The AR-15

I found a place that sells them for $499. I'm buying one.

Make sure you add the cost of at least 2000 rounds of ammunition to any firearms purchase, as that's what it will take to become acquainted and adequately trained with it.

I have shot AR-15s as well as a Ruger Mini-14s I prefer the Ruger. Mostly because it fits my frame better although AR15s are so infinitely customizable that I'm sure there's a setup that I would like.

I'm not overly impressed with the look of composite stocks although I understand why someone might prefer them because of the way they maintain the same shape as a wider range of temperatures.

I like the look of Classic Furniture. I love a wood stock with a really nice grain maybe some checkering.

if I was to buy a rifle at the moment though there is a really nice 1963 Remington 700 slightly shorter barrel that year that I saw when I was in a gun shop with a gun nut. If I were to take up hunting that's the rifle I would want a bolt action. Not that you couldn't hunt with the above.

There would be absolutely no reason for anyone to invade my home. So the idea of repelling multiple assailants with an AR-15 is just not something that I would be concerned about myself. Although some people might be.

When I do find myself in situations where I might be prudent to be armed I am generally know in advance where I'm going and have some idea of what the hazards might be and in those cases obviously I would need something concealable and a rifle isn't it.

Last edited:
Make sure you add the cost of at least 2000 rounds of ammunition to any firearms purchase, as that's what it will take to become acquainted and adequately trained with it.
Only for the first one. You wouldn't need that much ammo for your second, third or fourth one.

I have shot AR-15s as well as a Ruger Mini-14s I prefer the Ruger. Mostly because it fits my frame better although AR15s are so infinitely customizable that I'm sure there's a setup that I would like.

I'm not overly impressed with the look of composite stocks although I understand why someone might prefer them because of the way they maintain the same shape as a wider range of temperatures.

I like the look of Classic Furniture. I love a wood stock with a really nice grain maybe some checkering.

if I was to buy a rifle at the moment though there is a really nice 1963 Remington 700 slightly shorter barrel that year that I saw when I was in a gun shop with a gun nut. If I were to take up hunting that's the rifle I would want a bolt action. Not that you couldn't hunt with the above.

There would be absolutely no reason for anyone to invade my home. So the idea of repelling multiple assailants with an AR-15 is just not something that I would be concerned about myself. Although some people might be.

When I do find myself in situations where I might be prudent to be armed I am generally know in advance where I'm going and have some idea of what the hazards might be and in those cases obviously I would need something concealable and a rifle isn't it.

I don't want to drag this into a militia versus the US of a kind of discussion but I want to point out that even people who have badges are just human beings and they don't really necessarily consider all the hazards out there.

I have a nice picture of some federal agents in tactical vest outside the home I was staying in. They wanted to have a conversation with my roommate about some Tannerite. Tannerite is legal to possess legal to transport and theoretically legal to shoot which makes it blow up it's a contact explosive. it's more for dramatic effect than anything that you would use to do anything perhaps harmful. He made the mistake of posting up a video of something he did with it on Facebook where one of his Facebook friends happen to be a federal agent.

You can own transport and blow up this stuff. I don't see anything particular hazardous about doing such a thing in a desert wash Far From Any Road on what happens to be federal land but apparently one cannot use this on Federal Land

to be continued. I got to go

I too prefer the mini-14, although I can't argue with the accuracy of a longer barreled AR platform. For me, I'm not much of a bench shooter, but those people that I know who are, tend to really like being able to have a sub MOA rifle for an out the door price of under $1000 (without optics). I'm more a "minute of bad guy" sort of shooter, and tend to shoot with short range optics unless I'm shooting bolt action. I have a Remington 700 sps on my list of things I'm looking for a good deal on, but I honestly don't need it all that badly.

For me, the main reason for owning an AR is the ease of customization that you can do.

There's really not a single thing that it can't do adequately, although I'd definitely argue that there are guns that can almost anything that it can do and do them a lot better. But then you'd have to own multiple guns, which isn't everyone's bag. I get that.

Overall, I see it as an excellent option for an entry level rifle all the way up to competition shooting, even though I'm not inclined towards them personally.

I might shoot it a time or two, but I'm thinking of it as more of an investment.

Only for the first one. You wouldn't need that much ammo for your second, third or fourth one.

No, you actually would.

Every firearm has a break-in period and you don't know all the ins and outs and particularities of each and every one until you've put at least that many rounds through it.

I'd say that revolvers are possibly the exception to that rule, but the action tends to get smoother on revolvers the more you shoot them, so there's no reason not to put that many rounds through them when considering a purchase.

I might shoot it a time or two, but I'm thinking of it as more of an investment.

If you think a $499 AR-15 is an investment, you'd be better of with penny stocks.

There are a ton of "pre-ban" AR-15s languishing on gun broker for less than $700. The people probably paid more than that for them in the 90s when they thought they were going to cash in on them.

I do want one, but they are god awful expensive. Not to mention the California versions are neutered so what is the point really? If I ever up and left this shitty state I would probably put it higher on the priority list.

No, you actually would.

Every firearm has a break-in period and you don't know all the ins and outs and particularities of each and every one until you've put at least that many rounds through it.

I'd say that revolvers are possibly the exception to that rule, but the action tends to get smoother on revolvers the more you shoot them, so there's no reason not to put that many rounds through them when considering a purchase.
I'll be sure to mention when I buy the ammo that I have some breaking in to do.

A friend of mine used to hunt Sitka blacktail deer on Admiralty Island with a mini-14. My preference for that hunt is my .338 WM bolt gun. The locals are big, brown, and ugly, and occasionally, bitchy.

I suffered the M16 in Vietnam, and it was #2. So I wont go near the AR15, even for free.

I own a 1930s Winchester 20 gauge shot gun, in pristine condition. My boy is a gunsmith and found it for me. And I own a Dan Wesson six-shooter.

A friend of mine used to hunt Sitka blacktail deer on Admiralty Island with a mini-14. My preference for that hunt is my .338 WM bolt gun. The locals are big, brown, and ugly, and occasionally, bitchy.

Yea I'd deff be rolling .30 cal+ in your hood. :D

I have 1 Colt a few DelTon's and Bushmasters. Some in .308/7.62x51NATO and 6.8SPC

They are fun but I prefer my M4 with the 203 on it....that's my shit....my urban combat rig.
7EFEA606641149300651034394624_22ad0cda599.5.1.jpg

But I never really shoot them much any more because out of state.

My preferred CA (and bush for that matter) rifle is the Springfield M1A, my at hand piece is a SOCOM II, because CA legal (ain't that some funny shit? LOL!!! IDIOTS!!). It's fuckin' loaded...200% combat ready and I pair it with a Springfield Operator side arm with Wilson Combat mags. Again because CA....it's not bad but if I were going to handle bidnizz I'd want to roll with the G21 loaded with +P gold dots. A G20 would be cool too.

Got a pretty standard military set up with all the goodies.

If CA doesn't chill the fuck out on the regulating just to take your money bit I'll prob get back to my 1st profession and go shoot some Somali pirates for big tax free bucks. The small bidnizz life out here is fucking retarded...if they don't come through with the goods by 2018 I'm out to go work with some homies security firm. :cool:

Last edited:

Probably takes ten thousand rounds to be proficient with weapons in general and then 2000 / new gun

2000 rounds is just to develop basic good habits and muscle memory as to where the safety is where the magazine release is, how the feel and operate. how to insert and secure the magazine.

I don't have an AR 15 but I was wondering if anyone might know, with the new gun laws that just passed in CA, with magazines over 10 rounds, how will they enforce this law ? Also, what about magazine for an WWII M1 carbine magazine that are over 10 rounds, are those also now illegal ?

Probably takes ten thousand rounds to be proficient with weapons in general and then 2000 / new gun

2000 rounds is just to develop basic good habits and muscle memory as to where the safety is where the magazine release is, how the feel and operate. how to insert and secure the magazine.

How many would you guess do that?

How many would you guess do that?

Not enough, me included.

On the other hand I know some rednecks that probably exceed those numbers they spend a significant portion of their paychecks on ammo and reloads of ammo.

It shows in their shooting.

The AR-15 is a pussified version of the M4, which is a pussified version of the M16.

I don't understand why the US government is all up in arms about disallowing people from owning these rifles. There are many other rifles that are legal to own that are much more powerful and have the same/even larger magazine capacity.

Last edited:
Let's talk about it...

It's one of the most common civilian firearms on the planet.

Why are you afraid of it? : I am not.
Why do you own one? : #1 I want to. #2 It is my right. #3 Why should my government be better armed than me? #4 I enjoy shooting it. #5 Come at me bro.
What questions do you have about it? : #1Have you ever touched one? #2 Have you ever shot one? #3 Why don't you own one? #4 Why are you scared of them?

The AR-15 is a pussified version of the M4, which is a pussified version of the M16.

I don't understand why the US government is all up in arms about disallowing people from owning these rifles. There are many other rifles that are legal to own that are much more powerful and have the same/even larger magazine capacity.

Please for the love of fuck sake explain how the m16 is a better rifle than the m4.
I cannot wait for.this explanation! Haha.

Why do you own one? : #1 I want to. #2 It is my right. #3 Why should my government be better armed than me? #4 I enjoy shooting it. #5 Come at me bro.

People who cite "Come at me bro" as a reason to own an AR-15 are a bigger source of concern than the AR-15 in itself could ever be.

Oh and the government is still better armed than you.

I own two and didn't go out to buy either. The first one, a friend who was on hard times borrowed some money then when he realized paying me back was going to take forever offered me the gun so I took it more to let him off the hook than I wanted it.

The second one came from my uncle a few months ago who, now in his late seventies is beginning to give away a lot of his 'toys' to his nieces and nephews and kids. Again, not my first choice, but he wanted me to take one of his guns because I already have a few and many of the others don't and don't want any so again I ended up with that piece.

Fired them a few times, but for me, personally, not my thing. I enjoy using hand guns at the range and occasional competition.

I'll never trade them in because they both came from people close to me, but they're meh to me. Although I guess at this point I get a kick out of having them because it annoys people like judgmental pricks here

I own two and didn't go out to buy either. The first one, a friend who was on hard times borrowed some money then when he realized paying me back was going to take forever offered me the gun so I took it more to let him off the hook than I wanted it.

The second one came from my uncle a few months ago who, now in his late seventies is beginning to give away a lot of his 'toys' to his nieces and nephews and kids. Again, not my first choice, but he wanted me to take one of his guns because I already have a few and many of the others don't and don't want any so again I ended up with that piece.

Fired them a few times, but for me, personally, not my thing. I enjoy using hand guns at the range and occasional competition.

I'll never trade them in because they both came from people close to me, but they're meh to me. Although I guess at this point I get a kick out of having them because it annoys people like judgmental pricks here

^^^^^^pussy poster

Back