different ways of coping with getting ghosted

Clearly no one wants to feel abandoned or disrespected - and after some serious email exchanges, erotic conversation, even trading naughty pictures and suggestions of meeting - it does happen more than it should. Just sayin’, it seems like ghosting is a coward’s way out... but I guess it’s just a fact of life in the world of online exchanges, and it’s happened to me a couple times. Ghosting does leave you hanging, and uncertain... but after two messages that are unreturned - really, ya just gotta give it up and move on. Having said that, I still don’t get it - why not just say - thanks for the memories, bye-bye!?!
 
Having said that, I still don’t get it - why not just say - thanks for the memories, bye-bye!?!

Sometimes, and I am speaking from experience, saying stuff like that would make people feel more.... guilty, I guess? Because sometimes you can't even explain why you don't want to talk to this person anymore. or maybe you wont hurt their feeling by saying that they started to get to your nerve.

Or, when you try to say good bye, they won't take the clue and asking a lot of whys. And you have to explain it and they'd reply again with some explanation that you'd have to reply again.
It's endless really
 
It happens in real life too....and feels just as bad as on the internet.

Like it or not, people cannot be forced to be kind and finish whatever relationship was started. It is no fun, but life goes on.

Perhaps all of that will be forgotten when the meeting of the "one" happens...and it only takes one.
 
I don’t agree with the ‘ghosting is part of on-line life, get used to it...’ school of thought but I wonder what you mean by intimate mail exchanges... I’ve had short PM exchanges, often where I have responded out of politeness but the other party has assumed a connection because I have been decent enough to reply to them.

Beyond that, I’ve never been ghosted by anyone that I have actually connected with but that is a very small band of people. I take a long time to trust people, and very few people on lit are ready to invest the time in being patient enough, plus I need a proper connection - I need someone that I actually enjoy the company of in a non sexual way. Perhaps my cautious and shy approach strips out the types that would ghost me - they understand there is a human being on the other side of this. If you jump into wam-bam-thank-you-mam intimacy, is there any real connection at all? or just some horny bugger desperate to get their rocks off? - in which case, I can see how easy it is to slip away...

I am sorry it’s happened to you though, and obviously I know nothing of your interactions. I would find it devastating and probably fear something awful had happened to them, I hope it never happens to you again, x
 
I got ghosted. It stung some but I knew going in that it wouldn't last forever. It is simply disappointing not to be able to say goodbye.
 
Thank You!

Here a short reply and a big "thank you" to the last seven people, who responded to my post.

The experience of reading your posts, is more or less the way I had wished my Lit experience would turn out, when I started posting here. Somebody voices a concern publicly, and others stop by with empathic comments, possibly a piece of advice as well.

If I find the time, I'll write one or the other PM as a result of this. But for the moment, I will attend to getting my spirits up again, because I have received a lovely PM that cannot wait to be answered.

I wish you all a great Easter holiday!

PS: Difficult to keep up and count correctly; by now it is eight. Starting with your post, txgent.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top