Wishlist: A breast size website

This is a bit dated, but you could still use the references.

5059831_700b.jpg

I went to Singapore, walked past a lingerie store and thought 'wow, look at those gorgeous bras!' Went inside to try some on and discovered what are small tits in Australia are fucking watermelons in Asia, and the only bras that fit me were ugly, ugly creations that were reminiscent of nursing bras.

Yes! I'm not exactly over endowed and I'm a bit more than 5 ft. went to Hong Kong when I was 16 and I was large for everything and it was hard to find anything that fitted. And no shoes.... I felt very un-delicate

Thank you all for the awesome discussion. Please continue on.

I am in full agreement about not assuming that bra sizes mean anything. My works attest to that. In fact, it is this very discussion that causes my characters to begin comparing breast size. I'll post a link when the piece goes live.

I have since found this site also; http://herbrasize.com/

Ok, so... no one has actually explained how bras work and I feel like that'll actually help him.

So, bra measurements do mean something.

The band is how many inches around the underbust is at rest. So if someone is a 34C or whatever, that means that the underbust is 34inches around- using a tape measure. That's where the band sits- if you've never worn a bra or don't make clothes I don't really know how to explain to you what this is, but it's the most important part for garment construction because it's what bears the weight.

The letter after is how many inches you increase for the fullest part of the cups. So a 34A is a 35in bustline, a 34B is a 36in bustline and so on.

BUT the labels used for the letters aren't universal after "D" in the US. So, depending on the manufacturer, a 5in difference COULD be a "DD" or an "E". A 6in difference could be a "DDD", "E", or "F". I have NO FUCKING CLUE why this isn't standardized, because literally the only way to know if something is going to fit, because of the clothing labels being based on unicorn farts or whatever, is to try it on.

But if you don't know the band size, the cup size means nothing, because the cup size measures "#inches to increase fabric during production". Bras (like all clothing) was hand-made at one time, and these measurements were meant to aid in the production of a bra- of translating it from a sewing pattern onto fabric and making it- not in the wearing of one.

So... yeah, for a descriptor, unless someone is sewing, I don't know how often this would come up. People have gotten so far from home production that, as someone else already mentioned, a lot of people don't know their "real" bra size any more than most guys know their "real" inseam. People just don't make their own clothes like they used to. They buy off the rack now.

BTW, a bra won't maintain the same band size as you wear it and the elastic stretches. That's why there are multiple clasps on the band. You wear it on the last one and move inward as the fabric stretches. That'll make them last longer- and for what yhall pay for them I'd want them to last as long as they can. Elastic does better if you hand-wash it, too.

Fantastic explanation, and I can add a little to it - Those numbers and cup letters are meaningless outside of the US. Once you go from imperial to metric, that is. Also, some countries like Germany don't have "DD's", we go straight to E, like any rational person would. :) So, in the name of global arousal, forget measurements, use more descriptive wording instead.

Yes! I'm not exactly over endowed and I'm a bit more than 5 ft. went to Hong Kong when I was 16 and I was large for everything and it was hard to find anything that fitted. And no shoes.... I felt very un-delicate

I'm a bloody giraffe next to you, but I was cocky when people told me Singaporean clothes wouldn't fit me. Who were they kidding? I've had enough Asian friends to know that most of them wore roughly the same size as me, and I live near a huge Chinese enclave where I can buy a cheongsam in my size without breaking a sweat. I was gonna be just fine shopping in Asia.

What I entirely failed to recognise was the impact of Western diet. I was comparing myself to 'aye-sians' (people of Asian descent who have lived in Australia long enough to have picked up the horrible habit of saying 'hey' or 'ay') not f-Asians (foreign Asians). Lesson fucking learnt. Much to the amusement of every aye-sian!

Nah. That's too much.
A good handful is the right size, IMO

No such thing as too much tit. Bigger the better. Give me Norma Stitz, give me Beshine, give me Chelsea Charms, give me Alice 32JJ. If I have my choice, I wouldn't fool with anything smaller than a "DD".

It might be an unusual size, like 32 E or something.

My last two wives were 32F and 32E. Narrow backs, big tits. Not unusual in a lot of places south of Anglo-Saxony. French lingerie stores tend to stock more stuff in those sizes.

My last two wives were 32F and 32E. Narrow backs, big tits. Not unusual in a lot of places south of Anglo-Saxony. French lingerie stores tend to stock more stuff in those sizes.

Wow. I've never dated a woman that endowed, let alone married one.

But I'm a leg guy, not a boob guy. Size doesn't do anything for me. The woman that turned me on the most in my life was an A cup.

Honestly, cup sizes in a story are a red flag

I've started reading so many stories that started with:

"{Trixie|Cyndi|Amanda} was a thin 5'6" blonde with a 36C pair of {breasts|tits|hooters} while her best friend {Sadie|Sally|Josie} was a 5'2" brunette with a 34D pair that looked so perky on her smaller body."

<Click>
<Move along to the next story.>

Much like the use of the word "enpurple" to describe an erection, that's how I know when I'm wasting my time.

Xav.

Last edited:
Much like the use of the word "enpurple" to describe an erection, that's how I know when I'm wasting my time.

Xav.

Please point me to any stories with enpurpling dicks, I'll be enpinkedly tickled to read them :)

Ok, so... no one has actually explained how bras work and I feel like that'll actually help him.

Lol, ^this. I am surprised that only one woman chimed in anything useful about this conversation. I'll add that whenever a random PM asks "what is your bra size?" it's an immediate eye roll from me, because guys think that they know what it all means.

To mansplain it a little further, cup sizes are relatively proportional to the increase/decrease of band size. While a (US standard) 34D might sound great, the size of the cup (or in a hand) is pretty much is the same as a 36C or a 38B.

And if you (as men) didn't know this, then it just goes to show that you should avoid putting in specifics into your writing. It does show some amateurism in a story when an author finds it necessary to write about exact details in regards to women--say perhaps that you think your main character (blonde, 5'4", 32FF or whatever ridiculous number you affix to her) is petite and someone you can physically control...but what if your reader is a man who is 4'9"? That woman's going to be a fucking giant to him. Loses something in translation, so perhaps go vague and state height in comparison to the other characters in the story, or breasts in abstract ways (Julie had to use both of her small hands to hold onto one of her friend's large tits).

How does a bra 'work' ? A great deal depends upon what you want it to actually DO; present her breast in a maternal manner? or give the upper surface a 'swell shape' best worn with a low-cut top ?

The original idea for a 'support bra' was based upon simple Geometry (other sorts exist merely to decorate her assets, for a given size).
It should be apparent that a girl with a self-supporting modest size (either by Nature, surgery or exercise) does NOT need a support bra [usually]. A girl of "challenge cup" dimensions, however, obviously does (for a given fashion, manner or appearance to the world in general).

Then there's the fashion in vogue at the time. For an example, see the pictures of the "bullet bra" of the 40s & 50s worn by the "sweater girls".
For a long while, the idea was more to cover up tight rather than 'support'.
Come the 60s and we in England got a real good eyeful with the introduction of under-wire and a definite mathematical approach to design; it was the difference between a normal saloon car and an open-top tourer; the mechanics of shape and support were carefully disguised, not to say hidden.

Take a look at some of the makers websites and see what I mean.
It's a bloody minefield.
:)

It's a bloody minefield.
:)

A bloody minefield is an understatement--men have no idea how difficult it is for some women to purchase a decent bra. Add to it that a lot of the products on the market today are designed to be visually appealing more than useful and it is a clusterfuck at the best of times.

Like, what actual purpose does a purple leopard print bra have in supporting a nice pair of breasts? You should see some of the extra strappy shit they throw in, I mean, is it load bearing? No. Cut that crap off.

And bullet bras, lol...just another example of a bizarre way to appeal to the opposite sex.

And bullet bras, lol...just another example of a bizarre way to appeal to the opposite sex.

I strongly suspect that the, in this case, opposite sex would be thrilled to have all bras shredded, burned and banned.

By the way, WRT ‘empurpled’, is that anything like Lisa Simpson’s ‘embiggened’?

I read one recently where the protagonist claimed to be wielding an impressive yet unlikely 14 inch schlong. All I could think was that if my partner dropped their strides to reveal that sort of appendage, I'd be running away shrieking with fear.

From fetish artist, Kami Tora, who specializes in ridiculous schlongs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• F9265FE0-C6B8-4311-B0D7-74AB8B5D3383.jpg
    F9265FE0-C6B8-4311-B0D7-74AB8B5D3383.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 4E95D7F7-9685-46D5-BA1C-582FC539415E.jpg
    4E95D7F7-9685-46D5-BA1C-582FC539415E.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 229FFDA0-1D51-48CB-A923-D92F72294670.jpg
    229FFDA0-1D51-48CB-A923-D92F72294670.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1
Lol, ^this. I am surprised that only one woman chimed in anything useful about this conversation. I'll add that whenever a random PM asks "what is your bra size?" it's an immediate eye roll from me, because guys think that they know what it all means.

To mansplain it a little further, cup sizes are relatively proportional to the increase/decrease of band size. While a (US standard) 34D might sound great, the size of the cup (or in a hand) is pretty much is the same as a 36C or a 38B.

And if you (as men) didn't know this, then it just goes to show that you should avoid putting in specifics into your writing. It does show some amateurism in a story when an author finds it necessary to write about exact details in regards to women--say perhaps that you think your main character (blonde, 5'4", 32FF or whatever ridiculous number you affix to her) is petite and someone you can physically control...but what if your reader is a man who is 4'9"? That woman's going to be a fucking giant to him. Loses something in translation, so perhaps go vague and state height in comparison to the other characters in the story, or breasts in abstract ways (Julie had to use both of her small hands to hold onto one of her friend's large tits).

Do 4’9” guys when they read erotica imagine themselves as 4’9”? Any 4’9 guys in the thread care to chime in?

Now I’m going to go erase all the ‘enpurples’ from my stories!

Back