invite from someone I don't know who.

Her hand touched the rail and she paused.

One of them stood here protective...

She shook her head...

That's all I get... Like a sentry or a guard... Strange.

Dismissing it she studied the intricate woven branch railing.
 
Keiko could sense this was once a spot of struggle and danger, and the magic was strong. But the details evaded him. She was not as he expected, on the surface, she was almost...human.

However, he sensed the power he was attracted to it, wanted to learn more. Ambrose would even be moreso.

"Listen my beautiful witch, my sense is you will learn many things here, most of all you will learn about yourself, but I am here to protect you. If you again need a sentinel to guard a woman of this house, you need look no further"
 
No... It's not here any more... Whatever happened then is long gone but I do love the idea of having a gorgeous snuggly feline around.

She sat down on the steps with a sigh.

I tried the whole mortal life thing... Two purely mortal husbands. Creatives like me in their own way... But eventually I apparently became too much to deal with or something like that and I will have to admit I got tired of it all after a while. So here I am half way around the world in a town I've never known but roots run deep in and no idea what I want to do really. I love writing the non magical books for mortals and writing things with the sacred ink that makes things better or whatever but is that enough?
 
Keiko took in everything she said. Being with any mortal, more than once sounded dreadfully boring, marriage miserable.

At her compliment he morphed back into his were form, “Oh my dear, snuggling is only one, and I would humbly suggest lesser of my were talents!”

Leaning down he swooped her up in his massive strong arms, and nuzzled his soft wet nose against her cheek.

“However, and I say this for all my creature bretheren, if you have never had intimacy with a magical...well, my lady, then you have simply never lived”

“Now let’s see what else this house has for us to see”
 
She snuggled up and nodded. Yeah but I want to walk through the house. Walk where they walked you know. To feel it all without any barricade you know. Nothing person because I love this.

She kissed his cheek and smiled.

And I have little doubt that you could be far better than a mortal.
 
He gently let her down

He actually understood, she was thoughtful, intuitive...more like him

“As the lady wishes...would you prefer that I stay here so you can feel everything without distraction?”
 
No... You can walk with me it's fine. Unless you want to wait for Ambrose?

She glanced back up at him with a smile.
 
Anbrose would be useless in this task, other than a likely insertion of sexual inuendo or showing his boredom at the concept of any type of manual work

I would enjoy that, and no reason to wait for Ambrose, he has likely gotten caught up in some other activity.

Most of the house, was dusty with items that were now antiques.

Are there some themes you would like to have pervasive throughout the house? What about for your writing, where do you like to do it, are there any specific mood that makes you feel most creative or inspired?
 
My own room and maybe that amazing night garden.

She smiled.

As for the house ainwant to keep it as natural and original as ever.
 
The Garden was beautiful, "Perhaps we put up some torches there to give you candlelight"

As for your room what would you like, perhaps a larger bed in case you want to entertain guests?

As for the rest, would you just like me to remove some of the clutter and dust, perhaps some additional shelving?
 
Yeah that sounds good.

She finally found the bedrooms and opening the first door looking around. Then the next and then the last. Set up for an infant. Her limb of the family line. She just stood in the door and stared.
 
As they walked through the house, it dripped of character, and antiquity. There was no a modern convenience to be found, with only the most basic electricity.

Would you like me to update the infrastructure at all?

He followed her into the bedrooms, and saw nothing odd, nor sensed anything from his partner.

That was, until they opened a room that appeared to be a nursury, or at least made for an infant, and she stopped dead...what was she thinking?

Is everything okay?
 
Yes all the needs of this old place. Surprised to see the beginning of the electrical clearly put in long after they left.

She walked into the room.

This was her room... My ancestor... She left here as an infant. It's all hers in here I guess. So sleepy and peaceful.
 
He would fix it, the electrical installed was clearly hapazard and primitive, Keiko was a master electrician.

He saw her in the room, she was feeling more than he saw, an ancestorial connection, that he could not feel or understand.

However, as she yawned, he knew how he could help, "If you would like you can curl up here and sleep on me, I will hold you, my firm is very soft, warm and comfy". He was just being sweet, not many realized he had this side, other than Ambrose
 
Back
Top