Authors' Hangout Library

Fan Fiction - If the fiction is about characters who are under 18 years old it probably breaks the rule.

Clarification on this: by my understanding, it applies to characters who are under 18 in the original canon. So for instance, a story about Lisa Simpson having sex on her 18th birthday would probably be rejected, because Lisa is a child in the TV series.
 
School/College - No sexual activity can be described at educational establishments where the students would be expected to be under 18 years of age.

If it's a borderline/ambiguous case, it seems to be generally required to have an "all characters are 18" type disclaimer at the top of the story. I.e. people generally turn 18 in their final year of high school, so a high school setting can be used if it's explicitly stated that this is the case for the story characters.
 
Sorry for the off-topic reply, but I need a tad of help finding something.

Could someone please help me to find the topic that deals with challenges to write a specific story? I'd be delighted to be able to post in that, but I haven't the foggiest idea where in this forum that topic is.
Thank you in advance, if said topic doesn't exist, could it please be made? I'd be able to send out some truly excellent challenges if that topic were to be found/made.
Sincerely, I'll be very grateful, and so might you as well, with the story ideas;
Nurek.
 
Could someone please help me to find the topic that deals with challenges to write a specific story? I'd be delighted to be able to post in that, but I haven't the foggiest idea where in this forum that topic is.
Thank you in advance, if said topic doesn't exist, could it please be made? I'd be able to send out some truly excellent challenges if that topic were to be found/made.
Sincerely, I'll be very grateful, and so might you as well, with the story ideas;
Nurek.

I think you are looking for Story Ideas, where people post ideas they would like to see turned into stories.

http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

I have no idea whether any writers pick up any of these ideas and write stories. You need to browse through the various threads, or start your own.
 
Story Categories

Is there a resource anywhere which explains the intended meaning of each ofthe story categories. Some are obvious but others are not so clear.
 
Maybe something about adding author's notes and how to do it? Some authors do, some authors don't, and it's obviously fine either way, but it's helpful for newbie authors to know how to add them if they want to.
 
You just add them to the text of the story and paste/upload them in the story text section of the submission form.

Maybe something about adding author's notes and how to do it? Some authors do, some authors don't, and it's obviously fine either way, but it's helpful for newbie authors to know how to add them if they want to.
 
When describing New York:

IRT: Interborough Rapid Transit

BMT: Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit

IND: Independent Subway

PATH: Port Authority Trans-Hudson (Formerly a private company, the Hudson and Manhattan Railroad, commonly referred to way back as the Hudson Tubes or "The Tubes.")

LIRR: Long Island Rail Road

Enough of that. Regarding a couple of comments above: when describing somebody in school, the earliest one can plausibly go is the end of high school senior year or the summer immediately afterwards. Even then, make it clear that the characters are over eighteen. If the age of consent seems too constricting here, there are other sites that have lower ages.

Loving Wives: Anything posted there will probably get a lot of comments, views, and votes. As Oscar Wilde said, “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Some people post there just to get them riled up. I don't do that kind of thing.

About the New York subway terms listed above: people used them and they were on maps until the 1970s, although the three systems were merged in 1940. Today, no one under the age of about sixty will know what they referred to.
 
Sorry if there is a more appropriate section for such simple questions but i could not find it. What does the "updated" date in a series info tab refer to.? For reference:
xT6FJr6.png


I don't think it refers to the last time the story has been updated, because most "updated" dates are fairly recent and some of these authors have not been active for years.
 
I recently saw this on Lit.com, but can't find it. When you want to show Italics in the Lit story box, how do you code it. My memory said it was something like inserting an <I> at the beginning and ending of the sentence or word(s) you wanted to be italicized. But I don't know if that works.

Any other handy codes that you have would be helpful. It's my understanding that you can't indent a paragraph on Lit's standard story box, but that may not be correct.

Thanks for any help. RT
<i>italics html </i>

b = bold
u = underline

Beware Lit page breaks - if they sneak up on you unprepared, html can cock up spectacularly badly. I'd suggest keeping its use to a minimum.
 
I am looking for a post that helps authors decide what category their story goes in. i published two stories and i see a lot more growth in one vs the other, and the funny part is the one i think is worse is getting more votes and views.
 
Can't help directly but what I saw with mine is that "Illustrated stories" get a lot more hits but fewer comments etc. But other parts of my stories got more and better ratings in Fetish category.
 
I am looking for a post that helps authors decide what category their story goes in. i published two stories and i see a lot more growth in one vs the other, and the funny part is the one i think is worse is getting more votes and views.
There's this essay: Category Advice

Also, search through the AH thread lists - there are dozens of threads on this topic.
 
Back
Top