Beyond Star City: The Heroes in the Shadows of Tomorrow OOC

This thread was always set ten years in the future of the current series-- Constantine, iZombie, Arrow, and The Flash-- extrapolating those shows and building the newer ones like Titans and Vixen and Supergirl into it as it went, with Gotham set many decades in the past.

--the intro was a flashback to approximately "now" in the modern-day shows, even though we've diverted considerably from their timeline already. The ten year jump was bringing it to "now" in the thread. So introducing your character at the end of the ten-year jump would put it "now" in both this thread and the original Star City thread.

Does that make sense?
 
Last edited:
So we basically start of with just an intro with our own characters and what they are doing now, and where they are?
 
Yeah, that's what I was going to do?

And then we'll get brought together by the events of the thread.
 
Special thanks to Zet for letting me borrow Leon for a few lines in Lori's intro.

Namaste, Zet. Welcome to our world.
 
I hope that I did alright and that no one finds fault with my intro for Frank Craft. I know that there is already a 'Frank' in the thread, so just call him Craft, everybody does. This is the theme song for the post;

Animus Vox- The Glitch Mob
 
Craft is a bad-ass.

I love the Tom Clancy-style "he uses this kind of gun with this kind of ammo and here's why." I never know enough about guns to make that sound authentic, but I love it when it's effectively pulled off.

Loved how atmospheric you made it, too. Having lived in Chicago I can totally see that stuff going down behind the darker corners of The Windy City.
 
Oh that better be released In Australia quickly or I will be so downloading that. :)
 
Lunar, I apologize.

I was writing a post and got halfway through and was going to PM it to myself to wait on your approval of a bunch of headcanons, except I accidently hit "post." :/

Read it over when you get a sec and I can change anything you don't like before I continue it in my next post.
 
Okay people, just having to edit a few things in my first post, mainly to do with continuity issues. Sorry to Lunar for not checking when we where in relation to a few things. Oh and a few things are fudged in Danny's timeline so please do forgive me but I really want to play him as a Demon with a soul so forgive me this little detail.
 
Hey, Aussie?

Since Danny's in New York now, and so is Shrieve, do you think a reluctant team-up is in order?

Shrieve won't like working with a demon, but if he can use his Oblivion Bar access to get her back to Seattle and her car, she'd be willing to let him live and help him fight another monster.
 
Sure no problems. I mean they both know each other, but maybe Danny does not know she has been kicked out of S.H.A.D.E.

It has been awhile since he has done any work for them and he has had his own problems so she could use that to her advantage. Maybe just give him an IOU as payment. Of course an IOU to an actual Demon is actually binding so can play on that as well.
 
Haha, well, if they partner up against a monster or two, Shrieve'll consider her side of the deal paid in full. She's probably too savvy to enter into a "deal" with a demon, even a "good" one like Danny-- I fully intend for it to be part of Shrieve's arc that she'll eventually get over this Fantastic Racism of hers, but for now she's strictly in the "you'll live if you're useful to me" camp.
 
No problem. However I don't really have any monsters or villains lined up. I was just writing something to pass the time until summoned but I guess I can flesh it out a little. Hmm maybe a guardian or two at one of the sites. Just regular guards as I have not decided if I want to make the Familiar to have been working for a Good or bad guy yet.

I could meet Shrieve on my way towards the first of the stops, Tackle the guardians, decide the circle is nothing more than a protection spell but is tied into the others and that I will need help, and then bring her back to the bar to fulfill the bargain.
 
No problem. However I don't really have any monsters or villains lined up. I was just writing something to pass the time until summoned but I guess I can flesh it out a little. Hmm maybe a guardian or two at one of the sites. Just regular guards as I have not decided if I want to make the Familiar to have been working for a Good or bad guy yet.

I could meet Shrieve on my way towards the first of the stops, Tackle the guardians, decide the circle is nothing more than a protection spell but is tied into the others and that I will need help, and then bring her back to the bar to fulfill the bargain.

Tell me more of this "Familiar?"
 
It's in my posts. Had to change a bit of my first post so maybe you missed it. Lunar didn't want me in Shadowpact yet or Zuriel turning up, so I changed who I had been working with to freelancing for S.H.A.D.E. (where I will know Shrieve from) and instead of Zuriel and I having our cozy chat about him going to destroy me LOL I changed that to a Familiar coming into the bar and mentioning that he had been out doing some stuff for it's master.

Of course Danny had recognized New York when it had entered and he decides to check it out.

The Familiar was totally covered and Danny didn't smell any good or evil radiating off the being, but hey that's why they are used. Read my first post for more info.
 
Right, right, right, right.

Sorry, I knew you'd edited your post I should have read that sooner. Nice work.

Okay, that sounds good.

I've got a few more posts to get done in both threads but I'll try to connect Shrieve with Danny ere too long.
 
Sounds good. I will continue to have Danny explore New York for now until you are ready to meet him.
 
Heh, I originally considered showing what happened in Lori's meeting, but opted to keep it off-camera.

It would have been interesting to have two very different meetings right in a row.
 
Aussie, I've posted as Shrieve.

Let me know if I've taken too many liberties with Blue Devil's reactions and so forth-- whether she'd be able to get inside his guard so easy.

I can totally edit as need be.
 
No Chas all is good with that post. I can totally work with it and he would normally have sensed her presence and all, but he was hunting and concentrating so much on the familiar's scent and hearing inside the room that that scenario is entirely plausible.

I may use Shrieve a little and Have a little chat. Blue is not going to be immediately hostile. He has not been brought up to speed on S.H.A.D.E. events, so as far as he is concerned she is still a member and a partner to him. He will be the one to suggest they team up then she can ask for a ride to Seattle via the bar.
 
Back
Top