I've given up hope on finding an editor...

MrIllusion

Experienced
Joined
May 4, 2014
Posts
42
Hello,

For more than a year now, I've tried to find a stable editor through the website. More than 90% of the editors I've contacted (and I've only sent messages to those that actually updated their editor info less than a month prior) didn't even reply.

I've had a few editors, some good, some not that much. Some decided to quit (no fault to them), some stopped replying for no apparent reason... The last one specifically told me that he had started to work on my story on December 27th 2016. Haven't heard from him since. Maybe that long delay is normal? I don't know....

And now, even though I've written warnings about English being my second language, I get a LOT of comments on my stories about that.

So. I'm trying my luck here on the forum. I write many stories that are rather "vanilla", but some have incest and anal sex in them. I'm considering writing a story or two with gay sex, but I'm not sure yet. I'm looking for an editor that could edit my stories only for grammar / spelling.

So, if you're interested, let me know by sending me a private message.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
E-mail addresses aren't permitted, so that will be excised from your message, I assume. So, you'll want to connect through PMs. You appear to have them turned on.

I think your experience in trying to find an editor is a typical one. When you've written a GM story, and if you can't find an editor for it and it's under 10,000 words, you could PM me and I'd edit it as a one-time shot. You could check my story file to get an idea of what I've written myself. I'm a degreed book editor also. I write so much myself that I don't do more than one-time edits of shorter short stories. But I know it's tough to find an editor here for GM. (I have one here, but, with what I produce, he's not available to anyone else.)
 
I have also had a hard time finding an editor, so i know what you are going through.

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.
 
Thanks for the replies and suggestions (and the offer sr71plt). I'll keep trying and see if I can find someone that will fit. Until then, I'll just have to post my "second language" notice and live with the comments...
 
E-mail addresses aren't permitted, so that will be excised from your message, I assume. So, you'll want to connect through PMs. You appear to have them turned on.
In fact, if you contact editors through the "find an editor" webform, then he replies to you via E-mail. And all further interaction goes through the e-mail.
I think that's what he meant.
 
In the past three months I've sent out six editor requests through the volunteer editor page. Two replied, but shortly after I sent my draft they stopped responding to my emails. When I contacted Literotica through the same page for help I never got a response.

I'm not getting much luck here either. Yes, I'm complaining, but I'm also at a loss as what else to do.
 
Listen, I will second RubenR that editing is a thankless task. It's painstaking if you want it done right. I offered to volunteer edit for people, but I quickly got drowned in 50 plus page manuscripts.

It takes too much time away from my regular, paying job so now I will only do it for a fee. If you are interested in that, feel free to pm me. Otherwise, good luck on your search and you could always brush up on English grammar so your stories are at least passable.
 
Back
Top