The Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass

Earlier this month, an Ipsos poll found that nearly half of Republicans now believe "the news media is the enemy of the American people."


"Today's arrest of Robert Chain should serve a warning to others that making threats is not a prank — it's a federal crime," Shaw said.

August 30, 2018

Prosecuting U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling said, "In a time of increasing political polarization, and amid the increasing incidence of mass shootings, members of the public must police their own political rhetoric."

Lelling was careful not to name Trump in his statement, instead saying, "Anyone — regardless of political affiliation — who puts others in fear for their lives will be prosecuted by this office."

https://www.wgbh.org/news/national-...umps-words-charged-with-threatening-newspaper
 
Victimhood !

Orange Cheeto-lini rages ", I am the victim of my enemies !"


A baby is one of his enemies ?
The baby died after it was jailed in baby prison.


Victimhood, is a product, sold by fringe Far Right Extremists. (Victimized minority communities are not part their voting block- See Mitt Romney's quote)


In step with Orange Cheeto-lini, Republicans embraced Extremists. Is it coming back, around, to bite them in the arse ?

Will Sommer
@willsommer
·
3h
The House hearing on Twitter's alleged discrimination against conservatives is about to start.



Sen.Marco tried to ignore Jones’ rants, but Jones called Rubio a “frat boy” and touched him on the shoulder.

Rubio turned to him and said, “Hey, don’t touch me again — I’m asking you not to touch me.”


https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...-threatens-take-care-alex-jones-confrontation

Twitter's Jack Dorsey faces more questions as Google snubs Congress


Facebook chief Sheryl Sandberg among those called to testify



https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ebook-sheryl-sandberg-twitter-congress-russia


Trump claimed that Google and Facebook suppress conservative content. The reason why is simple: we see what they think we want to, because it’s in their business interest

The underlying insinuation was that firms like Google, in designing features like search engine results pages and the algorithms that power them, perpetuate a kind of bias against conservative media in the US. His message, in all its brashness, was very clear: that there is an insidious suppression of certain kinds of US news outlets, and that should the internet platform companies fail to address it, the president himself will do so through the power vested in him – including, potentially, by levying heavy-handed regulation.

Silicon Valley is being accused of liberal bias, when in fact the evidence that conservatives point to is only a manifestation of the American political culture itself. That the algorithms recommend certain political news sources instead of others on Google – such as CNN over Breitbart, NBC over Fox, or the New York Times over the New York Post – is an artifact of the modern American culture itself, more so than any sort of nefarious proactive or oblivious suppression of politically conservative content.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-valley-regulation-google-fake-news-misguided

Google refuses to send senior executive, so an empty chair is left in their place
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey live tweets his opening remarks

The hearings went slightly better than Mr Zuckerberg's venture to the Capitol in April, when members of Congress needed explanations of some of the platform's basic functions. This time, they challenged the executives with hard-hitting questions about foreign actors and political bias

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-latest-updates-a8523701.html#post-1137424269
 
The Political LOL thread was not the place for this comment. Usually, the posts on the LOL thread can draw a laugh out of me, even if a pang of stabbing pain accompanies it.

These days, the story of Trump's Spite House is less laughable, now that Kavanaugh is due to seat his arse on the Supreme Court bench.

Kavanaugh is a fucking liar.

He's using boiler plate to deflect the real question.

This isn't fucking even remotely funny!

The House, The Senate, The Supreme Court, The Presidency, The Vice Presidency, The Administration, The Military, The Police State, The Extremist Right Religious, and an Extremists Right propaganda structure, all in the hands of Extremist Republican.

They sold America to Russia.

It was the only way they could win.

I fear that we might lose every good thing that defines the ideal America, completely.

So, here it is-

google googly-eyes!

When in motion, the calculated positioning of the (Trump's Head) GOP nominee’s head above the wheel arches makes it appear as if he’s got googly eyes


(I had no idea the Danes recognized the rotten-ness growing in America.)


Even This Bus In Denmark Is Rolling Its Eyes At Donald Trump

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0990edc304f45


I remembered Judge Doom from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" had googly-eyes, and he was an evil fucker.


I tend to favor Mike Pence in the Judge Doom role. The evil fucker Pence nursed a sub-culture all of his life, then used it to reach the position of second in command. Trump's history seems to have driven him to become the gigantic Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, from Ghostbusters. If it were not for the people that enabled Trump, he would have remained a tiny, powerless, figure of ridicule.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders seems to have been born with Judge Doom's evil googly-eyes. She is an evil fucker, too.

Who could possibly guess what those on the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass think about adding another power source to their private kingdom, through Kavanaugh. (Thanks Mitch McConnell, you selfish dick!) They will be much more effective in perverting America, and exacting a twisted and tormented form.

...at all costs...
 
How much of Russian political culture does the members of the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass want inside of American political culture ?

Do they want to become the equivalent of the Russian political mafia, themselves ?

This

(Orange Cheeto-lini) ordered his defence secretary to assassinate Syria’s president Bashar al-Assad and “kill the f****** lot of them” in the leader’s regime, in the wake of a chemical attack against civilians, according to a new book.

Defence secretary James Mattis is said to have told the president during a phone call he would “get right on it” before hanging up the phone and instead telling an aide: “We’re not going to do any of that. We’re going to be much more measured.” In the wake of the chemical attack in April 2017, the president’s national security team developed options that included the more conventional airstrike that Mr Trump eventually ordered.




https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ar-book-syria-assad-kill-claims-a8523176.html

and This

A day after the prime minister, Theresa May, told the UK parliament that two members of the Russian military intelligence agency, GRU, had been found to have carried out the novichok nerve agent attack in March, which poisoned the former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, international repercussions came swiftly and decisively. Led by the UK ambassador to the UN, Karen Pierce, a host of governments turned on Moscow.

Pierce accused Russia of “playing dice with the lives of the people of Salisbury”.


https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rrage-of-criticism-at-un-over-novichok-attack
 
"Alter reality, so that it may match the vision that I have, of how the world should appear, for me."

Trump, leader of defectors that prefer the Alice in Wonderland's looking glass version.

SEPT. 6, 2018


Report: Trump’s Inauguration Pics Were Edited to Make the Crowd Look Bigger

On January 21, 2017, former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer stood before the media and declared that Donald Trump’s inauguration crowd was the biggest ever. It was a lie, of course, and a new report from The Guardian suggests that Spicer and Trump went to great lengths to substantiate it, leading a National Park Service photographer to crop photos so that the inauguration day crowd looked bigger.

She reached out to the photographer who covered the inauguration and he edited some photos by “cropping out the sky and cropping out the bottom where the crowd ended.” He told investigators, he did that to “show that there had been more of a crowd."


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...on-pics-edited-to-make-crowd-look-bigger.html
 
"I did not say that."
-Orange Cheeto-Lini tRump

(video clip recording proves that Orange Cheeto-lini did say that, while many major news media cameras were actively in use, and reporters tapped tweets, or scribbled his words on paper.)

"It's clear that White House stenographers do not serve his administration, but rather his adversary: the truth.”

Ms Dorey-Stein, former White House stenographer

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...h-stenographer-beck-dorey-stein-a8457271.html

How did Orange Cheeto-lini threaten adversaries ? Orange Cheeto-lini would claim he had recordings. (What he meant, was Russia claimed they had recordings.) When Orange Cheeto-lini was confronted, he would quickly walk back the claim, and admit that no recordings were made, and he had no proof of his claims.

"I lied."
"So, what ?"
"Sue me."
*smirk*
-Orange Cheeto-lini

Robert Mueller- "O.K. Testify. Tell us everything."
 
Cagle explained the reptilian maneuvers of Republicans in the Trump era out loud.


Cagle confessed to having backed “bad public policy” in order to keep a school-choice lobby group from supporting his opponent.



Cagle told Tippins that primary voters “don’t give a shit” about policy.


“The primary,” Cagle said in the clip, “felt like it was who had the biggest gun, who had the biggest truck, and who could be the craziest.”

How a Secret Recording Swung the Republican Gubernatorial Primary in Georgia

July 25, 2018

When he ( Cagle) met with Clay Tippins, (the fourth-place finisher), Tippins slipped an iPhone into his coat pocket and secretly pressed record.


Tippins released the first audio clip.

Kemp released a second clip.

Kemp won the runoff.

The recordings came to define the election


Kemp liked to call himself the “politically incorrect candidate,” though this felt like cynical cultural signalling, too, because it was so tepid. “I am tired of politically correct liberals,” Kemp said, “who are offended by our faith, our guns, and our big trucks,” but even this riff was borrowed from Cagle’s loose talk on Tippins’s tape.

...the President announced on Twitter that he was supporting Kemp, perhaps because of the scandal over Cagle’s recordings or maybe because Kemp hired some political consultants close to the White House—theories vary.


https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...e-republican-gubernatorial-primary-in-georgia


Kemp rich white businessman from the progressive outpost of Athens, bested Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle in Tuesday’s runoff after a primary best characterized (as Cagle did in a taped conversation that doomed him in the end) as a Trump-era slugfest to see “who could be the craziest.” Not a single state-level policy issue came into play, thanks largely to Kemp, who set the tone with a slick series of political infomercials casting him as a cross between a shotgun-wielding suburbanite and an actor auditioning for the lead role in Forrest Gump II: Bounty Hunter.


Kemp wants to — has to — cast the governor’s race as a culture war. He already has, as his ad campaign and his victory speech on Tuesday night demonstrated.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...eorgias-race-for-governor-will-be-won-703266/


"Vice President Mike Pence said it best, Kemp Strong," said Kemp.


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/us/politics/brian-kemp-speech.html

Mike Pence in Georgia, Eric Trump in California

http://www.gpbnews.org/post/political-rewind-mike-pence-campaign-kemp
 
September 21, 2018

The Republican party is continuing to impress women in America, and around the world, how utterly contemptuous Republican men are towards women.

This might tip the scales in the coming elections. OTOH, on the Other Side of Alice In Wonderland's Looking Glass, nothing matters but the main objective. The optics do not matter to any of the men that decided to pretend to live On the Other Side of the Looking Glass. All pretense has been shed, and the facade has collapsed.


This began with the abuse of emergency measures, made under a Gentlemen's agreement. Agreements were made during a period of mutual respect, trust, honorable behaviour, and neutrality, centered around concern for the nation's well being.

Built into the system, because people are imperfect, and only human, unable to forsee every possibility.

Betrayal, was the Republican method of gaining ground in the most dishonest way possible.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/20/6498...t-the-fbi-to-reopen-a-kavanaugh-investigation


What difference does it make who asks the questions?



It's against the law to lie to Congress, but lying to the FBI is considered really serious. The answers that people in this case might give to FBI investigators could be suggestive in terms of what they say they remember, what they deny and what level of detail they are willing to volunteer — mindful about the potential penalty for lying.
 
Paul Krugman
@paulkrugman
·
15h
Things we've learned about the right lately:

People who run ethics centers have no ethics
Evangelical leaders who thunder about sin don't actually care about morality
Fiscal conservatives don't actually care about deficits
And much, much more 1/

9:23 AM · Sep 21, 2018


Replying to
@paulkrugman
Oh, and super patriots are fine with foreign subversion as long as it helps them

Why, it's almost as if progressive claims that the whole modern conservative movement was hypocritical and interested only in power were completely correct 2/


9:25 AM · Sep 21, 2018

This week's political editorial cartoon

Brett Kavanaugh pins statue of Lady Justice down, covers her mouth, cuts off her ability to breathe with his hand, gropes her with the other hand, and tries to rip off her robes

All of the Democrats, are stuck in the elevator, screaming for someone to STOP Kavanaugh


Some of the Republican men are laughing, because sexual abuse of a woman is a joke, to them.Some Republican men are watching the door, to keep the public out, and un-informed.Some Republican men are covering their ears, and squeezing their eyelids down tight.

Two Republican women are left waiting, outside of the room.

Who will jump onto the the struggling pair ? Interrupt Kavanaugh's aggressive attack ? Who will save Lady Liberty from asphyxiation, and rape, and allow her to escape ?

Which Republicans are waiting for a turn, to attack Lady Liberty, themselves ?

These are the Republican men, that gave women the choice of not receiving an abortion, or submitting to a rape with a vaginal ultrasound wand that may detect a fetus heartbeat.
 
One doctored film clip for the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass, and on untouched filmclip for people that stubbornly demand reality based statements

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/fox-news-cuts-trump-speech-clip-just-un


Trump PR team managing Fox News’ Twitter feed was on the ego-massaging job!

Raw Story caught the propagandists' thoughtful editing (of Trump's awkward and cringe inducing experience of triggering a mass laugh reaction, expressing disbelief and ridicule of Trump). They included the line, “In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country.” But they (FOX TV) cut out the (laughter) reaction afterward.


Later, FoxNews.com posted a clip of the full moment, probably after it went viral, and suggested that Trump was in on the joke-

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/fox-news-cuts-trump-speech-clip-just-un


Coming soon!
Trump faceplants into White House lawn, after exit from helicopter. Trump announces that he "meant to do that."

Niki Haley attends to her extra duties


https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/nikki-haley-trump-laughed-at-un-respect.html


Andrew Feinberg

@AndrewFeinberg
Another lie: “I don’t speak to [ @seanhannity ] very much” —@realDonaldTrump

6:05 PM - Sep 26, 2018
 
How much of Russian political culture does the members of the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass want inside of American political culture ?

How about the part where the crime comes last of all?

Then, at least, we could kick the crimes down the road. And who's gonna be in shape to rob a bank after doing 25 years for it?!
 
Last edited:
One doctored film clip for the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass, and on untouched filmclip for people that stubbornly demand reality based statements

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/fox-news-cuts-trump-speech-clip-just-un


Trump PR team managing Fox News’ Twitter feed was on the ego-massaging job!

Raw Story caught the propagandists' thoughtful editing (of Trump's awkward and cringe inducing experience of triggering a mass laugh reaction, expressing disbelief and ridicule of Trump). They included the line, “In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country.” But they (FOX TV) cut out the (laughter) reaction afterward.


Later, FoxNews.com posted a clip of the full moment, probably after it went viral, and suggested that Trump was in on the joke-

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/fox-news-cuts-trump-speech-clip-just-un

But if you were following along on Fox News' Twitter feed, you didn't see this stunning and humiliating moment of Trump becoming a laughing stock before the entire world. Instead, Fox tweeted a video that abruptly cuts off right as Trump said, "the history of our country," removing the laughter entirely from the short 11-second clip, as Wahington Post reporter Aaron Blake pointed out.

The following video, which is over a minute long, picks up from right after the laughter ended and as Trump began bragging about the U.S. economy. Watch the two clips below:

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...-laughing-trump-clips-his-embarrassing-speech

“Oh it was great. Well that was meant to get some laughter, but it was great,” Mr Trump said of the laughter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...gh-un-speech-united-nations-nyc-a8556166.html

Is Trump borrowing from G.W. Bush's clown act, of inappropriate behaviour and jokes ?

Coming soon!
Trump faceplants into White House lawn, after exit from helicopter. Trump announces that he "meant to do that."

Niki Haley attends to her extra duties

Not laughing at him

https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/nikki-haley-trump-laughed-at-un-respect.html


Andrew Feinberg

@AndrewFeinberg
Another lie: “I don’t speak to [ @seanhannity ] very much” —@realDonaldTrump

6:05 PM - Sep 26, 2018



Mr Trump that he posted up to attack his predecessor, former President Barack Obama.

“We need a President who isn’t a laughing stock to the entire World,” one tweet from 2014 read. “We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...gh-un-speech-united-nations-nyc-a8556166.html
 
Is Trump borrowing from G.W. Bush's clown act, of inappropriate behaviour and jokes ?

Al Franken, now, he'd make a great POTUS as regards humor. Too bad about the #metoo thing. The only instance that shocked me more was Garrison Keillor.
 
On the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass, Ladies Against Women are waging a campaign


The Other Side is supporting their hero, Brett Kavanaugh

Vera Bergengruen
@VeraMBergen

Text blast that just went out from the Trump campaign: “Judge Kavanaugh has become the victim of a televised witch hunt playing out in front of his own family"

6:37 PM · Sep 26, 2018

Title of the pro-Kavanaugh ad -We Can't Be Silent

(As far as is current, only one of Kavanaugh's victims will be heard. The other four have been silenced by exclusion.)

Stand By Judge Kavanaugh
Sign Your Name

"Democrats only want to smear this man because he was nominated by President Trump.”

(Trump won the spotlight, by having a press conference. He talked out of every side of his mouth possible.)


They've (Liberal senators )+even told us to "SHUT UP."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...-false-press-conference?bfsource=ovthpvariant

The diplomats say they were laughing at Trump

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtm...aughed-donald-trump?__twitter_impression=true

Deny, deny, deny

"We had fun," Trump said. "That was not laughing at me. So the fake news said 'people laughed at President Trump.' They didn't laugh at me, people had a good time with me. We were doing it together, we had a good time."
 
Some of the angry women, that Trump was refering to- the Ladies Against Women


In 1991, Ricky Silberman, Anita Blair and Barbara Kay Bracher formed a group called “Women for Judge Thomas” that led the fight to discredit and silence Anita Hill.


Independent Women’s Forum (IWF), is now one of the right-wing groups rallying support for the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court

Lisa Graves, who has done in-depth research on IWF with the Center for Media and Democracy, which she formerly headed, told Ms. The strategy, Graves says, “boiled down to denying [Hill’s] experience as inauthentic and deceitful because Thomas had not sexually harassed [other women].” Supporters of Kavanaugh are now employing this tactic against Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.



IWF and its 501(c)(4) affiliate, Independent Women’s Voice (IWV), claim to be independent and to speak for women—but in fact, they are a female front for rich, white men like the Koch brothers to sell misogynist policies and candidates to women under the guise of non-partisanship and neutrality. The Koch network of billionaires has given IWF more than $5 million between 2001 and 2014, and many IWF employees come from Koch-controlled or funded groups. IWF has also received donations from Exxon Mobil and Rush Limbaugh. Ironically, the overwhelming majority of known donors to Independent Women’s Voice are men. Not surprisingly, IWF and IWV’s policy positions reflect the views of those male supporters. Graves, who has called IWF “an ultra reactionary women’s group opposing women’s rights,” observed that the group has “provided Republicans in Congress with women’s voices to testify against affirmative action, social safety net programs and gun violence mitigation measures,” giving a “female face and voice to opposing almost every mainstream and common sense protection for equality that’s been advanced.”


IWF helps Republican lawmakers try to appeal to women—despite their misogynist positions. The group has consistently opposed policies that would advance equal pay, earned sick leave and paid parental leave; increase the minimum wage; and secure and uphold women’s reproductive privacy and freedom. IWF’s leaders lobbied against the Violence Against Women Act, falsely declaring in the process that “wives instigate violence, including severe violence, against husbands more often than husbands do against wives,” and have argued that the problem of sexual assault on college campuses is overblown. They have attacked Title IX protections for female athletes and claimed that integrating the Virginia Military Institute would cripple national defense.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1016216552
 
The Backlash that follows...

I have watched that backlash, for most of my life.

(Is it not an odd turn of phrase ? Someone's back will be lashed, by someone else, that is standing behind them ? The lash must travel backwards, before it snaps forward.)

Why did I repress the phrase "human shield, when I thought of how the Republicans made use of Rachel Mitchell, the prosecutor of Dr. Christine Blaise Ford.

Perhaps, because the Republicans were not making use of someone that was a member of the minority community, to deny that racism was at the center of their activities. They were using a woman as a shield, to deny that sexism was at the center of their activism.

Fetus shield, God/god shield at the center of sexist activism.


There is no shield against rape But, the rapist, himself/herself is shielded.


Is there something in the Republican party, that hides behind the Rapist's shield ?



Why do so many men in the Republican party, seem to be men that never grew up, and that were never allowed to join the LGBT community of their free will. Men that never recovered from rape.

Republican men raping Republican men, is not talked about. Is that part of Republican culture ? Violence, abuse, and humiliation, are part of fraternity culture. Maybe, male on male rape, is part of that culture, too. Is there a huge amount of denial rotting in the deep shadows ?


The Republican alliance insures that secrets are kept. What secrets are kept by the Evangelical community ?



Society has just started peeling back the layers covering up sexual abuse, violence against women in the home, and at work. Rape in university settings, violence and abuse in fraternities and sororities. (Sadly, Trump's Betsy DeVos is trying to smother voices of victims in universities. Attending to the sexual abuse problem is expensive, and cuts into profits. The administration does not want to have the name of their university linked with the mention of rape. As if rape will magically cease to exist, if the word is not said. (What is not said, is men are more valued than women by the university, because the glass ceiling insures women will not reach mega-donor level. Universities are now expected to intercede for the sons of highly placed families. Betsy DeVos is assisting the universities in the punishment of the rape victims that dare to seek justice, and discouraging disclosure.)

It is the oddest thing, how abusive Republican men are, in public. When I watched Kavanaugh's and Lindsey Graham's, I felt sad for their children. Is this how their fathers look, when they are angry and frustrated ? Or, do they save their theatrical loss of temper for the camera, to telegraph permission to feel hatred towards Democrats. The Hillary hearings were shocking of how far Republican let themselves go into rages. These are the same men that critical of women, for lack of emotional control.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-angry-730645/


"As the voices of #MeToo rise, these powerful white men somehow feel silenced."

"Kavanaugh is a retort."

gsgs comment-
After Brett Kavanaugh spouted his well-rehearsed rant/tantrum?
/end gsgs comment

Brett Kavanaugh hid behind his indignation until he no longer could, when Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) called his tough-guy bluff. If Kavanaugh was so certain of his innocence, Durbin asked, why not turn to White House counsel Don McGahn and demand that these claims be investigated by federal authorities so that he may be exonerated?

Durbin pinned Kavanaugh so hard to the mat that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), once thought to be reasonable, tried to shift the momentum with a hysterical tirade-


But it was Lindsey Graham who went apoplectic. “What you want to do is destroy this guy’s life, hold this seat open, and hope you win in 2020,” he shouted at Democrats during his turn for questions. “This is the most unethical sham since I’ve been in politics.”

“Boy, y’all want power,” he continued. “God, I hope you never get it.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...ainted-nominee

Now that the curtain has been pulled on this particular nomination, Kavanaugh—by appearing in a prime-time TV interview, and in casting the accusations, incredibly, as a conspiracy against him orchestrated by allies of the Clintons—has shown himself to be exactly the political operative he was when he was working under Ken Starr and as a hired gun for the Bush Administration. He is, backed into a corner and stripped of his robes, the quintessential Fox News Man-both gladiator and perpetual victim, another “white male,” as Graham called himself on Friday, told to shut up and go away by feminists and a vindictive left. Belligerent, wounded, proud, timorous, and entitled—a man given to gaslighting and dissembling under pressure. He is a personality type well known to victimized women and familiar now to all who have followed American politics in the age of Trump.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-ford-backlash



During Thursday’s hearing, he interrupted Rachel Mitchell, the sex crimes prosecutor that Republicans had deputized to ask questions during the hearing, to deliver a furious rant in defense of Kavanaugh.

“To my Republican colleagues, if you vote no, you’re legitimizing the most despicable thing I have seen in my time in politics,” Graham said during Thursday’s hearing.


After Graham spoke, Mitchell was denied a single additional question. The Republicans on the committee, all white men, took turns apologizing to Kavanaugh for what he had gone through.

The literal silencing of Mitchell, and the stolid refusal to credit Ford’s account of Kavanaugh’s behavior, shows just how much contempt the modern Republican Party has for the idea of taking women’s equality seriously.


https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-ford-backlash
 
Did you know that some Right Wing Republicans believe that men are considered guilty of rape, until proven innocent ?

Did you know that America is shaming males for being male ?


(Me, neither. If I was brainwashed by FOX TV, I might believe that,too.)


The Extremist Right Wing Republicans, the Extremist Right Religious Republicans, and FOX TV, are having a Hate Festival.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/k...bert-jeffress/

September 25, 2018

From American Values president Gary Bauer to the National Rifle Association spokesperson Dana Loesch, most of the speakers at VVS were sure of one thing: Brett Kavanaugh is a flawless candidate for the Supreme Court, and allegations by Christine Blasey Ford that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in high school were “unproven and unprovable.


In his speech, Bauer compared the allegations against Kavanaugh to those made against Justice Clarence Thomas by Anita Hill. Bauer defended Thomas’ actions as simply “boorish behavior.”


However, he did have some strong words for the protesters opposing Kavanaugh, calling them “antifa wannabes acting like little Nazis trying to shout down the hearings” because “the left is scared to death that at some point there might be five Justices on the Supreme Court that will actually make a ruling that could save a few babies.”


https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...U11Ec****itter
 
Malice and Neglect


When the (tRump) administration eventually sent people, there was a pattern in who was appointed.

"Everybody who showed up was a Trump loyalist," Lewis says. "And very few of them had any kind of qualifications for the jobs they were being sent into. And the spirit with which they approach was a kind of vague hostility to the enterprise."

(gsgs comment- tRump operatives were sent to beneficial institutions, to exploit them, corrupt them, exploit them, and drain the tax payers coffers, through them. Wealthy donors, sent to jobs they knew nothing about. tRump's sons sent their friends to these offices, to do what tRump wanted them to do. Friends Loyal to Trump.)

Fractured Fairy Tale ?

First let's explain why Miss Finley wanted her barn gone: Her husband had killed himself in the barn, and she imagined this act of destruction would come and kind of ease her pain — she wouldn't have to stare at the barn any longer. And what she doesn't imagine is that the same tornado that's going to come take her barn is going to destroy her house, and she didn't want that.

And I thought it was a kind of a lovely metaphor for what Trump voters imagine — or how their imaginations work, or how the human imagination works. It imagines the destruction it wants; it imagines the destruction it wants Trump to inflict on the things it doesn't like about the government.

It doesn't imagine all the collateral damage — it doesn't imagine the damage it will actually do. And I think this failure of the imagination is somewhere near the center of what we're going through right now.



https://www.npr.org/2018/10/01/6534...michael-lewis-on-trump-loyalists-run-agencies


Home Truth
Divider Line

WORLD

In 1999, Colorado mother Jessica Gonzales experienced every parent's worst nightmare when her three young daughters were killed after being abducted by their father in violation of a restraining order.

Devastated, Jessica filed a lawsuit against the police, claiming they did not adequately enforce her restraining order despite her repeated calls for help that night. Determined to make sure her daughters did not die in vain, Jessica pursued her case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court and an international human rights tribunal, seeking to strengthen legal rights for domestic violence victims. Meanwhile, her relationship with her one-surviving child, her son Jessie, suffered, as he struggled with the tragedy in his own way. Filmed over the course of nine years, HOME TRUTH chronicles one family's pursuit of justice, shedding light on how our society responds to domestic violence and how the trauma from domestic violence tragedies can linger throughout generations.

Devastated, Jessica files a lawsuit against the police and her town, claiming that over the course of 10 hours, she repeatedly begged the police to enforce her restraining order and bring her daughters home, but the police did not adequately respond. Hoping to prevent a similar tragedy from happening to the millions of domestic violence victims and their families in the U.S. who depend on restraining orders for protection, as we see in Home Truth, Jessica embarks on a legal quest to the Supreme Court and beyond, asking courts to determine if police have a duty to enforce restraining orders.

https://itvs.org/films/home-truth


At the end the Supreme Court failed her.

I brought a lawsuit against the Castle Rock Police Department in the U.S. courts and pursued it to the highest court in the land, the U.S. Supreme Court. The Court found that I had no right to expect the protective order to be enforced by the police, denied me the right to go to trial and tell my story, and dismissed the case.

I brought this petition to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights because I have been denied justice in the United States. It's too late for Rebecca, Katheryn, and Leslie but it's not too late to create good law and policies for others. Police have to be required to enforce restraining orders or else these orders are meaningless and give a false sense of security. We need to hold the U.S. government accountable.


https://www.aclu.org/other/jessica-gonzales-statement-iachr


Depending on where protective orders are obtained, they may be worthless pieces of paper

Gonzales filed a lawsuit against the police, but in June 2005 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that she had no Constitutional right to police enforcement of her restraining order.

She then filed a petition with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, saying that the inaction of the police and the Supreme Court's decision violated her human rights.

Status: In a landmark decision, the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) found the U.S. government responsible for human rights violations against Jessica Lenahan (formerly Gonzales) and her three deceased children who were victims of domestic violence.

https://www.aclu.org/cases/jessica-gonzales-v-usa


Status: In a landmark decision, the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) found the U.S. government responsible for human rights violations against Jessica Lenahan (formerly Gonzales) and her three deceased children who were victims of domestic violence.


The unspoken truth- The law kicks in after the law is broken. The protective order may request help in preventing death, but that is not the police officer's job. They are just sent in after the murders are committed.

What is the message to women or men that may be murdered ? Get a gun, kill to defend yourself, and go to prison for committing murder.

The unspoken issue is police are injured or killed during domestic violence calls. This is toxic masculinity at its worst. A police officer does not want to die for a woman, or a man, and their children.

There are many examples of police officers standing by, watching a man beat a woman to death. I am not certain, about watching a man getting beaten to death.

Besides, watching their fellow officers beat a man to death.
 
They want to be Trump.



They can't be bothered with being receptive to another point of view.



They would rather brood on their dissatisfaction, resentment, and hostility.


They voted for Trump, because he said "grab them by pussy."


https://www.wonkette.com/trump-didnt-win-in-spite-of-the-access-hollywood-tape-but-because-of-it

This week marks the two year anniversary of the Access Hollywood tape, in which Donald Trump bragged about how he can walk up to women and just grab them by the pussy.

They liked the idea of this rich white man being able to put women in their place. They voted for him because of this.

Trump Didn't Win In Spite Of The Access Hollywood Tape. He Won Because

It was five words that sealed the deal. "And they just let you." That was key.


When he said, "And they just let you," it gave these people a glimmer of hope for a power they felt they once had and have since lost. That's what "putting someone in their place" means. It means that you have the power "and they just let you."

The things the Right truly wants cannot be achieved legislatively.

This is why they are still so angry -- because Donald Trump was supposed to bring about social change, he was supposed to give them cultural capital, he was supposed to give them their social power back.

They were supposed to be "tired of winning."

He was supposed to change the narrative around to make them the heroes instead of the villains.

He was supposed to make it so that we cared what they thought of us and then adjusted our behavior accordingly.

They will not stop being angry until they finally feel as if we don't think we are better than they are.

They will not stop being angry until they can figuratively (and perhaps literally) go around grabbing anyone they imagine ought to be beneath them on the social totem pole by the pussy, and have those people "just let them."
 
Alternative Far Right Network

Why would any Trump operative risk criticism and ridicule, by attempting to interact with the world at large without intervention ?


FOX TV provides everyone that exited reality, a safe-space free of any chance of being confronted with reality.

from the Boston Globe-

OCTOBER 08, 2018

Surprising no one, former White House communications director Hope Hicks has announced that she is joining Fox, the new parent company of Fox News, as an executive vice president and chief communications officer. She’ll move to Los Angeles to run their public relations, and she’ll report to Lachlan Murdoch, eldest son of Rupert.

When Hope Hicks left the White House, she was replaced by Bill Shine, who had been serving as Fox News’s senior vice president.


Hope Hicks resigned in February, after serving as one of his most loyal and long-serving aides.


Matthew Gilbert's personal note-

"I'd suggest that the move would give Fox News an edge in access to the president, but Trump has already made Fox News his favorite. He has given the network more interviews that any other by a long shot — some 33, compared to six for the next on the list, Bloomberg."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/te...ng-fox-news/vEgBgk3hyiVu8U6wXEM2VK/story.html

*apologies to West Side Story

When you're a Trump loyalist
You're a Trump man all the way
From your first obvious lie
To your last dyin' day

When you're a Trump loyalist
If the shit hits the fan,
Let Dems do what they can
The fix is in, good
Kavanaugh's a loyalist man

Kavanaugh is never alone,
Kavanaugh is never disconnected.
Kavanaugh is home with his own—
*Nothing is un-expected,
Kavanaugh was well protected

Trump is all set
With a capital K
Could not block Kavanaugh
though Rapey McKav lied, all the way

When you're a Trump Loyalist
You stay
Bought

*As was discovered, Kavanaugh was communicating about possible accusations well ahead of the hearing
 
This month a microphone was pulled out of the hands of a major news network reporter. The woman that was trying to get Trump to answer a question, she received rude and dismissive treatment from Trump.

This week a Republican man pulls the microphone out of the hands of the Democrat woman that debated him. She had not finished answering a question.


RPL Debate - Mic Ripped from Jamie Mahlberg's hand

Legislative forums sponsored by the League of Women Voters Rochester are typically earnest, decorous and orderly affairs.

But an exception to that rule occurred Monday during a forum between incumbent GOP state Rep. Duane Quam and DFL challenger Jamie Mahlberg at Rochester Public Library. Near the end of the debate, Quam, seeking to rebut a point Mahlberg made, reached over and yanked the microphone out of her hand.

The aggressive gesture drew a gasp from the audience and, judging from her expression, clearly startled Mahlberg. When Quam was done with his rebuttal, he then dismissively tossed the mic back at Mahlberg, again drawing commotion from the audience.


The forum was lived-streamed on the city's website. And, within hours of the forum's conclusion, a short video of the moment was circulating widely on social media, drawing commentary that criticized Quam's behavior as "boorish," "bullying," and "obnoxious." The video created a statewide stir as well as one progressive group called Action Together TC tweeted out the video with an appeal for donations.


https://www.postbulletin.com/news/e...cle_63a4d1d4-cbf0-11e8-bcfe-1b7cf3868651.html
 
*looks at nine different issues, connects the dots, and concludes*

Considering, that what roils beneath the surface, there are many unspoken truths.



In New England, there are "We Do Not Talk About That" issues.



The issues are sticky, impossible to sort out, and are booby-traps.


Getting into bed with enemies, in order to ameliorate problems, seems to be an ongoing conundrum.


Working with the weapons and alliances that are available.


Dating back to before Sumeria.


We were animals, before we reached a pinnacle.


Animals have their own deceptions, betrayals, treachery.



The human animals almost broke the chain.


"Lord, what fools these mortals be!"

Puck:
Captain of our fairy band,
Helena is here at hand,
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be!

Midsummer Night's Dream
 
For those, that have no use for reality-

gsgs comment-

Time magazine was able to force Orange tRump to cease pretending. tRump did not mind if the artwork had no connection to reality.

tRump was forced to remove the false advertisements from his business property.


Now that he sits in the Oval office, an artist is happy to help tRump supporters to pretend.

- Remember tRump Crossing the Delaware painting ? Rep. Darrell Issa is responsible for this latest White House "artwork."
/end gsgs comment

October 14, 2018

The artwork, “The Republican Club” by Andy Thomas, could be seen in the background of a photo tweeted by 60 Minutes, which aired an interview with Trump on Sunday night.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...of-himself-with-gop-presidents-in-white-house


Josh Billinson
@jbillinson

oh my god, it's hanging in the white house


8:14 PM · Oct 14, 2018

gsgs comment-

Dead men make no complaints-

"It doesn't matter, he's dying anyway."
-Kelly Sadler

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-mccain-trump-aide-dying-anyway_us_5af54ee7e4b0e57cd9f82367
 
The internet responded to Orange tRump's favorite new artwork (as seen on 60 Minutes), with a parody

Abraham Lincoln, and Former Republican Presidents were replaced with recently exposed men of infamous scandal in relation to #MeToo

Camacho Jones
@JonesCamacho
·
6h
Someone
@BeardedGenius
I think posted this but it still had Lincoln so I added
@BrettKavanaugh
.The others were already there
@BillOReilly

@BillCosby

@realDonaldTrump

@KevinSpacey

@woodyallen
I personally don't think
@louisck
is as bad as the others.
#Trump #Painting #Sex #MeToo

5:17 PM · Oct 15, 2018

(He missed Harvey Weinstein)
 
According to Payne and Doak, many evangelicals believed they were at an inflection point after former President Barack Obama’s reelection that showed they had lost control of the country to secularism.

The fact that Trump won, despite being a heavy underdog and despite receiving fewer votes than his Democratic rival, was seen as a divine sign that God was not forsaking Christian America.

“Trump’s surprising win — despite his overt rejection of traditional Christian morals — offers proof of the president’s status as God’s chosen leader,” they write.


https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/bi...plain-evangelicals-convinced-god-chose-trump/

gsgs comment-
God/god wills it ? (Who willed the Russians to directly interfere ?)

/end gsgs comment
 
Back
Top