The Eastwood Gala

Amy smiled at him.

"I have a meeting with the publicity team for the actors. I am meeting them in the lounge bar downstairs. I have arranged for Armani to dress all of the actors. So I just need to finalize some details. Also, I am having your bar staff design signature cocktails that are Gatsby inspired."


She smoothed her hair and put on a fresh coat of lipstick, not knowing she looked just like her mother as she dolled herself up.


"I will report in later. "
She called as she made her way down the hallway.
 
"Sounds good" He called watching her go before shaking his head "I cant believe it"

He turned moving over to his desk. He pulled out his set of keys and bent down unlocking the small drawer in his desk. He reached inside pulling out a picture of her mother. He sat down stroking his finger across the frame and staring at it for a few minutes as he though of happier times. Back then he had been on top of the world moving and shaking and with all of nevada ready to be conquered by him.

Back then he had been untouchable

or so he had thought

He put it away and with a shake of his head went back to work. He got submerged in it dealing with both the new casino being built and the various criminal enterprises he was currently dealing with it. He was so lost in his work he lost track of time as he chipped away at the files on his desk.
 
Amy dazzled the PR team of the Hollywood contingent. She showed them the outfits that Armani was loaning them. She had gotten a local high end salon to do hair and makeup in exchange for publicity.

To any outside observer she looked completely focuses on her work but internally she was obsessing over Eastwood'sreaction to finding out she was her mother's daughter.

She managed to get through her meeting and slipped out to the pay phone in the casino. She placed one call and left a brief message.

"Tell him I am in." And then she was heading back to Eastwood's office.
 
"Your girl knows her stuff"

Bart leaned back raising an eyebrow as his mentor walked in. Mr. Vallenteno strode in as he always did as if he was entitled to do so. Bart had long since given up reprimanding it instead he paid him back in kind refusing to get up and shake his hand.

"Which one would that be?" Bart asked glancing up from his papers and taking off his glasses "I have many girls"

"The new one" His Mentor said helping himself to the wet bar "the girl doing your next event"

"Ah yes Ms. Baxter knows her stuff" Bart said clearing his throat "And I am sure you enjoyed teh chance to admire her"

"Well you know me" He said with a cocky grin "maybe you can introduce us?"

"I dont think I will" Bart said finally standing up "She's already been claimed"

He raised an eyebrow and after taking a long draw of his scotch put the glass down and come over to Bart. He began to fix his tie ignoring the growl from Bart to be careful.

"You be careful Bartholomew I would hate to have to remind you who you came from"

"Just as much as I would hate for you to try and take on the books and all the legal ventures" Bart growled moving away from him "now leave I have work to do" He said going back to the papers on his desk.
 
Amy saw the big boss fuming down the hallway to the elevator. She waited until the coast was clear to appear back in the office.

"My meeting went well. Everything's falling into place. I am going to have your chef do a tasting for me tonight. Want to join me? He is setting up a table in the kitchen for us. "

She sat down on the plush couch in his office.

"We met once. When I was a little girl. My mother told you I was her kid sister. You took us to the circus. The big one. You bought me cotton candy and protects me from the scary clowns." Her voice was small and sad. She was gazing off as if she could see that night so many years ago.
 
Bart turned his eyes widening in surprise "we did didnt we" He said shaking his head and smiling as he sat down in the chair across from her.

"I remember that night" He said softly "your mom did pass you off as her kid sister which I had a hard time believing! Of course back then I would have ate up any word your mom said"

He sighed smiling in happiness "I remember you being a hellion! your mom kept trying to calm you because it was one of our rare times out"
 
Amy smiled, tucking her feet up underneath her.

"I had never been to the circus. I was so excited. And I knew that you really liked her and she liked you. She and my father had been split up for so long, that I didn't mind her liking someone else. She spent an hour getting her makeup on before we left."

Amy shook her head. "I don't know why I am talking about this. I guess I just wanted to let you know that it was a happy memory of mine."

"What do you think about dinner?"
 
Bart smiled in pleasure a small sad smile crossing his lips as he rose out of his seat.

"I am glad you did" He said coming over to her and taking her hand "I remember that day fondly just like I remember your mother fondly"

He sighed a sad look crossing his face before he shook his head and smiled.

"But no need to focus on sad things!" He said smiling at her "I would love to do dinner with you shall we head out?" He asked checking his watch.
 
Amy took off her glasses and put them in her bag.

"Let's head down to the kitchen. The chef will be pleased to see you." She lead him down the hallway and to the elevator.

There was a man dressed in a black suit waiting for him.

"Mr. Eastwood, my boss wants a word with you, about a business matter." He handed Eastwood a card. The card was embossed with just the name Rossi.

"He is downstairs in the casino. He is playing in the high rollers room."
 
Bart turned noting the man and raising an eyebrow. No one "wants" a word with him... not usually at least. The man didnt look like any one he knew or some one who escorted the usual high rollers.

Bart sighed and moved away from the girl "I will this time go and see what your boss would like to talk to me he can request next time through the usual avenues I offer to our...... VIP members"

Bart turned kissing her hand "I shall meet you down there my dear" He said smiling at her before turning. He went over to the elevator and after pressing the floor for the high roller level and placing his key into the slot it took off leading him to the VIP floor.

He stepped out ignoring the pretty woman and men he kept as staff who greeted him. He walked past the ornate and luxurious amenities without so much as batting an eye. He kept moving reaching the room where the high rollers were playing at in a matter of moments and stepping in.

"good evening gentleman" Bart said nodding at each of them "while this is irregular I must speak to a Mr. Rossi the game will be paused for the moment as we speak however I promise I will find some way to compensate each of you for your time"
 
Mr. Rossi stepped away from the game and met with Bart.

"I know we don't know each other but I am a friend of Mr. Vantelleno. As a courtesy, I wanted to let you know that some of my girls will be working around this hotel and your new one. They will be discreet." Mr. Rossi slipped him a card with his number printed on it. "Please call me if any of my girls cause you a problem, or the cops start sniffing around."

Mr. Rossi was a very imposing man, he stood in his dark suit and sipped his scotch.

"I hope we can make things work for us both. I have told Mr. V, that I will be turning in your cut each week."
 
Bart took it raising an eyebrow at this new wrinkle, blast that man! Mr. Vantelleno knew that he preferred to keep the two sides of the business as seperate as possible. The Casino and clubs catered to a very exclusive clientelle there were escorts for those people.

And escorts did not loiter on the street

"I wish he had talked to me about this" Bart said sighing and looking at the man "It is not normally how I like to do business however I will talk to him about it when I get a chance for now thank you for telling me and as long as they are discreet I dont see it as being a problem"

Bart tucked the card into his breast pocket and turned nodding at every one to resume. He waited until he was in the elevator and on his own before growling and punching the wall. His old mentor was starting to become more and more of a headache to him.

Some thing was going to need to be done

The elevator dinged and he stepped out going into the lobby to see if she had already left.
 
Amy was sitting on one of the plush couches in the lobby. Mr. Vantelleno was sitting on the arm of the couch beside her. It was obvious he was hitting on her.

"I swear we have met before.... you look so familiar to me..." He offered loudly as one of the cocktail waitresses brought over a tray of drinks.

Amy looked over to Bart, looking a little overwhelmed by Vantelleno's presence.

"I don't think we have met. I would remember." Amy offered with a shy smile.
 
Barts eyes narrowed and he moved in struggling to work out how best to deal with his mentor and latest thorn in his side.

"I am so glad to see your still here" Bart said coming over to Amy and holding out his hand to help her out. He glanced over at his mentor his eyes narrowing slightly as he to rose.

"You got your self a beautiful girl here Bart" Mr. Vantelleno said smirking and eyeing her once more.

"And an excellent worker to" Bart told him firmly guiding her to the door "we will talk later I am afraid I promised her my time and what I need to speak to you about is a lengthy conversation"

Before he could say any thing more Bart led her out and to the car he had brought around to take them to the restaurant.

"Dont mind him" Bart told her opening the door and ushering her in "I will make sure he doesnt bother you" He said nodding at the driver to pull out.
 
Amy thanked Bart for rescuing her.

"He kept telling me that I looked familiar." she offered with a shy smile. "I wonder if he knew my mother and that is why he thinks he knows me.

Amy tucked my hair behind her ear.

"I have a fantastic dinner in store for you." She said with a big grin.

"Your chef is fantastic."
 
Bart shook his head snorting at her words.

"I very much doubt it" Bart said pouring them both a glass of champagne "he is well known for having a string of women and even if he had ever met you I doubt he would have paid you much mind"

The limo continued to glide through the city as they made their way to the restaurant. Bart leaned back assessing her as he sipped his champagne.

"You know your mom and I were romantically linked correct?" Bart asked raising an eyebrow.
 
Amy glanced over at him from the corner of her eye.

"I know. But I didn't want to play on that, when I came looking for a job. I don't want to be that kind of girl." She said softly. "It's hard. Everybody in this town, either knew my mother, or my father conned them, or owed them money. People have been generous, but I don't want to be a charity case. I was a little girl when she died, but I turned out okay."

Amy looked out the window as she spoke. She sighed in relief as they arrived at the restaurant. The valet opened the door, and Amy elegantly slid her legs out of the limo.

"I hope you enjoy dinner." She smiled at him, over her shoulder.
 
"I understand" Bart said watching as they pulled up "but thats not really why I was asking"

He opened the door on his side and got out moving over to her side and helping her out before escorting her in.

"During the party you and I flirted" Bart reminded her as they walked in and were escorted to the table "You also no doubt no my taste in women and know I would have tried very hard to get in your dress during your time working for me"

"So I guess I am asking if it bothers you that I was with your mom and would or can be with you?"Bart asked pulling out the chair for her.
 
Amy didn't answer right away. She allowed him to push in her chair. After, he sat down, she met his eye.

"I am not opposed to getting to know you better." She replied. The waiter poured them some wine. She tasted he wine. It was a bright, fruity red.

"We don't need to order, the chef has prepared a tasting menu." Amy offered. She looked at him, and offered him her sexiest little grin.
 
"And if getting to know each other better meant getting into bed?" Bart asked preferring to be blunt as he caught notice of her sexy smile. He took a sip of his wine watching her as he sat it back down.

"Is that going to be awkward or weird?" Bart asked raising an eyebrow at her "If so I can keep my desires professional with you simply say the word"
 
Amy took a generous sip of her wine.

"Well, aren't you forward. A girl doesn't have to guess around you does she?" Her voice was flirtatious but there was something hard about her smile. Her face relaxed.

"I am not opposed if things progress, but not until we have completed our business, I don't want payment for one thing to bleed over to the other. I am not that sort of girl."

The wait staff began bringing trays with samples of the food that would be served at the event. Every thing was elegant and perfectly cooked.

"What do you think?" She asked, getting out her notepad to take notes.
 
"I am forward yes" Bart said to her smiling a little at her words and tucking his napkin into his shirt "It comes with the territory I am afraid"

He thanked the waiters when they came and tucked in muling on her words before leaning back "I can understand that we shall wait then however I thought I would make my intentions clear as well"

"The food just so you know is excellent!" Bart said smirking "excellent picks my dear simply excellent"
 
Amy tilted her head and looked at Bart.

"Every detail is going to be perfect. I am going to do such a good job that you are going to want to keep me..."

She looked him up and down, and smiled a sexy little half smile.

"I like pleasing you..." Her voice was sweet and warm.
 
"Do you know?" Bart said smirking and bringing the wine to his lips for another sip "Well if were being truthful I very much like it when you please me"

"I think I have already decided to keep you as well" Bart said with a wave of his hand "You should know that! You have done good work impressive even and besides that your the daughter of some one near and dear to me"
 
Amy smiled.
She took another sip of wine. "Let's celebrate. I want to go dancing.... do you like to dance?"

She laid her hand over his.

"Come on... we deserve to celebrate. We have planned the party of the year, and you are going to make a ton of money, and get a ton of press."

She gave him her best pouting face. "Please.... please... come on. There are so many fun places to go dance."
 
Back
Top