What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I misread the bottom of the menu at lunch to the group and said, "oh look, they'll only split the chick 4 ways"

Last edited:
You guys made me smile. Thanks for the positivity, folks. Y'all make me grin like an idiot sometimes. :)

The term "Mastering" as in what a PYL would do to a pyl in a scene/day/whatever. Like the pyl is a challenge...

Mental image of beer time later at the PYL club...
"I just finished Mastering my new girl," he said in a domly fashion. "It was like mastering chess or making a perfect crepe. It was great."

I don't know why I can't take that term seriously when I like Topping (in a variety of senses). Maybe because the feminine of it is silly- Mistressing?

The term "Mastering" as in what a PYL would do to a pyl in a scene/day/whatever. Like the pyl is a challenge...

Mental image of beer time later at the PYL club...
"I just finished Mastering my new girl," he said in a domly fashion. "It was like mastering chess or making a perfect crepe. It was great."

I don't know why I can't take that term seriously when I like Topping (in a variety of senses). Maybe because the feminine of it is silly- Mistressing?

Or maybe you just like topping because it can be chocolate, butter cream, whipped cream, or streusel.

Or maybe you just like topping because it can be chocolate, butter cream, whipped cream, or streusel.

Well, of course I do! Oh, and caramel and minted strawberries and cranberry toppings are all good too.

At least I wasn't trollish enough to post this in the thread that made me think of it.

Oh- and peanutbutter topping on bagels is tasty food.

Well, of course I do! Oh, and caramel and minted strawberries and cranberry toppings are all good too.

At least I wasn't trollish enough to post this in the thread that made me think of it.

Oh- and peanutbutter topping on bagels is tasty food.

My favorite is crushed potato chips on chocolate ice cream.

And you're much more discipline than I am, apparently. ;)

My favorite is crushed potato chips on chocolate ice cream.

And you're much more discipline than I am, apparently. ;)

Well, I'm a Domme, we're supposed to be disciplined, right? That whole hypocrisy being bad thing.
Bagels are tasty food and I'm just waking up. So it's not so much discipline as what my stomach will let me eat without getting nauseated halfway through (not pregnant, just fucked up in ways my docs don't yet understand.)

Go go go! Also in most cases it can be beaten, 15 years in remission here.

Congrats to you and Redlady!

Found something in Korean cooking that I like and can actually eat in class today Hoddeok

Strange name, but I managed to get close to the pictures on the first try and it was tasty food that my peers devoured. So even if I hurt too much to help with clean up past a certain point, at least I contributed an off menu idea that literally panned out nicely.

And we're all very glad of that fact, Red. That's awesome :)

Go go go! Also in most cases it can be beaten, 15 years in remission here.

Congrats to you and Redlady!

Found something in Korean cooking that I like and can actually eat in class today Hoddeok

Thanks all. So much has happened in those years...if I knew then what I know now...blah blah blah. But I'm here and I've finally figured out what makes me happy, healthy and whole.

Our local classified ads usually have some chucklers but the one I found today, for a person advertising their services as a leaf-raker, totally cracked me up:

Look, I don’t have 10 references
I haven’t been raking leaves ‘professionally’ for ten years.

But unless you prefer waiting for a big, stressy crew to come take over your yard
with a bunch of smelly, noisy, gasoline powered leaf blowers,
(who would provide references),
(who have been raking leaves for ten years ‘professionally’)
and who would also have a big gas guzzling rig and 4 guys
to take care of at $100/hour,

hurry up and call me to see if I can still fit you in this week!

Smiling now. REALLY smiling, as opposed to the fake one plastered to my face since 9 o'clock this morning. Smiling now to realize that I spent 8 hours with my family, and survived. No arguments, no fights, no bloodshed (kidding with that last... I think). I stayed calm and neutral. Shying away from the thinly veiled insults as well as the sharp stabbing hurtful words. And then I left. Duty performed, time served.

For once in my life I didn't apologise for not being who they think I should be; who they need me to be. I don't wish to hurt them. They don't need to approve, they don't need to understand, they just need to let me live my life. It's MY turn now, damn it.

So - I'm headed to the gym with my best friend and then? My evening will be spent with people who love me not despite who I am, but because of it. I don't have to be perfect, they don't have to 'get it', they don't require explanations, they make no demands. I can simply be me. And that, my friends, makes me smile. :)

Last edited:
Smiling now. REALLY smiling, as opposed to the fake one plastered to my face since 9 o'clock this morning. Smiling now to realize that I spent 8 hours with my family, and survived. No arguments, no fights, no bloodshed (kidding with that last... I think). I stayed calm and neutral. Shying away from the thinly veiled insults as well as the sharp stabbing hurtful words. And then I left. Duty performed, time served.

For once in my life I didn't apologise for not being who they think I should be; who they need me to be. I don't wish to hurt them. They don't need to approve, they don't need to understand, they just need to let me live my life. It's MY turn now, damn it.

So - I'm headed to the gym with my best friend and then? My evening will be spent with people who love me not despite of who I am, but because of it. I don't have to be perfect, they don't have to 'get it', they don't require explanations, they make no demands. I can simply be me. And that, my friends, makes me smile. :)

You've been on my mind a lot lately. So glad that you are doing well and realizing that you matter. NEVER apologise for being you. A lesson I've learned very well. :heart::rose::kiss:

You've been on my mind a lot lately. So glad that you are doing well and realizing that you matter. NEVER apologise for being you. A lesson I've learned very well. :heart::rose::kiss:

Smiling anew. YOU are wonderful.

Life is too short, hmm? And we, each of us, are too important to settle for less than everything.

:rose::kiss:

Thanks all. So much has happened in those years...if I knew then what I know now...blah blah blah. But I'm here and I've finally figured out what makes me happy, healthy and whole.

One last suggestion, Tomatoes contain anti-oxidents which go after free-radicals, (or something technical,) but my wife adds tomatoe sause to most items she cooks. Even a great tomatoe gravey in roast-beef. It helps too.

Good luck.

DGE, you always bring a smile to my face. :rose:

redslady - I hope I can make the same statement you did yesterday, in time. (Congrats, by the way) :heart:

You two, and a few very special others here on Lit are the reason I'm still standing and not curled up in a ball.

And now? I'm thinkin' there's a cream cheese frosted brownie in the other room with my name on it. Mmmmmm, chocolate. Would another glass of Merlot be too much? I think i'll risk it. ;)

A wonderful thanksgiving dinner with good friends.

CutieMouse, you are crackin' me UP in BiBunny's thread :p

oh fuck yah. my cheesecake is SO DAMNED DELICIOUS -_- Mom makes it better, but this is NOT shabby for my first cheesecake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back