What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

Hand pulled pork.

I put half aside to cook with green pepper and onion for burritos and I put the other in barbeque sauce and let it continue to cook for awhile.

Tomorrow we shall dine well! That is if I can stop sampling and tasting.

Fennel, salmon and false morels. Nom nom nom.

And my usual disclaimer here: I know how to delethalize false morels and can eat them without fear of dying. :D

Lunch: arctic char, false morels, asparagus, spinach.
Dinner: harissa coated eggplant, marinated green beans, couscous with random things. Reese's peanut butter cup and rye for dessert.

Lunch: arctic char, false morels, asparagus, spinach.
Dinner: harissa coated eggplant, marinated green beans, couscous with random things. Reese's peanut butter cup and rye for dessert.

I'm inviting myself over for dessert!

Pasta with peas, feta, garlic, basil and lemon. Didn't really feel like cooking.

I went full on USA today. I cooked corn for the second time ever and it was yummy, which is good, because it was hella expensive to buy and difficult to find fresh corn on the cob here. And I drank this beer. I bought it 100% for the can. It wasn't amazing, but the can is.

4oz beef filet pan seared with garlic and thyme then butter basted. Served with wild rice and fresh blanched asparagus sprinkled with balsamic vinegar.

4679757.jpg

That hand is perfect!

I’ve finally perfected my murgh makhani recipe by adding chickpeas, mustard seeds, and asafoetida. It’s not quite a pure murgh makhani, but it’s delicious, so I’m eating the leftovers with some homemade, whole wheat, panch puran and black pepper naan.

Tomorrow, I’m making za’atar falafel and sushi.

I'm gonna make pancakes for breakfast in an hour or two.

Lunch is going to be quick peasoup with feta and basil.

Perch, Dutch carrots and spinach for dinner, if I'm hungry enough to have a dinner. Might not be, because the lunch will be a late one if I have pancakes for breakfast.

I made Pad Thai for my gardener. Not my thing so I think I'll make nachos for myself to use up some pepper jack cheese.

Planning Fathers Day lunch for J.

A 6oz. filet, baby portabellas sauteed in butter and red wine, baby smashed potatoes with paprika infused salt, corn on the cob with real butter.

tumblr_pt7w2uHEwb1uvcy5f_540.jpg

I can only use so much chutney so I'm thinking of making a mango granita for dessert because I have mangos running out my ears and we don't even have the tree. We get so many from the overhanging trees in the neighbors yard.

Last edited:

A 6oz. filet, baby portabellas sauteed in butter and red wine, baby smashed potatoes with paprika infused salt, corn on the cob with real butter.

I can only use so much chutney so I'm thinking of making a mango granita for dessert because I have mangos running out my ears and we don't even have the tree. We get so many from the overhanging trees in the neighbors yard.

Oh this looks amazing! I cooked corn yesterday, too! So damn expensive, but yum. I used to hate corn, but it turns out I just never had the good stuff until this year. I might have to get those cute handles too at this corn consumption rate! :)

I made, chicken, corn and zucchini. For dessert peach and Moscato. And for and extra celebratory second dessert a Reese's peanut butter cup and rye.

Today's lunch is peasoup with mint and basil, dinner is perch with Dutch carrots and salsify puree.

That corn looks so good!

Oh this looks amazing! I cooked corn yesterday, too! So damn expensive, but yum. I might have to get those cute handles too at this corn consumption rate! :)

Wish there was a way to send you fresh ears. This time of year they are around $0.50 /ear.

Do yourself a favor and get the handles that lock together or you'll constantly prick your fingers reaching into a drawer. You can get them for under $5 on Amazon.

Back