Marijuana Majority: Americans Now Back Legalization

There are plenty of people, who already live in this area, that are trimmers and look forward to the extra work and cash at this time of year, so trimigants would not survive well, here. I do all my own and take my time doing it, simply because I cannot afford to hire anyone else.

I read recently the Mexican government wants to legalize pot to stop the drug cartels from doing their business. Outdoor growing operations can take more work, but what the sun brings to the finished product cannot compare with indoor, IMO. I am sure the Mexican farmers could compete in this market, if they wanted to. But, would our government allows its citizens to obtain their marijuana from outside the U.S, once it is legal everywhere? I doubt it.
 
There are plenty of people, who already live in this area, that are trimmers and look forward to the extra work and cash at this time of year, so trimigants would not survive well, here. I do all my own and take my time doing it, simply because I cannot afford to hire anyone else.

I read recently the Mexican government wants to legalize pot to stop the drug cartels from doing their business. Outdoor growing operations can take more work, but what the sun brings to the finished product cannot compare with indoor, IMO. I am sure the Mexican farmers could compete in this market, if they wanted to. But, would our government allows its citizens to obtain their marijuana from outside the U.S, once it is legal everywhere? I doubt it.

I suppose the problem in Mexico at the moment is the fact that it is illegal, so it probably has to be done in remote places where they may not have electricity or much water. The US DEA is also down there "advising" their corrupt police, so I suppose that makes things even worse.

The Mexicans are nuts if they don't insist on legalization. They should have done it long ago and would have but for the pressure and bribery applied by the US Government.

Seems to me Mexico would be a good place to grow commercial hemp, and it would be a fine thing for them to do. Hopefully they would develop the infrastructure to support processing operations as well, rather than exporting the raw material. The Canadians are already doing this successfully. Hemp fabrics could replace most cotton at a huge savings in the costs of fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides.

And there's the problem. Some extremely wealthy people don't like that idea, and they're willing to pay to maintain the status quo.
 
Jacktar, it is true to growing hemp could be a big boon to both Mexico and the United States, because it is so much easier to grow and less polluting overall. But I fear the cotton industry is a bit too powerful to allow that kind of progressive thinking to hold sway, here, and most probably elsewhere.

If Mexico did legalize marijuana, it would certainly change the problems at our mutual border, which would be good for almost everyone.
 
Here are 4 ways cannabis is good for your brain

#4 – Cannabis promotes new brain cell growth.

#3 – Cannabis prevents Alzheimer’s

#2 – Cannabis prevents brain damage after strokes and trauma

#1 – Cannabis extracts treat brain cancer

After pharma looked at the uses of MJ, it is found to be useful!

After decades of of prohibition we find the Government was clueless!

OMG! :eek:
 
JackLuis, that is exactly the reason why lots of us old hippies, who smoke but don't drink alcohol, are just getting smarter. Thanks for the great update.
 

Sen. Gillibrand was joined by a two of her constituents who traveled from New York, including Kate Hinz, a full-time caregiver for her daughter, who suffers from epilepsy and has multiple seizures in a typical day. “[Federal marijuana law] is clearly a case of ideology getting in the way of scientific progress,” Gillibrand said. “Families aren’t just afraid of prosecution. They’re afraid of child services knocking on the door to take their children away. We need to modernize our laws.” “Otherwise law-abiding Americans are fearful of unnecessary, expensive, life-disrupting investigations,” said Booker. “Enough is enough. These laws must change.”

Marijuana Bill Proposed by Gillibrand, Booker & Paul is No Joke
Shawn Drury | 10 hours ago | Justice

It’s tempting to crack a 420 joke or make a reference to Twitter hashtags when talking about marijuana legalization, but legalizing pot is a serious matter. That was hammered home Tuesday at a Capitol Hill press conference featuring Senators Cory Booker (D-NJ), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), and Rand Paul (R-KY). The senators were joined by constituents who stand to benefit from a bill the trio is proposing.

The Compassionate Access Research Expansion and Respect States (CARERS) Act would shift marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II drug and revise federal law to give states more control over medical marijuana policies. It would also allow health care providers in the 23 states where medical marijuana is legal, including doctors at VA hospitals, to dispense the drug without fear of reprisal. The bill would not legalize medical marijuana in all 50 states.

Each of the senators spoke about a specific aspect of the bill.
Sen. Gillibrand was joined by a two of her constituents who traveled from New York, including Kate Hinz, a full-time caregiver for her daughter, who suffers from epilepsy and has multiple seizures in a typical day. “[Federal marijuana law] is clearly a case of ideology getting in the way of scientific progress,” Gillibrand said. “Families aren’t just afraid of prosecution. They’re afraid of child services knocking on the door to take their children away. We need to modernize our laws.” “Otherwise law-abiding Americans are fearful of unnecessary, expensive, life-disrupting investigations,” said Booker. “Enough is enough. These laws must change.”

“As a society we’re changing our opinion on restricting people’s choices as far as medical treatments,” said Paul, who is an ophthalmologist. Paul said he had recently visited Colorado, and the marijuana business community told him they want to put their money in a bank. “My guess is even more tax money would come in if they could put their money in banks and not brown bags.”

is it 4:20 yet?:eek:
 
Indeed, Jack Luis, I read about this yesterday and wondered whether you would post it to this thread. I just did not have the time. So glad you did. We are getting there, slowly but surely. I cannot imagine living without my own home-grown medicine, and no one in America should have to.
 
Well it looks like the time is not far off when Weed is released from the
"Reefer Madness" label.

Another couple of years and a few more voters getting off their asses to vote and we can purge of Congress of idiots and get something done.
 
It's the number of almighty greenbacks that will line their pockets that will swing the vote. If selling pot makes more money in kickbacks than private pot prisons, then they'll switch. ;)
 
A friend of mine, who lives in Washington State, says their legislature is trying to put an end to medicinal marijuana for patients and go with recreational pot for everyone. I certainly hope they don't try that here in California.
 
A friend of mine, who lives in Washington State, says their legislature is trying to put an end to medicinal marijuana for patients and go with recreational pot for everyone. I certainly hope they don't try that here in California.

They'll never get it passed, as both are completely different in purpose and need. Any restrictions to medical users to comply with recreational will be challenged on every level and won. Even the strains medical users take are different than street user grades. It's almost as different as marijuana and hemp are.

I take buds in to my grow shop and have them tested every once in a while to see how the strain is doing. Mine always come back cleaner and stronger than most of what they get in. Most street grade runs around 10% thc, while mine hit 17%18% consistently and one has surpassed 20%. That's like getting hit in the head with a 2x4 and gives you a severe case of couch-lock. Pain? What pain?

They can't lump marijuana all into one catch-all product, it won't work.
 

Thought I'd drop in Dr. Zoom's latest article.:D

To bring to life the old cliché that libertarians are just Republicans who want to get high, a couple of conservatives have unexpectedly supported various changes to marijuana laws this week. What’s more, there’s even a bill in the U.S. Senate to end the federal ban on medical weed and reclassify marijuana’s legal status from a Schedule 1 to a Schedule 2 drug, thus “allowing doctors to recommend its use in some cases to veterans, expanding access to researchers and making it easier for banks to provide services to the industry.”
He discusses various other Weed bills around the country.

But, I could do without the Texas snakes!:eek:
 
Royce, I agree with you 100%, but we will have to wait and see how this all shakes out, unfortunately for some bona fide patients.

Thanks, JackLuis, that was a great article, snakes included. lol
 
Indiana Religious Freedom At Work: Weed Dude Forms ‘First Church Of Cannabis,’ Man

Oh, sure, there’s a lot that’s terrible about Indiana’s new awful “religious freedom” law, what with the legalized discriminating and the basic slap in the face to the spirit of the Civil Rights Act. But that doesn’t mean that there are no silver linings, or at least leafy green ones, as an enterprising Indianan, Bill Levin, has filed paperwork (Zig-Zag brand, no doubt) to form the First Church of Cannabis Inc. with the Indiana Secretary of State’s office.

So far, the church seems mostly to consist of a Facebook page promoting the “Cannabiterian” faith, which urges everyone to take their “morning prayer puffs,” with the promise of a crowdsourcing site yet to come, although we haven’t yet seen a link. Still, you have to be impressed with their straightforward pricing structure for creating an instant church hierarchy (ha! ha! HIGHER-archy, more like!):

Smoke the Lord's Gift to Mankind!:D
 
While Governor Mike Pence (R) was holding a signing ceremony for the bill allowing businesses and individuals to deny services to gays on religious grounds or values, paperwork for the First Church of Cannabis Inc. was being filed with the Secretary of State’s office, reports RTV6.

Church founder Bill Levin announced on his Facebook page that the church’s registration has been approved, writing, “Status: Approved by Secretary of State of Indiana – “Congratulations your registration has been approved!” Now we begin to accomplish our goals of Love, Understanding, and Good Health.”

Levin is currently seeking $4.20 donations towards his non-profit church.

Wonkett has a bit different view.:)
 
Very informative, JackLuis, thanks for posting both of them and keeping us up to date on MJ happenings across the nation.
 
Hello posters, I just dropped in here to announce that Shasta County has decided not to enforce Measure A, passed last November, and to go with the previous guidelines, until the Federal Government and California decide what they are doing in regards to outdoor grows. Thank Goodness! Now, of course, I am hustling to get everything ready for a normal grow season. What a relief.
 
That is an excellent article, Royce, thanks so much for adding it here. I have been making edibles for a while now, and I find they really help with the pain in my back from intense gardening. Marijuana is a godsend.
 
Yes, Mr. Bates, America is changing in that regard, for the better.

Alas, I was wrong about Shasta County. It is only the City of Redding inside of Shasta County that will allow medicine to be grown in the sun. The rest of us are being told to build an accessory cultivation building or greenhouse, with all the legal permits, to grow just 12 plants this year. This is total bullshit. What happened to compassion for patients?
 
JackLuis, that is the perfect song for this thread, thanks so much for adding it.

Mr. Bates, I do know what you mean. The latest Indicas often kick my butt, so I prefer the Sativas, which leave my mind clearer and my body feeling younger.

Update on my situation: I got so depressed from the thought of not putting any plants into the ground this year, I took action. I called the ACLU and CalNorml, got a number for a good compassionate lawyer in Shasta County, called him and learned how to form a collective, which will protect me and my crop from abatement, hopefully. It only takes two patients to form a collective. My three grown children and I make four patients, so now I just have to come up with the name of our collective. I will keep you posted.
 
‘Thank you cannabis!': Epileptic girl’s seizures cut by 80 percent after parents move to Colorado

The family of an epileptic girl who was experiencing as many as 100 seizures a day said this week that their daughter had quickly improved after they moved from Ohio to Colorado for cannabis treatments.

Mother Heather Benton told WCPO that her 3-year-old daughter, Addyson, began receiving a non-psychoactive THCA treatment two days after making the 1,200-mile move from West Chester to Castle Rock.

“It’s been fantastic,” Heather Benton explained. “Her seizures have gone from around 100 noticeable seizures a day to — the other day we counted, I think it was 19. We were down to 19.”

So the DEA is WRONG about cannabis?
Thought so.:rolleyes:
 
Back
Top