Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, guys.

TGP - so glad your back is better. Be patient and continue to rest.

TXRad - rubbing your cramped legs and flexing them will do them good. Maybe you too need some ibuprofen gel? I would offer to come and rub your legs for you but then Ben will come on here and say some other body part of his is feeling sore. :rolleyes:

Oh dear, guys.

TGP - so glad your back is better. Be patient and continue to rest.

TXRad - rubbing your cramped legs and flexing them will do them good. Maybe you too need some ibuprofen gel? I would offer to come and rub your legs for you but then Ben will come on here and say some other body part of his is feeling sore. :rolleyes:

I took some Naproxen and a couple of potassium tablets. And yeah, I've been walking it off. Tomorrow evening, I'm headed for town to see if i can round up a good massager.

Thanks for the offer. :kiss:

We have another hour. When are they going to stop this useless practice of Daylight Savings?
It surprised me when I came here from India to see this weird thing going on. I know the underlying basis for it but still don't quite get the whole idea.

Phew, I thought we might have lost an hour too. It being Mother's Day I have of course got three loads of washing on the go and the floor to clean, so I couldn't do without that extra hour! Although I am being allowed to not cook today. I was supposed to get breakfast in bed, ha ha ha! They are still sleeping of course, while I have my cup of coffee in Naked Party and look in the newly cleaned fridge for scraps.

:nana: (you mop that floor, banana!)

It surprised me when I came here from India to see this weird thing going on. I know the underlying basis for it but still don't quite get the whole idea.

As I recall reading, the idea of 'Day light Saving' was the invention of a businessman who was also a mad-keen Golfer. so that he got another hour on the greens.
Of course, come the war it was enshrined in statute.
And we still suffer it; what's worse is that there are some buffoons who think we should have it all the time (something to do with when the kids go to school, I think).
It would be simpler to start work an hour earlier!

As I recall reading, the idea of 'Day light Saving' was the invention of a businessman who was also a mad-keen Golfer. so that he got another hour on the greens.
Of course, come the war it was enshrined in statute.
And we still suffer it; what's worse is that there are some buffoons who think we should have it all the time (something to do with when the kids go to school, I think).
It would be simpler to start work an hour earlier!

Now that the majority of us have electricity it seems rather silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back