Writing Goal for the Day?

Writing proofs in Word makes me want to scoop my eyeballs out with a spoon.

Squishy squishy! We don't want that--it would leave too much mess in the error term. :p

OK. I'm stopping now so I don't further embarrass myself with statistics jokes. :eek:
 
Squishy squishy! We don't want that--it would leave too much mess in the error term. :p

OK. I'm stopping now so I don't further embarrass myself with statistics jokes. :eek:

I think you can only embarrass yourself if anyone gets them, and trust me, I don't. I'm impressed you can make stats jokes. ;)

Moving into the physical fatigue portion of things. Bleah. Going to go up, possibly write, possibly crochet. Hard to tell yet.
 
Squishy squishy! We don't want that--it would leave too much mess in the error term. :p

OK. I'm stopping now so I don't further embarrass myself with statistics jokes. :eek:

Best we keep our shame to ourselves, yeah.

Writing erotica and posting it online? Perfectly acceptable.

Stats jokes in a non-academic setting? Huge social faux pas.

Or so I was once told. Back when I hard normal friends... :eek:
 
Pray tell, how to get the words out? I can only get my poemy muse going. I guess that's better then nothing.

Guess I will do some editing on my NonHuman series while watching my vendor on Etsy, Cyber Monday and all.

I don't know! It just happens, I wish I could pass it around and share. My poetry muse is sleeping very deeply, and I'm kinda glad, most of my poetry has been sad and depressing and I don't want to ever return to that place again, the place that put those words down. I've only written one poem since coming back to Lit. and it's not been submitted.
 
Trying to get caught up with my editing while telling my muse to shut the fuck up, I'm busy right now!
 
Trying to get caught up with my editing while telling my muse to shut the fuck up, I'm busy right now!

My muse is chewing me a new one because my latest story not only features no family affairs, but no one is getting tied up or skull fucked.

My muse is calling me a sissy.
 
My muse is chewing me a new one because my latest story not only features no family affairs, but no one is getting tied up or skull fucked.

My muse is calling me a sissy.

It takes a strong man to stand up to his muse and write what he must write.
 
It's been a long time since I've been able to say this, but I actually accomplished something: I sent my chapter off for copy editing. Yay!

Some cleaning, and then some beta reading, I hope.

My muse is chewing me a new one because my latest story not only features no family affairs, but no one is getting tied up or skull fucked.

My muse is calling me a sissy.

You just tell that muse of yours to sit down and STFU, or else she'll never get play time with you again. Or worse, tell her you'll only write sappy Harlequin-style romances from here on out, and then you'll force her to read them all while telling her she has nothing to look forward to but missionary for the rest of her life.
 
You just tell that muse of yours to sit down and STFU, or else she'll never get play time with you again. Or worse, tell her you'll only write sappy Harlequin-style romances from here on out, and then you'll force her to read them all while telling her she has nothing to look forward to but missionary for the rest of her life.


yeah, but that's what I tell the wife!
 
Hoping to get some work done on a new story.

I wrote a tiny outline and about 1,500 words a month ago, but for some reason, I wrote it in first-person (I've only written in third before this). It reads like narcissistic crap, and I can't decide if I should: (a) edit the existing story now and change it all to third, (b) write more in first person, in the hopes that I'll figure out what I'm doing, or (c) write more in third person, and then decide later which voice to edit out.
 
Trying to work on my Christmas story, which is very close to done, but working through a bit of a crisis of confidence while doing so.

Also annoyed that Mr. Penn is still up in his office working... Not his fault, but frustrating all the same (and surely so for him).
 
I managed to write a 4,300-word story last night, but had to stay up til 3:30 a.m. to get it done and still had to get up early (for me) in the morning. We have house guests and are trimming the trees and went out for dinner, so, beyond also writing the draft of the family Christmas card letter, I don't see getting any writing done today.
 
E-bay was running a "list up to 1,000 items free today" special so I listed 500-let's hear it for the turbo lister feature!- They really are getting desperate these days.

Now I am trying to finish that stupid contest entry that is plaguing me. I have better ideas and they are fighting to get out, but I swore I would finish this.

Luckily I have finally reached the sex scene. If I can't get into describing a good foot job there is no hope for me.
 
I've been unable to write every since the funeral. Not a thing...nothing. No original thought what so ever.

I'm going to write something today. I swear it.
 
I've been unable to write every since the funeral. Not a thing...nothing. No original thought what so ever.

I'm going to write something today. I swear it.

Just write and don't worry about originality or anything else. Just try get yourself back into a bit of writing groove. And there's no rush. :rose:
 
I'm determined to finish Ch 47 of my story and hopefully this damn battle scene. It's taken 4 chapters to write it so far and maybe two more to finish it completely.

I'm trying to keep it to 60-65 chapters and that's a daily grind to tackle. There's so much left to write about. Currently sitting at 252,000+ words, I can see this going over 300k with no problem. Still, it's a hell of a lot of fun writing it. :D
 
Okay, trying to get back on track. Need to rework later chapters of R&B. Christmas story is finished and just needs a proper ending. Then... oh everything else. Food shopping, clean up, Christmas shopping... egads.
 
Back
Top