A Special Christmas Writing Challenge...

Britwitch

Classically curvy
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Posts
23,086
So, as December appears on the horizon...I had an idea for a special kind of writing challenge.

There will be 24 prompts (all wintery but not all directly linked to Christmas) and you can choose up to 3 prompts that you would like to write for.
The challenge is to post your pieces on the right days in December, so prompt no. 1 on the 1st, no.2 on the 2nd and so on.
That way we'll have a writing advent calendar of sorts with something new to enjoy every day until Christmas itself.

Prompts will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis so if two people want the same prompt, the first person who posted that they'd like it will get it. There'll be a fixed word count for the whole month of 2, 512 words but as always it's a guideline for an upper limit and not a target to be reached. Pieces can be very Christmas-y or not festive in the slightest, erotic or not, poetry or prose. As always we want people to write what they feel inspired to write!

I know Christmas is a busy time for everyone but I thought this might be a fun way to pass the days. The idea of sharing the prompts in advance is that you can pick the one(s) you want, write your piece(s) ahead of time and then just post on the right day, or send your piece(s) to me and I'll post it/them for you if you think you might not be around or available to post yourself ;)

ALL PROMPTS HAVE NOW BEEN TAKEN!

Sorry if you're too late to join in this time but hopefully we'll have 24 awesome pieces to read in the very near future!



No. 1 TAKEN

No. 2 TAKEN

No. 3 TAKEN

No. 4 TAKEN

No. 5 TAKEN

No. 6 TAKEN

No. 7 TAKEN

No. 8 TAKEN

No. 9 TAKEN

No. 10 TAKEN

No. 11 TAKEN

No. 12 TAKEN

No. 13 TAKEN

No. 14 TAKEN

No. 15 TAKEN

No. 16 TAKEN

No. 17 TAKEN

No. 18 TAKEN

No. 19 TAKEN

No. 20 TAKEN

No. 21 TAKEN

No. 22 TAKEN

No. 23 TAKEN

No. 24 TAKEN
 
Last edited:
Well, you two gents and me makes three and then I know of a couple of others who would hope to be able to join in...

Anyone else out there...?

hopeful smile
 
I might finally dip my toe in the challenge pool. Am a definite maybe! If I don't wuss out.
 
bounces through gleefully

Yay! That's eight writers and if everyone picks three prompts to do...that'd be the whole thing done ;)
No pressure to pick three though, obviously!

Will put up the thread and the prompts shortly then!
 
So, as December appears on the horizon...I had an idea for a special kind of writing challenge.

I am planning on putting up 24 prompts (all wintery but not all directly linked to Christmas), this coming week, and the idea is that people can pick up to 3 prompts that they want to write pieces for. The challenge then is to post their pieces on the right day so we'll have a writing advent calendar of sorts.

Prompts will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis so if two people want the same prompt, the first person who posted that they'd like it will get it. Hopefully we'll end up with 24 different pieces, one posted each day up until Christmas Eve.

So, the piece inspired by prompt No. 1 will go up on 1st December and prompt No.2's on the 2nd December and so on.....

There'll be a fixed word count for the whole month of 2, 512 words but as always it's a guideline for an upper limit and not a target to be reached. Pieces can be very Christmas-y or not festive in the slightest, as always we want people to write what they feel inspired to write!

I know Christmas is a busy time for everyone but I thought this might be a fun way to pass the days. The idea of sharing the prompts in advance is that you can pick the one(s) you want, write your piece(s) ahead of time and then just post on the right day, or send your piece(s) to me and I'll post it/them for you if you think you might not be around or available to post yourself ;)

If there isn't any interest, which I'm very prepared to have be the case, I will just put up the 'normal' challenge thread for the month.

So...anyone interested...at all...? :D
How much do I not get paid?
 
Just doing some internet wizardry, also known as uploading and sorting out some links, so that we'll have the prompts coming very soon!

Once they're up, check them out and then post in this thread with your choices for prompts AFTER MIDNIGHT (GMT). No more than 3 per member. It'll be first come, first served, so if two people choose the same prompts the first to post their request will get it.

Hence the forewarning about prompts to try and give everyone a fairer chance of seeing them before people start choosing.
 
Will bribes be accepted? I'm just asking for the clarification for others... Angel can be tricky sometimes... just saying. ;)
 
Not sure why you'd bribe me...or with what... ;)

But anyway... THE PROMPTS ARE UP! :D
You'll find them listed in the first post of the thread.

You have just over an hour and a half before you can start claiming prompts for yourselves so make sure you take a good look through and see which ones you think you could write for!!

When the time is up, just post in here with your chosen prompt(s) and we'll see who gets what!

Best of luck and can't wait to see what everyone picks!
 
Will bribes be accepted? I'm just asking for the clarification for others... Angel can be tricky sometimes... just saying. ;)

:eek:

Omg - how can you malign my good name like that?!?!

Besides now that there are lots of writers, I think I can officially wuss out now.
 
:eek:

Omg - how can you malign my good name like that?!?!

Besides now that there are lots of writers, I think I can officially wuss out now.

No maligning... just a statement that you can be tricky :D there's no amount of halo polish that can refute that ;)... and no wussing out now, there's still lots of pic's to claim... even if only one.

I figured out my first choice and a few backups... patiently counting the hours...
 
May I please have 14, and 24? I'll take 20 if no one wants that one either, but I don't want to get greedy. Thanks for organizing this, Brit. :heart:

Edit: Because Ruffles hogged 3 then I'll take 20!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top