What do you kinky peeps like?

Hey all, I am a wattpader and lit user.

On Wattpad I usually write scifi/horror and am now experimenting on a romance novel about two soldiers from different time eras talking through a phone.(its unpublished, wip!)

I usually strive for writing unique content that cannot be found elsewhere easily.

Over here however I just switch off and write lame cliche sex stories. Ow! So I was wondering what the audience sample is like. Because I started a lit account because I wanted to experiment with erotic storywriting, and I want to know if you guys prefer more sex or more story.

Thank you!

Over here however I just switch off and write lame cliche sex stories. Ow! So I was wondering what the audience sample is like. Because I started a lit account because I wanted to experiment with erotic storywriting, and I want to know if you guys prefer more sex or more story.

The writers you're talking too may not be representative of the readers, but you're going to find the whole spectrum of possible responses from either group. Some writers here defend the clichés as being more accessible to the readers. Some avoid characterization and plot and just get to the sex. Others are different.

Lit has a huge readership and there are readers for every variation. You can write the stories the way you want and the readers will still find you by the thousands.

Personally though, I prefer the story. I'll read the build to sex and the aftermath, but I tend to skip explicit sex when I get to it.

On Wattpad I usually write scifi/horror and am now experimenting on a romance novel about two soldiers from different time eras talking through a phone.(its unpublished, wip!)

I usually strive for writing unique content that cannot be found elsewhere easily.

Thank you!

What NotWise said.

The readership here is huge. There are lots of readers who like simple, short stroke stories, and I see nothing wrong with that.

But you'll find lots of readers who like longer stories with more character development.

The writers you're talking too may not be representative of the readers, but you're going to find the whole spectrum of possible responses from either group. Some writers here defend the clichés as being more accessible to the readers. Some avoid characterization and plot and just get to the sex. Others are different.

Lit has a huge readership and there are readers for every variation. You can write the stories the way you want and the readers will still find you by the thousands.

Personally though, I prefer the story. I'll read the build to sex and the aftermath, but I tend to skip explicit sex when I get to it.

I’m gonna second this. As a writer and occasional reader, I like what I like and avoid what I don’t like. I don’t bash it, but if it disinterests me, I stop reading and move on to something else. For me, the title and story discription are decent filters that keep me from wasting my time🌹Kant👠👠👠

Last edited:
It depends on what you hope to achieve. I have always said that I write here because I want to write believable stories about realistic characters, and real people fuck. I have, by Lit standards, a small audience, but they really like what I do. I'm happy with that.

+1 to all of the above.

With a readership this size and it being free and open on the Net, you could write a piece about being erotically whipped with avacado leaves and somebody, somewhere will find it hot. As to 'sex vs story', it's the same thing. There are v long, well-received pieces with no sex for pages and pages. There are also straight-up strokers. Both have their fans. Write a good story and, trolls notwithstanding, it will generally be well-received.

Thank you!

OOOOOÒOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have a few motivations. The first is it has been a long time I have been teaching myself to write coherently. I still struggle with disjointedness that always used to render what I wrote incoherent.

The second is I live and work on my own. I have a little dog I love but she is too old now to be with me all the time. I can go for months without seeing any one else. I make up stories as I work. The ones I like and remember I write. Some are for lit., others are for children, my children who died a long time ago. I miss them, want to be with them and I try to tell them stories to amuse them and keep me here. Some days I feel they aren't so far away.

The third is I try to have a point to my stories. Sometimes my writing isn't good enough to make that point. It takes ages for me to realise that. For me the sex is my rebellion from living years of vicious prudery that I hated because it was an instrument of control that injures and maims.

There are more reasons but they are the main ones.

I don't try to come top of the ratings or any thing like that. I like getting comments that inform me of how I could write better, to confirm that I'm continuing to learn, that it isn't a good idea to give up. They are my kinks.

I suggest you write for you above all others because that engenders passion like nothing else can- if it isn't for you it won't be worth any thing. If it has your heart and soul it will be everything.

What I write is mostly smut, with neither plot nor character development. And the sex is extremely explicit. At the same time, I have tales, usually in Romance, where the sex builds up naturally. I write what I like.

I agree.
To my mind, a sexual encounter can probably be bolted onto almost any thing.
But good writing shines like a beacon.

What I write is mostly smut, with neither plot nor character development. And the sex is extremely explicit. At the same time, I have tales, usually in Romance, where the sex builds up naturally.
I write what I like.

I agree.

I like both. I'd really like a disclaimer at the start of a story. Something like "This is a one page story, and gets right to the fucking" vs "This is a six page story that explores adult relationships on a theme and builds slowly to an explosion of sexual expression that is worth the wait" .

Yeah. That would be great. It's not going to happen any time soon I suspect.

What do you kinky peeps like?

Being dipped in sugar and hanging out in groups where everybody can lick what they want.

20120223__120226 peeps.jpg

I like both. I'd really like a disclaimer at the start of a story. Something like "This is a one page story, and gets right to the fucking" vs "This is a six page story that explores adult relationships on a theme and builds slowly to an explosion of sexual expression that is worth the wait" .

Yeah. That would be great. It's not going to happen any time soon I suspect.

If you want to know how long a story is, scroll down to the bottom of the first page. As for getting right to the action, some one-page stories don't, and some six-page stories are loaded with sex. You can also check the category - Romance usually takes a long time to get to the sex and there is one category - Nonerotic - that never does. After you have read stuff for a while, you know who writes what.

I'm not a very good writer so I wouldn't know any reasonable answers to the OP question. Because for me at least, there is no possible way that ANYONE could POSSIBLY write both MORE story AND MORE sex, could they, possibly??

Because hey, you know, most people have to stop chewing gum when they walk, yeah?

Thank you!

I am more of a reader than a writer (time is not on my side, and I read way faster than I write), and as a reader, I adore a well-crafted story. What's even better is when the author can word-weave the sex stuff in a way that makes me want to go through it with the characters versus skipping over it. Just love it when an author does that.

Best wishes on the writing.

Nova :)

Thank you!

I have a kinky Supergirl fetish.

Back