Menstrual Hut

Cym, I hope your daughter gets better and stays better. I can't imagine the kind of pain a parent goes through when their child is that sick and close to death. All my best to you and your loved ones. *hugs*


Brat
 
cym, my friend we have said much above, you have our thoughts:)


Beware of me now:) I am in the tent:)
 
Guys .. (hmmm... THAT can't be appropriate for in here, in the menstrual tent, can it?)


Ummm.
Y'all?

Kelsey is better. she's in charge of her own diet. She's at a normal healthy weight. She's beat it. I thank you for your kind words but that anorexia thing is firmly in the past for us.

(Fingers crossed tightly. Every time she says, "I'm not hungry tonight" at dinner, i panic. but silently, these days, and privately. Mostly. Well, about half the time. The rest of the time i begin grilling her on what she had for lunch, for breakfast, for snacks... You get the picture. ~g~)

I worte an update because of the - literally - hundreds of emails i've gotten yearly in response to that original story. (It was posted on three large anorexia-related health sites, hence the email it generated from all over the world.)
http://www.something-fishy.org/words/artical_030.php

Those of you who are mothers know the peculiar and incredible pain we feel when one of our children is very ill. Those of you who are not mothers can imagine it. I think we're all very much alike in this, are we not?

Again, my sincere thanks for your kind words of support.
Kelsey is fine and will continue to be so.

I, however, am in possession of a *LOT* of knowledge that i never wanted to know on the subject of anorexia. You have any questions there, you pm me, okay?
:cool:
 
cym, I am in awe of you, yes?:) I think of you as someone who influences many on this board and it is forever good, it is wonderful:)
 
Awesome thread.


This is just what I needed about now... I am feeling terribly blue. I am not sure... well it's probably a hormonal flux. I too have Endo...:( I have had 3 surgeries and of course I have horrendous periods. I was on Clomid for about 5 months with no luck..... so I stopped but I think I am going to return to it next month.

My goodness I am feeling terribly depressed.. I have the baby blues just awful and I am feeling a bit anxious.. I wish I was on my period at least then that would explain what the hell is going on inside my head.

My sister in law, who is the same age as me is pregnant with her 4th child and I have been around her quite a bit lately... maybe that has added to my sadness....

Hell who knows...

kasha
 
Kasha,

I've been there, and the only solace (sp?) I can offer is a hug. I know the pain and frustration of how you feel.

I have since made the decision, with hubby, not to try anymore. When I think clearly, I know that I am happier without kids at this point in my life, and do not need the added stress of high risk pregnancy.

However, I still get the nesting urge occasionally. But I turn to friends and family to help me work through it.

I hope all works out for the best for you...
 
You are all singulary and collectively, just amazing women!!
I am so happy we've had this chance to share courtesy of Stafish's wonderful thread.

Cym~good wishes and prayers on your daghter's continuing struggle back to the world! You have all my best thoughts!
I too, am going through the fist little pangs of menopause. I have had a couple of hot flashes and the night sweats, and some mood swings...jeesh the mood swings. All the way from ecstatically happy to crying over television commercials! That's not too new, but all in the space of about three seconds!

Risia~you're so welcome, love! *Hugs* to you!

I would love a copy of The Red Tent...if you would like to send it to me, I'll surely pass it on. That would be wonderful!

Rick, I always enjoy reading your posts! You are the essence of cool. And fearless, too! Lol!
Foxie, are you still digging that shallow grave? Heh heh! Just kidding, Rick.
 
Oh!
Cooties!
Y'all gave me cooties!
I wasn't suppose to begin my flow for another week!
:eek:

Okay, so there's something to be said for cycling with y'all. At least we can be an understandingly bitchy chorus.

All together now...
I TOLD YOU that i would do it when i was damn good and ready to do it!

If you want dinner that fucking bad, you make it.

Leave me alone! You just don't understand!

DO NOT make me say it again.

:D

esspressolover? PM me and we'll talk about getting The Red Tent from me to you. I love the idea of passing it around Lit, woman to woman, and all of us writing our names inside as it moves on.
 
cymbidia said:


esspressolover? PM me and we'll talk about getting The Red Tent from me to you. I love the idea of passing it around Lit, woman to woman, and all of us writing our names inside as it moves on.

I think this is an excellent idea. :D
 
cymbidia said:

esspressolover? PM me and we'll talk about getting The Red Tent from me to you. I love the idea of passing it around Lit, woman to woman, and all of us writing our names inside as it moves on.

This is a wonderful idea! I actually called the bookstore this morning and reserved a copy, I'd be more than happy to send it on to someone if they'd like.....:)
 
I would love to get a copy of The Red Tent from someone in this thread, and I would be happy to pass it along to someone else...

(Edited to add the following)

I make beads and finished beaded jewelry, and I'd be happy to send along something pretty to either the sender or the person I send the book onto..
 
Last edited:
Nessus said:
cym, you have me in tears
All of it, including and especially the article, were the most moving display of personal honesty I've read in a long time. Thank you, cym. :heart:

And to the other women with endo: *hugs*. I feel you. (Hey, it's outdated slang that makes sense :D).

This has been a wonderful thread.
 
Last edited:
Pipercat, what a wonderful idea. I belong to a cyber clubhouse with five other women and we are always doing this sort of thing for each other. We are currently passing around three seasons of The Sopranos. In the past we have shared the Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood (great reading) and many culinary delights- imported coffee, tea, king cake, chocolate etc. Count me in.

Cymbidia, thanks so much for sharing. I am so happy your baby is on the road to good health. My daughter is morbidly obese and wants to have bariatric surgery (stomach stapling, intestines shortened and rerouted, etc) and I am worried sick. I worry about her dying of malnutrition or surgical complications. She has tried so many diets and gets so discouraged. I spoke with the surgeon she wants to use and of course have been assured that it is safe, but I am a mother and I worry.

I laughed so hard about the Cooties comment! My partner had one period last year and was convinced she was over it, and then she got hooked on this thread. Guess what, she needs a leaf! LOL! I have had my usual symptoms as well. Too funny.

My oldest daughter is doing Clomid therapy. It has been very hard for her watching her friends have their second and third babies. She had a miscarriage last Fall, and it rocked our world. My heart goes out to all of you who must walk this road.

For those of you who suffer with the endo please accept my (hug) to you. I have no firsthand experience but because you have been willing to share I have much more understanding and empathy for those of you who must endure so much pain.

It's all a gurl thang. The bleeding-or not, the children-or not, the pain-or not, embracing this time-or not. Each and every one of us can revel in the celebration of the dos XX's (no, not the beer LOL).

I really liked Cymbidia's query regarding men and war. Not to men bash, but I had read once that men are really genetic mutants missing the lower part of the X. I am sure it was tongue in cheek but I have always let it remind me of how truly different men are from women.

Risia Skye - Merry Meet. Nice to know there is another pagan here.
 
This is truly one of the great threads, there is that communing between women we tend to forget about in the 'real' world and end up competing for so many things. This was truly wonderful. Thank you all.
 
I'm sending my copy of april-wine in tomorrow's mail.

I haven't heard back from espressolover, and though i have no doubt i *would* have heard back from her on this pretty soon, i'd reallylike to get this book out of my hands and onto the next woman in line.

And i love april-wine. She's been a rock, an ear, a heart beating in pain with me, for me. She's been hope and gentle comfort and solace to me, especially, over the last couple rough months. She's a good egg.

Maybe she will pass it to espressolover?
I don't know.

I'll write my true name in it, though, and a small comment about my reaction to the book. She can do that or not, as she sees fit, when it's time to pass it on to the next woman.

I love this.
:rose:
 
Just peekin' in....

I haven't even opened this thread since it was first started... I only saw the line about bleeding in a leaf with other women, and I said nope! not for me!

It's amazing what has been going on in here though! I even see that a few men got in.... ;)

It's so nice that you all can share this womanly, caring stuff.
:)

Just sitting here, all cold and shaky, waiting for the Ibuprofen to set in, reading all your lovely posts. I've warned my bf that my 'friend' has arrived... I think I'm off to bed, sleep right through my cramps (hopefully).

I'm rambling.... Oh well, I've got an exscuse. ;)
 
It would be my pleasure to pass it on to expressolover........please pm with your address and when I am finished reading and signing I shall send it to you.......



P.S.

I love you too cym.......I am humbled by your words and kindness....:rose:
 
Well, I pm'ed Cym with my address...I hope she got it.
Or else she can send it to you first, April-wine and then I'll send it on...we'll get this started.
What a great chance to share!:rose: :)
 
I would love to get on the list for the Red Tent. This is a wonderful idea.
 
I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this, but do all of you eventually cycle with your co-workers?


This week, 4 out of 5 K teachers having their periods. The fifth is in menopause, so she joins us infrequently.


I've been a true bitch and haven't cared about anything. I'm reaching a point that I absolutely hate having a period. The sickness, dizzy spells, and cramps have become completely secondary. Why do I have to have this reminder every month that I'm not finding the right person to help me have my dreams.


I really hate my teenage family members today.
 
Oh mg, i'm so very sorry for the pain your monthly flow brings you, physical discomfort and the far more acute emotional distress.

I wish there was a way for everyone to go to the store, pick out the *refect* partner for them, and never have to deal with disillusionment, disappointment, and despair over the isssue.

WE've all been there, too, in some way, in some color or stripe or brand or flavor, we've all been standing where you are, despairing over our options as are you, and wishing we could wave a magic wand and...
No.
That's only in fairy tales.
And we all know it, mg.

I'm sorry for your pain.
:rose:
 
MG, I wish I could hug away your pain. It is especially saddening to hear that most of what bothers you is the lack you are experiencing, not what is actually happening to your body. I wish you all the heart warming love you need to get through this, and the strength to carry on looking for 'him'. He is out there. You have to have faith. :rose:

Wiggles, I am glad you joined in. I didn't know this thread would be a haven for we women to commune, share, learn, and grow from one another, but it was needed, and I see the benefits already. Thank you for sharing.

And thank you all for taking this chance to get closer to your womanhood, your pain, your love, and your fellow women.

All too often do we, women and men as a community, forget the essential bonds that keep us a whole. Things like our femininity, masculinity, our pain, our happiness, our love, and much and more besides. It is a key thing to be validated, in that we can really go on with our lives and not feel left in the dark about our station, our relevance to other things, our significance in the world.

One thing that has been going through my mind since this thread started was the idea that I am curious how most men receive this type of activity in women. When, on another thread, PC summed this up as a cross between a slumber party and the movie Carrie, as cute and funny as it was, I really wonder how many men actually feel that way about this type of feminine bonding. It is clearly not a slumber party. We'd be making prank calls to the boys. Or having a massive woman on woman sex fest. :D (this is when the boys come in saying how much they support this kind of thing. :rolleyes:

Really though, whether it be related to by women, or something exclusively masculine, do they think we are nuts, the idea to bond is nuts? Do they like it? Do they crave it, want it, need it, but don't know how to get it, or what to do and because they don't have something to outwardly connecting them to one another, do they conjure up the big ole man tone and deny the need with their manly shell coming out. I think, more like hope, but am not convinced fully, that men need to bond on deeper levels than "Yo YO YO YO YO, Who has the bru-has?" But do they? Should they? This is a concern to me.

The kind of response I think most men have to this sort of thing is similar to that of a sort of big giant ?. I really don't want to do a fucking poll, but I doubt many men read this thread now, if at all, and if they do, they have probably commented already, or bailed out.

I think, and am not saying I want men in here commenting in droves, and taking away from the point of the thread, but it would be nice to hear about how men feel about these matters, and how, in their own lives, they perceive menstruation.

I guess it would be nice to dispel the myth that women are automatically 'man hating bitches that are out for blood replacement therapy'. That is more of a joke among women, than a reality. I know we all have times where the emphasis on our frustration with men comes out more, but that is only because we are trying to hold back and be nice the rest of the time, and are just bottled up and about to pop. I think that would happen even without hormone fluctuation. We need an outlet for that shit. Men can be so one dimensional.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top