What's for dinner?

Anything but Turkey. If I see turkey again before spring.... lol

Honey glazed Ham for tonite apparently. Yum! I feel another 5 lbs coming on. Fattening up for winter here. Lol.

I've been stress eating due to work, so I've gained only god knows how much weight.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh (piercing scream of sheer terror and horror). "No more, please, no moooore," she sobs, piteously.

But if you have any chocolate cake?

We did! Well, cupcakes . .. the Hershey's Best Chocolate Cake recipe, made with hot coffee instead of water.

Italian market, like a flea market? Or just an Italian neighbourhood?

It's sort of an Italian delicatessen with a kitchen and sitting area for dining in. But they have staples as well - eggs, milk, orange juice, vegetables, etc. So, restaurant and corner bodega in one.

It's sort of an Italian delicatessen with a kitchen and sitting area for dining in. But they have staples as well - eggs, milk, orange juice, vegetables, etc. So, restaurant and corner bodega in one.
Sounds like an in-town situation. Closest to that here in the boonies are mini-mart + fast food + fuel pumps. Corner bodegas are scarce hereabouts.

And NOBODY delivers in our mountain forest. You want pizzas? Call the bake-ur-own pizza parlor and order something, then start the convection oven, and drive the mile for pickup. I wouldn't walk back that far with a pizza. Bears lurk in the vicinity.

A mood is upon me. I must find recipes for Winter Solstice tamales. Not like Days of the Dead tamales in Guatemala, monstrous huge things stuffed to overflowing. We missed those this year. Maybe turkey-cranberry-jalapeño tamales. Leave those out for Santa instead of cookies. And cold Dos Equis.

In Hispanic neighborhoods in New York City, there are bodegas, small grocery stores/convenience stores, on every downtown block.

In Hispanic neighborhoods in New York City, there are bodegas, small grocery stores/convenience stores, on every downtown block.

Yup.

"The fictional Sesame Street is set to represent a neighborhood of New York City. The specific neighborhood that it is supposed to represent is disagreed upon. Art director Victor DiNapoli has stated that it is supposed to be located on the Upper West Side."

Yup.

"The fictional Sesame Street is set to represent a neighborhood of New York City. The specific neighborhood that it is supposed to represent is disagreed upon. Art director Victor DiNapoli has stated that it is supposed to be located on the Upper West Side."

I've always thought Sesame Street was elitist.

On California's coast north of San Francisco, Point Reyes, and Tomales (not Tamales) Bay, lie the towns of Bodega and Bodega Bay, infamous for their roles in Hitchcock's THE BIRDS. Yet neither town possesses a bodega. Ironic, hey?

Madras-style beef curry with Pilau rice, a nice cucumber, onion, mint, and yoghurt Raita, and spiced and fruity Kashmiri naan bread to mop up with, and a raspberry and redcurrant coulis over home-made orange sorbet and Langue de Chat biscuits for dessert.

Madras-style beef curry with Pilau rice, a nice cucumber, onion, mint, and yoghurt Raita, and spiced and fruity Kashmiri naan bread to mop up with, and a raspberry and redcurrant coulis over home-made orange sorbet and Langue de Chat biscuits for dessert.

I'm intrigued.

Chicken crock potted in a honey teriyaki sauce with baby carrots cooked in beef broth and yellow rice from a mix. Leftover pumpkin pie for dessert.

pancakes and bacon because I'm tired of leftovers and didn't want to cook anything else.

Tomorrow, I am aiming for Potato Soup since the weather will go from 80 to 63. But, after writing that, I'm thinking of all the carbs two days in a row. Which rules out ham and pea soup, too. I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how it goes.
:rolleyes:

Avocado-tomato-cheddar omelet, spicy sausage and fresh caponata on the side, washed down with V8 (but my partner gets an IPA), and cannabis caramel for dessert.

For tomorrow, I'm thinking a mustardy potato+broccoli soup sounds good.

Oh god. The turkey lives.... it came back as minced turkey lasagna..... I had a sausage with rice instead. BBQ sausage. Yum

Back