The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

B598GoNIIAEMB-g.png:large
 
B5ztVTUIAAAPUEm.jpg:large


"One can learn English, or one can hate the President, but clearly not both."

— Chris Rock
 
Yes, but what about Latvian women killed by police...don't they need a parade too?
 
A Reporter at Large AUGUST 30, 2010 ISSUE OF The New Yorker

Covert Operations
The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama.

BY JANE MAYER


Koch brothers, and their influence-
What does producing 2.2 billion pounds of formaldehyde a year,
have to do with preventing the E.PA. from classifying formaldehyde
as a known carcinogen in humans ?

Let us ask David Koch, who did not recuse himself from the National Cancer Advisory Board, who did not divest himself of company stock, while his company was directly lobbying the government to keep formaldehyde on the market.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/08/30/covert-operations
 
2015

Latvian foreign minister urges NATO awareness of Putin's 'revival' of the 'Russian Empire'

Russian President Vladimir Putin is 'trying to revive...the Russian Empire'. That's according to Latvia's foreign minister Edgars Rinkevics, who told German news service Deutsche Welle that NATO needs to be aware of the Kremlin's 'challenge'.

Speaking with DW, Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkevics said that the EU and NATO will have to develop an appropriate response to Russia's actions in Ukraine in 2015.

"We need political dialogue with Russia, but because of his aggressive behavior also a kind of containment," he said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to Rinkevics, will keep trying to test NATO. "We must be extremely careful."

http://www.dw.de/europe-in-2015-investing-more-and-keeping-russia-in-check/a-18165835
 
How many Latvian women are in America? How many of them have been killed?

Probably not that many less than the 5 or less black women killed by police in unjustified shootings.

Also Aleutian women. Lets not forget to mourn the names of all Aleutian women killed by police this last decade or two...
 
BW-girls.png


Adaisha Miller, Detroit Woman, Hugged Cop From Behind

LAPD cop charged with assault in death of Alesia Thomas

7-year- old Aiyana Stanley-Jones – Detroit Free Press

17 Year Old Darnesha Harris Dead after Run-In with Breaux

Mackala Ross and Delores Epps

Eleanor Bumpurs

Erica Collins family files lawsuit against Cincy Police

Pleasant Grove crash claims life of second person | AL.com (Heather Parker)

Family grieves after loved one killed in crash with APD (Jacqueline Culp)

Family of victim question police use of deadly force – KWCH (Karen Day)

Kendra James remembered at Portland rally | KOIN.com

Pedestrian Killed on I-95 in Florida (Laporsha Watson)

After Cleveland shooting, cities restrict police chases(Malissa Williams)

Miriam Carey, Capitol Suspect, Suffered Post-Partum Depression

Elderly Woman Shot & Killed By Hearne Police Officer (Pearlie Golden)

Rekia Boyd Settlement: Family Of Unarmed Chicago Woman

Former Pa. trooper pleads guilty in fatal accident (Robin T. Williams)

Shantel Davis Killed By NYPD Cop In Car Chase | News One

Friends: Woman killed by police was nonviolent | Las Vegas (Sharmel Edwards)

Suspected Walmart Shoplifter Shot To Death In Front Of Kids (Shelly Frey)

The NYPD’s Poor Judgment With the Mentally Ill | Village Voice (Shereese Francis)

Harrisburg woman identified as victim in police SUV crash (Shulena S. Weldon)

$2.5M settlement in shooting of Lima woman by police officer (Tarika Wilson)

No Charges in Killing of Tyisha Miller – Los Angeles Times

Texas Police Admit Officer Shot & Killed Unarmed Woman (Yvette Smith)

**UPDATES Provided by readers and BBG**

Where is the Outrage in the Police Killing of Tanesha Anderson? (Tanesha Anderson)

Judge drops involuntary manslaughter in Aiyana shooting (Aiyana Stanley Jones)

New Brunswick man charged in 20-year-old murder case | NJ.com (Carolyn “Sissy Adams” Adams)

While Everyone Else Is Busy Remembering Daryl Gates’ Life, I’ll Be Remembering Eula Love’s Death (Eula Love)

Cooley’s Office Declines to Charge Officer in Mitchell Shooting (Margaret Mitchell)

Aura Rosser: Police Kill Mich. Woman After Responding To Domestic Violence Call

Mourners remember Phoenix woman killed in police shooting (Michelle Cusseaux)

Ex-Atlanta officers get prison time for cover-up in deadly raid (Kathryn Johnston)

Atlanta police officer accused of killing woman he met on Craigslist (Vernicia Woodard)

Anna Brown: 29-year-old Black Woman Dies in Jail After Being Dragged By Police Out of Hospital

The Police And Latanya Haggerty – Chicago Tribune

Scranton police shooting justified – News – Citizens’ Voice (Brenda Williams)

Tashmaya Gay, who was grilled at an NYPD precinct for more than 12 hours over a fatal shooting, gets $100,000 to settle federal lawsuit (Denise Gay)

Homeless Woman Found Dead in Suffolk Police Cell (Brenda Gaines)

Kyam Livingston’s Family Sues NYPD After Death In Holding Cell

Pregnant inmate died after hours of agony in Syracuse jail (Chuniece Patterson)

City to Pay $1.6 Million in Fatal, Mistaken Raid (Alberta Spruill)

RPD Officer Shoots, Kills Woman (Patricia Thompson)

Woman Killed Hailing Cab; Officer Held in Accident (Vionique Valnord)

Grand Concourse still ‘big, scary street’ full of risks for pedestrians after recent death (Virginia Verdee)

Jersey City man to cops: You didn’t have to shoot my wife (Martina Brown)

What Happened to Sheneque Proctor? (Sheneque Proctor)


http://bougieblackgirl.com/black-women-girls-killed-law-enforcement-see-faces-speak-names-know-stories/

Hmmmmm one, two, three, four aaaaaaand...five. Yup, that looks like 'em all.

Must be that new math.

giphy.gif
 
tumblr_nhm10oIhwr1rv7g55o1_500.jpg


pervocracy:

The best comedy about North Korea, far better than The Interview, was made six years ago.

It’s called The Red Chapel, and it’s a documentary about two Danish-Korean comedians who go to North Korea to perform for Kim Jong Il. The idea they had was that they would do subversive comedy, they would come up with a sketch that looked like goofy slapstick but slyly mocked the North Korean government, and it would be a hilarious slap in the face to do it right in front of Kim Jong Il. That big silly wouldn’t even know they were making fun of him! Ha!

Over the course of their stay in North Korea, the idea falls apart. It becomes clear during rehearsals that their government minders are very aware of anything that could be the slightest bit subversive (or even really funny), and if any of that makes it into the final performance, the consequences will be very bad. Anything remotely satirical gets cut from the routine very early on.

Things go from demoralizing to horrific when the government minders take them on outings to see life in North Korea. Of course everyone they see looks totally fine and claims everything is wonderful. But one of the comedians has cerebral palsy, and he starts asking: why don’t I see any people like me? We’ve been here for weeks, and seen thousands of people; how is it that not one of them is visibly disabled?

He doesn’t get an answer. He breaks down emotionally and refuses to keep going along with the charade, but because his voice is hard for the North Korean minders to understand, the director “translates” his protests into praise for the regime. He’s trying to protect his friend but it’s awful and cruel and gut-wrenchingly hard to watch the scenes where the comedian is screaming “that’s not what I said!” and the director is frantically whispering “just play along!” at him.

In the end, they go out in front of a heavily coached audience and do a completely harmless show with kazoos and spring snakes and silly costumes. All hope for satire breaks down and they give exactly the show the government minders wanted, because it’s the only thing they can do. Subversiveness wouldn’t be clever; it might be fatal. Instead of getting away with something, they end up hating themselves and violating their own principles. They came to mess around with a silly weird country that doesn’t know how ridiculous it is, and instead they found themselves surrounded by very serious and real and terrifying oppression.

The Red Chapel isn’t funny, and totally fails to satirize or expose or change anything, and that’s why it’s the only good comedy about North Korea.


http://pervocracy.tumblr.com/post/107015479864/the-best-comedy-about-north-korea-far-better
 
Back
Top