Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thought was 'Tangerine Dream'; strange music. . . .

But when I was a kid, we had Tangerines round Christmas.
These days, we seem to have Clementines & Satsumas.
WTF ?

global warming, HP. Tangerine and clementine seasons have shifted. Satsumas, though, are actually a post-Communist plot.
 
I just refiled for unemployment. Hope they allow benefits to be paid out, or I will be in trouble come a few months...
 
I have recently discovered that I am hopeless at drilling holes in plastic for a pair of cross-bits.
 
Where the hell is the Podcast app on my iPad? I can't find it and everything I google indicates there should be an app but I can't find it. Grrrr.

ETA: Never mind, I posted on an Apple forum... sorry.
 
Last edited:
Where the hell is the Podcast app on my iPad? I can't find it and everything I google indicates there should be an app but I can't find it. Grrrr.

ETA: Never mind, I posted on an Apple forum... sorry.

I don't have that problem: No IPad!
 
I don't have that problem: No IPad!

Yep, that's one way to solve it. :)

I found it. I have a "News" folder with a couple of apps, and it was in there. I don't know why, although I guess I might have put it there myself when I first got it. Anyway, I've been listening to movie spoiler podcasts so was annoyed when I couldn't find the app.
 
Yep, that's one way to solve it. :)

I found it. I have a "News" folder with a couple of apps, and it was in there. I don't know why, although I guess I might have put it there myself when I first got it. Anyway, I've been listening to movie spoiler podcasts so was annoyed when I couldn't find the app.

No wonder my Grand-daughter wanted one
 
No wonder my Grand-daughter wanted one

This is not my original thought, but I read it some time ago and agree with it -- iPads, iPods, other tablets, etc., are good for consuming content, but not so great for creating content. So I enjoy playing games, listening to these podcasts, and reading articles and such, but my iPad will not replace my computer for writing or anything like that.
 
This is not my original thought, but I read it some time ago and agree with it -- iPads, iPods, other tablets, etc., are good for consuming content, but not so great for creating content. So I enjoy playing games, listening to these podcasts, and reading articles and such, but my iPad will not replace my computer for writing or anything like that.

I'm still trying to come to terms with the strange word, "podcasts."
But then, I'm a proverbial dinosaur . . .
 
I'm still trying to come to terms with the strange word, "podcasts."
But then, I'm a proverbial dinosaur . . .

I'm still trying to get with that myself. Right now, for me, a "podcast" is "audio file for me to listen to," although I know that's not entirely true. A podcast can be multimedia, and is called such because they became popular with iPods.
 
Gosh, no, pl, I mean ... what ELSE would you use it for? :confused:

Well, Jeez. When I bought it, I thought I was buying a microphone. :eek: I thought I might record another one of them audio stories. Boy was I surprised by the background noise! :eek: :eek:
 
Is it weird that I'm using my Hitachi Wand to get the knots out of my shoulders?

Gosh, no, pl, I mean ... what ELSE would you use it for? :confused:

From Wikki:
"The Hitachi Magic Wand (also known as the Original Magic Wand) is an electrical, mains-powered vibrating massager, manufactured by the Japanese company Hitachi for relieving tension and relaxing sore muscles. "

Well, Jeez. When I bought it, I thought I was buying a microphone. :eek: I thought I might record another one of them audio stories. Boy was I surprised by the background noise! :eek: :eek:

"Hitachi decided to cease production of the device in 2013 because of concerns about having its name attached to a sex toy. Vibratex persuaded the company to continue manufacturing it under the name "Original Magic Wand", omitting the name Hitachi."


This information is provided solely so nobody has any inclination to think of it as anything other than an aid for tired muscles.;)

PS. Is it any good for cramp?
 
It's PennBoy's turn for movie night. He said he's going for "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves."

Gak.
 
Well, it ain't quite that bad.
The Sheriff is brilliant!

Well of course he is, because it's Alan Rickman. :) I think the problem I have with that movie is its rather inconsistent tone, and the fact that pieces aren't bad, but the whole is just kind of a mess.

The funny thing is, PennBoy tends to pick movies for his movie night that he's already seen. He's not ready to gamble on a movie he might not like. So Mr. Penn and I have to pick new movies for him, and then he might pick them again later. My choice the previous night, btw was X2: X-Men United. Trying to work our way up to the newest X-Men movie.
 
I'm back from my second October holiday, this time a 'freebie' for my wife helping the holiday cottage owner with his family history.

Free for rent. Expensive for fuel to drive 300 miles each way, lots of meals out, and a ruined tyre that needed temporary repair by a village garage before driving to the large town for a replacement.

The two holidays meant that I could only complete one story for the Halloween Contest out of 12 possible ones. 'Possible' means at least 1,000 words written already. There are another 20+ potential ones with less than 1,000 words written.

I'm not formally doing NaNoWriMo but I have an easy target - at least one of my 'possible' stories must be finished and submitted to Literotica each week in November.

The more difficult target? The equivalent of one 'possible' story submitted EVERY day of November i.e. 30

I think I will probably achieve the easy target and fail on the difficult one, so I might submit more than 4 and less than 30. Watch this space...
 
Today is the first day of my retirement. :eek:

Kind of scary and fun at the same time. Scary if I think to far ahead and fun knowing I have absolutely nothing on the calendar that I actually have to do. I have dozens of home projects to do or finish.

This morning, I'm sitting on the screened in back porch listening to the birds and squirrels in the woods behind the house and watching the cats chase lizards. Coffee on the one hand and cigarettes on the other. A nice cool sunny morning.

Life is good. I'll wait and see what the future brings.
 
Congrats on retirement (although it's probably best to already have something to go on to--racheting down rather than just stopping).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top