Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
see, and here i thought it required a truly stupendously large cock to make eilan feel loved. :>

ed

For PTM, BG, and anyone else who felt left out of the spam PM:
spam.jpg

Scalywag said:
we're supposed to get those tonight. we always seem to get the leftovers/seconds from you people or from EJ and his redneck friends
we actually wound up getting squatteri... i think i saw 7 rain drops about an hour ago and none last night that i know about.

and i should point out... "redneck" and "friends" are two words that should never appear together. :D

Scalywag said:
we're supposed to get those tonight. we always seem to get the leftovers/seconds from you people or from EJ and his redneck fiends
There, EJ. I fixed his post for you. :)

Eilan said:
There, EJ. I fixed his post for you. :)
LOL! it took me a second to figure out what you were talking about... it finally caught my eye. :D

Scalywag said:
we're supposed to get those tonight. we always seem to get the leftovers/seconds from you people or from EJ and his redneck friends

Aw, you can take a liitle rain can't ya? It wasn't so bad. I saw Toto and a munchkin or two fly by, but that's about it. :D

midwestyankee said:
For PTM, BG, and anyone else who felt left out of the spam PM:
spam.jpg

You got me. You provided the door, and I opened it and rolled right on through.

I've been spammed. :eek:

Scalywag said:
A little rain, yes. but not much more. I desperately want to get my kayak out on a river soon (for the first time this year) but it's too dangerous with the local rivers well above normal. One I paddle regularly still has places where the water is over the banks and into the woods.

venturing into that would not be a very smart idea.

My knowledge of kayaking is microscopic, so forgive me if this is a silly question. What happens if you tip over in one of those things? How do you get out?

Be careful out there!

My grandma's blood count was up pretty significantly today--for the first time since February and despite the fact that she hasn't had a transfusion for three weeks!

Her white blood cell count is back to normal, too, which means that we can visit again.

:nana: THIS is nanaworthy!

On the down side, though, she started the med with the crappy side effects again today. They're trying a four weeks on, two weeks off schedule. And her legs are still swollen and weak. Other than that, she's feeling pretty good.

Eilan said:
My grandma's blood count was up pretty significantly today--for the first time since February and despite the fact that she hasn't had a transfusion for three weeks!

Her white blood cell count is back to normal, too, which means that we can visit again.

On the down side, though, she started the med with the crappy side effects again today. They're trying a four weeks on, two weeks off schedule. And her legs are still swollen and weak. Other than that, she's feeling pretty good.

I give that a thumbs up and a double nana, :nana: :nana: it's been awhile since you've had some good news.

Scalywag said:
good question.

if the kayaker is using a spray skirt (it keeps water out of the cockpit [geez, I can just see where this post is gonna end up]) and has the skill, he can upright the kayak from an upside-down position by using an underwater paddle stroke while using his hips and quickly shifting his weight. It takes some practice to do. If the paddler that uses a spray skirt cannot upright the boat, then he needs to know how to get out. This should be precticed before getting out on the water.

Without a spray skirt getting out is fairly simple because the cockpits of most recreational kayaks these days are fairly large.

Most of the places I go to I don't need to use a spray skirt. It's wise to use one when paddling rivers with rapids, the ocean, or a large lake where there are waves, but most of the time my wife and some of the kids are with me, and they'll only do some short, easy rapids.

I've only flipped my boat once in 8 years, and that time I was on a lake in Maine with 2 of my kids, we were goofing off in an area that was about 2 feet deep, and while I was trying to get out of the kayak I lost my balance, fell on the edge of the boat and flipped it. Too bad I had that Olympus camera in the pocket of my PFD.

Another good question would be: how do you get back in the kayak if you fall out and the water is over your head? It's called a 'wet entry' :p . My kids and I practice that each year, and also practice throwing a rope bag. Gotta be prepared.
Well seriously Wag, I mean to say, a spray skirt, a dry cockpit and a wet entry, where the hell did you think this was gonna end up. :D :p

Eilan said:

Despite the meds making her feel crappy, it's a good start. I'm happy for your family.

Eilan said:

Wonderful news, Eilan! :nana: I'm so happy for all of you! :rose:

And hopefully the new schedule will minimize her side effects and help her legs. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back