Dirty 30 in 30

Dirty 30 in 30

This is modeled after Neo's excellent 30 Poems in 30 Days thread, but I wanted to create a version that was a little less high-pressure, with the idea that more people will go ahead and complete all thirty pieces.

So. Write 30 poems in 30 days. Whatever it takes. If you miss a day, write two the next day. Ideally, these will be new pieces, but if you need a wild card, you can put up an old first draft or a radical edit, or write a prose poem or blog entry or a letter to the beloved dead. Just write. Keep writing.

I also want to encourage feedback and discussion in here – ideally people can say, “hey this section worked for me but I didn't get this part” or “that would be perfect except for that tense problem in the third line” or whatever. Chat away. Hence the “dirty” part of the thread title: this thread does not need to be 'kept clean.' Maybe it'll be easier to post if you're not under quite as much of a spotlight, yes? And as always, don't be afraid to suck. *

Just write. Write like all of your stars are out. Write like the Valkyries have tapped you on the shoulder and you have only thirty days to say everything. Write your heart out.

*The phrase 'Don't be afraid to suck' is a registered trademark of Tzaracorp, L.L.C. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

For the Agnostic

The way I win you is inexorable green
and though you clothe yourself in calculations
you break like sandstone in the flower flood:
the strict mathematics of the fern and stream.
Overwhelmed by armfuls of the river
your edged machine succumbs to the humid jungle
and vines grow through the metal of the mind,
force through the fence and coil, slow, to overwhelm
your gears and wind their way through every crack
driving their green sugar and the tiny blossoms
into unexpected spaces.

The way I win you is tectonic, underground.
Deep in earth where plates can shiver over hours
sliding rough and sweet and making fire
bucking sudden in the wild and unexpected shocks,
and as you walk on solid and mundane, the rumble reaches you
deep and hard, an earthquake in the bones, touching
to the tidal force of earth in which you've always trusted
and which now shakes like the faith you had
in language or in cold, in facts. I am as real
as numbers and as deep, and you will find
you cannot count me on your careful fingers.

Gosh don't know if I can write one a day for over a month!

Bubbles encapsulated rainbows,
children laughing
running to catch
a little piece of heaven
skimming the trees
and rooftops.
Wind wafting up and beyond
the tired earth
weightless pieces
of frippery.

Just a reminder that the 30/30 thread in the main forum was neither meant to be intimidating nor to exclude erotic poetry. If you check out the thread, you'll find some excellent examples of both erotic and non-erotic poems. I do hope people won't let this thread replace the regular 30/30 thread, that Neonurotic created a few years ago and that has been so successful. :)

Oh, I really thought this was for dirty poems only. :(
I like the idea of a less pressure 30/30 but the pressure on the original 30/30 does kind of keep one going. I have to prodded like a moo cow. :mad:

Gosh don't know if I can write one a day for over a month!

Bubbles encapsulated rainbows,
children laughing
running to catch
a little piece of heaven
skimming the trees
and rooftops.
Wind wafting up and beyond
the tired earth
weightless pieces
of frippery.
Don't place laughing and running side by side. Maybe you could try "children laugh, running to catch..."

Oh, I really thought this was for dirty poems only. :(
I like the idea of a less pressure 30/30 but the pressure on the original 30/30 does kind of keep one going. I have to prodded like a moo cow. :mad:

I only ever completed the 30/30 once. I can write 30 poems in a month, but not when I feel like I have to. I'm a rebel at heart; if there's authority involved I will find a way to circumvent it. Maybe that's what this thread is about. Ahem.

I just took on a big editing job which is great because now I can afford Christmas (sort of), but it makes it tough to find time to write poetry. I'll try but no 30s.

Sorry for the hijack Bijou but you do keep saying any threads you start here are hijackable. And, well, that's the whole point of the Hangout, to concentrate poetry in one forum and mainly nonpoetry in the other. :)

You cannot hijack this thread; hence the "dirty" part. I thought it might be less intimidating for people to be able to post their work among other discussion. And I want room for feedback, like what Wicked Eve said. You're right, by the way, Eve.

You know it's not about authority. This is a different challenge, with different rules, and it's in the hangout so people don't have to worry about chatting in the wrong place.

*sigh*

I sure wish this forum would allow the posting of PM contents.

back to the project at hand. Annie, thanks for joining in. I hope this is beneficial to you.

The water cathedral

this church of mist rolls past overhead
perpetual weather tide, rising over
rapids of hills, and smooths bright prairie
quick over the flat land and a sharp
swell in the hills.

Gods tumble in the flood and great hands
sculpt thick clouds into stone towers
and in slow rise those gifts gather
poured from the boiling hands, the rain
the simplest blessing, and with
companion Sun and deep good Earth
the only god that matters and the only Source.

I am not sure where to post this question. Maybe there should be an ASK THE MODERATOR folder that stays stickied on the main forum.

I have been gone for a while.

What is the difference between the regular poetry feeedback and discussion and the Poet's hangout? I thought it was the other section was for writing and discussing poetry and maybe this side was for socializing? But then why is the 30 in 30 thread on the other section and this one here? It is very confusing, new people will come, turn around and leave head shaking. I can't seem to figure it out, but have not really taken too much time.

Thanks for any explanation. And again, a single thread for asking questions like this might be a good idea, something that unifies the place, a jumping off point.

Good day,

Sunny

okay

so I just read through the thread. Am I to get this right: the other section is not about chatting? hahahah!!!! Since when? Sorry I am late in this, but I do not see the point at all.

Last edited:
I am not sure where to post this question. Maybe there should be an ASK THE MODERATOR folder that stays stickied on the main forum.

I have been gone for a while.

What is the difference between the regular poetry feeedback and discussion and the Poet's hangout? I thought it was the other section was for writing and discussing poetry and maybe this side was for socializing? But then why is the 30 in 30 thread on the other section and this one here? It is very confusing, new people will come, turn around and leave head shaking. I can't seem to figure it out, but have not really taken too much time.

Thanks for any explanation. And again, a single thread for asking questions like this might be a good idea, something that unifies the place, a jumping off point.

Good day,

Sunny

It's a new development so it might be confusing for a bit, but you'll notice that it's pretty much the same as the way the BDSM board is set up, or the How To section - there's a "formal" section for the topic and a "Cafe" or "Hangout" for more casual conversation.

All you ever need to do with a thread is read the first post, generally, and ideally the OP (original poster) will have given you a pretty clear idea about what the thread is about or what its function is. Check the top of this page for the first post, and you'll see what the difference is between the two threads. I used the original as a model but tweaked it to make the challenge a little easier with the idea that more people will succeed at making the whole 30 days that way. Call it a 30/30 with training wheels.

Poetry happens everywhere, all the time. It cannot be contained. It's all around us, often in the most mundane conversation. And the mods have said that poetry isn't "forbidden" in the Hangout; it's just that the PFD section has some guidelines so that people will have an easier time finding the threads that are SOLELY for a particular kind of poetic challenge.

Hope that helps. Welcome.

bj

Right. Thanks for taking the time to address my question.

I can understand why this thread is "allowed" to be here in the hangout section but why not the original section.

Are training wheels not allowed in the original section?

Please be specific, why couldn't this thread be in the other section? Of course poetry is everywhere, but why isn't this thread over there? What specific laws are over there that this could not be?

I understand how to read the original post to get what a thread is. The question is why some threads would be here, some would be there... why there are two blogs, etc etc

I guess the original forum seemed to be a nice combination of socializing and poetry already, seems bizarre to have separated them.

It's a new development so it might be confusing for a bit, but you'll notice that it's pretty much the same as the way the BDSM board is set up, or the How To section - there's a "formal" section for the topic and a "Cafe" or "Hangout" for more casual conversation.

All you ever need to do with a thread is read the first post, generally, and ideally the OP (original poster) will have given you a pretty clear idea about what the thread is about or what its function is. Check the top of this page for the first post, and you'll see what the difference is between the two threads. I used the original as a model but tweaked it to make the challenge a little easier with the idea that more people will succeed at making the whole 30 days that way. Call it a 30/30 with training wheels.

Poetry happens everywhere, all the time. It cannot be contained. It's all around us, often in the most mundane conversation. And the mods have said that poetry isn't "forbidden" in the Hangout; it's just that the PFD section has some guidelines so that people will have an easier time finding the threads that are SOLELY for a particular kind of poetic challenge.

Hope that helps. Welcome.

bj

Right. Thanks for taking the time to address my question.

I can understand why this thread is "allowed" to be here in the hangout section but why not the original section.

Are training wheels not allowed in the original section?

Please be specific, why couldn't this thread be in the other section? Of course poetry is everywhere, but why isn't this thread over there? What specific laws are over there that this could not be?

I understand how to read the original post to get what a thread is. The question is why some threads would be here, some would be there... why there are two blogs, etc etc

I guess the original forum seemed to be a nice combination of socializing and poetry already, seems bizarre to have separated them.

Please, darling, don't go there.

I know it's confusing, but you'll get used to it. And it's a contentious topic right now among the Old Farts and we only just got it settled down, sort of.

I put this one here because I am allowing chat, flirtation and threadjacking in this thread. In the formal section, that May or May Not be okay, but in the Hangout it is By Definition Okay. That's all.

You'll get the hang of it eventually. Meanwhile, just come play, okay?

bj

QUOTE=Under_Sun;29262873
Or you can just PM.
It is very confusing, new people will come, turn around and leave head shaking. If they're like totally silly, like lame, like um... silly. Making a doh! face. I can't seem to figure it out, but have not really taken too much time. /QUOTE

Poetry happens everywhere, all the time. It cannot be contained. It's all around us, often in the most mundane conversation. And the mods have said that poetry isn't "forbidden" in the Hangout; Yes it is. Now taste of the forbidden fruit./QUOTE

Anyone want to kick my ass
for starting this hangout
thing?
I'll do it myself. Oh,
feels good.

Um, and that's #1 of 30.

I know it's confusing, but you'll get used to it. And it's a contentious topic right now among the Old Farts and we only just got it settled down, sort of.

I put this one here because I am allowing chat, flirtation and threadjacking in this thread. In the formal section, that May or May Not be okay, but in the Hangout it is By Definition Okay. That's all.

bj
Who the fuck is the old farts?
The mods?
Angeline is not old!
Well, she's older than I am.

Anyone want to kick my ass
for starting this hangout
thing?
I'll do it myself. Oh,
feels good.

Um, and that's #1 of 30.
[/QUOTE]

Hooray!

And no. I like it here. It fits my style. And your ass should only be kicked by loving and experienced people like the one you have. It's too special to just offer to anybody like that.

I kick my own ass regularly. It's an excellent exercise.

bj

You cannot hijack this thread; hence the "dirty" part. I thought it might be less intimidating for people to be able to post their work among other discussion. And I want room for feedback, like what Wicked Eve said. You're right, by the way, Eve.

You know it's not about authority. This is a different challenge, with different rules, and it's in the hangout so people don't have to worry about chatting in the wrong place.

*sigh*

I sure wish this forum would allow the posting of PM contents.

back to the project at hand. Annie, thanks for joining in. I hope this is beneficial to you.

The water cathedral

this church of mist rolls past overhead
perpetual weather tide, rising over
rapids of hills, and smooths bright prairie
quick over the flat land and a sharp
swell in the hills.

Gods tumble in the flood and great hands
sculpt thick clouds into stone towers
and in slow rise those gifts gather
poured from the boiling hands, the rain
the simplest blessing, and with
companion Sun and deep good Earth
the only god that matters and the only Source.

I can totally understand a rule that states pms should not be posted so as to avoid betraying something said in confidence. I, personally, think someone who misuses that protection to make private attacks forfeits that protection. I'd post every damn thing she said if it was me. She deserves to have her laundry aired in public.

'course I don't care if anyone boots me off her permanently though...so it's up to you.

oh goodness babycakes, did you just call me darling? And where was I going? Goodness, not everyone knows the background of what happened or is going anywhere except to ask a question.

I personally don't really care what goes where, it just seems hilarious to me to call the PFD "formal" because last time I was there, it was anything but (okay a few threads the OP requested to keep it tight but that was just every now and then unless things really really changed) I know there were many threads over there where threadjacking was encouraged.

So let me get this straight, there is no chat, flirtation or threadjacking allowed in the other section? I just don't want to get myself spanked over there. Unless Lauren is doing it.

MODS: Maybe you might consider putting the differences between the two parallel universes in that sticky thread over in the other "Formal" land --- the one with the rules of lit forums, helpful hints, links, etc. Just to have a place for people like me who pop in once and a while. This one: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=231427

bj

Last edited:
MODS: Maybe you might consider putting the differences between the two parallel universes in that sticky thread over in the other "Formal" land --- the one with the rules of lit forums, helpful hints, links, etc. Just to have a place for people like me who pop in once and a while. This one: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=231427
Shit stirrer.

Oh, no, no. Not you. I was talking to my cat, BooBoo PuckerButt. But your idea? Yeah, yeah. Good idea. :cattail:

I am sorry! I really was just asking an innocent question, no lie. I did not mean to stir shit. eek How does one even DO that?

gosh I must have missed a doozie of a smackdown around here.

some things never change
me missing things
and the smackdowns

:)

I will stop asking questions and just play like a good girl.

Shit stirrer.

Oh, no, no. Not you. I was talking to my cat, BooBoo PuckerButt. But your idea? Yeah, yeah. Good idea. :cattail:

Don't place laughing and running side by side. Maybe you could try "children laugh, running to catch..."

Funnily enough that's how I first wrote it! Which just goes to show that maybe editting isn't always a good thing! Or perhaps it's just my editting

Back