I.M. Fauve Gallery

All repeats.

I was thinking there might be some people who had not seen some or all my work, but there is no one else here but you, LWulf. :)

I suppose I should post new ones, but I'd have to create them first. :rolleyes:

As for scanning, I have two HP scanners, had a Canon scanner, but it no longer works with this OS. I also have a larger format scanner.

So...with the HPs I us ethe HP Scanpro interface. And for most pencil work, I will scan at 300 dpi greyscale setting and adjust the exposure from the default settings to darken the highlights and midtones, which helps to pick up more details.
Then I will make adjustments in photoshop levels to lighten to the state I like —sometimes that is close to the drawing, sometimes a bit darker.

Then to post here... have to make the file within LIT's parameters:

72 dpi
600 pixels max height
800 pixels max width
and then I save "for the web", and select the compression to the best I can get while staying under the 100KB limit. typically a jpg

Really? Hmph. I guess I forgot the one.

hey hey hey, just because I'm a loud mouth that don't mind opening his pie hole doesn't mean I'm the only one stopping by.

On my art site, I rarely have anyone commenting. I have on average a (humble) 15-25 views daily. No one comments. For all I know, it's the same 3 people stopping in daily five times a day! XD

Just because someone doesn't comment, doesn't mean they aren't interested. Just because someone visits, doesn't mean they aren't interested. It's the internet. Who knows what motivates people to do the stuff they do??

The reason I didn't ask the questions on scanning is because while I have a scanner, have tried black and white, color, B&W high res, B&W low res, color high res, color low res, and the multitude of other permeables, I get poor quality scans. I've used the graphic editing software they supplied to make the resolution better but to no avail. IDK

I think there is just something intrinsic that everyone does that I must be omitting, otherwise I haven't a clue why I get lousy scans. The scanner I got is supposed to be a pretty good one...

The best I can hope for is to get a shadow effect around my clear crisp lines (which isn't on the original), or I wipe out the shadowing I have between the clear crisp lines.

I'm not worried so much about what does or doesn't fit Lit guidelines. I can edit it down with gimp if need be, relatively speaking.

Without feedback, there is not much point in posting anything.

(140) overcome gardening

Gardening season.

Last edited:
"Without feedback, there is not much point in posting anything."

Oh, yes there is! Please keep posting . . . the old and the new.

Okay this is weird...Last week I was thinking about you and that I hadn't seen you post anything lately...This week, here you are posting...

Did my thinking about you bring you back?

Okay this is weird...Last week I was thinking about you and that I hadn't seen you post anything lately...This week, here you are posting...

Did my thinking about you bring you back?

uhhhh... Not sure...are you a jedi master?

uhhhh... Not sure...are you a jedi master?

These are not the posts you were looking for.

****​

I like the trowel in the pussy shaped dirt. Gonna disagree with the "Without feedback, there is not much point in posting anything."

These are not the posts you were looking for.

****​

I like the trowel in the pussy shaped dirt. Gonna disagree with the "Without feedback, there is not much point in posting anything."

Good, thanks.:)

Those are based on actual garden tool handles... I guess I see "sex" everywhere.

so...what is the point of posting if there is no feedback?

Okay. You totally ignored my paraphrased jedi mind trick. be that way. :rolleyes:

****​

Hmph. I thought the other thread was for all those metaphysical Q's and A's.

"Why post if there is no feedback?"

You might as well say "why go to work, if nobody notices how hard you worked?" or "why go to a bar, if you don't meet someone there?" "Why go running, if you don't actually run TO someplace?" "Why drink beer, if you don't want to get rip roaring drunk?" "why get out of bed if there isn't anything to do?"

The answer is "chance," or maybe "hope" or just simply because "what would you do otherwise?"

If I post, I don't post because I want to hear feedback (it's always nice if I did, but if not, oh well) but because I like to.

Did you notice my personality type thread? Just thinking of that now, I'd judge you to be an extrovert, because extroverts bask in attention and feel drained from lack of it. So maybe my responding to this and expecting you to behave like an introvert (someone who feels drained by attention and basks being alone) is unreasonable (for you).

Okay. You totally ignored my paraphrased jedi mind trick. be that way. :rolleyes:

****​

Hmph. I thought the other thread was for all those metaphysical Q's and A's.

"Why post if there is no feedback?"

You might as well say "why go to work, if nobody notices how hard you worked?" or "why go to a bar, if you don't meet someone there?" "Why go running, if you don't actually run TO someplace?" "Why drink beer, if you don't want to get rip roaring drunk?" "why get out of bed if there isn't anything to do?"

The answer is "chance," or maybe "hope" or just simply because "what would you do otherwise?"

If I post, I don't post because I want to hear feedback (it's always nice if I did, but if not, oh well) but because I like to.

Did you notice my personality type thread? Just thinking of that now, I'd judge you to be an extrovert, because extroverts bask in attention and feel drained from lack of it. So maybe my responding to this and expecting you to behave like an introvert (someone who feels drained by attention and basks being alone) is unreasonable (for you).

Obviously, *you* do not go back to the first post of this thread (and why would you?)... I had posted nearly that same Jedi comment there.

I am this way.:D
"why go to work, if nobody notices how hard you worked?"
because you earn money for necessities and/or luxuries (if one is so compensated)
because you have a passion for work.

"why go to a bar, if you don't meet someone there?"
Because you like beer (wine, whiskey, pretzels).

"Why go running, if you don't actually run TO someplace?"
Because you are flabby.
Because you get an endorphin high from it.
Because you want to impress chicks (or dudes).

"Why drink beer, if you don't want to get rip roaring drunk?"
Because you are thirsty.
Because you like the taste.

"why get out of bed if there isn't anything to do?"
Because someone is counting on you.

Not for me it isn't "wwydo?"
I do not equate those questions to the one about why post.
Posting is sharing...supposedly WITH someone(s). So there is the potential of a "chance" encounter, the "hope" of some interaction, but the hope of that chance wanes and... then why bother? it becomes pointless. The ol' "definition of insanity" — Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I DRAW because I enjoy it and it gives me some opportunity to explore ideas and concepts. BUT posting the drawings seems ridiculous without any interaction.... save for a view count.:rolleyes: I don't learn anything from a view count. What I would do otherwise (instead of posting drawings) would be to draw anyway and maybe...eventually...sometime... I might meet someone, who in the course of conversation, I think might be interested in seeing them and discussing them.

I absolutely need attention, I reckon that most people are posting on LIT for attention. Some are fine with negative attention, there are AM pic threads, stupid political threads with bickering and jabs going nowhere — symbiotic squabbles. near mindless alphabet games going on ad nausium...

I reckon that most people are posting on LIT for attention.

I don't. I post because it gives me something to do, because, if I didn't then what would I do?

Sometimes I think it gives meaning or reason and maybe by my posting it will mean something positive to someone, somewhere. That's just wishful thinking though.

I don't. I post because it gives me something to do, because, if I didn't then what would I do?

Sometimes I think it gives meaning or reason and maybe by my posting it will mean something positive to someone, somewhere. That's just wishful thinking though.

hmmmm....
"just something to do"?

And if no one ever replied to you posts, you'd be ok with that?

ok.

hmmmm....
"just something to do"?

And if no one ever replied to you posts, you'd be ok with that?

ok.

On my art website, I've been there since 2006. I've posted about (not sure exactly how much but I think it's safe to say about...) 700 images. I've commented about 10,000 times for other people's works, and have gotten about 1000 comments on my artwork (I do remember some statistical data that said once that I commented about 10 times for every comment I got). Most of those comments were half of me having a conversation back and forth (like right now with you) with a commentator. If you count the number of people (not comments) that I've had commenting on my artwork, I could count them on my fingers and toes.

So in actuality, I've only gotten about 25 of my artworks commented on.

Here? I've gone a week or so where I comment and nobody responds.

Would I be okay with that? heh yeah, business as usual dude.

On my art website, I've been there since 2006. I've posted about (not sure exactly how much but I think it's safe to say about...) 700 images. I've commented about 10,000 times for other people's works, and have gotten about 1000 comments on my artwork (I do remember some statistical data that said once that I commented about 10 times for every comment I got). Most of those comments were half of me having a conversation back and forth (like right now with you) with a commentator. If you count the number of people (not comments) that I've had commenting on my artwork, I could count them on my fingers and toes.

So in actuality, I've only gotten about 25 of my artworks commented on.

Here? I've gone a week or so where I comment and nobody responds.

Would I be okay with that? heh yeah, business as usual dude.

That is response.

I am talking about no response. I have my own web-site which is not set up for any interaction — its purpose is to have place to send those who might have interest (typically business).

LIT, for me, is about interaction. Not about numbers of interactions.

The "thrill" wanes. again.

I've tried the Authors' Hangout, it used to be the place I felt most comfortable reading and contributing. I have even had a few stories posted (down now, except on this thread)
I've tried the Playground and the alphabet "games".:rolleyes:
I've tried the General Board. Either way too political, acidic (and I certainly can do acidic!) or just idiotic.
I've looked through Am pics.
I've cruised the personals.
I have my own (mild) "fetishes", but not to that extent. and too many BDSM folk take it far too seriously for me. Daddy/baby stuff turns me off.
I worked hard to get an illustration forum, with modestly high hopes.
But on this "writing" site where photos trump the hand drawn/painted erotica, there is only a small audience, and very little interaction/engagement. (in a few years an image might get over 100 views, while an am pic photo will get that in a day)

There is a reason everyone is on LIT. Not everyone's reason is the same, but there is some commonality. I'm not sure that the positive out weighs the negative (for me).

I will always be drawing and painting and writing erotic (and non-erotic ) imagery. Sharing is another matter.

Still looking.

steadily, slipping into the past. Finally.:rolleyes:

What's a "view" anyway, we view car wrecks, we view a billboard and often never even register that we have.

3-26-2014
The Visual Artists Corner is going down the tubes. I don't have the energy to try and boost it.

5-13-2014 so sad.

I was excited when the Visual Artists Corner became a thing. I often don't have time to reply in depth when I browse through art work though. I look through your thread when I have the time, and enjoy your artwork, but I am guilty of not replying.

I also enjoy your conversations and musings. But, you and I have always gotten along, so that's no surprise.

I'm sorry you aren't getting the comments you desire. My photography goes mostly ignored almost everywhere else I post it. Here I get a few comments, but no discourse as I was hoping would happen.

I get what you're saying, I really do. I'll strive to comment more on your art :) I do so enjoy your style after all.

-Tol

Tolyk~
Thanks so much.
I am just as guilty of not responding to your thread.:eek:

You take fabulous photos.
I suppose one reason that I do not (comment on your thread), is because LIT is more about the erotic, for me, rather than visually "sensual".< whatever that might mean.:rolleyes:

As I ponder my own comment there... I think, for me, it is also a matter of photography in general — though it is an art form and you do it masterfully — I don't know that photos of men and/or women depicted "erotically" mean quite the same thing to me. I do love erotic photography, but even at it's best I feel it is missing the additional (potential) eroticism of "hands-on".

I hope that makes some sense. I am always trying to be reflective on the topic and I am not always able to clearly able to articulate the nuances of what is still percolating in my head.:rolleyes:

Tolyk~
Thanks so much.
I am just as guilty of not responding to your thread.:eek:

You take fabulous photos.
I suppose one reason that I do not (comment on your thread), is because LIT is more about the erotic, for me, rather than visually "sensual".< whatever that might mean.:rolleyes:

As I ponder my own comment there... I think, for me, it is also a matter of photography in general — though it is an art form and you do it masterfully — I don't know that photos of men and/or women depicted "erotically" mean quite the same thing to me. I do love erotic photography, but even at it's best I feel it is missing the additional (potential) eroticism of "hands-on".

I hope that makes some sense. I am always trying to be reflective on the topic and I am not always able to clearly able to articulate the nuances of what is still percolating in my head.:rolleyes:
I understand exactly what you mean, I prefer drawn/painted/created portraits over photography portraits. Be they erotic or not. There are few portraits I've seen by a photographer that really truly grab me the way an artist can.

When it comes to scenery and the kind of stuff I do, I see them equally. The artist and the photographer are both trying to portray a mood through their capture of nature. The artists just takes longer to make :p

sci-fi theme.
mother ship
(178)
Alien Lizardman and Earth Astronaut Woman
(175)
Venusian Mansnatch
(186)

Last edited:
sci-fi theme.
mother ship
attachment.php
Something erotic and strangely uncomfortable about this one, but . . . I keep coming back to it and finding different things.

Back