Writing Goal for the Day?

Self-editing a second part of a longer story since I can't find a copy editor. It's all good though, I've revised a bit along the way. Then write poem #16 for a challenge. Lately, I'm finding it more natural and easier to write in an active voice for poetry writing rather than story writing.
 
Managed to write a bit on the drive down yesterday, although not until we only had an hour left or so. Still, something's better than nothing and I rewrote a scene in my hockey story so it should work better now. Hub says he'll try to get me some time while we're here, but we'll see. That'd be nice, but there is visiting to do and limited time if we head back tomorrow.
 
Managed to write a bit on the drive down yesterday, although not until we only had an hour left or so. Still, something's better than nothing and I rewrote a scene in my hockey story so it should work better now. Hub says he'll try to get me some time while we're here, but we'll see. That'd be nice, but there is visiting to do and limited time if we head back tomorrow.

SA Penn Lady, what about Irene? If she hammers us as is predicted, you may be stranded with nothing to do but write.
 
I ended up spending most of yesterday afternoon either on the bus, or at my dentist's office. Darn these braces!

Although, this will make backstage conversations that much more fun. "Oh, darn, I'm out of wax again. I'll have to pick some up after the show because I have to do a BUNCH of waxing tonight."

So, I did get some writing done on the bus and hope to get at least two Word pages done today. I'm going to have to - I might be losing my weekend! Grrr!!
 
SA Penn Lady, what about Irene? If she hammers us as is predicted, you may be stranded with nothing to do but write.

Hahaha. Estragon, I have two kids, one 7 and one 3. I never have "nothing to do but write." :rolleyes: Even when visiting relatives.

Hurricanes are weird -- right now we've had a very nice day. Warm enough to use the pool, sunny and a little breeze. But then you know what's coming, so it's just odd to have that hanging over you.
 
I'm going to try to do some revising tonight and over the weekend, but I probably won't do any new writing for several months. :( New semester is about to start and it's already looking like it's going to be much busier than most.

Ah, well. I did a lot of writing this summer. :) And Christmas break will be here soon enough...
 
Hahaha. Estragon, I have two kids, one 7 and one 3. I never have "nothing to do but write." :rolleyes: Even when visiting relatives.

Hurricanes are weird -- right now we've had a very nice day. Warm enough to use the pool, sunny and a little breeze. But then you know what's coming, so it's just odd to have that hanging over you.

Sorry SA Penn Lady, Ours were four years apart, but it's been so long I've forgotten what it was like when they were 7 and 3; it was 25 years ago. The elder called us today, and we had a long discussion about politics, without one raised voice. Delightful! The best is yet to come.

On topic, I started Ch 4 of "A New Birth of Freedom", and an author I respect agreed most generously to offer some technical advice. But I've got a long way to go. Meantime, between hurricanes and a trip to DC next week, plenty to do.
 
Here's my take on tonight's writing...sweet hell.

At a bar..my friends are drinking (okay we're all drinking) but I'm sat at our table texting notes to myself because I need to remember certain dialogue

There's a hurricane....and all I can think of is a hurricane within my lead's mind.life.psyche.

Coming to terms with the fact that I am a geek.
 
For Sunday:
1. Rewrite/revise/last edits on F/f.
2. Write on Abuse Memoirs (Word count is what it is.)
3. Write on Y.A. (Word count is what it is.)
4. Edit Guide.
5. Figure out promotional posts for Twitter/Facebook/blog.
 
Finished reading LET US NOW PRAISE FAMOUS MEN by James Agee. Agee had a genius for description, maybe obsession is the better word, and seizes your imagination off the bat. He had lots to say about almost anything you can think of, and he said it! Like...what its like to sleep outside on the backseat of a Chevy with broken springs at one end. OR how breath smells like baby poop when your diet includes lotsa corn.

Agee also included plenty of profound psychological observations that are stunning to read. Like this jewel: Around here whatever you cant eat, and has no power, gets kicked hard enough to break its ribs. Or starved.

Agee was the master of tangential thinking.

Interesting writer. He published 2 books, neither of them popular or best-sellers during his life. One book won a Pulitzer Prize, and the other is the definitive epic of the Great Depression, LET US NOW PRAISE FAMOUS MEN.
 
After days of preparing for a trip and traveling, I hope today's the day I can crack open the computer and write!
 
After days of preparing for a trip and traveling, I hope today's the day I can crack open the computer and write!

Good luck with that!

Today is largely going to be filled with laundry, especially since I'm expecting the mister to get home with a backpack loaded with wet, sweaty, muddy bike racing gear. Ugh. Since I don't want the mud on MY stuff, I'll be heading into the basement as soon as I post this.

Oh, F1 is on. Hmm....

So, yes, there will be writing done. I'm at a good spot with Ex3 and, thanks to PennLady's suggestion, managed to get the progression fixed.
 
Okay, home! Now to get the little one away from the Wii... she needed to be occupied during unpacking. ;) So time to get her to bed and then perhaps a little unwinding before bed. Writing -- not likely, but the boy is with the in-laws this week, so that should free some time up. I hope.
 
Hey all--it's almost another holiday weekend! Everyone home and safe...and WITH power?

I managed to crank out several pages of notes and am pushing through the third chapter of the latest story. I've decided to add a little fun to a naughty scene (that will turn out to be not so naughty)...an unwanted downer. It hit me last night to why not make something so embarrassing/funny and add it to the mix. We'll see how it gets worked together, but so far so good.
 
Nothing! Absolutely no writing goal for me!

Because... wait for it... Mr. Tat and I went out to dinner! By ourselves! With no kidlet!

Sorry, but this is major excitement, as it has happened twice since the kidlet came along over a year ago. :)

Tomorrow it's back to the work-and-hobby-writing grindstone. Sigh.
 
Nothing! Absolutely no writing goal for me!

Because... wait for it... Mr. Tat and I went out to dinner! By ourselves! With no kidlet!

Sorry, but this is major excitement, as it has happened twice since the kidlet came along over a year ago. :)

Tomorrow it's back to the work-and-hobby-writing grindstone. Sigh.

Woop! Date night ;) So much better than a little ink to the pad since it's been so long for you, hands down.
 
Wrote a little last night. Just a little tweaking and a new line or two but hey, it was adding... micro-progress...
 
Today's goal: finish the story I started last week and send it off to my editor. If I take a two hour lunch break, lock the door and shut off the phone, I just might accomplish that.
 
New in here so please excuse me if this is incorrect of me.

My goal for today is to make some decisions for my first story. Currently it is: human or not? Consensual or not? Just sex or the start of something (for the characters that is)

I am finding it very hard to decide and to make sure the decisions I make are possible as it has been a long time since I have done any decent creative writing :rolleyes:
 
New in here so please excuse me if this is incorrect of me.

My goal for today is to make some decisions for my first story. Currently it is: human or not? Consensual or not? Just sex or the start of something (for the characters that is)

I am finding it very hard to decide and to make sure the decisions I make are possible as it has been a long time since I have done any decent creative writing :rolleyes:

Best of luck, Nervy! And welcome.
 
Thank you!

I have made a few decisions but I need to do some research as I am concerned that some of my ideas come from other stories as inspiration so I need to know what is 'fact' (obviously if I write about fictional creatures this becomes harder)and what I am remembering from someone else's story.
 
Stuck a third of the way through my final chapter. Stuck on a goddamn sex scene of all things. Over the course of the series these two have gone at it about 50 or more times. I am admittedly out of gas.

Getting to the point I am digging out old writing and trying to find a scene I can "plug in"
 
Back
Top